As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want to do is [Dream] Thread

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I had a fairly mundane dream in which I was furious at Moriveth because it turned out we still had 28 boxes stored in a commercial storage lot that he’d been paying $280/mo for. He sent me a text expecting me to pay a contract release fee and to pick up all the boxes and move them home because he was ‘too tired’ for work.

I’ve been puzzling over why the number 28 was stuck in my head and I’m pretty sure it’s because I’ve been playing Stardew Valley in which each season lasts 28 days (which I remain hyper aware of because I don’t wish my crops to die).

And yes, I have been worrying about money and also about not feeling like we are finished unpacking.

@Janson Turns out it's 29 boxes and $290/month! AHHHHHHH!

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    I had a fairly mundane dream in which I was furious at Moriveth because it turned out we still had 28 boxes stored in a commercial storage lot that he’d been paying $280/mo for. He sent me a text expecting me to pay a contract release fee and to pick up all the boxes and move them home because he was ‘too tired’ for work.

I’ve been puzzling over why the number 28 was stuck in my head and I’m pretty sure it’s because I’ve been playing Stardew Valley in which each season lasts 28 days (which I remain hyper aware of because I don’t wish my crops to die).

And yes, I have been worrying about money and also about not feeling like we are finished unpacking.

@Janson Turns out it's 29 boxes and $290/month! AHHHHHHH!

But just on every fourth February

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I had a dream that I was eating purple grapes AND green grapes at the same time, alternating with each single grape eaten.

I was so happy to be eating grapes.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I could fly, but my altitude was controlled by arrows drawn on a piece of paper

I was enjoying my flight, I flew over some people who threw like, spears and stuff up at me

but then the wind ripped the paper from my hand and I started plummeting except upwards

as I reached the upper atmosphere I stopped screaming because I had no air and I was gasping and heaving and then I woke up

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    A couple nights ago, I had one where SquareEnix released a Final Fantasy Metroidvania. But I was previewing it at a convention, and one of the developers was there insisting on explaining everything like I'd never played a Final Fantasy or a Metroidvania before, and he could pause the game against my will. So I was like yo, let me Dragoon it up and spear-jump these Tonberries, but he insisted on pulling up the guide to the controller button assignments and going over every one. I woke up real mad.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I started taking Belsomra recently and my dreams have been pretty wild. I had one where I stayed in a haunted hotel. And I was the ghost! I mostly just trolled people by putting shampoo in the toothpaste tubes and tying shoelaces together and shit. I need to up my ghost game.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I would spend eternity trying to communicate directly with people in a way that wouldn’t make them shit their pants and sound crazy.

• Options
    Well apparently I would just fuck with people and maybe gaslight the real assholes.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I keep waking up with the sense that I was having a really cool dream that I can't remember.

The other night, though, I dreamed I was being asked to jump off a building as part of an audition of some sort. "Do something cool on the way down" was implied, I think. Other applicants jumped and did their thing, but when it was my turn I had this moment of "fuck it, this is my dream," and I sprouted enormous bird wings as I jumped. I flapped into the sky, turned, dove, and stuck a sick superhero landing.

I got the job, and then I was like, well crap, now I have Responsibility.

I dream I have wings every so often, and the wings get more detailed and more responsive every time it happens. Some part of my brain is apparently invested in this project, and I can't say I mind!

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Well apparently I would just fuck with people and maybe gaslight the real assholes.

Mischievous rather than genuinely evil, and occasionally chaotic good.

I’ll allow it.

sarukun on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    People would probably be way less afraid of you if you use internet shorthand like "LOL" and "jk"

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Had a dream that all cats could suddenly turn into violent rattlesnakes at any second. Became immediately terrified of cats because of this. Also moved to a place that was overrun with snakes.

I don't really have a fear of them(snakes or cat) so I don't know why I had that dream. Was pretty terrifying to go from petting a kitten to having a snakes fangs inside the middle of my chest.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I have lots of dreams where I get like, stabbed or shot, but it doesn't hurt and is mostly just an inconvenience

like a weird sense of pressure and leaking blood and I'm just like "aw come on, you stabbed me? geez"

those dreams always start with me basically daring them to shoot and or stab me, too, so I think I've got some psychology to work on there

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I don't remember the rest of the dream, just one offhanded section about the guy with a terrible superpower.

