As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I find it thoroughly amusing that the original question was "recommend me a frame to get next, without everything is fine, all frames are good" and at this point we've recommended every frame but 4 (Ash,
    Atlas, Nyx and Wukong.)

If what another poster said upthread about fire being a preference in other games, then yeah, Ember and Nezha are good. They're both powerful, in different ways, and can be got without too much hassle. Sailing up is also Oberon, who's a solid all-rounder, and will be got from killing things on any map anyways.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Ash was recommended already.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    All hail Nidus, King of "Hold on, just let me ramp up even more"

LD50 wrote: »
    Ash was recommended already.

Yeah true, I should have remembered I threw him out there as yet another alternative. But seriously, I do not recommend him unless his aesthetic specifically appeals to you. He's weird and annoying to farm.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    Can I get a reinvite to the PA PC Clan? AxenMoon by the name.

You can indeed. One's been sent.

I think Figgy is on the PC side, unless there's multiple people with that username around.

Oh duh

I should be less asleep when I check for people who want invites

BahamutZERO.gif
    Axen wrote: »
    Can I get a reinvite to the PA PC Clan? AxenMoon by the name.

You can indeed. One's been sent.

I think Figgy is on the PC side, unless there's multiple people with that username around.

Oh duh

I should be less asleep when I check for people who want invites

Welcome to the club. The number of PS-framers I've tried to invite to the PC clan is well above 0.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Agusalim wrote: »
    wukong's immortality gives him a decent wee niche in arbitrations just now (where your main stumbling block is no revives), although tbf he doesnt offer much more than what you can get with phoenix renewal oberon or nidus' passive.

Nidus has to build infested stacks for each revive. Wukong just needs Hunter's Adrenaline and to remember to activate Defy.

Phoenix Renewal has a 90 sec cooldown, Defy will keep preventing death several times w/o cooldown until the amount of health you recover *finally* is less than the energy return needed to trigger it again, which I think is in the double digits (on phone, not going to expose it to the wiki to get the numbers for proper napkin math)

Wukong may only be able to do one thing worth noting, but he does that thing hands-down better than anyone by a mile.

steam_sig.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    "oh hey I do have the Limbo quest!"

> It's Archwings all the way down

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

okay what's the quickest, easiest way to level my Archwing so I can start fusing into the mods to make it suck less

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    Erpo on Earth is a start, low level Archwing Mobile Defense. Other than that, do Archwing alerts when they show up, they're usually populated.

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    BREAKING NEWS
    Available for 1 credit: this hat
    us5ktx0dh4jp.jpg

Archwings are terrible.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Archwings are terrible.

The annoying part is that it doesn't have to be. I've played plenty of space-mecha games that were perfectly awesome. While the Tenno aren't exactly space-mecha, the concept of the Archwing missions is largely the same.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Nah, archwing is fucking great

JtgVX0H.png
    edited December 2018
    I love the concept of Archwing and the game-type they represent, but I do think they could use a thorough usability-pass.

MrGrimoire on
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Brake button, please!

If you're getting into Archwing, grab a Grattler BP off the Grineer lab in the Dojo. It's leaps and bounds better than the starting Archwing weapon, and unlike all the other weapons does not require Syndicate rep to get. Just 5 tellurium, which is doable and probably a good investment to make Archwing more palatable.

I like how there's a menu option for experimental archwing flight controls, but with no information about what that actually does.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Makes it playable imo.

I think archwing melee is something they should be considering for 3.0 because it feels real good to just zoom hack slash zoom hack slash through enemies.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    The reason people say play whatever looks cool is because Warframe is a really easy game that is mostly about breaking the game balance in half in your method of choice. HOW would you specifically like to break the game today?

Right now the only truly bad Warframes are Ember, Nyx, and Wukong.

I heard Hydroid was pretty bad.

The keyword is "was."

He got a rework in the past year I think that boosted his usefulness quite a bit.

And that's generally a think to keep in mind: DE will revisit frames that are underperforming. It may take a while to do so (Nyx has been weak for a long time now) but they do get around to it.

