As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa! Assignments now!

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Okay cool, I didn't want to go hunting down lost packages.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Giftmas cannon has been loaded and is ready to fire.
    Prepare yourself Santee.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    lq3kMBj.gif

https://youtu.be/7IqZDmQvGwY

@KoopahTroopah strikes again with my new favorite mug. Pictures didn't do this one justice, so I had to get a video. Thanks Koop!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So jealous! I want a mug like that now too @KoopahTroopah!
    And for shame @anoffday for the vertical recording!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Does it do anything with cold liquids?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So jealous! I want a mug like that now too @KoopahTroopah!
    And for shame @anoffday for the vertical recording!

Hey I'm new to this high tech stuff. I don't know what I'm doing.
    Does it do anything with cold liquids?

Nah, just stays dark. Only activates for coffee, tea, cocoa, etc...or I guess just hot water if some reason you like drinking just hot water.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I'm going to assume this is common knowledge, but just to be sure - don't put it in a dishwasher. :P

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yes, thermal changing mugs are not dishwasher safe.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    lq3kMBj.gif

SANTA WON'T STOP! @Antoshka just gave me a redeem key for..... Wait for it.....

5b203b0d1ae66222008b4cf1-750-422.jpg

FREAKING HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!! My third game for the switch and all of them were gifts!!!!!!

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    lq3kMBj.gif

SANTA WON'T STOP! @Antoshka just gave me a redeem key for..... Wait for it.....

5b203b0d1ae66222008b4cf1-750-422.jpg

FREAKING HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!! My third game for the switch and all of them were gifts!!!!!!

0AXlBTh.gif

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Presents away! One package is guaranteed today and the other should arrive before Christmas so have fun (hopefully) opening stuff twice!

Or once if you're a person with patience. Either way, Merry Christmas!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    We may have a potential code red (with white fur trim) situation. I found an unexpected Amazon package on my doorstep this morning when leaving for work. No time to investigate fully but a quick peek showed the green shine of Amazon gift wrap within so it's unlikely to be something I've forgotten I ordered.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Wow, Christmas is coming up quickly! I'm a bit behind where I usually am at this time. Really need to turn-and-burn this week, so that items can arrive to the appropriate destination at the appropriate time.

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    lq3kMBj.gif
    ...Sorta? I got these great-lookin' two Kindle books in my email:

PGjt97q.png
    MmNInD9.png

I actually don't have either of these books, and I have actually been meaning to get around to reading the second one! Only small issue is, because I live in Canada, for some dang reason, I can't accept those specific Kindle books (even though both are available in the Canadian Kindle Store). I *can* accept them as an Amazon gift card and then should be able to use that to buy them in the Canadian Kindle store, so I *will have* these books eventually, just... it might take a bit of a weird trip, and Santa if you see me claiming them as a gift-card instead of accepting your very kind, well-thought-out gift, that's why.

Imperfect on
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    DAMNIT! It wouldn't let me purchase them on the Canada store. What the heck is the point of globalization if these problems still crop up?!?

Glad you didn't have either. I have the first book on my to read list. I listened to the second one (and the other 2 books) via audible. @metaghost had suggested I give it a try and it took a while for me to get through it, but it was a really neat series. I hope you enjoy it! There's still more on its way.

PSN: jfrofl
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thanks, though, you really tried, and Amazon has weird-as-hell rules about this stuff. I appreciate it and I'm going to find a way to read these books. I've PM'd you a potential solution - let me know!

That's actually a pretty good workaround, gift card credit in place of a book you can't accept.

steam_sig.png

edited December 2018
    We may have a potential code red (with white fur trim) situation. I found an unexpected Amazon package on my doorstep this morning when leaving for work. No time to investigate fully but a quick peek showed the green shine of Amazon gift wrap within so it's unlikely to be something I've forgotten I ordered.

I was right! A short picture story with bonus background Christmas Lego because it is currently infesting every flat surface in our house.

ZKQ9xiZ.jpg

fFYKpca.jpg?1

CgkodK5.jpg

Pigs Clank in Spaaaaaace!

Awesome! I love deck builders and I love everyone being eaten by the dragon whilst failing to get any treasure in Dungeonquest and this seems like a glorious mash up of the two.

This is going straight out to game night tomorrow!

Massive thanks mystery Santa.

Putting as much effort into my detective work as looking one post up, @jclast ?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Holy crap that looks awesome.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I think I have the last piece on the way to me. Soon. Sooon

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular

I was right! A short picture story with bonus background Christmas Lego because it is currently infesting every flat surface in our house.
    ZKQ9xiZ.jpg

fFYKpca.jpg?1

CgkodK5.jpg

Awesome! I love deck builders and I love everyone being eaten by the dragon whilst failing to get any treasure in Dungeonquest and this seems like a glorious mash up of the two.

jclast is innocent in all this.

Because I am not. :twisted:

Glad to see you like the gift, @Jam Warrior! I'm not the most knowledgeable as far as board games goes but as noted, I saw you were interested in a Clank! game and Space seemed the "friendlier" of the bunch according to a few forumers. Oh, and you wishlisted it too. :p

There's another package coming your way, a small one I mailed, and I planned on revealing myself with it. Problem is, I was a bit too careless and unfamiliar with international shipping options, and I don't think said package will arrive in time for Christmas or even the New Year. My own mistake. Still, keep an eye out, it could come in at any moment.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was super not me and amazon let me down. I hear Clank is awesome, though, and I hope you enjoy it!

camo_sig2.png
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Wow, Christmas is coming up quickly! I'm a bit behind where I usually am at this time. Really need to turn-and-burn this week, so that items can arrive to the appropriate destination at the appropriate time.

Update:

Turning: 75% complete
    Burning: TBD

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ohhhhhh.

I expect full report on Clank in Space!

Absolutely love the base game.

edited December 2018
    And now that wait between shipping a gift and seeing the gift received post, where you spend your time growing increasingly worried that you somehow screwed up the address despite copy and pasting it from the message and wondering if the box has taken an unintentional side trip to West Virginia because of that.

see317 on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    And now that wait between shipping a gift and seeing the gift received post, where you spend your time growing increasingly worried that you somehow screwed up the address despite copy and pasting it from the message and wondering if the box has taken an unintentional side trip to West Virginia because of that.
    I live in Canada. There was a time I bought a few single cards from a guy in the US, and when the envelope arrived several weeks later it had stickers from Germany on it. One of the stickers marked entry, the other marked - if I may paraphrase - "WHY THE HELL IS THIS HERE? SEND IT BACK AND ROUTE IT PROPERLY." That was a good detour. XD

I've had a Santee misspell their own address in the PM. Good thing I caught it in time.

steam_sig.png

I've had a Santee misspell their own address in the PM. Good thing I caught it in time.

I did that once, the package was returned to the sender because I transposed two numbers.
    I felt terrible about it, and still double and triple check my address each year now, despite the fact that I copy and paste it directly from the previous year's sign up.

Dac Vin wrote: »

ZKQ9xiZ.jpg

fFYKpca.jpg?1

CgkodK5.jpg

jclast is innocent in all this.

Because I am not. :twisted:

Glad to see you like the gift, @Jam Warrior! I'm not the most knowledgeable as far as board games goes but as noted, I saw you were interested in a Clank! game and Space seemed the "friendlier" of the bunch according to a few forumers. Oh, and you wishlisted it too. :p

There's another package coming your way, a small one I mailed, and I planned on revealing myself with it. Problem is, I was a bit too careless and unfamiliar with international shipping options, and I don't think said package will arrive in time for Christmas or even the New Year. My own mistake. Still, keep an eye out, it could come in at any moment.

Oh wow! More surprises to come? You are a super Santa. Sadly a last minute lurgy has scuppered games night tonight so next opportunity for Clanking it up is on Friday if there’s time after the current planned game.

Thanks again.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    I still don’t know who my Santa is.. 🤔

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    My Santee should have gotten theirs, just waiting and hoping.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

Most of us don't!

It's a mystery wrapped (!) in an enigma.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636

Most of us don't!

It's a mystery wrapped (!) in an enigma.

Smothered in secret sauce.

steam_sig.png

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

I also don't know who mine is, but I think something is on it's way.

My target, ahem, SANTEE should be receiving theirs next week.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Santa, your package is gotten and I'm a little weepy. I'll put up a proper gift post this weekend but ... wow.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular

I admit I get a bit panicky whenever someone posts "Hey Santee you should have gotten your gift already" because I'm not sure if it's me and I missed it.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

Usually it means they're not done?

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Gift gotten, I'll make a post just as soon as I'm not scrambling around like crazy trying to get all my projects wrapped at work before the holiday break.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    I must admit, I usually don't check my mail everyday because it's down a flight of stairs, but I've been checking it every day because of Secret Santa. :heartbeat:

I must admit, I usually don't check my mail everyday because it's down a flight of stairs, but I've been checking it every day because of Secret Santa. :heartbeat:

Just think of all that bonus exercise you’re getting! What a nice Santa you must have!