As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    we require a sacrifice

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Whose nose do I have to pick around here to get a clan invite? I’m DescendantX on PSN.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'd suggest going to the general PA clan in the G&T thread, they're pretty active.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Yo SirEtchwarts when you have a chance can you please update the OP with whoever is currently leading the clan? I’m still getting messages and friend requests and I haven’t played in ages.

Yeah, my bad, I'm actually the one who sent someone your way, based on the OP, because I also haven't played in ages!

I'll remove your name from there for now, but if whoever is leading the clan could let me know, I'd appreciate it

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I am the current SE++ clan leader and have asked multiple times if someone else wants to carry that torch I'd be happy to pass it on as I am not an active player and don't anticipate being one.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Gotta keep pushing up that light level, then one day I might be able to do Dreaming City stuff. My big playtime this weekend was spent extracting Worldline Zero from Mars since my SOs weren't around to group up with me for other things. (We all started playing a month or so back so we're working together through the game) Anyone got tips for ways to get yourself up to 550 without too much hassle?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I hate when the flashpoint is on Mars, because you can't get any activities done while Escalation Protocol is overriding everything

Mars is marginally better than Mercury but they're both just terrible.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I hate when the flashpoint is on Mars, because you can't get any activities done while Escalation Protocol is overriding everything

I went from 15% to 50% doing escalation protocols yesterday, I'm not sure how exactly.
    I think they might be counting parts of a protocol as a public event.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

I went from 15% to 50% doing escalation protocols yesterday, I'm not sure how exactly.
    I think they might be counting parts of a protocol as a public event.

Probably the the parts where you have to do a regular event on heroic, during the protocol.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Played through the Last Wish raid over the last couple of evenings.

It was really fun.

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    my friends and i attempted it earlier. we got first boss down and pretty sure we have a handle on the second. pretty hard for our group of people who barely know what we're doing but it was entertaining even amidst the failures. i think the only real criticism i have of the destiny raids thus far is that there's almost no room for error. deaths can happen very fast and recovering from them is difficult and sometimes simply not possible.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't really like what the idea of "anyone can rez anyone!" did to the encounter design

liEt3nH.png
    what was it before and what do you believe it did for the design

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yay just dinged 50, now to figure out how to get that light level up. I guess anything that gives powerful gear.

Also debating this here annual pass thingy.

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yay just dinged 50, now to figure out how to get that light level up. I guess anything that gives powerful gear.

You can afford to wait a minute on the annual pass imo. The stuff that it gets you is only really doable if you're past 600.

yeah speaking of that, the forge activity is kind of shit.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I think it’s really fun and intense

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Hit Lv50 myself and I'm about to finish Warmind's story. I like the Escalation Protocol event though it kinda irks me that the chest at the end of all seven rounds needs some key to pop open. I'm assuming it becomes available once you finish Warmind's story much like the ability to raise the towers up in the first place?

• Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Echoing the "don't worry about the pass for now" advice. As for getting your level up, I'm not sure how/if this changed with Black Armory, but powerful rewards have tiers of softcaps. I think this guide is still accurate for the most part: https://imgur.com/Q0UyhvT

Basically you want to make sure you do the 520 softcap stuff while you're still below 520 to get full value out of it. Then once all those are exhausted for the week you can do nightfalls/dreaming city/etc. stuff without worry. And also turn in your prime engrams because they are set at the power they dropped at and don't scale.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
    Also, Gambit is typically very fun, but also way less fun when our team of mostly freshly minted 50s runs into a team of all almost 600 power level people.

That was harsh.

Owenashi wrote: »
    Hit Lv50 myself and I'm about to finish Warmind's story. I like the Escalation Protocol event though it kinda irks me that the chest at the end of all seven rounds needs some key to pop open. I'm assuming it becomes available once you finish Warmind's story much like the ability to raise the towers up in the first place?

The way the key works is that after you've done the Warmind campaign, fragments will drop from heroic adventures/strikes/nightfalls/raids. Turn in 7 fragments to Ana for an encrypted cache key (can only get 1 key per week). I think a nightfall gives the full 7 fragments. Doing waves of EP will turn the the key into a decrypted cache key (Side note, you can see how many waves you need by looking at the encrypted key icon: the triangles fill in as you do waves). You can hold as many decrypted keys as you like, but only one encrypted at a time (and 7 fragments at a time).

All that said, the chest at the end is just for the EP armor. The weapons drop from the wave 7 boss itself. So unless they make Y1 armor relevant again, the chest at the end is really only for completionists/people going after the Wayfarer title (or people that just want a cool set to wear around the tower: they are really cool sets).

