As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

For Sale: 2017 [Car thread] - No Rust! New Clutch! Blown Turbo!

19495969798100»

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    I've autocrossed a 650hp car, and if it's not "too much power," it's awfully close.

450-500 is the sweet spot imo.

500 wheel horsepower is about what I'd want in a Caterham, yes.

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I've autocrossed a 650hp car, and if it's not "too much power," it's awfully close.

This is madness!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    A manual second gen NA Forester is my current practical dream car. Just so practical and way lighter, plus better visibility, than the third gen. Fourth gen spiced the model back up a bit though.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I would stay away from adding too much power to a ‘14 mustang. They are the last year with the solid axle and can be a real bear to drive when the numbers go up. I’d focus on exaust, tune, suspension and braking. That will maximize the fun.

Yeah I’m not planning on going crazy (yet?), I just want to put a little extra into it, show her that I'm thinking about her, ya know?

Orrrr trade that sucker in and have a car payment for another like 6 years, idk, it depends on the day how responsible I'm feeling

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I've heard that Maximum Motorsports is one of the go to places for Mustang suspension stuff.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    One thing you should also consider when modifying your car is that the mods don't add value. They retract value. Your car will be worth less.
    There's this STi that's been up for sale here for 2 or 3 years that is modified as all getout, that they're asking a ridiculous price because they've modded it to like 650 WHP.
    People want to buy the unmodified cars because a) they never know how shitty the last owner is and b) they want to modify it themselves.
    That's just something to be aware of.

Also, I completely forgot about Maximum Motorsports!

• mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Yep, between a modified car and a stock one, I will almost always pay more for a stock one. The only exception is a build with lots of documentation or where I personally know the builder.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

This is madness!

What can I say? I'm Australian, we like having almost enough power. I want to put an LT5 in a Toyobaru GT86BRZ, remember? 750 flywheel horsepower and 715 ft/lb of torque in a 2700 pound car, what could possibly go wrong?

This is madness!

What can I say? I'm Australian, we like having almost enough power. I want to put an LT5 in a Toyobaru GT86BRZ, remember? 750 flywheel horsepower and 715 ft/lb of torque in a 2700 pound car, what could possibly go wrong?

It's not 1 HP per Lb

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

My dreams have to be at least semi-realistic, I'll never have the budget for a custom built twin-turbo LT motor. So, the crate LT5 will have to do. Or what's actually even more likely, a crate LT376 (535 hp and 470 ft/lb).

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

My dreams have to be at least semi-realistic, I'll never have the budget for a custom built twin-turbo LT motor. So, the crate LT5 will have to do. Or what's actually even more likely, a crate LT376 (535 hp and 470 ft/lb).

You should look into purchasing a jet turbine, is all I'm saying....

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

Chrysler tried that, remember?

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

Everything I've read has said it would have worked well!

Also, this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiPepVjH6J8

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

Also, this:

As an aerospace engineer, I would love to drive something that spooled up like a jet engine or helicopter. :biggrin:

m!ttens wrote: »

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

Also, this:

As an aerospace engineer, I would love to drive something that spooled up like a jet engine or helicopter. :biggrin:

So, an RX-7?

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Tonight I ended up having front row tickets to a stoplight drag between a Hyundai Tiburon GT and a Subaru BRZ. Now, the BRZ is quite a bit quicker than the Tiburon in any case, but I think everyone waiting at that light was surprised to hear a big 'ol turbo spool up from under the hood of that BRZ as it quickly put three or four car lengths between itself and the Tiburon.

edited December 2018
    I took my car in this morning to have the brake pads changed on the front and to get a crunchy clunk in my suspension diagnosed. Really hoping it's a relatively cheap fix on the suspension.

