As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    not sure if this qualifies as an indie game but i just remembered that a new Desperados game is coming soon and it made me very happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcppLD0Kl0

i remember getting the original at a garage sale for like 1.50

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The same like 19 person team (Mimimi productions) that made Shadow Tactics is doing Desperados 3 so I think it counts.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Shadow Tactics was a real delight; Desperados 3 is a likely buy for me

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    DayZ

Kinda Funny has been showcasing indie games coming out next year since 1PM ET, first ever Kinda Funny Games Showcase

Goose! on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Goose! wrote: »

Kinda Funny has been showcasing indie games coming out next year since 1PM ET, first ever Kinda Funny Games Showcase

Here's the YouTube archive, tons of new trailers and announcements in there:
    https://youtu.be/KZpAfrtglTc

In other news, Celeste is getting a physical release on Switch and PS4 from Limited Run Games (yay):

and Super Meat Boy Forever and Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw are both going to be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for 1 year on release before coming to steam, console releases are unaffected. Double Damage, the RGO devs, wrote a blog post with more details and the reasons behind it: https://rebel-galaxy.com/rebel-galaxy-outlaw-launching-on-epic-games-store-qa/

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    Man I am REALLY excited for Rebel Galaxy:Outlaw.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Careful ordering stuff from LRG. I ordered Dust in August and they now say they're hoping to actually start shipping it late next February

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJn-hdDi8n0
    Noclip's next documentary, releasing next week, is on Supergiant's development of Hades

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So like

Are these teams reaching out to Danny? Since literally noone even knew it was happening I imagine he just got a call one day?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Noclip gets a lot of pitches nowadays, yeah

They take on like 1% of the offers they get though

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I am far far far far less interested in the Noclip docs for in development games

That just feels like marketing

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I am far far far far less interested in the Noclip docs for in development games

That just feels like marketing

I agree but I also love supergiant's games a ton so I'm still excited to watch it

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    Gris is super pretty and chill y'all. Getting real Journey vibes from it.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    Did Supergiant ever return that camera to giant bomb?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    DayZ
    So I seem to remember the response around here to CSD2 when it launched on PC was tepid

Did they ever get the game up to a better state?

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    I found it to be fine. It's a much bigger game than the original, for good and bad.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    That cute looking pokemon-like Heartbeat showed up on Steam this week.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    I finally got to
    Megaera
    in Hades and got promptly destroyed.

I mostly use the shield and go for Special and Cast upgrades since I do the Souls thing and get too greedy in melee which then leads to death.

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I finally got to
    Megaera
    in Hades and got promptly destroyed.

I mostly use the shield and go for Special and Cast upgrades since I do the Souls thing and get too greedy in melee which then leads to death.

It's a pretty mean slice of hit points to carve through, yeah. I like the mix they've got going - bits of Bastion's weapon variety and Transistor's tutti-frutti upgrade flavors.

Glazius on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I beat Hades. It turns out that the strongest power in the game is an Epic-level version of Aphrodite's dash powerup, because I dealt 40 damage explosions on the start and end of each dash. So I just kind of... double dashed on top of and away from everything, and it all died, and also dealt 50% less damage if that got me hit. Then I got to keep boosting something that made weak enemies take more damage, so I was dealing *80* damage twice per dash, and I think it could backstab too...

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    DayZ
    milski wrote: »
    I beat Hades. It turns out that the strongest power in the game is an Epic-level version of Aphrodite's dash powerup, because I dealt 40 damage explosions on the start and end of each dash. So I just kind of... double dashed on top of and away from everything, and it all died, and also dealt 50% less damage if that got me hit. Then I got to keep boosting something that made weak enemies take more damage, so I was dealing *80* damage twice per dash, and I think it could backstab too...

nah the strongest power is the legendary boon upgrade from Ares for your blade storm things

the more I pick at this game the more I find new boon combinations that are absurdly strong. It's kinda exciting that you can find more than just one or two super powerful routes to take

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    I've been playing Hades and I am extremely bad at everything but petting Cerberus and telling him he is a good boy

• Options
    DayZ
    go give Achilles some good hugs too

• Options
    Ares legendary blade storm boon requires you to take the blade storm powers, which are really questionable without that combination.

Also, like, I killed Meg in <15 seconds, so I'm pretty sure it's academic if there's something better than that.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    DayZ
    I've found the blade storm powers universally amazing

especially in the second zone

the dash version is incredibly potent, though the cast version is a bit more usable. I used the dash version to beat Meg in about 20ish seconds, no damage taken at all, just yesterday

Anzekay on
  • Options
    The problem I had with the cast version is that it's super slow; there's too much stuff that would just leap out of it in the later portions of hell. Never tried the dash version, if only because the other surge power from Poseidon was massively underwhelming.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Also, getting the chance to bring enemies on your side when you weaken them + dash explosions is hilarious. You're zipping around making friends!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    DayZ
    The size boosts for it are amazing, and when you're dashing 3 times every second you kinda blanket an area with them. and then when you get the epic boon for it everything gets sucked inside anyway

I think I killed the final boss in less than 40 seconds with the blade storm dash run (post dash version buff) and my first kill against that boss was with Aphrodite shield throw + blade storm cast

but I've had some other crazy combos with stuff like Zeus' chain lightning stuff on AoE attacks, huge crit boosts plus armour damage from Artemis, and Ares damage bomb on other AoE stuff. What I really like is that the game definitely offers you a whole lot of incredibly powerful combos if you dig for them. There's definitely no one best option I think.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Star Citizen

That looks like the long lost 3DS sequel to Teleroboxer

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I've been playing Hades and I am extremely bad at everything but petting Cerberus and telling him he is a good boy

Play around with the buttons until you find something that works for you. You'll get the hang of it.

Also, did you get a treat? Did you get a treat? Because he looks like a good boy who needs a treat.

• Options
    Just cleared a run with a non-epic (but upgraded 4 times) Ares blade ash. Yep, it's also good.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So I been playing that Below and it seems very Dark Souls but way less interesting to look at? Granted I've only played for a couple hours but the environments are very grey and foggy caves and the enemies are like little red blobbits where I'm not sure what I'm looking at, also there are survival bars to keep full

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Still can't shake the feeling that "documentaries" about in development games are effectively just marketing.

So much of the media around videogames is "hype-oriented", to it's detriment, and this feels more like that than it does a legitimate documentary.

Don't really have room to speak because I'm not currently a patron, but dang I'd be disappointed if I was putting up money to fund videos to "preserve gaming history" and instead got somewhat more humanized long form commercials.

This discussion has been closed.