As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Painting Miniatures] What colour is the best colour to paint your miniatures?

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Purple
    Oddly enough I don't use my medium for the airbrush generally, since everything I run through it is pre-thinned for an airbrush. I use my medium mostly to create glazes out of other colors and to make my washes super thinned out so I can just slather it on a model and not get much surface pooling.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Purple
    I appreciate the suggestions. I'm thinking I might splurge past the beginner airbrushes, though, since I know it'll get used. I need to figure out what to value, therefore.

I'm looking at this one currently:

https://spraygunner.com/harder-steenbeck-evolution-al-plus/

What is this I don't even.
    Purple
    You can spend your dollars however you want, but the Iwata Eclipse isn't a beginner airbrush. It's a really quality piece of kit and more than enough for most people. If you're going to splurge, splurge on a good compressor with a tank.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Purple
    Speaking of making glazes, I'd like to make a small Alpha Legion Kill Team, and I really like that metallic blue-green scheme of the Alpha Legion. I watched this tutorial, and I'd like to recreate it without buying additional paints. To create the metallic color, the painter base coat with a steel color (I've got leadbelcher air already), and Tamiya Clear Blue and Clear Green thinned down with Airbrush Medium. Can I create that same effect with the Citadel Air Paints and airbrush medium or with one of their regular paints and thinner/medium? My understanding is the Citadel technical gemstone paints are meant to be brushed over a metallic base. I wonder how difficult it would be to thin those down with the medium.

The follow up question is that once I've done that awesome bit of airbrushing, should I consider putting a bit of hardcoat on it? My fear is that while I do the rest of the details in a bright silver that cleaning up mistakes would not be very easy, so I'd hope that I could wipe mistakes off of hardcoat more easily.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Purple
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    You can spend your dollars however you want, but the Iwata Eclipse isn't a beginner airbrush. It's a really quality piece of kit and more than enough for most people. If you're going to splurge, splurge on a good compressor with a tank.

This is sort of the info I need, thank you. So a better compressor is a better investment than a fancier brush? What sort of qualities should I look for in a compressor then? What makes one good?

edited December 2018
    Purple
    Double post rather than edit: I see that a tank is beneficial because you don't have potential pulsing from the pistons. A bunch of the compressors seem to probably be way beefier than necessary for a smaller airbrush.

Edit:

This one maybe?

https://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-Brush-Co-TC910-Compressor-x/dp/B005UH7CVI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1543698709&sr=8-2&keywords=Badger+TC910&linkCode=sl1&tag=airbrusgeek-20&linkId=f4d1c76bea2e5fcd47bae774be52b862&language=en_US

Edit edit:

Ok, someone correct me if I'm crazy. I really appreciate people's feedback. I'm thinking this set up:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00695CY54/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_3?smid=A1Q9LBKFV40K0Q&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UH7CVI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NLQ019A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_1?smid=A1VJ396WMF7DIH&psc=1

Darkewolfe on
    edited December 2018
    Purple
    A tanked compressor runs its motor as it fills and then shuts off. A larger tank means you’ll have consistent pressure for a longer duration between fills. Without a tank it runs continuously. Larger compressors also usually are capable of higher PSI. The higher PSI lets you force out thicker paint, and some guides out there recommend painting at 40 PSI. 18-20 PSI is my recommendation though, and just use thinner paint. Higher end compressors also have a pressure gauge so you can see where you’re at and also what your output is. You might also want some accessories like a moisture trap, and a quick disconnect hose (for easier cleaning). Also I highly recommend one of these pots for spraying out excess paint and water between colors, and it also doubles as an airbrush holder.
    PXDXhJ
    https://goo.gl/images/PXDXhJ

italianranma on
    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Purple
    A tanked compressor runs its motor as it fills and then shuts off. A larger tank means you’ll have consistent pressure for a longer duration between fills. Without a tank it runs continuously. Larger compressors also usually are capable of higher PSI. The higher PSI lets you force out thicker paint, and some guides out there recommend painting at 40 PSI. 18-20 PSI is my recommendation though, and just use thinner paint. Higher end compressors also have a pressure gauge so you can see where you’re at and also what your output is. You might also want some accessories like a moisture trap, and a quick disconnect hose (for easier cleaning). Also I highly recommend one of these pots for spraying out excess paint and water between colors, and it also doubles as an airbrush holder.
    PXDXhJ
    https://goo.gl/images/PXDXhJ

