As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I don’t have whisper or sleeper

Is darci a third option?

Darci or Thunderlord should also do solid work. Whisper is always the king shit if you can land your shots but it's not the only option.

I would probably make sure to bring Ikelos for backup though since that bastard has a TON of health and you might run out of heavy.

Remember before turning on the forge to grab a flag in the EDZ.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Volundr:
    First two rounds stay in the back right cave
    Boss round stay in the back left cave/cliff, just gotta lead him down to it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Once you get put into matchmaking, your ammo and super get reset to start the event
    I haven't gone in as a squad, if it lets you just fire the event on site, then getting a flag should work to be full.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Once you get put into matchmaking, your ammo and super get reset to start the event
    I haven't gone in as a squad, if it lets you just fire the event on site, then getting a flag should work to be full.

It actually lets you retain your ammo when you go into it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Ammo never gets reset when you go into matchmaking other than for competitive modes like gambit and crucible.

Super and ability energy does though.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Ding, hit Lv50 and I'm nearly at 500. Anything I should keep in mind at the moment now that I'm at max-level?

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Elki what time are you trying to raid (Last Wish?) today on Xbox?
    I still need to see it for my first time and might be able to make time this afternoon (best coast).

Ammo never gets reset when you go into matchmaking other than for competitive modes like gambit and crucible.

Super and ability energy does though.

Yup. Strikes, raids, forges, all of them will reset your super energy to zero but you will start with exactly the amount of ammo you had when queuing in.

Yes, it's stupid.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I still need to see it for my first time and might be able to make time this afternoon (best coast).

@Custom Special I’m not doing Last Wish, I’m doing the new raid, Scourge of the Past.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Elki wrote: »

@Custom Special I’m not doing Last Wish, I’m doing the new raid, Scourge of the Past.

Yeah, re-read your post and realized that's probably what you were doing. :redface:

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I don’t think that’s true about forge and ammo. I’m pretty sure you get a minimum amount of heavy ammo if you start below an amount

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I havent played all that much Gambit in a while, decided to run one earlier and I was zoning into a Gambit match on my Warlock, I see on the roster that we are only 5 people in that match... I vaguely remember getting tossed 1vs4 before and go "Please dont be me, please dont be me"

HFk6YDDl.jpg
    Yeah, it wasnt me this time, just some other poor bastard, noone even emoted at him, everyone was looking at each other and then at him like "Oh shit, son".

Also, to add even further insult to injury to this guy...

fa9ETgNl.jpg
    This was even my first time seeing the puckered anus in Gambit.

Sirialis on
  • ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I don’t think that’s true about forge and ammo. I’m pretty sure you get a minimum amount of heavy ammo if you start below an amount

It's like when you zone in to a patrol area like DC. If your ammo for any weapon is above a certain minimum you keep what you've got, otherwise it'll bump you up to said minimum.

Seems plenty of other people experienced the same shit we did on the Nessus Forge.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a4kcg9/the_gofannon_forge_is_really_broken/

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So who will drag my ass through an entire escalation protocol to get the ikelos shotgun? Everyone just goes away after tier 1.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I havent played all that much Gambit in a while, decided to run one earlier and I was zoning into a Gambit match on my Warlock, I see on the roster that we are only 5 people in that match... I vaguely remember getting tossed 1vs4 before and go "Please dont be me, please dont be me"

HFk6YDDl.jpg
    Yeah, it wasnt me this time, just some other poor bastard, noone even emoted at him, everyone was looking at each other and then at him like "Oh shit, son".

Also, to add even further insult to injury to this guy...

fa9ETgNl.jpg
    This was even my first time seeing the puckered anus in Gambit.

I don't even really feel bad about this shit anymore. I've taken enough shit from Gambit and the Crucible. If the game decides to fuck the other team with hte matchmaker or the enemy team gets stuck with those assholes who quit after they lose the first round, that just makes life easier for me. Poor bastards, I've been there, but I'm taking my win.

edited December 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Seems plenty of other people experienced the same shit we did on the Nessus Forge.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a4kcg9/the_gofannon_forge_is_really_broken/

Why cant Bungie playtest their shit even once? How are you going to damage the Servitor Forge boss with him and a normal servitor just shielding each other at the same time?

This is the 3rd time in a row this has happened, I dont have nearly enough ammo to kill every single servitor they keep spawning.

Haw8foo.jpg
    Forge Servitor Boss "What are you gonna do now fuckface?"

Sirialis on
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki what time are you trying to raid (Last Wish?) today on Xbox?

"Custom Special" I’m not doing Last Wish, I’m doing the new raid, Scourge of the Past.

Yeah, re-read your post and realized that's probably what you were doing. :redface:

It was funny. :P And it is still the new raid to you, obviously.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    First forge beat! Wasn’t too bad. Had to run it maybe a total of 12 attempts. 4 last night 8 or so today. Shoulda gotten it a few runs earlier but some jerk cabal jumped in front of me as I went to teather the boss

Sure enough we just barely didn’t beat him so it’s clear we would’ve had the teather landed right

I swapped to a rampage outlaw duke with minor spec mod. One kill in I could start one shorting the basic cabal in round one. Made crowd control smooth

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    First forge beat! Wasn’t too bad. Had to run it maybe a total of 12 attempts. 4 last night 8 or so today. Shoulda gotten it a few runs earlier but some jerk cabal jumped in front of me as I went to teather the boss

Sure enough we just barely didn’t beat him so it’s clear we would’ve had the teather landed right

I swapped to a rampage outlaw duke with minor spec mod. One kill in I could start one shorting the basic cabal in round one. Made crowd control smooth

One of the first times we were trying on my hunter we almost killed him and what fucked us was that as I jumped up to tether, the super animation pushed me a bit higher and suddenly I'm face-to-face with a fucking stalactite that I literally couldn't see because it's on the roof directly above me. And so I tether a piece of rock attached to the ceiling, no enemies grabbed, no orpheus rig reset, we fail at 10% hp.

I’m pretty sure the forge matchmaking is based on light level. Most players I see there are pretty close to mine.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited December 2018
    Nessus Forge Boss, Servitor is shielding boss, boss is shielding servitor - This has happened to me 6 times in a row now, this encounter is bloody broken and luck dependant, it easily costs like 30 seconds worth of boss damage each time.

Fuck that place.

Not at all impressed with the forges and this DLC in general, I knew this wasnt going to be a big DLC but everything is way too grindy and with nothing really exciting to show for it. (except the MG, I love that thing.)

I was hoping you would at the very least be able to do reforges (change perks, like we could on guns at one point in D1) on the Black Armory armor pieces eventually, sure doesnt seem like it though.

Sirialis on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I’ve read theres ways to break the shield

I think super damage it but reddit seems to think it’s nit as big of a deal as it seems (not sure how cause it seems bad)

616610-1.png
    I’ve read theres ways to break the shield

I think super damage it but reddit seems to think it’s nit as big of a deal as it seems (not sure how cause it seems bad)

Suppression effects are what I've heard.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So comp isn't half bad with a PA Fireteam

I even made a new friend along the way

Also wavesplitter is super cheesey and I'm glad I have one.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I really wish I could use silver to change my characters appearance a little.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Tether also stops it apparently (but you as a helpful hunter were already running tether of course.)

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    So my first Ringing Nail dropped with shield disorient and tap the trigger. My second dropped with.... shield disorient and tap the trigger.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Gofannon forge is proving hard to complete. Managed to get the boss down to a sliver one time, but otherwise not really getting close. It doesn't help that he occasionally goes immune.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    RAID LOOT SPOILER!
    3d8748a0-390a-49cd-8399-344afac9f7c6_Thumbnail.PNG

:mrgreen:

Tomorrow night I'll go back at it, and get my emblem, goddamit. Tomorrow morning I'll just regret staying up this late (only slightly).

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Raid powerful drops came in at +10.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Yup, Gofannon boss is some bullshit alright. Strict timelimit, random immunity unless you spend all your time killing bullet sponge servitors, and he camps on top of the respawn to kill you instantly. Who thought this was a good idea?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    So who will drag my ass through an entire escalation protocol to get the ikelos shotgun? Everyone just goes away after tier 1.

I need to do this too, if you want to fumble through it together at some point.

PSN: peepshowofforce
    I wish I could just go back to the other forge, but I've got that fucking sniper frame so if I do there's a chance they straight up delete it.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Malfeasance get. Breakneck get.

...I think I'm gonna take a break from Gambit for a while.

Chrysis wrote: »
    Yup, Gofannon boss is some bullshit alright. Strict timelimit, random immunity unless you spend all your time killing bullet sponge servitors, and he camps on top of the respawn to kill you instantly. Who thought this was a good idea?

The boss from the first forge is only slightly less bullshit imo.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »

Yeah, I’m only playing on full Curse weeks now. All I need is the ghost and ship, and 3 super invaders.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Got my first few Forge clears, the HMG dropped with quickdraw and Rampage so thank you very much for that game. Now that I'm sort of properly leveled I like the Forges, they feel tense and challenging and one way or the other it's over quick. I don't mind something that's hard as nails if it doesn't overstay its welcome.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    awsimo wrote: »

Yeah, I’m only playing on full Curse weeks now. All I need is the ghost and ship, and 3 super invaders.

Oh dang, are you going for Dredgen? I decided not to stress myself with it. Too much of that title is RNG-reliant: getting the Meatball, getting the cosmetic drops from the Meatball, getting an invader to pop their super...

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I was a bit behind my buddies on the new forge because the step to kill the HVT Captain on Nessus was killstolen from me repeatedly.

Eventually I used my own memories to go, HEY, STUPID, THEY SPAWN ELSEWHERE TOO BESIDES EXODUS BLACK, and I got it. I did get to hear my buddies attempting the Gofannon Forge, however.

One of them had completed it with randos in one try on their first try, so they went in a bit cocky when it was three of them. The amount of cussing and rage from the chain shielding servitors and the boss constantly teleporting them was amusing, to say the least.

They kept at it and knocked it out (this was on Friday). I think they were so pissed / real life busy, they didn't log in Saturday, so on Sunday I pestered them to help me complete it and the first forge.

Knocked out both on the first attempt. First one is getting to that easy, but not super easy, so it's still a lot of fun stage.

Gofannon we got with probably a few seconds left. I can't see myself doing that often, so I'm glad Machine Guns and Auto Rifles seem to be designated for the first stage.

By the time we need to do Gofannon again, we'll probably be at a Power level where it'll be much easier.

Are the last two Forges the same Power level as these two?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).