He could fly, slowly, so long as he wasn't holding or touching anything. So he couldn't carry anything, and that included wearing clothes. He could fly slowly, and only if he was completely naked. It didn't mention how good his vision was, so if he needed glasses or contacts that probably negated his flying too. Could only fly, slowly, while naked and not being able to see much.

Mayabird on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have tons of dreams like that were people get shot or stabbed lately it's eaten
    By monsters or feral dogs or packs of coyotes a large hawk or really anything
    I had a very hard Friday so I got off work at 4am I came home crashed and somewhere during the night I dreamt people followed me home were screwing around in the yard one got the hose {I don't have a garden hose I still have the outdoor spigot.} turned it on and sprayed the house so it would freeze

Just out of the darkness a monster came up the drive ate one of them in a messy way tearing him in half? pulling him by the legs while the monster chewed on him. The other went to run slipping on the ice the monster still holding a leg hit the runner with it then picked him up tearing him piece by piece despite his screaming.

Yeah I have some really interesting dreams

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I hope you have better dreams soon @Brainleech

Or if you like those that’s fine.

Last night I dreamt I owned a big mansion out in the sticks and I’d adopted several monsters. Not cute ones or kid sized, I was just the legal guardian of an animated armed, a seven foot fish monster and some kind of albino rat woman, among others.

I think I had two hours to tidy the place up before some vague government agency was coming to check on things.

I woke up before they arrived but things were not looking good. The kitchen was mostly on fire.

• Options
    So there was this very big building. On the outside, it looked like some old rich private school sort of place, complete with belltower, just very large - a good chunk of a college campus large. Immediately outside, some lawns and fields that looked manicured, except no one was ever out there cutting the grass. Just beyond that, which wasn't very far, a very tall fence, and beyond the fence, a tangled mess. Think a brambly field, but the brambles are tree sized. One time I climbed the belltower (which had no bell, but had a look like maybe there had been a bell once but it had fallen or been removed or something) and looked out at the horizon, and it was nothing but tree-sized tangled brambles as far as I could see all around.

People tended not to go outside, because if we went outside too long, especially if we went too close to the fence, the monsters would come out of the brambles and through the fence to kill us. We stayed inside, where the interior was constantly shifting around when we weren't looking directly at it. People just appeared in the building. No children were ever born - just all of a sudden, someone wakes up there and joins the others. The only way to survive was to keep moving until we came across a new room that had food in it, and then we could eat and fend off starvation a little bit longer. We had to sleep in shifts, because there were guards. Who or what they were, I don't know. They appeared to be humans, dressed in ornate and elaborate costumes like some sort of royal guard, but they did not move or act like humans. They weren't always in the building, as far as we could tell. Might go days or weeks without encountering them. But then, all of a sudden, they would appear out of a new room (just like with the rooms changing, it was never when anyone was looking directly at a place) and attack, and if they caught us they would kill us. There was only one way to survive - run outside and head towards the fence. The monsters would come out, but then the guards would forget about us and attack the monsters to drive them away; then the guards would vanish and we'd have some peace for a little bit.

While in the dream it was pretty nightmarish, since I was having to do a lot of running to escape the guards that attacked right after we had just found a food room (full of food! Tables covered with fruits!) to the outside hoping that I could lure out a terrible pulsating decay monster without actually getting killed by said monster so the guards would leave us alone. When I woke up though I kinda wanted to know how the rest of the story went. I left myself on a cliffhanger.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've lately been taking melatonin again on some nights, when it's like ok I have to go to bed but I'm wide awake, and I'm sort of worried about false awakenings. Because I've had it happen a few times where oh I've slept nine hours but in my mind I've just lived fourteen different realities spanning months and oh god I haven't "slept" in days.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I DREAMED I MET DANNY DEVITO AND HE WAS A PURE ANGEL

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I DREAMED I MET DANNY DEVITO AND HE WAS A PURE ANGEL

Did you play Nightcrawlers??

• Options
    Did he offer you an egg in these trying times?

• Options
    There were these people who could travel at will between a cluster of parallel worlds, just popping from one to the next with a thought. Maybe a few million scattered over several worlds, with others left in reserve. A city might be in the same geographic location on several worlds, but each one only containing a "district" of that city to reduce the footprint on any particular world. Why not, since going from one to the next was about as laborious as taking a step?

But there was one world that was nearly forbidden. No one was allowed to simply pop over it to and return; only organized expeditions were allowed to go, and those people had to go into strict quarantines and through extensive medical checkups before they could be allowed to return to the regular population of the cluster. That world was called the Plague World because of the threat of disease and other disaster. We call it Earth. They give it the dramatic name to discourage people from trying to go there.

They suspected that the Plague World was the original human homeworld due to the giant population across the entire planet, and the presence of hominid fossils and historical ruins and so forth speaking to a vast antiquity which were lacking in all the other worlds. The Plague World is teeming with diseases that could wipe out the cluster, which was open with free travel and full of people with naive immune systems. Even if it wasn't a disease brought back, if the billions of Earth found out about the thirty or so planets available just a blink past this reality, those few million could find themselves wiped out. They stay hidden for their own protection.

But they still send expeditions every couple years, to gather intel, update maps, catch up on the news and what's going on and maybe bring back some technology to reverse engineer. One item on the latest list, was to try to figure out if they could set up an inter-dimensional live feed so they could watch what was happening without actually sending someone over. If they could pull that off, maybe they could establish something even lower on the list and keep up with the latest space news. The cluster worlds didn't have a space program so they were endlessly fascinated by discoveries from the Plague World. It wasn't all bad.

• Options
    I dremt that they put me in cryochamber and sent me to an offworld colony. I had no memory of my life before waking up on this world. I didnt know anybody and nothing was familiar, also I could never go home. Their leadership showed me around and tried to teach me the way things worked and I got the overwhelming sensation that they thought I was somebody else, that it was expected of me to help them sort things out because they were expecting many more people to come from Earth and live in their colony. The buildings were built bigger with the intention of fitting many more people than actually lived there.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Had a dream yesterday where I was walking with a dog following me. As we crossed some train tracks, a train sped out of nowhere, hitting the dog, and barely missing me.

I woke up immediately afterwards, but just before that, a voice said, ‘Okay, we’re ending this dream, don’t want to have you deal with situation.’

Uhhh thanks brain? I really hate seeing animals getting hurt killed by unnatural means.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Dreamt I met David Bowie late in his final days. He was at a function in a hall, attending as one of the crowd, but happened to notice an old album by the sound booth. It was a tattered old Davy Jones LP, practically falling apart, but he smiled, and flipped it open, and looked upon his youth for just long enough for me to snap a quick picture on my phone.

And that was it.

It was probably simultaneously both the most heartwarming and depressing dream I've had in a decade or more.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I was playing a 3D Mario game. I was in a courtyard garden inside a castle, lot of grass, some trees, a moat winding its way through the place. Kind of an understated place, more like an environment from a Team Ico game than a Mario one.

I was having a boss battle against two enemies. One was Bowser, only about as big as he is in Smash, wearing a crown and a fur cape for some reason. But he was just a distraction from the real enemy, the Lynel King. Two or three times the size of a BotW Lynel, black mane, dark reddish-brown fur, glowing scarlet eyes, and a huge weapon. I knew he was very dangerous, and after landing some hits I saw he had a huge health bar, so I panicked a bit and ran away.

I lost the enemies and hid underwater, near the moat's source (an artificial waterfall). I turned invisible (a powerup in Mario 64 and Odysey), and hung out at the bottom, surfacing occasionally to refill the breath meter, moving slowly so as not to make noise. After a while I noticed the King Lynel had wandered over and was looking in my general direction. I rotated the camera to keep an eye on him, but the sun was right behind him so I had to make very fine adjustments to avoid it blinding me.

Eventually the King Lynel walked away, and I relaxed...but only for a minute, because Bowser had shown up, swimming around in the moat near me. (His swimming animation was quite comical; the cape didn't help.) Annoyed, I figured the game was cheating and sending the enemies to my general location even though they shouldn't have know where I was at all. I started swimming away, resolving to scout the area and really try taking on the bosses.

And then my alarm went off!

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    There were three moons: the big grey one that's been there for the last fourish billion years, and then two that just showed up in the last year. One was a bit smaller but a deep jade green, and the other was much smaller and kinda irregularly shaped and a nice golden brown. The new moons just plugged themselves into nice stable orbits and didn't bother anything somehow and were really pretty. People were calling me in to try to help them with something, but all the moons were in the sky at once and I wanted to take a good picture of them first on my phone before I did.

