As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Ultra-Delux Compact Model Classiness Gifts! [SECRET SANTA] & [CRYPTIC CARDS]

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Part 1 of gift volley may have arrived today I think!

DIRECT HIT!
    Part one arrived today.

I don't quite know what it is, and as mentioned upthread FrauCron is very serious about the whole "no opening of gifts until the big day" but I think she'll probably aquiece when all parts have arrived.

For now though, it's under the Christmas lamp (we don't have a tree, so the gifts are going at the base of the floor lamp in the sitting room) and waiting for its friend.

SECOND STRIKE!

So part two has made it! I know exactly what this is, and you must have known how competitive Fraucron is because this will be right up her alley :)
    I'll try and talk her into opening the both of them so we can have a few games before she goes home (and also, so I can post pics).

Thanks again @Ilpala for a very classy combo of presents!

sig.gif
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i accidentally posted this in the G&T secret santa thread because I'm an idiot

the other day i was leaving for work and noticed a package that had been by the door presumably for a couple days but i missed it because i thought it was all stuff for my roommates

but it wasn't it was for me and it was from Knitdan

Knitdan got me a knitcap and some of those classic books that I've never read and also some cool coasters and tissue paper for the cat oh and also a magnet for the flag of Cascadia long live Cascadia

ua5no3qj5cer.jpg

this is good and reading books helps me feel smart, thanks knitdan

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Tracking says confirmed gift strike today, hopefully the payload is classy enough!

Edit:. Or the USPS site was wrong and it won't get shipped today because it hasn't changed since 8 am! Woo!

jungleroomx on
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh thank god I saw it had been dropped off a couple days ago and was starting to worry it had been stolen

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    Part of my jolly offering was sent on its way today! Look out anonymous person!

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Sure glad I paid for 2 day shipping.

Estimated delivery is tomorrow by 8 pm.

• 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    vvvkc4l9n4kn.jpg

Gift get!

The highly classy @Elldren has gifted me with mighty spirits, which I intend to enjoy liberally and in good company. Thank you!

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Gifts should have hit my Santee today. If you haven't yet been hit LOOK BEHIND YOU RIGHT NOW!

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    8GA0mkY.gif

The rest of the volley of gifts (I think) has arrived!

First up, some dice, life total counters, and deckboxes for Magic: The Gathering!

ciZ77VPh.jpg

Next, some wonderful cookbooks, along with a print copy of Kill Six Billion Demons!

cEMVLgJh.jpg

And last but not least: Alesha, who Smiles At Death, a Temple of the False Gods, some various lands, a wonderful single or multiplayer dungeon crawling game, and a beautiful modern portrait of Jesus Christ!

8CMJjA0h.jpg

Everything together, including the cards from before:

HitJtgxh.jpg

Big version:
    HitJtgx.jpg

Thanks @Atomika ! The gifts were wonderful!

I ate an engineer
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Yaaaaay!!!

Merry Christmas, Milski!!!!! <3

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I'm out of town this weekend! So if something arrives for me I'll get it Wednesday!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Also, I made chili (mostly) per the recipe in the Texas cookbook!

Initial tomatos, onions, garlic, and beef:

VtUxPNfh.jpg

After adding stock, more seasonings, and corn flour and reducing a bit:

uoktt8Zh.jpg

It was almost done... but it needed one more thing.

NSF @spool32
    z0WI29Gh.jpg

mpg1fF9h.jpg

A single red bean, to (spiritually) season it with purist tears.

Final product:

EsROnzuh.jpg

I ate an engineer
    I really like that pot

edited December 2018
    pdvqx585lm8d.jpeg

Finally got to opening the gifts - these will make things even more competitive in our house. Nothing quite tests relationships like Mario Tennis!

Bogart on
    sig.gif
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    @HerrCron that was a stupidly large image. I’ve resized it for you but if this wasn’t the Santa thread and a source of good cheer I’d have infracted you and felt good doing it.

Check your image sizes, guys.

Bogart wrote: »
    @HerrCron that was a stupidly large image. I’ve resized it for you but if this wasn’t the Santa thread and a source of good cheer I’d have infracted you and felt good doing it.

Check your image sizes, guys.

Shit, thought it was resized, but phone posting caught me out.