Edit: well the clunk lives on. My mechanic doesn't know for sure if it's the strut mount or a steering component that is making the noise, and suggested I take it to the dealership to make sure they won't cover it under warranty before I have him begin replacing components.

jgeis on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Imgur isn't playing nicely so here's a tiny thumbnail from Google, but my wrapping paper arrived:

grfUZWltYj5GtnZfL5vwtxgzIyyZx0FV22ZblmkGB9w1sY01qzhzhMEFJCMn_csvWBy_chDyeb_-HSd5p8IeQWrQMnszDahs3ofxF30SFmt19XLCAMF5kyeNa7FnFnc3COqby43_ttUFccXd1YklNwruKOklzJ7jyyz3ekATd_Yq8XcPlohEEq2iLo_g4w3WSBsYxvNcg-sqLCjME_bNS69CqkKy5BeeQkklDHNkSluY5jQf5cOTI2gLRfDh2o7XyzWWto9mMs3VHM_ZvfH_7w7d9Bx_8bRU3jULGPgq_K5TgH-YQ4OJ_2c-kNah3apdqylZUhn5zOTVKxRaJ8POdBKIWCcNAVA4V10pEL0laXSww75MfJT3PNVbDU2xvFqBKojfknbnJLg5EP9gs6IQcFl9CaMwiKo-duyBSbaVzEIN6KPYadcZp0TudxD2XoNTEIbC2ay4sjT7rQJ-Ly7mb-KSvtnU7Sybhu5XMq4VBpAz-lYBApOgfQVpwjWa4wamazdqufOriNokUtYHt2QAVFpuA5BPq_DvviZViBzkapOye5t_2MsjS1Z9cf_0ZPUw6sMiU8fwPjQidvMWI1irEb0XWxerhdz4aF11TznqfwKHoizQzkBu61zbql3J70_a9_J5oD61HeID2mEh0GbvbTb_Ag=s250-k-rw-no

Now no-one will be able to tell what their presents are

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    I took my car in this morning to have the brake pads changed on the front and to get a crunchy clunk in my suspension diagnosed. Really hoping it's a relatively cheap fix on the suspension.

Edit: well the clunk lives on. My mechanic doesn't know for sure if it's the strut mount or a steering component that is making the noise, and suggested I take it to the dealership to make sure they won't cover it under warranty before I have him begin replacing components.

I'd say if your mechanic cannot diagnose the failing part without randomly replacing things until it's fixed, you should find a new mechanic.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    jgeis wrote: »

I'd say if your mechanic cannot diagnose the failing part without randomly replacing things until it's fixed, you should find a new mechanic.

It was less "I think it's one of these two parts" and more "Hyundai/Kia had been replacing a steering component under warranty on other models, check with them first."

He was pretty certain it was the strut mount but it doesn't hurt to check.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I FUCKING HATE ACADIAS

We've had so many problems with this fucking car.

Now the blower fan isn't working.

Figured I'd check the fuses... They are under the glove box. I had to flip upside down to barely see them then I had to work blind with a plastic flap digging into my cheek while I was checking the HVAC fuse.

Of course it was fine.

Either the motor is dead, an actuator has gone bad(those were just recently replaced) or its the control module or thermostat.

NEVER FUCKING AGAIN WILL I BUY A GMC

If the fan's not working (no air comes out) and the fuse is fine, it's either the switch (if your climate control system even has an actual fan speed switch) or the fan's dead. Good news, replacing the fan means tearing out most of the dash! Wait, that's bad news.

• BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Blower fans usually aren't that bad... I don't know what year your GMC is Raijin, but I just looked up a 2015 to get a general sense and the labor guide is giving a 0.4 (24 minutes total time). Should be pretty easy, with the primary cost being the motor itself.

Any technician should be able to confirm a blower fan motor failure in 15-20 minutes with a power probe.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Good news!

It's working again! One of the possible fixes was just pulling the fist to reset the system abs it seems after a couple minutes of running the game kicked back on.

How weird that something should actually work out for us vehicle wise without costing $2000

Good news!

It's working again! One of the possible fixes was just pulling the fist to reset the system abs it seems after a couple minutes of running the game kicked back on.

How weird that something should actually work out for us vehicle wise without costing $2000

Lol, you IT'd it! "have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    That guy missed his opportunity to make a fake viral video of him towing some douchebag's car that totally didn't belong to someone he knew.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I still don't get that whole thing, how much of a fucking douche do you have to be to block someone's access to car fuel for no real good reason? I'm extremely familiar with how shitty people can be and that's still surprising to me.

People are the worst

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    The same exact people who go rolling coal I'd guess.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.