I will get one of those, they seem cheap. Any other must have accessories? I'd like to have it set up so she can go without needing more stuff.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Purple
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Double post rather than edit: I see that a tank is beneficial because you don't have potential pulsing from the pistons. A bunch of the compressors seem to probably be way beefier than necessary for a smaller airbrush.

Edit:

This one maybe?

https://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-Brush-Co-TC910-Compressor-x/dp/B005UH7CVI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1543698709&sr=8-2&keywords=Badger+TC910&linkCode=sl1&tag=airbrusgeek-20&linkId=f4d1c76bea2e5fcd47bae774be52b862&language=en_US

Edit edit:

Ok, someone correct me if I'm crazy. I really appreciate people's feedback. I'm thinking this set up:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00695CY54/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_3?smid=A1Q9LBKFV40K0Q&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UH7CVI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NLQ019A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_1?smid=A1VJ396WMF7DIH&psc=1

Looks good to me. I would listen to others who have more info on moisture traps and the like. I recommend a quick disconnect couple for the hose also.

I have a Badger Patriot 105 for base coating and a Badger Sotar 2020 for smaller things, neither of which I've used enough to justify the cost. And I also have a slightly older version of the compressor you linked. I like the compressor just fine.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Purple
    FWIW I had a lot of problems running a tankless compressor with GW airpants at 20ish PSI. Lots of splatter and uneven spray. Kept adding thinner and it didn't really improve.

Cranked the compressor to 40psi and can run GW airpaints or Vallejo basecoat straight with very even coats.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    It's extremely late here, but let me add: I wouldn't recommend a nozzle smaller than 0,4mm for your first airbrush (the smaller the nozzle the quicker it clogs).

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I have an Iwata HP-CS and it's pretty fab. Seconding (Thirding?) the fact that you need to get a tanked compressor. I started with a non tanks and it's just not good. You want to be running at 30-40 PSI most of the time and the little non tank I have craps out about 20
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I will get one of those, they seem cheap. Any other must have accessories? I'd like to have it set up so she can go without needing more stuff.

Get a cleaning kit. I forget what they're called, but the needle in a protective case for nozzle cleaning is more or less invaluable. A set of airbrush cleaning brushes is also super useful. A lot of people say a cleaning pot with holder is essential, but I've been going years without one and done fine. I mean I'm still planning on picking one up when I remember, so add it to the pile.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    edited December 2018
    Man I was just going back through the archives and there's a loooooot I've done that would be borderline impossible or much harder to do without an airbrush.

Kq6xAFR.jpg
    Super good for hairspray weathering!

t3l4BH7.jpg
    Great for big beasties.

0IrfJKS.jpg
    Eldar in general but especially Grav tanks

Df8UETU.jpg
    In fact vehicles in general

xIOUrzF.jpg
    And terrain

UZfvgT8.jpg
    I think this counts as both. This baby was 99% airbrush. Only used a real brush for wires and screens.

x1yJazm.jpg
    Super good for spooky bois

miRGIYs.jpg
    Did I mention its good for vehicles and smooth surfaces???

QRJPlNM.jpg
    But also for naturalistic colours (RIP Sylvaneth, they couldn't survive Australia)

m8ZjFm4.jpg
    And of course, Mechas!

Asher on
    Purple
    any tutorials you'd recommend on youtube? I'd like to learn to use my airbrush more, but I'm also still such a newb at painting that I feel like I should master brush painting first.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    A different, worse colour
    jfd6rycai9d8.jpg

Started on Nightmare Hulk #2

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Where did that orange mecha with the red star on its chest come from?