My bad, sorry about that.

sig.gif
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I got a couple of things in Charlotte ! Will mail them either from here or when I get home :)

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    DIRECT HIT, AWAITING DAMAGE REPORT

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    And shot fired. Should arrive around Wednesday.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So my dog was barking like someone as the door and I was like okay and looked. There were two packages. One with replacement brake lights for my car from Amazon and one I did not order.

Hmmm...a box.

G4HTN9rl.jpg

What's inside?

Ga5zyEJl.jpg

This is a lot of bubble wrap what is below it?
    ZHlzijMl.jpg

Oooh look a card!
    wX2spm5l.jpg

Well shall we look at the haul Madison?
    PRcOLMfl.jpg

First some paints! Yay! Including stuff I didn't have woo! More colors for the color god!

Z9MWvutl.jpg

And look at this gorgeous scarf!
    lRwFqKWl.jpg

It is scotty approved it seems.

Also a chocolate and tea! YAY!

Re5UHUfl.jpg

Thanks so much @jungleroomx this is awesome and totes classy. I am going to wear the scarf tonight to a dinner mystery party and show it off!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    I'm glad you like it Mazzyx! Enjoy!

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Delayed hit! I didn't realize it was from my guy at first, sorry!

Pic got photobombed by lil Junipurr, obscuring a part of it...

QS18a1ll.jpg

A Blue Frame Astray Gundam! I never watched Seed, but always loved the Astray designs. This dude comes with a fuckoff huge knife weapon! :D

And (obscured) a GameCube controller for Smash! Lady Raven and I been playing it a bunch already, this gonna make Smashing more comfortable, thaaaank you so much @Cristoval

For my own part, Gifts Away, but they're gonna be split up and delivered all over the place, sorry Santee. Yer card will be the last thing to arrive. ;D

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
    Yay! I was hoping they were sent to the right address... I've never watched Gundam myself but tried to choose the coolest looking one!

There's another piece in the mail for you, which should be hitting next week :)

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I have received a gift!

The tag says that it's only the first, but possibly the tastiest... and this is a definite truth. Check it out!

u4g7Eddl.jpg

This is one of those cookbooks that your aunt Bessie contributed to back in the 50s and it is by turns amazing and terrifying. Tons of great obscure cajun stuff to try in it, tons of stuff that reads like a technical challenge - "first, make a roux". Some stuff that sounds like Bessie was clearly phoning it in... there's a recipe in here for "A La Mode", and it is literally:

Ingredients: brownies, vanilla icecream, whipped cream
    Directions: cut up the brownies and layer them in a glass with the icecream. Put whipped cream on top and eat.

Next to that is an extensive & complex recipe for a crazy good sounding strawberry cake I've never even heard of!
    I flipped to the etouffee recipe (of course there is one) and no fucking okra so I know this thing is legit.

:):):):)

Look at this recipe for Rum pie. No, not rum raisin... just fkin Rum.

RS3u8cel.jpg

Yes.

Thank you!! Can't wait to see what else arrives!

spool32 on
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    Hits away! It occurred to me I may have not added my name to certain gifts - hopefully when they all arrive (today), everything should be made clear.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    GIFT GET!

@3lwap0 thank you so much!

octdpzoicc43.jpg

Now I have an entire library of produce to plant when I get the land for my compound next year, plus wildflowers to attract bees, and also add taste to my mead.

And when I need some protein to go with the veggies I'll just break out that awesome fly fishing rig and go catch a delicious bass, or trout, or bream, or really anything that is willing to be caught.

Thanks again! This was perfect.

Note to my Santee: Your gift(s) will be going out this Saturday but you'll have them by the end of next week.

are YOU on the beer list?
    The Ravens sent me an adorable card, I’ll take a picture in the morning.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Thunderbird 1 reports it has landed in the danger zone, awaiting response from the rescue team!

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Gift launched! now I have to start carding.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Delayed hit (I think!). Had a package sitting on my deck this morning and fear it was probably there all weekend. Whoops! In my defence my deck is an icy deathtrap at the moment so I've been avoiding it as much as possible. Look at these beauts...

w61kgjbdhigj.jpg

I'm only skeptical of this being from my Santa because I think I've only mentioned RDJ a total of one times on these boards, in spite of being a huge fan! (Fun fact, I was listening to Lie, Cheat, Steal while opening the package??) So either that is some next-level stalking, or @Tav just decided to spread the gift of RTJ this holiday season. (Always give the gift of RTJ all seasons). Thanks a bunch!! Love it! It's a Christmas Fucking Miracle! (KoRn joke)

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Look I’m not saying I went back through like three years of forum posts but that’s exactly what I did. Enjoy my man!