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    The IKELOS weapons are the only reason to do EP at this point, especially since Year One armor isn't really all that useful anymore outside of Exotics.

[IMG][/img]
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The IKELOS weapons are the only reason to do EP at this point, especially since Year One armor isn't really all that useful anymore outside of Exotics.

I believe completing the Wayfarer title requires you to get all the stuff from there, if you want that title.

Can I ask a potentially stupid question? Why is year 1 gear not considered useful now?

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Can I ask a potentially stupid question? Why is year 1 gear not considered useful now?

Because it doesn't roll with perks like year two does. It can do the same job power-level-wise, but beyond that there are a lot more benefits to wearing year two stuff.

Ah, thanks
    I just... I don't pay much attention to perks I guess
    Like, re-rolling or getting duplicates of guns to get different perks, as a selling point, just bounces off me. I equip a thing I like and I kinda deal with what I get

I have an option to masterwork old guns and add a perk
    Is this worth the cores?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

As Dys mentioned, Y1 armor has no perks. Also, Y1 guns have one less perk than Y2 guns, and Y1 guns also can't take mods anymore
    I have an option to masterwork old guns and add a perk
    Is this worth the cores?

It depends on what it is, but probably not, due what I mentioned about Y1 guns being inferior, and also Cores are pretty valuable. Also also, Masterworking doesn't really add a "perk", it just boosts a stat, like Range or Reload

But if it's something you definitely see yourself using for a long time, go for it. And there are a few Y1 guns that are still solid, like Ikelos SG, Midnight Coup, and Inaugural Address

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    I'm not in front of the game right now but I swear that when I checked one of my old guns (Living Memory) it said I could spend 10 cores to Masterwork it and that it would add a random perk, but obviously I could be wrong

I just haven't found a hand cannon in year 2 I've liked nearly as much as any of my old ones

Ah, thanks
    I just... I don't pay much attention to perks I guess
    Like, re-rolling or getting duplicates of guns to get different perks, as a selling point, just bounces off me. I equip a thing I like and I kinda deal with what I get

There are a few perks that will make a substantive difference to the way a gun works, things like Outlaw and Rampage. You can safely ignore it and have a fine time with the game but it's worth paying at least a little attention to.

I'm not in front of the game right now but I swear that when I checked one of my old guns (Living Memory) it said I could spend 10 cores to Masterwork it and that it would add a random perk, but obviously I could be wrong

I just haven't found a hand cannon in year 2 I've liked nearly as much as any of my old ones

Yeah, spending the 10 cores will masterwork it and boost a random stat, and each weapon-type only has certain stats that can be boosted

For a hand cannon, it could be Stability, Magazine, Reload, or Handling

A fully masterworked weapon will also drop little Light orbs on multikills, which is very nice

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Ah, okay
    Dang
    Well I guess I'll just make do with these half dozen Ten Paces

So wait. Weekly powerful gear stuff resets every Tuesday, yeah?

When does the daily powerful gear stuff reset? I did it yesterday and was expecting to do it today but seems like nope?

"Daily" is somewhat of a misnomer. They actually reset every 4 days, but there's a new one every day. So if say, the heroic adventure daily popped on a Monday, then by Thursday you'd have all 4 available. And then if you did the adventure on Thursday, you'd be able to do it again Friday. That's just an example since I have no idea which dailies are on which day (4 dailies and 7 days a week, so it's constantly shifting).

"Daily" is somewhat of a misnomer. They actually reset every 4 days, but there's a new one every day. So if say, the heroic adventure daily popped on a Monday, then by Thursday you'd have all 4 available. And then if you did the adventure on Thursday, you'd be able to do it again Friday. That's just an example since I have no idea which dailies are on which day (4 dailies and 7 days a week, so it's constantly shifting).

That is.... not super intuitive but thank you for letting me know!

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The daily order is Strike > Gambit > Crucible > Adventure. There was a bug where the Crucible and Adventure resets were the same day, so the next day had no reset, but that might have been fixed by the Black Armory patch.

I just check every night and do the shiny things

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Unless you're going to get big into Gambit or Crucible you can honestly just use whatever you want outside of raids and be fine, and even then every raid except Last Wish was balanced around guns with one less perk.

WheatBun01 on
    I CANNOT get the Null Taste ingredient for baking
    I've been killing fools with void left and right and it just will not drop

This discussion has been closed.