As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    ObiFett wrote: »
    NATBurn had saved up keys from the previous week for Riven chests this week.

3x keys meant that we all opened 3 chests. Not a single 1KV or glittering key dropped.

Just a reminder that we've only ever seen two drop total.

This is massively borked.

Last night we opened all 24 chests. No 1KV or key dropped.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    This might be my favorite part of the TWAB:
    Nova Warp??????????????????????????????
    Yup, the Nova Warp super is too dominant right now and we are planning to tweak it. It’s currently slated to land with a patch coming in late January.

Holy shit - That's at least 2/3 of the season - maybe more.

I mean, it's the holiday season. I won't begrudge them getting nothing done for the last half of December and the first little bit of January and basically pushing everything back.

No, fuck that.

This has been broken since Forsaken launch. This should have been obviously broken from any halfway competent play testing prior to Forsaken launch. It's just not remotely acceptable to patch your PvP environment once every six months and pretend that's a real competitive game in 2018.

Try not to forget that Bungie devs are people too. No matter how unhappy you are with their work, that doesn't mean they should have to work through the holidays.

Missing the point. The problem is not that Bungie's not cancelling Christmas with their sick children to nerf Nova Warp. It's that "but the holidays" is a completely hollow excuse when they haven't patched anything over an entire season beforehand, which was itself already a laughably slower cycle goal than other major PvP games.

Sure, but that doesn't change anything now. There's no changes for Nova Warp ready to go now and any new changes are gonna be delayed because people get to have holidays off.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

3x keys meant that we all opened 3 chests. Not a single 1KV or glittering key dropped.

Huh. Wasn't it supposed to be that 2 of the chests always contained a 1KV?

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

I truly hope that was recorded, because it should be submitted for MOTW.

Fawst wrote: »

I truly hope that was recorded, because it should be submitted for MOTW.

Ahhhhhh, no. I should’ve thought of that, instead of just taking a screenshot that’s not wide enough, afterwards.

https://xboxclips.com/Elkamil/screenshots/236a73da-e08c-4e14-a422-93bb31d63447

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Yup, the Nova Warp super is too dominant right now and we are planning to tweak it. It’s currently slated to land with a patch coming in late January.

I mean, it's the holiday season. I won't begrudge them getting nothing done for the last half of December and the first little bit of January and basically pushing everything back.

No, fuck that.

This has been broken since Forsaken launch. This should have been obviously broken from any halfway competent play testing prior to Forsaken launch. It's just not remotely acceptable to patch your PvP environment once every six months and pretend that's a real competitive game in 2018.

Try not to forget that Bungie devs are people too. No matter how unhappy you are with their work, that doesn't mean they should have to work through the holidays.

Missing the point. The problem is not that Bungie's not cancelling Christmas with their sick children to nerf Nova Warp. It's that "but the holidays" is a completely hollow excuse when they haven't patched anything over an entire season beforehand, which was itself already a laughably slower cycle goal than other major PvP games.

Sure, but that doesn't change anything now. There's no changes for Nova Warp ready to go now and any new changes are gonna be delayed because people get to have holidays off.

I wasn't under the impression that my forum post would change their development schedule, but I'm glad we clarified that.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

No, fuck that.

I wasn't under the impression that my forum post would change their development schedule, but I'm glad we clarified that.

You must be more responsible with this power in the future.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Hot diggity, I snagged an Age-Old Bond with Tap the Trigger and Dragonfly. I didn't even know Dragonfly could roll on that gun. Hellooooooooo new add-clearing favorite!

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    anyone around up to do a nightfall on PS4? I just want the milestone honestly

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If I'm remembering correctly, Bungie can't change the PvP and PvE sandbox separately in most cases. There have been a bunch of examples of changes made to try to balance PvP that made a real difference in PvE, your D1 vets can give you their favorite or most egregious example (mine is when they tried to fix Hungering Blade and basically broke health regen abilities across the board). If they nerf Nova Warp into the ground then they run the risk of ruining it in PvE (and they better not, it's the literal best in Queenswalk). PvE is always going to be a million times more popular than PvP and they have to take those risks seriously.

Also they maybe should have built their game differently but I am not a game designer and that's probably exactly 1 billion times more complicated than I think it is.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The problem is, Bungie falls into the same traps and issues they always do. It's lessons they've learned a thousand times over and yet they do it again somehow.