The same can't be said about weapons as some are just expected to be left behind as MR goes up.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I enjoy the ship/space station archwing missions...I mean it can be tough to navigate without slamming into all the walls but they are more interesting than just open space. Kind of cool concepts there.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    If you're getting into Archwing, grab a Grattler BP off the Grineer lab in the Dojo. It's leaps and bounds better than the starting Archwing weapon, and unlike all the other weapons does not require Syndicate rep to get. Just 5 tellurium, which is doable and probably a good investment to make Archwing more palatable.

You young tenno and your syndicate reps, in MY day you had to run endlesses C rotation both ways to get a new archwing item.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

You young tenno and your syndicate reps, in MY day you had to run endlesses C rotation both ways to get a new archwing item.

...In stupid Defense missions where you had TWO things to defend, that were made of tin and protected by happy thoughts, and nowhere on the map where you could keep both in line of sight!

steam_sig.png
    Foefaller wrote: »

...In stupid Defense missions where you had TWO things to defend, that were made of tin and protected by happy thoughts, and nowhere on the map where you could keep both in line of sight!

That's what frost is for.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I wish I could tell what the fuck is killing me on Fortuna.

Seems like every enemy cluster has a ranged attack that hits through my shield as Mesa, which is...fine, I guess, if I could figure out how to spot it coming and kill/dodge appropriately.

But I have no clue what the fuck's sniping me as I bolt over mountains and through valleys at full speed, just rhythmically blasting my health through scatter shield until I die. AFAIK I had 1000 meters and a mountain between me and the nearest hostile, but died anyway.

Can you freeze to death on Fortuna?

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Oh man, that Fortuna part 2 trailer!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    edited December 2018
    Mesa Prime! With Akjagara Prime and Redeemer Prime! And butts! December 18!

Deans on
    Kamar wrote: »
    I wish I could tell what the fuck is killing me on Fortuna.

Seems like every enemy cluster has a ranged attack that hits through my shield as Mesa, which is...fine, I guess, if I could figure out how to spot it coming and kill/dodge appropriately.

But I have no clue what the fuck's sniping me as I bolt over mountains and through valleys at full speed, just rhythmically blasting my health through scatter shield until I die. AFAIK I had 1000 meters and a mountain between me and the nearest hostile, but died anyway.

I've generally not had this problem as Mesa. However, around bases at least, the big turrets will shoot straight through you shield, as will the ray-gun on Coil Drives. I honestly don't know if the dropships have anything similar, but might be it.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Holy shit Mesa Prime is gorgeous. I fucking love that giant sci-fi cowboy hat.

Also get hype for portable Archwing cannons. I'm absolutely gonna put the biggest dakka platform I can on my frames.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Feel free to post a link to the video.

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Holy shit Mesa Prime is gorgeous. I fucking love that giant sci-fi cowboy hat.

Also get hype for portable Archwing cannons. I'm absolutely gonna put the biggest dakka platform I can on my frames.

Mmmm... Grattler. Also, going to need to trade with some of you folks for the archwing weapon parts from the left side syndicates.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Devstream that's still ongoing.

They're showing the Nyx rework in progress and her mind control just turned a Corrupted Butcher into a wrecking machine, it was great.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Czy834U.png

a clip I took from the stream of Mesa Prime

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • NebulousQNebulousQ Registered User regular
    May I get an invite to the PC clan?

Name is: NebulousQ

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

It's on the devstream, which is still live.

JtgVX0H.png
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Devstream that's still ongoing.

They're showing the Nyx rework in progress and her mind control just turned a Corrupted Butcher into a wrecking machine, it was great.

ahh, well that'll explain it.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2018
    Here's the Youtube version of the stream:

As always, spoiler warning for people who haven't done Second Dream yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV-HoxYP6hs

Deans on
    Baruuk looks a little weak, but fun and stylish enough to use anyway.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    It's hard to tell in the picture but it's Mesa prime supposed to have breasts partially covered by a jacket? I mean it really looks like it to me but it could be the picture.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

That's what frost is for.

Archwing.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt