As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One signature image lower than another

Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet:Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
For some reason, one of my two signature images is lower than the other. Not a massive issue but it's a bit odd and I don't think the host is responsible, particularly as I switched them around and the issue persisted. I don't know if it shows up that way for anyone else.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    In Chrome, disabling the following CSS style (from https://forums.penny-arcade.com/applications/dashboard/design/style-compat.css?v=2.7b1.5b776b15) fixes the problem:
    .userContent>*:not(:last-child) {
        margin-bottom: .6em;
    }

I would imagine the devs can fix that by reverting that change, but if not you could avoid it by combining the two gifs.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I know this is real, real old but I can't get the change to persist and Chrome has changed the way this apparently works so many times I have no idea how it's supposed to work now.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    It appears you need an addon now to use custom css styles in Chrome. Googling shows there are at least a few available, but I don't have any experience with them so I can't recommend one over the others.

The style itself seems to have changed as well. You'll probably want a rule like this:
    .userContent > *:not(.emoji):not(:last-child):not(br) {
        margin-bottom: 0px;
    }

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Seems a bit finicky. I suppose at this point it might be prudent to ask how it looks to everyone else. If everyone else sees my signature as it's intended I could live with it, and if they aren't then me fixing it for myself wouldn't necessarily fix it for anyone else would it?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    To me it looks like they're misaligned by 11 pixels.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Why not combine them into one image?

• Options
    Well, with this one I probably could, but with the signature, I usually use most of the year I have two rotating images and them being two different images is part of the point.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    You know what, you could probably just add a small transparent image to the end of your sig (on the same line) and the eyes should line up.

Smasher on
  • Options
    You were right Smasher, that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the advice and the help.