Release game broke - wait a long time for the fixes- the fixes are great but also break a lot of other things- wait a long time for fixes for the fixes

They never have all hands on deck because they constantly shove the game into the live team's hands and run off to work on the next game so they can start the cycle anew

What’s everyone’s raid plan for tonight? How many hours have you committed to getting your asses kicked while trying to clear the first encounters?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    If I'm remembering correctly, Bungie can't change the PvP and PvE sandbox separately in most cases. There have been a bunch of examples of changes made to try to balance PvP that made a real difference in PvE, your D1 vets can give you their favorite or most egregious example (mine is when they tried to fix Hungering Blade and basically broke health regen abilities across the board). If they nerf Nova Warp into the ground then they run the risk of ruining it in PvE (and they better not, it's the literal best in Queenswalk). PvE is always going to be a million times more popular than PvP and they have to take those risks seriously.

Also they maybe should have built their game differently but I am not a game designer and that's probably exactly 1 billion times more complicated than I think it is.

It really shouldn't be as complicated as it turns out to be for them. But it keeps happening because they are bad at laying the foundation for their game which in turn makes stuff like that stupidly complicated. And they only have themselves to blame since apparently they made their own engine.

Goddamn One Thousand Voices is just broken in Gambit. I just physically dragged my shitty team over the finish line despite their kicking and screaming that they wanted to throw the game. By just relentlessly murdering the enemy team over and over and over again. 23 kills, 134% primeval healed.

It's like fucking Magnadoodle but for murder. It's Murderdoodle.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    What’s everyone’s raid plan for tonight? How many hours have you committed to getting your asses kicked while trying to clear the first encounters?

NATBurn isn't even going to attempt it. This is the first expansion we haven't even tried to PL up for a first weekend attempt.

Its pretty sad, actually.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Forsaken's been a slog every time. I just don't like the story line at all for reasons that I don't feel like iterating.

---

Also, one of the things that Bungo said in hyping Destiny 2 was that they would be able to balance PVE and PVP things, and they have. Many of the patches quite literally have said "Increased PVE damage of <weapon/thing>."

The nerf to the dodging mechanic explicitly impacted how it behaved in PVP as far as aim assist, and the like.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

No, fuck that.

What are you even talking about? I posted that we are probably not getting that update till january because of the holidays. You responded to me. Why are you suddenly pretending like you weren't the one that wanted to talk about this?

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The problem is, Bungie falls into the same traps and issues they always do. It's lessons they've learned a thousand times over and yet they do it again somehow.

Release game broke - wait a long time for the fixes- the fixes are great but also break a lot of other things- wait a long time for fixes for the fixes

They never have all hands on deck because they constantly shove the game into the live team's hands and run off to work on the next game so they can start the cycle anew

With Bungie it's always two steps forward, one step back onto a banana peel and fall down a flight of stairs.

I will give them some credit, they have gotten noticeably better at communication and faster at implementing fixes. They dropped the level requirement for the Forge within a couple days, which isn't a complete fix but at least helped enough that I could complete the activity.

awsimo on

NATBurn isn't even going to attempt it. This is the first expansion we haven't even tried to PL up for a first weekend attempt.

Its pretty sad, actually.

That blows. But it’s probably the right call, considering how much of a grind is required to just be 20 under the recommended level.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I did end up matchmaking at the blind well last night, so the workaround of walking slowly by the right stairway definitely worked for me. Hilarious that we have to do that, but at least it’s effective.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    BTW... the reason why you guys are getting donuts on those 1KV drops lately is because well, you didn't sherpa donuts. :P

(couldn't resist).

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I believe this is the first time my group hasn't finished the previous raid prior to new content releasing, and it's largely due to forsaken being such a grind that we only really got started on last wish maybe a month ago.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

My plan is to:
    1) Load in
    2) Explore what I can
    3) Experience a crisis of confidence about where Destiny is headed and whether it's worth the time, mental or emotional investment anymore
    4) Shoot some dudes

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Do people still run the old raids, like Leviathan?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I ran blind well twice yesterday, one pre and one post hotfix

Pre - no one around, start a level 2, one guy shows up, run another level 2, 2 more show up near the end and run unstables till complete

Post hotfix - run straight into an instance halfway through a level 3, complete 2 unstables, win

Based on my sample size I give the hotfix three dreg arms out of four. (-1 dreg arms for not having matchmaking baked in)

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I did end up matchmaking at the blind well last night, so the workaround of walking slowly by the right stairway definitely worked for me. Hilarious that we have to do that, but at least it’s effective.