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Looks like Infinity.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
    Renzo wrote: »
    Where did that orange mecha with the red star on its chest come from?

Yep It's a Guijia from the Yu Jing faction of Infinity.

I'll spam some photos because it's the piece I'm probably the most proud of.
    ol89gsE.jpg
    iHXQl4i.jpg
    saRYoWE.jpg
    Bnfekly.jpg
    bsgYTo0.jpg
    eY8X2YU.jpg
    Kl9C0As.jpg

I designed the base from scratch at everything. never actually got that far in painting my Yu Jing because I was putting too much effort into each dude and got burned out :/ Still super proud of the big boy though.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Purple
    any tutorials you'd recommend on youtube? I'd like to learn to use my airbrush more, but I'm also still such a newb at painting that I feel like I should master brush painting first.

Still my favorite tutorial is by Altmann

https://youtu.be/HRs8Opdtm9s

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

I really like Next Level Painting. The guy is pretty ridiculous with an airbrush and he does a lot of different tutorials and videos where he paints. He also uses a huge amount of different brands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUwlPztdYmo

I really liked this video and it also happens to be the same Infinity model up above.
    This one was also really good because he uses some thicker brush paints in an airbrush without issue and it looks great.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Purple
    Speaking of making glazes, I'd like to make a small Alpha Legion Kill Team, and I really like that metallic blue-green scheme of the Alpha Legion. I watched this tutorial, and I'd like to recreate it without buying additional paints. To create the metallic color, the painter base coat with a steel color (I've got leadbelcher air already), and Tamiya Clear Blue and Clear Green thinned down with Airbrush Medium. Can I create that same effect with the Citadel Air Paints and airbrush medium or with one of their regular paints and thinner/medium? My understanding is the Citadel technical gemstone paints are meant to be brushed over a metallic base. I wonder how difficult it would be to thin those down with the medium.

The follow up question is that once I've done that awesome bit of airbrushing, should I consider putting a bit of hardcoat on it? My fear is that while I do the rest of the details in a bright silver that cleaning up mistakes would not be very easy, so I'd hope that I could wipe mistakes off of hardcoat more easily.

Speaking from my experience doing a similar scheme with my Word Bearers: Leadbelcher isn't going to be bright enough. Prime black, hot the model with Leadbelcher, then drybrush Runefang Steel (or get some Rub n Buff if you can) all over so the edges and what not really stand out.

Once your tiny Alpha Legion dudes look like proto-Iron Warriors, buy some Minitaire Plasma Fluid Ghost Tint and hit them with that. It's the perfect color for Alpha Legion and it's airbrush ready so you don't have fiddle with thinning the gemstone paints.

Now that they look like Alpha Legion dudes, spray some Testors Dullcote on them if you want and then get to work on details!

Extreaminatus on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am just looking for an airbrush just to do basecoats and primer coats with as well as some large projects.

Purple
    What’s your total budget for set up? Does that include buying new airbrush paint?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    What’s your total budget for set up? Does that include buying new airbrush paint?

I am going to suffer with the GW stuff
    I am just looking for a airbrush and compressor the booth I can build with my less than steller skill in woodworking

Purple
    If by "suffer with GW stuff", you mean just running straight up normal Citadel through your airbrush: Don't do this without thinning it with acrylic airbrush medium first. If you even get flow, which you probably won't at low PSI levels anyway, you're going to gum up your airbrush really fast.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Here's a quick overview of what you might want to get into airbrushing:

For airbrushing, you need the following:

1) An Airbrush (duh!).
    2) A Hose to connect your airbrush to your air supply.
    3) A Pump to provide air pressure.
    4) Paint suitable for an airbrush.

