As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

1939495969799»

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Bedlam wrote: »
    How do you get the deck codes out of images?
    If it's from Muffinatron's lovely hsdecker site, just copy all the text in the URL after "decks/" and before ".png." For example, Fearghaill's deck up there should be:

AAECAf0GAq8E68ICDjDTAcII58ECq8ICm8sC8dAC8tAC0eEC9PcC0/gC3IYD6YYDxIkDAA==

forty on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    How do you get the deck codes out of images?
    If it's from the lovely hsdecker site, just copy all the text in the URL after "decks/" and before ".png." For example, Fearghaill's deck up there should be:

AAECAf0GAq8E68ICDjDTAcII58ECq8ICm8sC8dAC8tAC0eEC9PcC0/gC3IYD6YYDxIkDAA==

The problem is on mobile, where it takes a bit more effort (replying to the post, and then performing surgery to get the URL).

(Please keep mobile users in mind and post both the code and the image.)

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I do think bloodclaw might be decent in odd paladin but I dunno what you’d cut for it

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Thanks forty!

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Aww crap, I stranded on 10 wins because this priest got deathwing from bonedrake and used the spell to summon out of deck minons. If it had been anything but a goddang 12/12 i think i would have won.

Getting dragoncaller alanna from my astromancer probably didn't help either. Friggin top end shit bodies with battlecries :-(

Oh well, at least i know my odd mage can hang so off to ranked we go.

gCvfoCpIcDzYkDAA.png

Question, Blast wave is not getting me enough value like, at all. I'm considering:

- Deck of wonders (hey thats at least 5 spells where i usually get only one or none from blast wave)

- Lunar's Pocket galaxy ( which is nice but to have another do nothing turn besides Jaina seems risky)

- Zola (which i have to craft and really don't want to at this point and deflates my dragon's fury pool because it's a minion)

Thoughts?

PS: i got all games on hsreplay if anyone is interested in odd mage.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    i'm leaning pocket galaxy because of arcane tyrants and it's 2 more dmg from dragon's fury compared to blast wave.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    A note on Egg Zoo - I’m finding it trickier to pilot than typical zoo, mostly because the key choices aren’t ones I’m used to. When to pop eggs vs. keeping them as AoE insurance, when to trade minions for handbuffs, etc

It feels very flexible, but there have been quite a few plays I realized moments/turns later weren’t great.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I don’t think owl is worth running just because not that many decks run large taunts, and raid leader is almost as effective at getting through them if you have some board (and you basically always should.) Stuff like tar creeper or chain gang you’re better off just punching through.

Void ripper is a little more interesting but you don’t have many high health targets for it; maybe as a tech choice vs spreading plague

Yeah, ripper makes sense in some metas (mostly heavy druid) but right now we're in the first week of the expansion and there's not really a meta per se yet. Tech cards are a bad idea if you aren't trying to target specific prominent match-ups, just play things that advance your own game plan.

Weapon destruction is the only thing that kinda makes sense to me right now, and odd paladin has no need for that. Dead heroes can't swing

• Options
    I just watched Kolento finish the most ridiculous APM priest I've ever seen.

• Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    - Zola (which i have to craft and really don't want to at this point and deflates my dragon's fury pool because it's a minion)
    I don't understand this statement.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    i swap a spell for a minion, and sometimes you draw/play both flamestrikes, so my 2nd dragon's fury will whiff.

edit: deflate might not be the word i'm looking for.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I don't understand this statement.

It would be replacing Blast Wave, and being a minion over a spell means one less spell for Dragon's Fury to pull from.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ike priest is the first thing i've seen this expansion that feels like a good new deck that is actually an archetype that didn't exist last patch, behaving as a miracle deck that can pop off into a lethal crazy quick

• Options
    looks fun but i cannot gather what the deck does from that screenshot. Are there vids of it being played?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    doesn't that deck just get hard run over by aggro or any kind of deck that plays minions though

seems like the entire gameplan vs aggro decks is "pray you get wild pyro" which seems pretty awkward

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    i swap a spell for a minion, and sometimes you draw/play both flamestrikes, so my 2nd dragon's fury will whiff.

edit: deflate might not be the word i'm looking for.
    Gotcha. I wasn't paying much attention to the deck list and didn't realize you'd be down to 3 other spells.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    doesn't that deck just get hard run over by aggro or any kind of deck that plays minions though

seems like the entire gameplan vs aggro decks is "pray you get wild pyro" which seems pretty awkward
    Seems like it could also Auchenai Circle to stall aggro?

• Options
    edited December 2018
    looks fun but i cannot gather what the deck does from that screenshot. Are there vids of it being played?

ike and zalae played a bunch of it yesterday; here's a link to the start of a game vs. paladin. i think it starts with a loss but the next 3 hours of the stream is almost entirely games with the deck, and they went 12-5:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/346529711?t=04h49m09s

the deck can also use auchenai phantasm & sand drudge to great effect against aggro. honestly, the deck draws so crazy fast that paladin seldom proved to be a problem for ike, but it's also a phenomenally hard deck to play

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    HAHAHA just won a game because my opponent either missed lethal or because he was that dedicated to meming me to death but doens't know how cubes work.

He was at 6 health and had taldaramed my ragnaros, and instead of hitting my face with the cube + HP ( I had 7 hp left and a bunch of minons on board) he played umbra, and cubed his own cube. Both Ragnarosses (Ragnari?) missed my face.

I think he though the 2 extra cubes would contain ragnaros as well.

Thanks buddy, i needed that win for my winstreak and rank 10!

edit: wow he accepted my friend request and confessed to being rag greedy :-), that's a nice surpise

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018

ike and zalae played a bunch of it yesterday; here's a link to the start of a game vs. paladin. i think it starts with a loss but the next 3 hours of the stream is almost entirely games with the deck, and they went 12-5:

the deck can also use auchenai phantasm & sand drudge to great effect against aggro. honestly, the deck draws so crazy fast that paladin seldom proved to be a problem for ike, but it's also a phenomenally hard deck to play

you're right about the first game but he plays other decks for the rest of the stream, unless it's near the end but then twitch started bugging out so i did not get to see the last hours. Gonna try again tomorrow

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options

you're right about the first game but he plays other decks for the rest of the stream, unless it's near the end but then twitch started bugging out so i did not get to see the last hours. Gonna try again tomorrow

hmm, i'm pretty sure every game after the timestamp i linked should be the deck. there might be one game where zalae queue'd while ike was away somewhere in there, but any random timestamp i could click to after 4:49 is ike priest

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

This has been an interesting expansion for people breaking the game. First the Bran/Dragonhawk interaction (the game crashes), and then Prisoner Shaman (Shudderwock for infinite armor and board clears).

But some maniac found a new one:

3q19Nus.png

From Reddit:
    By emptying my deck of all but one Corrupted Blood, then dropping Violet Illusionist, Research Project and Time Warp with Aluneth equipped, I was able to fill my entire deck with Blood in one turn, and subsequently skip both of our next turn timers due to the long animation. Aluneth then repeated the process ad infinitum.
    Neither of us can do anything, and thus we are trapped in this purgatory until one of us concedes.
    We're an hour in, and each turn lasts about 12-15 minutes, so if my calculations are correct, I should win by fatigue in approximately 6 hours.
    Original Reddit source

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    That's amazing. I wonder how long it would take for one player conceding to actually show up for the other. Does that register immediately when the game is super backlogged like that?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I think @kime recommended I craft Whizbang. I held off for a bit, waffling about how I'd rebuild my collection. After making zero progress in Standard at 20 , I realized I needed a lot of cards to do what I wanted with the current rotation. So I settled on waiting to really start collecting cards until next year's first expansion. I'll hit that expansion hard and start from there. I crafted Whizbang as the stopgap from now till then.

Win streaks later and I'm rank 18 and feeling good. I know it won't get me to rank 5 or anything, but its entertaining to play some of these (what feel like) solid decks with fun legendaries that I likely won't ever get.

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    This has been an interesting expansion for people breaking the game. First the Bran/Dragonhawk interaction (the game crashes), and then Prisoner Shaman (Shudderwock for infinite armor and board clears).

But some maniac found a new one:

3q19Nus.png

From Reddit:
    By emptying my deck of all but one Corrupted Blood, then dropping Violet Illusionist, Research Project and Time Warp with Aluneth equipped, I was able to fill my entire deck with Blood in one turn, and subsequently skip both of our next turn timers due to the long animation. Aluneth then repeated the process ad infinitum.
    Neither of us can do anything, and thus we are trapped in this purgatory until one of us concedes.
    We're an hour in, and each turn lasts about 12-15 minutes, so if my calculations are correct, I should win by fatigue in approximately 6 hours.
    Original Reddit source

M7wHNIm.png?1

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

it tries to keep the board clear, draw really fast and build a big questing adventurer via low cost spells and radiant elementals (or traditional inner fire combo)

it can ramp fast but it's also really vulnerable to removal

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

it tries to keep the board clear, draw really fast and build a big questing adventurer via low cost spells and radiant elementals (or traditional inner fire combo)

it can ramp fast but it's also really vulnerable to removal

I subbed out the "Embrace the Shadow on a stick"s for actual Embrace the Shadows, because that's what I have, and I'm only going 50-50 or so at rank 15 wild. Granted I don't really know the deck yet.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Druid is so utterly broken that they can survive so long to be able to play hakkar and still not die.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    DuBzEDVXQAAMybj.jpg

i domed this fuckin' moron for 20 damage in one turn but still lost because topdeck leeroy into double cold blood

dinosize is fun tho

edit: also like 90% of my decks aren't updated for rastakhan's yet but that doesn't seem to be a problem really because the old sets are still OP as fuck???

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    alright extra special fuck you to the rank 19 hunter that goes coin fully upgraded spellstone -> fully upgraded spellstone -> flare my stolen wandering monster

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page