As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MCU] Captain Marvel tickets on sale now, less than 60 days to go.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Marvel have mostly been sensible about not giving up the whole story of their movies in the trailer.

• Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    April!? Come on, Marvel, this was coming out ON my birthday until now! Fine, I GUESS I’ll take it a week earlier if I HAVE to...

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I love the idea that the fate of the universe hinges on Scott Lang's dumb, lovable ass rolling up to the Avengers' house in his goofy van.

Infinity War hinged on a father willing to sacrifice his daughter to 'save' the universe.
    The sequel will turn on a father willing to sacrifice the universe to save his daughter.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Man, so many cool game announcements at the VGAs last night, and now the Avengers trailer today. The last 12 hours have been pretty fucking awesome! Kinda stinks that Cap went and got a haircut/shaved, though =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    I interpreted that as farmer Thanos using his armor as a scarecrow.

This has been bothering me since we saw the scarecrow at the end of Infinity War, 'cause he dropped his armor on Thor's ship which then blew up.

I mean, I assume he has multiples, but why'd he go get a spare just to hang it up?

What else is he going to use to scare crows away? *

Regular clothes? But he uses those. Armor is just sitting around not doing anything.

besides infinite cosmic power, I mean

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Tarantio wrote: »

This has been bothering me since we saw the scarecrow at the end of Infinity War, 'cause he dropped his armor on Thor's ship which then blew up.

I mean, I assume he has multiples, but why'd he go get a spare just to hang it up?

Regular clothes? But he uses those. Armor is just sitting around not doing anything.

He could just use the method my grandfather used for squirrels on his bird feeder

"HEY! GO ON! *claps hands loudly several times* GO ON!"

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    What else is he going to use to scare crows away?

It's a lot less of a concern these days. There seem to be less crows around for some reason.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

He could just use the method my grandfather used for squirrels on his bird feeder

"HEY! GO ON! *claps hands loudly several times* GO ON!"

Everyone knows Thanos can’t scare squirrels come on man

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    I love the idea that the fate of the universe hinges on Scott Lang's dumb, lovable ass rolling up to the Avengers' house in his goofy van.

Infinity War hinged on a father willing to sacrifice his daughter to 'save' the universe.
    The sequel will turn on a father willing to sacrifice the universe to save his daughter.

This is cool and applies to both bonus heroes in that trailer!

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Can't watch trailer yet, what's title?

Edit: Endgame, huh.

jdarksun on
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i just want to say that the A4:E trailer did so much more for me than the Captain Marvel trailer.

• NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    I love love love the fact that most of the trailer is empty shots.

Is it just me or does Scarlet's voice sound...gravely-er?

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    makes me wonder if the Russo's are allowed to cut their trailers compared to the other films. Because Winter Soldier was one of their best trailers.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

Because as far as he's concerned, his fightin's done.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    ...that trailer might have gotten so many views so fast it broke.

Because right now it has more likes than it has views.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Dr. strange is the best fyihth

Endgame

I like it

So It Goes on
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

Because as far as he's concerned, his fightin's done.

No, I think you misunderstand.

He didn't have his armor throughout Infinity War. He had it at the beginning of the movie and then took it off when he put on the Space Gem. So in order for him to make his armor into a scarecrow, he had to have done something to either go get it or recreate it or something. But, ultimately, I believe the below is true:

The symbolism is worth the inconsistency. Swords into plowshares, and all.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Dr. strange is the best fyihth

Endgame

I like it

I like how the Russos said the title would be something never spoken in Infinity War.

Can't trust anybody these days!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    About Tony's predicament
    looks like he and Nebula are both on the Benatar, which IIRC we never saw where it was at on Titan? The Guardians just showed up, so we were left to assume they parked nearby. It was presumably fine, but Thanos did throw a fucking moon at the planet, so perhaps it was damaged?

Even if Tony can't figure it out, Nebula should know how to fly it, and the thing can go at lightspeed or hyperspace or whatever, so it's weird he seems to be stranded and dying. Maybe Nebula bailed and didn't leave instructions.

Oh, also realised where that helmet came from!
    Thanos rips it off his head at the start of their lil' 1v1. Tony doesn't have time to reabsorb it, so it just stays separated, I guess.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Marvel have mostly been sensible about not giving up the whole story of their movies in the trailer.

I think their ways of using b roll stuff and not giving away anything while still giving the gist of the film are pretty great, tbh.

Contrast that with Spiderman Homecoming where they p much gave away the film (except for that twist).

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I like the title.

I also liked how they had no idea why people even cared then fucked with people over it.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    There’s speculation going around about (trailer spoiler)
    It really being Nat holding the picture of Peggy.

...I don’t see it.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, Steve is totally dying. I have zero doubt about that. This will definitely be Evans' last Marvel movie.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I appreciate how the logo is assembled from the ashes.

I like to think Nebula ditched Tony right after Infinity War.

"He did it. Well, bye."

wVEsyIc.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That was more than I expected.

Having the MARVEL STUD10S fade away like that still hits home.

Small bit, and entirely speculation, but I feel like the
    imagery at the end of the fractured/broken up bits coming together again to form the A and Endgame is a nice bit of nodding towards things (and people) being made whole again, without being so obvious as having it come together from obvious dust).

Yes, yes, it's not exactly a secret. I'm not saying they're conveying something unknown here, but I like the imagery all the same.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    So, the biggest question I see is "who rescues Tony?"

Because everyone else is on Earth regrouping with the Avengers and Scott, working on their plan. My theories:

Nebula, after previously ditching him, getting away on her own, and then having a change of heart.

Carol, on her way to Earth to answer that page.

Tony has a list minute epiphany on how to get the engine working again and saves himself.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Because everyone else is on Earth regrouping with the Avengers and Scott, working on their plan. My theories:

Nebula, after previously ditching him, getting away on her own, and then having a change of heart.

Tony has a list minute epiphany on how to get the engine working again and saves himself.

Howard the Duck.

wVEsyIc.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My money is on Carol for that one.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I too am highly amused that Scott Lang will be the one that everyone revolves around in order to save the universe from Thanos.

Maybe he’ll be the leader of the new Avengers going forward?

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Howard the Duck.

Sylvester Stallone

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    I too am highly amused that Scott Lang will be the one that everyone revolves around in order to save the universe from Thanos.

Maybe he’ll be the leader of the new Avengers going forward?

Well, he's clearly the most chipper about the situation. I wonder if his daughter survived.

wVEsyIc.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Stark doesn't give up.

Suit in a cave with scraps! He's got a whole ship to work with there! Figure it out, Tony. Get yourself somewhere.

hah

what if Stark rescues himself by ending up on Thanos's planet.

spool32 wrote: »
    hah

"Hey, uh... don't suppose you know where Earth is?"
    "...that way."
    "Thanks. I'll be back."

wVEsyIc.png
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    That was Hawkeye
    with the sword, yeah?

Carpy wrote: »
    That was Hawkeye
    with the sword, yeah?

Yeah.

Well, "Ronin" now, technically. But it was Clint.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Like Nomad i doubt theyll ever call him that

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    hah

"Hey, uh... don't suppose you know where Earth is?"
    "...that way."
    "Thanks. I'll be back."

At that point, I feel like Thanos would just open a portal for him.

None of this is going to happen but it'd be great :)

This discussion has been closed.