As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    anyone around to do Volunder forge on PS4?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I gotta say that the whole way they open the raids is kinda silly. Especially with this new one. Cause like, apparently there's story stuff going on?

They unlock the new forge today and I guess there's something about this Siviks guy if you finish the quest to unlock it. But I only know this from the trailer they tweeted out. I haven't even managed to finish the quest yet. And even if I had it wouldn't matter because literally before I logged in for the day someone had already finished the raid and there was a bunch of dialogue blabbing about Siviks this and something or other and I don't fucking know.

It's like, maybe release the stuff that sets up the story for the raid before the raid? Possibly even like a week before or something? It's just a bit ridiculous. Everything gets thrown at the player out of order.

• XagarXagar Registered User regular
    This time it looks like the raid IS the story setup. Some Fallen wants to steal stuff from a vault, who is this guy, why now, and what's in the vault? Find out by getting journal pages from completing our new activity. They didn't really try very hard to sell it like that so I understand the confusion, but I think this is actually a pretty good idea in the context of the extensive timegating planned for the rest of the year.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I beat the new forge, it’s pretty fun and hectic. And I’ve managed to do all of 2 characters’ milestones, which is more than I expected to have done by Saturday afternoon.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    There is a weird issue with New Englanders not being able to connect to Destiny w/o getting constant error codes dumping us so we can't even play. Pretty rad.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    There is a weird issue with New Englanders not being able to connect to Destiny w/o getting constant error codes dumping us so we can't even play. Pretty rad.

Yeah, this is what I was talking about yesterday.

Any Network Engineers able to explain how there could be a game-specific, regionally-centralized, possibly ISP-specific connection issue?

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    If anyone is curious where to find forge saboteurs...
    Forge Saboteurs
    High Value Targets that spawn about every 10 minutes, they're an important part to preparing Black Armory Weapon Frames.

However, they are more interesting to us due to the fact that they seem to always be near the entrance to a Forge (One spawns in the Gulch, at the entrance to The Tunnels, where Volundr is located - another spawns in Artifact's Edge, directly in front of the Entrance to Gofannon).

Due to this, we expect Izanami and Burgusia to be in the Hallows on Nessus, and Outskirts on EDZ, respectively.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    twice in a row now I've been trying to cryo-freeze the pod dude and been paired with someone who has a thunderlord and just wants to kill.

I wasn't fast enough to freeze him :(

EDIT: now three!

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Elki wrote: »
    I beat the new forge, it’s pretty fun and hectic. And I’ve managed to do all of 2 characters’ milestones, which is more than I expected to have done by Saturday afternoon.

I tried it earlier with a friend and a random, we had the boss at less than a third with 30 seconds left on our first run, then he stood and did that damage aura directly on top of our respawn point, killing us before we even got to move repeatedly, so for the full remaining 30 seconds we had left he just instakilled us every time we respawned.

Not impressed.

Sirialis on
    Sirialis wrote: »

I tried it earlier with a friend and a random, we had the boss at less than a third with 30 seconds left on our first run, then he stood and did that damage aura directly on top of our respawn point, killing us before we even got to move repeatedly, so for the full remaining 30 seconds we had left he just instakilled us every time we respawned.

Not impressed.

I’m pretty high level, and got lucky with matchmaking. I got a team of two with the day one raid emblem, at 645+ light; I followed them around throwing healing nades, putting down rifts, and punching to empower them. We did half his health before the first teleport.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    See, this is why I'm a terrible Welllock--I forget that I have healing grenades, I save Well too long (just for the "big moments" right), and drop my rifts in the worst places. When I do punch, it's never when my teammates are close.

There's so much more to it than "drop Well on the boss and wear Luna" than the internet would have you believe.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
    Does anyone else find it hilarious to hear npcs call the new big bad Civics?