In addition, there are several things that make airbrushing much more convenient:

5) An air tank (prevents pressure surging)
    6) A water trap (to keep water out of your paint).
    7) A quick release (makes cleaning much easier).
    8) Cleaning Media
    9) An Airbrush Stand
    10) Clips/parts holders

To satisfy (1), (2), (3), (5), and (6), I recommend the TC-20T with Master SB88 Airbrush for $135 on Amazon. I like this airbrush as much as I like my Iwata HP-CS Eclipse, and the pump/tank is also great. Its only issue is that the pump will be hot to the touch after an extended session. I have easily over 1,000 hours on my pump with no issues. You want one with the tank because the tank acts as a pressure reservoir so the pump doesn't have to continually run and it prevents the up-and-down pressure cycle you get with a single piston pump.

The airbrush with this kit is very easy to clean due to it being a side-feed style and comes with several nozzles and needles, so you can adjust the spray area to suit your needs. I use this airbrush for about 70% of my airbrushing and have at least 500 hours of airbrush time on it.

For paint (4), I'm going to assume you have acrylic paints such as GW, Vallejo, or Reaper already. This means all you need is some thinner to allow the paint to properly flow through the airbrush. I mix my own, but premades like Vallejo Airbrush Thinner ($13) work just fine. Shoot for the consistency of 2% milk.

A quick release (7) is just a spring loaded connection that allows you to remove the airbrush from the hose without having to unscrew it. I use a Master's Quick Release ($8). If you get additional airbrushes in the future, you can buy a set of three nipples for $8.

For cleaning media (8), I strongly recommend Iwata-Medea Airbrush Cleaner ($9). To clean your airbrush, run some water through it, then run a few drops of the cleaner through it several times until it sprays clear.

For airbrush stands (9), you have two choices. The first is a one that will clamp to your working surface and hold several airbrushes. ($12) The second is a bottle that you can spray your water and cleaning media into, but it only holds one airbrush ($15). I would start with the 2nd and get the 1st if you decide you want to get more airbrushes.

To hold your parts (10), you want alligator clips on skewers ($9) and something to hold up the skewers like a foam block. I use the coarse foam blocks you get at the Wal-Mart in the crafts section for flower arrangements. Don't use the very fine foam blocks because they turn to powder.

The total is $135 + $13 + $8 + $9 + $15 + $9= $189.

Stuff for the future would be masking tape ($8).

A great fine detail airbrush is the Sotar 20-20 ($89).

You can use a hood to help direct overspray to a filter and in general keep things more tidy. This one has lighting and an exhaust tube ($100). You can save $20 if you don't get the LED lights, but I find they help.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Purple
    Confession time.

It annoys me when eldar (and it’s always eldar) armies get nominated for best painted at tournaments and all they have done is airbrush the models flat colours.

No fades, no highlights, no details, no shading. Just airbrushed light blue or beige or some other hard to handbrush colour.

Airbrushes are great, amazing tools and I’ve seen some incredible things done with them. Just annoys me I’ve seen substandard paint jobs nominated (or even win!) best painted competitions just because it’s airbrushed and for no other reason.

Carry on with your regular posting.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    This is going to sound like a very dumb question, but: How can you tell where the paint from an airbrush will land, and what area it will cover? With a paintbrush, obvious: you literally touch the physical tip of it to the model. With an airbrush, though, you're holding it some distance from the model, and the paint comes out in a cone. Unless you have a laser pointer mounted to the tip of the airbrush, there's nothing to physically indicate where the paint will go on the model. Do you just develop a feel for it, after a certain amount of experience? Is it trial and error as you dip the model in and out of the paint stream to calibrate how close and at what angle to hold it?

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Practice and feel. You can test on clean paper to give a good idea.
    Also, dual-action airbrushes give you moment-to-moment fine control over the paint density, so you can start small and work your way up.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    If by "suffer with GW stuff", you mean just running straight up normal Citadel through your airbrush: Don't do this without thinning it with acrylic airbrush medium first. If you even get flow, which you probably won't at low PSI levels anyway, you're going to gum up your airbrush really fast.

