As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I got the reporter and wrestler from rhythm heaven, I win

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I need to go pick this up after work today, don't I.

I shouldn't because I still have two weeks of class left for this semester, and this would be an easy gift idea for my folks for the holidays.

But I kind of need to? I think?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Wubbadubbadubba that true?

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I got Leon Belmont as my opening spirit

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Spirit Board also unlocks new characters for every few minutes of play

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Wubbadubbadubba that true?

HYEAH

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I got a pink pixel-y guy I didn't recognize and never looked up to figure out where he was from. Maybe an earthbound?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I've been playing world of light very strategically unlocking as few characters as possible in prep for todays smash day with a group. I've played 9 hours and unlocked 11 characters and most of them were from exiting world of light.
    A lot of quality time spent with Duck Hunt Duo, they fit my playstyle perfectly. (Stay far away and shoot cans into the fray)
    Villager is my bane.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I think the Velvet Room is probably the best choice for a Persona stage, because it lets you throw in even more persona/demon references as they pop out of the fusion system.

Also, I posted a possible moveset for a MegaTen protag over in the G&T thread well before the announcement, but I stalled out on a fourth-most-relevant demon option. With the protag definitely being Joker, we can put Arsene in that spot. (My top three choices were Jack Frost (MegaTen mascot), Cerberus (demon sidekick in the original novel), and Pixie (token first demon/negotiation tutorial).)

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I found Tsubasa from Tokyo Mirage Sessions. She's a blue with 3 slots and apparently can be upgraded at lvl 99. No idea what upgrading her will do but that's my main goal right now.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is there a marker or something for Spirits that upgrade at 99?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I may be the worst smash player in history.

You're only saying that because I haven't started playing yet.

I'm almost positive you could beat me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Ya. Where it normally says what skill they have it has a message saying that it'll upgrade.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Ok so because I was curious I went and shoved a bunch of food down her throat to get her to 99. When you upgrade them they get extra stats, a skill unlocks (extra jump height in this case), and the image changed from her normal clothes look to how she looks when she's in her carnage form.

Edit- Oh and they go back to lvl 1 as well.

H0b0man on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    They need to make a Raichu echo fighter for Pikachu so I can play as the best pokemon.

Also playing classic mode to do the challenger fights has reminded me of one of my least favorite things about these games: Fighting the goddamn psychic millisecond reaction computers.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Is there a marker or something for Spirits that upgrade at 99?

They should say they are enhancable, you can also sort them by enhancibility in the level up menu

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    King K Rool is probably my surprise fave.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Spirit Board honestly unlocks characters TOO fast, it’s overwhelming

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Just to make sure I understand it correctly

If I unlock a character via the spirit board, they unlock in everything else, but that does not work the other way, is that right?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Just to make sure I understand it correctly

If I unlock a character via the spirit board, they unlock in everything else, but that does not work the other way, is that right?

Character unlocks are global, except for adventure mode where you must rescue characters.

Rescuing a character in adventure mode also unlocks them for the rest of the game.

• Options
    Just did an online match. Oof. Not sure if it was my internet or the netcode but that was rough. Noticeable delay on almost all my inputs. I assume the others were having it too just based off what they were doing.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yeah it seems like the only way I can enjoy online is 4-player free for alls that are chaotic enough to cover for the considerable delay

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Oh, nah it gets you a Challenger fight, which I can then throw. Is that what Classic does too? Cause then I can play Classic!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    You always have to beat a challenger to unlock a fighter no matter what mode it is.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I bought a Wolf Amiibo on a whim and holy shit he has a wallet chain, i love him

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So I’m definitely getting the impression that spirit stats actually matter a lot in the WoL.

I’m trying to fight The Boss right now, a 4 star grab, with a 2 star attack and it is rough

Not to mention the CPU is actually set pretty high

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    it's downloading (I had to wait till I had done all my christmas shopping before I bought something for myself)

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    The Chun-Li spirit receives a severe art downgrade when she hits 99 and enhances.

It goes from the Alpha art to a a way more angular looking one, like the bad story mode art from SFV.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Man you just unlock characters left and right huh? I did Century Smash as Fox, lost, and still got Ness to appear as a challenger

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have managed to beat the computer a couple of times as Simon Belmont. I am still very bad at getting back on the ground when I'm knocked off the side.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    The Chun-Li spirit receives a severe art downgrade when she hits 99 and enhances.

It goes from the Alpha art to a a way more angular looking one, like the bad story mode art from SFV.

I was worried about stuff like this

Is there any way to keep them from evolving, like Pokémon?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    You just don't choose the option to evolve them.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    I don't know if they just expect you to have better spirits or more skills unlocked but some of these WoL stages are hard. There's a couple where I just get to 100% damage in what feels like seconds. I'm having to skip a couple of these things, especially stamina fights against multiple people.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I have managed to beat the computer a couple of times as Simon Belmont. I am still very bad at getting back on the ground when I'm knocked off the side.

I think that is just the Belmonts in general. They have awful recovery options because everything else is so good.

Like the down+A attack that goes from a slide into a leaping kick.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I am legit butthurt that the Joker announcement didn't come with, like, an announcement for P5 for Switch.

Whatever I guess Atlus doesn't want my money.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I would be pretty surprised if that wasn't on its way

P5 ain't a graphically intensive game and its been a few years, it could go for a P4 Golden style treatment

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

Keep in mind that they have a tether recovery option as well - can recover with grab

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My starting spirit was Reyn, so this game gets me.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    My starting spirit was Octoling.

I just assumed it was because I had Spla2n data on the Switch, like how Melee unlocked an Olimar trophy for having Pikmin data.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I unlocked Simon.

I have already self destructed with the slide jump multiple times.

And done neutral air attacks when I meant to do up or side for the ledge grab.

This discussion has been closed.