I wonder what his policy on roads and infrastructure are

I’m actually really enjoying the way the story is being delivered in Black Armory. There are a few too many ‘kill x while standing on one foot’ steps but some mindless activities followed by a really challenging one is a good way to structure Destiny imo

So, amidst my current issues actually playing the game due to living in New England, I think I've killed the damn HVT Captain 4 or 5 times and have yet to get the Gofannon quest step to advance.

Not cool.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    So I spent five hours yesterday doing comp for a total Net loss of about 70 glory. 😑

Left my underlevelled tail attempt too late as a result. Cleared the first two encounters and got the curated shotgun(!) but no finish and day one clear.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    Catalase wrote: »
    So I spent five hours yesterday doing comp for a total Net loss of about 70 glory. 😑

This was me Thursday night. Net loss: ~200 points.

See, this is why I'm a terrible Welllock--I forget that I have healing grenades, I save Well too long (just for the "big moments" right), and drop my rifts in the worst places. When I do punch, it's never when my teammates are close.

There's so much more to it than "drop Well on the boss and wear Luna" than the internet would have you believe.

For stuff like Forges Pheonix Protocol is actually a really good choice. If you are on PC and thus have menu-loading superpowers you can even use PP till the boss and then switch to Lunas while the 3rd wave loads in.

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    shryke wrote: »

For stuff like Forges Pheonix Protocol is actually a really good choice. If you are on PC and thus have menu-loading superpowers you can even use PP till the boss and then switch to Lunas while the 3rd wave loads in.

Exactly, this sort of intricacy seems to be lost on the general internet public, at least from what I've experienced, and it's something that I want to strive to get better at.

E: Also why I was more excited to get Phoenix Protocol instead of Geomags for my last exotic drop--I honestly run Nova Warp in PvE far more than Chaos Reach, outside of specific situations, and having more granular options for a Well run is fantastic.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    metaghost wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »

Yeah, this is what I was talking about yesterday.

Any Network Engineers able to explain how there could be a game-specific, regionally-centralized, possibly ISP-specific connection issue?

Not a network engineer, but a couple of months ago the ISP's routing center that services our corporate HQ caught fire, and we couldn't access anything because all our traffic has to get VPN'd "home" and then out through a firewall or w/e.

Edit: not really Destiny specific, but a potentially similar issue. Also, I couldn't access destiny from the PNW either.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Malfeasance quest is really turning me into one of those r/DtG salt-posters. Gambit used to be a no-pressure thing I did because it was fun to shoot mans, but now that I actually need wins I’m yelling at my screen “BANK YOUR FRIGGIN’ MOTES ALREADY” and “SHOOT THE PRIMEVAL YA GOOBERS!”

I’ll be happy to be done with this one. Breakneck has the right idea, only requiring completions.

Requiring a bunch of completions with nothing else tied directly to it, just invites assholes AFK’ing matches.

I'd be happy if I'd seen the meatball more than once ever so that I could start the goddamn quest

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Did they seriously bring clan requirements back for new raid challenges? Why?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    After a number of Petra's Run attempts, I've only ever screwed up once. Of course, my turn to screw it up was was right near the end of the Riven fight.

Damn. We'll get it next time.

Arteen wrote: »
    After a number of Petra's Run attempts, I've only ever screwed up once. Of course, my turn to screw it up was was right near the end of the Riven fight.

Damn, that’s close. When I made attempts we failed really early, or on the jumping section before Morgeth.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I’m gonna make a serious attempt at the raid tomorrow, with intent to get loot. Best of luck to me.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

Damn, that’s close. When I made attempts we failed really early, or on the jumping section before Morgeth.

Most of our wipes are at the very first set of doors at Kalli. Followed closely by the second set of doors at Kalli. At at least once by the ceiling at Kalli.

Past that, it's half player error, half shenanigans that cause our wipes.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Leveling would be so much faster without bullshit dupes. Literally three of the same sniper rifle in a row from powerful drops.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    edited December 2018
    Did they seriously bring clan requirements back for new raid challenges? Why?