I knew that from before when I used an airbrush an epoch ago

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Also, do not thin Citadel paints with alcohol (E.G. Tamiya X-20) or that will gum up your airbrush super fast. This is from experience.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I picked up the Space Marine Heroes game a few days ago, and now I get to try my hand at painting five models from five completely different chapters (Blood Angels, Salamanders, Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, and Space Wolves).

Should be an interesting change of pace from painting my normal chapter colors. I have tons of reds from my chapter, greens and yellows from my orks, and blues from random other stuff, but I might have to wing it a little bit with the Space Wolf because I'm not sure if I have enough cool blues/grays. I guess I'll have to dig out some old transfer sheets as well.

Purple
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Also, do not thin Citadel paints with alcohol (E.G. Tamiya X-20) or that will gum up your airbrush super fast. This is from experience.

Taking this further, don't thin any acrylic paint with anything but water or acrylic medium.

Purple
    Delduwath wrote: »
    This is going to sound like a very dumb question, but: How can you tell where the paint from an airbrush will land, and what area it will cover? With a paintbrush, obvious: you literally touch the physical tip of it to the model. With an airbrush, though, you're holding it some distance from the model, and the paint comes out in a cone. Unless you have a laser pointer mounted to the tip of the airbrush, there's nothing to physically indicate where the paint will go on the model. Do you just develop a feel for it, after a certain amount of experience? Is it trial and error as you dip the model in and out of the paint stream to calibrate how close and at what angle to hold it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2we_B6hDrY

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Ordered a 4 pack of tamiya panel line accent paints, black, brown, grey, and dark brown. Supposed to arrive between the 14th and 19th so I have time to overcome my fear of fucking up the gloss varnish so their ready. It also reminded me that I have a few different colors of tamiya gloss acrylic paint that I want to use on my Necrons to give a kind of metallic look to.

I'm kind of terrified to paint more because of how often I'm not happy with what I've done and feel compelled to try and clean them and start over.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Purple
    Stragint wrote: »
    Ordered a 4 pack of tamiya panel line accent paints, black, brown, grey, and dark brown. Supposed to arrive between the 14th and 19th so I have time to overcome my fear of fucking up the gloss varnish so their ready. It also reminded me that I have a few different colors of tamiya gloss acrylic paint that I want to use on my Necrons to give a kind of metallic look to.

I'm kind of terrified to paint more because of how often I'm not happy with what I've done and feel compelled to try and clean them and start over.

The only way to get better is to keep fucking up until you don't.

Some of us spend more time in the 'before you don't' phase than others.

*Eyes all the models on his shelf that look like a four-year-old painted them*

Take a breath, and keep at it! I think the stuff you've shown off so far is better than you give yourself credit for.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    edited December 2018
    Purple
    Speaking of disappointment, I need help thread.

I'm trying to match a particular yellow Model Color in Model Air, and I thought I had it.

V6ADJJml.jpg

It turns out, holy crap, not.

I thought two paints that shared the same RLM code would have the same pigmentation. Y'know, because MilSpec. And here I am, with a bottle of Model Air that's not even close to what I want. Apparently the German Ministry of Aviation wasn't particularly strict way back when.

So, help me thread. I want an airbrush-ready paint that matches or at least approximates the pictured VMC Flat Yellow (or Deep Yellow, at this point I'm not picky). Halp.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Purple
    Why not just mix your own? Take the color you want and mix it in a new bottle with airbrush flow enhancer/medium. Last time I checked a 1:1 mix pretty good for most acrylics, but you can do a quick google search to confirm that.

Purple
    Why not just mix your own? Take the color you want and mix it in a new bottle with airbrush flow enhancer/medium. Last time I checked a 1:1 mix pretty good for most acrylics, but you can do a quick google search to confirm that.

I did, on a test model. Then I learned that spraying cadmium-bearing pigment is not good for your health.

I've got a vent booth and mask, and could just do it, but I'd rather find an alternative that might not subtract measurable time off my life and/or lungs.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    I've been working on Shadespire Goblins

vMpZVGT.jpg?1

f1LfGNh.jpg?2

This discussion has been closed.