As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Got a friend quest! 80g up for grabs: dobi#1153

Just sent you a friend request on NA from Cali#1543 if you still need a quest buddy.

Steam: Calidaria
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Odd rogue isn't off to a good start today. Some sort of control warlock with a partial discard package that rolled the nuts (early AoE removal, 7 health spellstones, Gul'dan on 10), followed by two odd paladins, which VS lists as a highly unfavorable matchup, which feels accurate since you get out-boarded easily and your hero power is inefficient for clearing their dudes.

forty on
    So does Masked contender actually play the secret or does it work like Mad Scientist?

• JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Welp, I got both Halazzi and Zul'jin in my packs.

Guess I'm gonna play some Hunter.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    So does Masked contender actually play the secret or does it work like Mad Scientist?
    Havent seen it played yet but from the wording it should take it from your deck and put it into play.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Made a deck for each class with what cards I have, trying for things I haven’t played much before. Playing each deck until it loses and moving on to the next one in the list.

Aggro Rush Warrior and Aggro Elemental Shaman didn’t amount to much, but Even Pirate Rogue is 4-0 so far.

Bedlam wrote: »
    Havent seen it played yet but from the wording it should take it from your deck and put it into play.
    But does it actually trigger On Play effects?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

It does not. I watched a video of Firebat playing Secret Hunter, and playing Masked Confender did not upgrade his Spellstones.

Fearghaill wrote: »

It does not. I watched a video of Firebat playing Secret Hunter, and playing Masked Confender did not upgrade his Spellstones.
    Ah, a perfect Team 5 card.

• ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Went 3-0 in my Brawlisuem so what better way to curse my luck than by streaming the rest!

Join in on the fun:

Broke the “don’t craft anything for the first two weeks” rule suggestion to make Halazzi, because trying to make quest hunter work was my main goal from the start

Lynxswarm is the light, zero regrets

Also lynxes + Toxmonger are hilarious fun for the whole family

• WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to add poor Winklebottom as a friend my friend code is Winklebottom #1448

• ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    ShadowofVT wrote: »
    Went 3-0 in my Brawlisuem so what better way to curse my luck than by streaming the rest!

Join in on the fun

Ended up 6-3, not too bad I guess considering I was likely playing against people who bought in. Thanks for those who tuned in!

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    If anyone wants to add poor Winklebottom as a friend my friend code is Winklebottom #1448

Added you as a friend.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    yeah, a friend wanna ride bikes?

edited December 2018
    Well, let's do my Brawliseum. What's that? It's full of hunters and I should go Odd paladin? Okay, here we go!

Game 1: Turn 1 loss to Recruit Warrior. Awesome.
    Game 2: Tempo Mage. He highrolled like a madman but I guess Odd Paladin must just be a counter since I won anyway. 10 health at the end though so it got pretty tense.
    Game 3: Druid. Turn 2 Wild Growth, Turn 3 Oaken, Turn 4 Nourish, DK on Curve, both Swipes, Zilliax, Recovering 40+ health. He's playing fucking dial-a-card so I lose. Turns out he's the new Undatakah taunt druid.
    Game 4: Mage. My mulligan is dogshit. He concedes turn 1. Well, thanks!
    Game 5: Druid. Seems like the same deck as game 3. He doesn't nut draw. I win.
    Game 6: Warlock. Looks like control. Perfect curve to start. Librarian, Gnomeferatu, Stonehill (destroys my Fungalmancer), Jeklik from Stonehill, Defile + Demonic Project. I get a Doomguard off it, which is a miracle. He has a Sac Pact ready for my Doomguard. Still, the 5 damage I got off the Doomguard ended up being enough for me to lethal him on the turn he plays DK Gul'dan.
    Game 7: A Hunter finally! Turn 2 Keleseth. Must be deathrattle. Turn 3 MCT gets one of my dudes. Turn 4 Spider bomb + Play Dead. Turn 5 Zilliax. Turn 6 DK Rexxar. Turn 7 3/9 Grizzly. I win this game mostly off the back of a Purifier's Maul that saves my board (including raid leader) from the Rexxar clear.
    Game 8: Rogue. Turn 2 Shinyfinder, he's Kingsbane. Turn 3 FoK and Kingsbane. Turn 4 Toxicologist + Leeching, but for whatever reason he kills my Acherus Veteran instead of one of my 4 dudes (I had to go all in on hoping he didn't have another FoK), so my turn 5 I get 4 Leveled Up dudes. That might have cost him the game. I win.
    Game 9: Secret Hunter. Turn 1 Secretkeeper. Turn 2 Candleshot Coin Secret. Doesn't trigger from attacking minion, face, or playing a minion. Must be rat trap? Thankfully I can play around that pretty well. Fungalmancers carry me to victory.
    Game 10: Odd Paladin. On turn 9 I see he's playing a mech variant. Absolute bloodbath of board trading. I got to go first though, and I ended up winning, despite my turn 1 hand having Divine Favor (unused) and Leeroy.
    Game 11: Discard Quest Warlock. Turn 3 Dire Troll. Turn 4 Felhound. He's really curving out the big taunts. I get some value out of Raid Leader before he Hoots it. Thankfully I get good turn 5/6 Fungalmancers and burn him down just as he completes quest.
    Game 12: Paladin. Coin Wild Pyro, Crystology, Stonehill Defender, Hammer of Wrath, Time Out, Thalnos + Consecrate. What is this? I'm assuming some form of OTK paladin. I turn 6 exact lethal him with Leeroy.
    Game 13: Druid. Howl, Oaken, Starfall. Must be Malygos? Close game. He gets a full Spreading Plague, but I was lucky enough to get a Tarim from a Stonehill to clear it and then exact lethal him next turn.
    Game 14: Final boss is a Rogue. He goes first. Turn 1 Prep Raiding Party Kingsbane. Turn 3 FoK for full clear. Turn 4 Leeching. Lucky Purifier's Maul for me on turn 5. I have a full Divine Shielded board. This game is going to come down to whether or not he has Vanish on 6. He doesn't! 4 dudes get Leveled up, another minion gets a Blessing of Might, hammer him down to 5 health. He concedes!
    1aFbRAc.png
    z9qgFYx.jpg

Well, that went better than expected after the hopeless 1-2 start!

forty on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    this stupid shaman legendary monster toad seems bad

but it made me craft hagatha, so

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I checked on Toast’s stream for a minute today. He was playing a ladder game as Shaman and had over 500 armor and a hand full of shudderwocks. His opponent was a “never fatigue” taunt Druid with astral tigers, undatakah, and hadro. Toast was out of cards in his deck and his next draw fatigued him for 20.

That was enough of that stream.

Yup, Hostage Shaman seems to be a thing now (Dane had a 2.5 hour game that was linked in the thread a little while ago), at least for streamers.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    if i ever encounter that deck i'm officially done with hearthstone

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    I checked on Toast’s stream for a minute today. He was playing a ladder game as Shaman and had over 500 armor and a hand full of shudderwocks. His opponent was a “never fatigue” taunt Druid with astral tigers, undatakah, and hadro. Toast was out of cards in his deck and his next draw fatigued him for 20.

That was enough of that stream.
    Thrall! I've come to bargain

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    2-5 with odd mage on my free brawl so far.

One loss against an aggro mage who highrolled his acane missiles 2 times to clear 2 threats, managed to dodge my lehal yet again because i didn't draw a single + hero power minion and topdecked pyroblast.

He won with 2 health remaining.

That was kinda disheartening to say the least.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    hey @forty i see you were playing odd pally

can you describe like, the basic gameplan for that deck? i know you're obviously s'posed to hit face lots, but. are you supposed to be jamming HP every single turn? only on even turns? should you prioritize HP over minions? what the fuck do you do vs large taunts? mulligan?

i'd appreciate some insight or help since i could never for the life of me make that deck work despite it's insane winrate. hm.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Its kind of similar to Token Druid. Prioritize hero powering every turn (its often correct to coin hero power T1) and you'll force the opponent into using board clears inefficiently. Eventually they'll run out and you'll be able to stick the Level Up or Quartermaster. You are less resilient than Token, decks with 4+ clears will often be able to draw enough of them that you won't quite be able to close it out, but the clock your opponent on is often much faster. You'll be beating a lot of Rogues, Hunters, and other midrange decks and losing to a lot of control. Taunts are generally handled by either Owl or Void Ripper but sometimes you just bash them in with Vinecleaver.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    edited December 2018
    8-2 now, odd mage is kinda goood against odd pallies i noticed :-)

Edit: 10-2 what is happening..

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Just so we're on the same page, this is the version I play:

AAECAZ8FBK8EpwXxBZ74Ag1G9QX5CpvCAuvCAoPHArjHAuPLApXOAvvTAtHhAtblArXmAgA=.png

There's a version that swaps out Leeroy for Liam -- presumably to trade the occasional but unreliable burst finish for something that can fight back a bit more consistently when games go longer -- but I don't want to spend 1,600 dust when I already have Leeroy.

For Odd Paladin mulligans, if I'm going first, I mulligan pretty hard for a 1 drop. Squire, Argent Protector, Fire Fly, Lost in the Jungle are the ideal turn 1s. Probably the only exception is Corridor Creeper, which is usually worth keeping since it'll be close to free by turn 5 or so if it's in your opening hand. If I already have a 1 drop, then I'll hang on to Unidentified Maul. Sometimes I'll keep Maul even if I don't have a 1 drop if I think it's going to be a matchup where I'll need the early board control that Maul provides.

If I'm going second, I still mulligan for a 1 drop but will hold on to Maul and usually Raid Leader, since, as Yilias noted, I can turn 1 coin hero power, turn 2 hero power if I don't end up with a good 1-drop after the mulligan. I will also consider hanging on to Level Up, especially if I've also got a Lost in the Jungle already. Against some slower decks I'll occasionally be able to have 3-4 dudes going into turn 4 with the coin and get a big early Level Up.

Probably mostly obvious, but things not to keep: Baku, Stormwind Champ, Vinecleaver, Leeroy, Fungalmancer, Divine Favor, Stonehill (bad tempo on turn 3), Blessing of Might.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    that very standard version right there is probably the correct one. i think owl and liam are both really bad cards in the deck

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

There's a version that swaps out Leeroy for Liam -- presumably to trade the occasional but unreliable burst finish for something that can fight back a bit more consistently when games go longer -- but I don't want to spend 1,600 dust when I already have Leeroy.

For Odd Paladin mulligans, if I'm going first, I mulligan pretty hard for a 1 drop. Squire, Argent Protector, Fire Fly, Lost in the Jungle are the ideal turn 1s. Probably the only exception is Corridor Creeper, which is usually worth keeping since it'll be close to free by turn 5 or so if it's in your opening hand. If I already have a 1 drop, then I'll hang on to Unidentified Maul. Sometimes I'll keep Maul even if I don't have a 1 drop if I think it's going to be a matchup where I'll need the early board control that Maul provides.

If I'm going second, I still mulligan for a 1 drop but will hold on to Maul and usually Raid Leader, since, as Yilias noted, I can turn 1 coin hero power, turn 2 hero power if I don't end up with a good 1-drop after the mulligan. I will also consider hanging on to Level Up, especially if I've also got a Lost in the Jungle already. Against some slower decks I'll occasionally be able to have 3-4 dudes going into turn 4 with the coin and get a big early Level Up.

Probably mostly obvious, but things not to keep: Baku, Stormwind Champ, Vinecleaver, Leeroy, Fungalmancer, Divine Favor, Stonehill (bad tempo on turn 3), Blessing of Might.

so this one doesn't run owls or rippers, how does it deal with taunts? especially early taunts? do you jam everything in and lose board or keep building board and ignore it hoping you draw into something that can help bust through it (raid leader, maul, fungalmancer, level up, etc)?

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited December 2018
    Liam...
    Liam, really?

Edit: Oh thats not whats been posted as a working deck.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Wow, we've come full circle to Raid Leader and Stormwind Champ actually being correct in that deck? Didn't expect that.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Here's the version of odd pally I'm running right now. No corridor creepers because I disenchanted them back when they were nerfed for a full refund. Got me to rank 5 no problem.

### dudes
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (1) Acherus Veteran
    # 2x (1) Argent Squire
    # 2x (1) Blessing of Might
    # 2x (1) Glacial Shard
    # 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (3) Divine Favor
    # 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
    # 1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
    # 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
    # 2x (3) Raid Leader
    # 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
    # 2x (3) Unidentified Maul
    # 1x (5) Fungalmancer
    # 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    # 2x (5) Level Up!
    # 2x (7) Vinecleaver
    # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
    #
    AAECAZ8FBqICrwTeBdPFAtHhAp74AgxGpwX1BfkKl8ECm8ICg8cCuMcC48sClc4C1uUCteYCAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Dibby wrote: »

so this one doesn't run owls or rippers, how does it deal with taunts? especially early taunts? do you jam everything in and lose board or keep building board and ignore it hoping you draw into something that can help bust through it (raid leader, maul, fungalmancer, level up, etc)?
    Generally the latter. As with most things, "it depends," but I hopefully have a Maul, Raid Leader, or Blessing of Might to allow me to take out a taunt without wasting everything. There are times where I will just have my board sit for a turn if I have no good way to deal with the taunt. I'll just hero power and keep filling up the board with Fireflies or Squires so that hopefully I have something to upgrade since one taunt can't clear your board. And yes, sometimes you will absolutely get wrecked by AoE from waiting it out, but in those matchups you were probably going to get wrecked anyway.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I don’t think owl is worth running just because not that many decks run large taunts, and raid leader is almost as effective at getting through them if you have some board (and you basically always should.) Stuff like tar creeper or chain gang you’re better off just punching through.

Void ripper is a little more interesting but you don’t have many high health targets for it; maybe as a tech choice vs spreading plague

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Here's the version of odd pally I'm running right now. No corridor creepers because I disenchanted them back when they were nerfed for a full refund. Got me to rank 5 no problem.

### dudes
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (1) Acherus Veteran
    # 2x (1) Argent Squire
    # 2x (1) Blessing of Might
    # 2x (1) Glacial Shard
    # 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (3) Divine Favor
    # 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
    # 1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
    # 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
    # 2x (3) Raid Leader
    # 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
    # 2x (3) Unidentified Maul
    # 1x (5) Fungalmancer
    # 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    # 2x (5) Level Up!
    # 2x (7) Vinecleaver
    # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
    #
    AAECAZ8FBqICrwTeBdPFAtHhAp74AgxGpwX1BfkKl8ECm8ICg8cCuMcC48sClc4C1uUCteYCAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    Yeah, I played odd paladin without Creepers for a while but eventually gave up and re-crafted them since they kept showing up in most lists. Interesting tech choices in yours, but only one Fungalmancer seems crazy to me. I guess if it worked for you anyway...

edited December 2018
    New deck experiments continue. Egg Zoo Warlock is fun, and super cheap to craft.

gC3IYD6YYDxIkDAA==.png

UnbrokenEva on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    True story from today:

vt8vdc7r1jhp.png

nt9dn2x5dse2.png

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    How do you get the deck codes out of images?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

you don't

liEt3nH.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

you don't

isn't it in the URL of the image if it's using Muffinatron's imaginator?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah but good luck doing that on mobile

liEt3nH.png