Because they haven't changed their mind about why they did it in the first place one assumes. They caved and let us at least keep doing the old challenges. But whatever demented logic convinced them to go with this system is still the one they believe in.

But it's hilarious cause they time-gate your clan XP gain. So you literally can't be lvl 4 till like 2 weeks from now or something. And yet they are already selling the bounty that literally no one can buy.

shryke on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Finally. I'd tell you how it is, but I'm never playing Destiny ever again.

n0yuj71a2cjk.jpg

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    I love that all the "dark age tech" gambit weapons are prop guns from 80's action movies.

I'm not even joking... I love the style of those weapons.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Cerberus +1 and a sniper is low key pretty great, that thing just shreds. I'm so happy

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Finally. I'd tell you how it is, but I'm never playing Destiny ever again.

I just got mine tonight too, and I'm so annoyed it's not a LL600 weapon by default. "Hey guardian, grind this halloween event and get a LL600 weapon (which I missed out on). Now go grind Gambit for a weapon, oh but it's barely better than your current light level." At least I enjoy Gambit, right now it's the best thing about D2.

nusu on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Story time!
    I've been working on my Malfeasance quest for a few days, finally at the last step. Joined up as a fourth with @Booker and we had a few good games, then we hit a real good team.
    They win first round before we're even banked up. I invade a few times, but they're too smart and just collapse on me so I only get a kill or two at a time. They win the match, we're about to call it a night...early the fireteam leader didn't cancel out of matchmaking quickly enough and we face the same team. Welp, let's see if we can get some revenge since we're here...

We lose round one again, then win round two in a race against their burn+invader.
    Round three, they finish bank first, but we're able to keep them in check invading. We bank and it's down to the wire. They get about half way when I invade. I get either 4 or 5 kills, heal their primeval a ton, finish my bounty, and come back home to see our primeval disappearing and theirs at full health.

Best accidental sweaty rematch ever.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited December 2018
    Leveling would be so much faster without bullshit dupes. Literally three of the same sniper rifle in a row from powerful drops.

Working as intended.

My Titan keeps getting wasted powerfuls because not once has he gotten a single class item in BA.

I hate it.

Sirialis on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Any tips on the forge? We barely dented the boss to the point it didn’t seem too feesible

We had 609 611 and a 609 rando

616610-1.png
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Any tips on the forge? We barely dented the boss to the point it didn’t seem too feesible

Well, randos can make it tough to execute a solid strategy, but the light levels in your example are definitely high enough.

That said, it can be really hard to pull off a kill (if not impossible) at lower light if you enter the boss phase without sufficient ammo and supers.

For my group, our first kill was with a Sunsinger Super Rift, Tether, and Ursa Shieldbro. Boss dropped, we broke the orbiters, then waited for him to move to the lower area (while shooting him to keep orbiters from respawning). Once he drops, we tethered the ground, then dropped Super Rift near him, and Ikelos'd. Once Ikelos was exhausted, Ursa activates shield, and we burned down with Thunderlords.

To ensure ammo/supers as best we can, we use whatever time we have in a wave to just kill adds for ammo drops before depositing 20th ball.

Disrupter wrote: »

From the spot where you respawn, just to the left there is a rock pile stick out from the wall. If you pull the boss into the pit area in the centre, you can snipe the boss from that rockpile with Whisper, ducking backward into cover to regen when you take too much fire or to avoid grenades. Then you just chain rezzes and hope for the best. I find tethers, while mostly useless in the first 2 phases, help a lot hear to keep the adds under control. Wells and Lightning Beams from warlocks are super good here. Remember to keep constant damage on the boss so he doesn't re-shield as that will probably kill your attempt at the light levels y'all are at. Whatever you do, do not stay at the spawn area and try to "burn him down" from there. That area is a death trap.

We did it (on PC) last night with a 600/608/618, so it's doable. Took a couple of tries though and some luck.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I don’t have whisper or sleeper

Is darci a third option?

616610-1.png
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Our best run yesterday was just chaining melting point + 3x Thunderlord.