👉👊

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    So, I haven't gotten any shipping notices yet. I would like to apologize in advance, but at this point, I feel like at least part of my gift is going to be very late. >.>

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I was blasted by holiday cheer just now. Pics to come. For now though, THANK YOU SANTA!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OH GOSH DARN IT! I totally missed this thread this year! UGH! Can someone shoot me a reminder next year? Pretty please?! :)

But I found my way back here because my Facebook page popped up a photo from last year. After tracking down where it came from, I ended up here. One of the many gifts my 2017 secret santa @Atomika sent me was a Star Wars robe that my daughter wears all the time. Here is the 1 year before and after shots:

Before:
    4mjwm3g0o8jj.jpg

After:
    7rb7xfzpgdsi.jpg

Such a great fit! We make her wear when she wants to play in the attached sun room, since it gets pretty cold in there at night. Once she outgrows it, it'll move on to our newest little one. His name is Luke, so the gift is even more fitting.

Thanks again @Atomika and I'll try to remember to join you all in 2019!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Minding my own business today, and suddenly my dogs are barking and barking and then there is a doorbell. By the time I get to open the door, only a brown box remains at my doorstep. Inside there are multiple wrapped items!
    r0pTzTQ.jpg

And a message on one:

uiEG15I.jpg

Well, I’m always one to follow directions, so here we go!
    fOP1mQV.jpg
    Definitely not the worst gift ever. I love socks! Like, I really do. And these ones are nice and soft.

More? Yes more.
    With the help of my model, who quickly claimed this one as her own:
    3eRdQXq.jpg
    6b4qOnM.jpg

Very cute, going over well with the older kid so far!

A brain game to pass the time is always a good choice:
    NjPOMH1.jpg

And it is monstrously difficult it seems. I’ll be stuck trying to get it right in between diaper changes.

Oh wait for it. There is most definitely more. Good god is there more.
    WHAAAAAAAT ISSSSS HAPPPPENNINGGGG?

Okay okay
    C4YZH8q.jpg

Too many games. That’s like 2000 hours of gameplay right there, assuming I don’t fall too far into the abyss of Minecraft. My daughter might though as she claimed that one too already. Wow. Thank you so much!

I have a feeling I know who the culprit is based on return address name but I can’t be sure, so Santa, please reveal yourself so I can slather you with praise.

It’s all very awesome and classy! Great job Santa!

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    @davidsdurions That would be me. I'm glad you got the package! Enjoy!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I knew it! Thank you so very much @Hahnsoo1 you are a delightful human being! Happy Holidays! You sure did a brilliant job of spreading cheer here!

Hey @davidsdurions, those can't possibly be the worst gift ever!
    qmayyermd23b.jpg

Is this what it feels like when doves cry??

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Minding my own business today, and suddenly my dogs are barking and barking and then there is a doorbell. By the time I get to open the door, only a brown box remains at my doorstep. Inside there are multiple wrapped items!
    r0pTzTQ.jpg

And a message on one:

uiEG15I.jpg

Well, I’m always one to follow directions, so here we go!
    fOP1mQV.jpg
    Definitely not the worst gift ever. I love socks! Like, I really do. And these ones are nice and soft.

More? Yes more.
    With the help of my model, who quickly claimed this one as her own:
    3eRdQXq.jpg
    6b4qOnM.jpg

Very cute, going over well with the older kid so far!

A brain game to pass the time is always a good choice:
    NjPOMH1.jpg

And it is monstrously difficult it seems. I’ll be stuck trying to get it right in between diaper changes.

Oh wait for it. There is most definitely more. Good god is there more.
    WHAAAAAAAT ISSSSS HAPPPPENNINGGGG?

Okay okay
    C4YZH8q.jpg

Too many games. That’s like 2000 hours of gameplay right there, assuming I don’t fall too far into the abyss of Minecraft. My daughter might though as she claimed that one too already. Wow. Thank you so much!

I have a feeling I know who the culprit is based on return address name but I can’t be sure, so Santa, please reveal yourself so I can slather you with praise.

It’s all very awesome and classy! Great job Santa!

Holy shit!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page