The end, no terrible twist.

• Options
    I was in like, some 80s movie Soviet secret facility that was shutting down and it was me, who spoke only English, and this dude who spoke Russian but a little bit of English

so we were just yelling words at each other unintelligibly

he'd be like "russian russian russian bowl! russian russian onion! russian russian" and I'd just yell back "bowl! onion! bowl onion! what does this mean?!" and eventually I woke up

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I looked down at my nails and was shocked to discover that i didn't actually cut them in reality but in the dream world a few days ago instead

God I have the least exciting dreams

Peas on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    At least it wasn't dreaming a day of work. Very few things more awful, ugh. Or school I guess.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    At least it wasn't dreaming a day of work. Very few things more awful, ugh. Or school I guess.

i once dreamed i went to school and then i had the exact same day, in every detail.
    it was a truly miserable experience, the most boring thing i've ever done. you don't actually want to be able to see the future.

• Options
    I had a third-person dream. I met a witch who drew blood from me in exchange for telling me the sentence that I'll say when I meet my soulmate

she leaned in close and whispered the words. I don't know what they were, I just know that I had already said them

I've spent all day just like WHAT COULD THEY HAVE BEEN

• Options
    I had a third-person dream. I met a witch who drew blood from me in exchange for telling me the sentence that I'll say when I meet my soulmate

she leaned in close and whispered the words. I don't know what they were, I just know that I had already said them

I've spent all day just like WHAT COULD THEY HAVE BEEN

Hopefully it's something about propane and propane accessories.

I had a dream last night where it was like, a normal day of me going to work, except every single person in my office was completely featureless and faceless. When they "spoke" it was just a wordless hum that sounded like a microwave being on and the whole building sounded like a big beehive. The most disappointing thing was I didn't even attempt to fuck anybody.

• Options
    I am constantly disappointed that I don’t try fucking stuff in dreams

But I mean, I guess if I’m being fair I don’t try fucking things on the regular in real life, so why would I suddenly be trying to fuck in my dreams.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    My brain started to read fake wikipedia articles it creates at the same time about people or topics I was thinking about when dozing of in a weird half asleep half awake state.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    I am constantly disappointed that I don’t try fucking stuff in dreams

But I mean, I guess if I’m being fair I don’t try fucking things on the regular in real life, so why would I suddenly be trying to fuck in my dreams.

I mean, you're not going to do it if you think that it's real life and you don't go around trying to hump everything in real life. You have to figure out that it's a dream first so the rules are off.

When I figure that out in my dreams I try to fly, but flying is hard y'all.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    My dreams often try to get me to fuck but I don't think they've ever actually succeeded. Flying's easy, but I tend to prefer gliding and hovering.

The funniest things in my dreams though are when I'm reciting a word like it's a spell and the dream goes along with it, like me hiding in the corner of a room muttering "Invisibility" as people pursuing me seem not to notice. Doesn't work offensively though, at least most of the time.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Last night I dreamt I was back off the Syrian coast with work and I was hit by a missile.

Then the camera, as it were, planned around to me, looking shocked, and then another me puts a hand on my shoulder and said, “It’s alright, none of this is canon.”

Last night I dreamt I was back in Syria with work again, driving a bunch of marines to some place at night. It was a truck, and I only deal in boats, so I sort of knew it was a dream.

One of them asked me if I’d been blown up.

I told him, “That happens later, don’t worry about it.”

I fly a lot in dreams, and I have other dreams where I swim in the sea much the same way. Pressure doesn’t matter so I can make it all the way to the abyssopelagic zone. It’s really freeing.

• Options
    I had some wicked gay dreams the other night

not like, pejorative gay, but it was full of man on man action and my face being really close to a guy's face, observing his stubble

also there was a secret basement full of RARE COINS. I had to like, tip toe past a bunch of dudes just going to town on each other to get into the basement

where I was like "wow look at this coin, oh and this one is shaped all crazy!"

I really don't know what my brain is trying to tell me. Something about a boy-kissing revelation and maybe I should get into antique coins?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Obviously it means if you have gay sex you'll find pirate treasure

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.