It did not work for me, that it usually found people fast was one of its redeeming points, now not so much.

I'm sure they'll fix it... Next Season.

If only someone had found a glitch to get infinite Silver, then Bungie would literally have crashed all the servers immediately to put out an emergency fix in less than an hour.

Sirialis on
    Khraul wrote: »
    I ran blind well twice yesterday, one pre and one post hotfix

Pre - no one around, start a level 2, one guy shows up, run another level 2, 2 more show up near the end and run unstables till complete

Post hotfix - run straight into an instance halfway through a level 3, complete 2 unstables, win

Based on my sample size I give the hotfix three dreg arms out of four. (-1 dreg arms for not having matchmaking baked in)

I don't think there was a hotfix for Blind Well. They just told everyone how to get around the problem and people are using it so now matchmaking is working well again.

From my experience I honestly suspect this bug has been happening for like a month now.

Sirialis wrote: »

It did not work for me, that it usually found people fast was one of its redeeming points, now not so much.

I'm sure they'll fix it... Next Season.

If only someone had found a glitch to get infinite Silver, then Bungie would literally have crashed all the servers immediately to put out an emergency fix in less than an hour.

They emergency fixed the Forge issue within like 48 hours. I suspect it's not as easy as flipping a switch to fix Blind Well.

Brody wrote: »
    Do people still run the old raids, like Leviathan?

People who need the Exotic Catalysts still do them occasionally, but generally just the first encounter or two to save time. Levi/EoW/SoS rewards cap at 380, though, so there's not as much incentive to do them anymore.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    In awesome news

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/a3wlur/progress_on_the_nessus_panel_partially_solved_all/

The raid secrets community has made significant progress on Black Armory's puzzle thingy. They've had to apply 5 different cipher transformations applied multiple times in a specific order. Each transformation came from its own puzzle. Additionally there was a multi-layer puzzle to even figure out how often those transformations and in which order to apply them. All of these puzzles and pieces were in game

And all they've got for all those efforts so far is yet another riddle. But they are getting closer.

Uh, what

I had no idea this was a thing???

Can someone explain

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    At this point I feel compelled to point out that making games is really, really hard. Thinking up solutions to problems often isn't the hard part -- it's putting them into place without breaking a dozen other things.

This is still software development, and project complexity gets exponentially more difficult to deal with as it increases. Destiny is a wildly complex project, especially with all these DLC attachments bolted on, likely by multiple internal teams. If you want a mental image of what the codebase probably looks like at this point, zone in to Tangled Shore.

I'd rather see people saying "why haven't they fixed X yet" than "nobody plays Titan in crucible anymore because the fix to Ursa broke the way supers work when you aren't wearing them".

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I noticed yesterday that if you look at some the Black Armory boxes inside the Forge through the "scope" on the BA Machinegun, some of them would show hidden runes.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Just let Titans be free to be the bullet train we were always meant to be, release your petty jealousy and allow this beautiful locomotive flower to bloom unfettered.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Xur is on the Traveler behind Dead Orbit in the hangar:
    Gun- Suros Regime
    Hunter- Ophidia Spathe
    Warlock- Crown of Tempest
    Titan- ACD/0 Feedback Fence

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Yeah, there's a reason Queensbreaker is silly good in Gambit.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Yeah, when my group and I figured out you could chest shot people and get a headshot with QBB it took invading from “I hope we can get their mote carriers” to “bet I can get a 4k while launching between mancannons”.

Spoiler alert: I did get the 4K.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So I starting having all manner of networking errors yesterday, and while I saw no acknowledgment of an issue on Bungie's twitter, it would seem that their forums confirm that something is afoot.

@Muffinatron - I dropped out of the blind run, as these issues just aren't conducive to functional raiding.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    (No-spoilers) There is a mechanic in the new raid that I have wanted since pre-TDB. I am thrilled by this.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    why don't people understand "Fight in the cave" in the for-oh wait voice chat is opt in. Fuck me jogging.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."