As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    so

do you work for Arby's marketing by any chance?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Nah, just got a bunch of puppetry experience (and a roommate with similar) and not enough common sense not to jam my hand into a pile of razor blades

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Gosh I love these, Straightzi

• IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Thank you for the many gifts! @Rankenphile
    I will create a proper picture-filled post when I'm done working today.

edited December 2018
    Okay, I finished my shift, so on with the pictures. As a preface, I'm friends with Rankenphile and his wife. We don't get to hang out nearly enough lately though. Last night I was messaged by Rankenphile's wife about dropping something off on her way north to see her family. I figured it was a small Christmas gift as we sometimes get each other weird little gifts if we see something dumb/weird. My main clue that this was probably Satans-related was that she said she got my address from Rank and I didn't remember giving it out. Then there was a pet emergency at with her family and instead of midnight she dropped it off at 1:30am. I was a gracious (I hope) zombie and brought the box upstairs for opening after sleep and probably a few hours of working from home.

Buchi had to inspect the box of course.
    p86vqad8h5zy.jpg

Around noon I took a break and got the box ready to open. Lilith and Buchi were on the bed too.
    libj7ple7nu1.jpg

Satans is always fun, but even moreso when you know the person in real life.
    3cg3lufra72b.jpg

Japanese Kit Kats! Caramel Pudding and Chestnut Flavors! Plus Shaq Fu per tradition.
    s3116pisddwa.jpg

Oscar's Hot Night Out! A game created with help from Knob! I'm looking forward to playing this.
    edfquqygggpo.jpg

Cat Treats! I'm sure most of the cats will devour these. They aren't really picky eaters.
    skue8np874z6.jpg

Munji now jumped up to "assist"
    vw9b0taxfkmp.jpg

Buchi is looking a bit overwhelmed by gifts.
    ep06plu4rqxh.jpg

Another copy of Shaq Fu. Thankfully I haven't sent my Secret Satan gift yet so the love can be shared.
    8oc0acseq1np.jpg

City of Lost Children. Munji says "one approves."
    f00zkhweeojj.jpg

Legend of Zelda - Link Between Worlds. I've heard very good things about this game and I'll get time to try it out over Christmas.
    39wjjo3w3wbi.jpg

Art by Rankenphile! I remember seeing when this was created and this is very cool!
    wo4511ywkr3f.jpg

5th Edition Dungeon and Dragon Handbook! I am old and slow to check out new editions, probably due to the immense amout of money I spent on 2nd edition. I will always love RPG books and I will read the hell out of this.
    sjotbyposvis.jpg

He even put bookmarks in it for ease of use! That makes it so much better!
    vjewjyuazmtq.jpg

Thank you so much! This is a great haul! My girlfriend didn't even believe it at first.

Here's the sock picture that I managed to forget. Munji loves "helping".
    7ncvb6kv03ek.jpg

Iloveslimes on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    But where are the socks?

Shit. I forgot the sock picture. Sonic the Hedgehog socks! I'll edit the post soon. Not sure what happened.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Shit I'm stealing that post-it idea for the handbook, that's gold

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Shit I'm stealing that post-it idea for the handbook, that's gold

I did it to my own PHB years ago and it made such a difference, especially for looking up spells and finding rules for things like conditions, that I vowed to provide that service to anyone I ever give a PHB to in the future (Slimes and my niece being the two so far).

8406wWN.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    THOSE ARE QUALITY SOCKS

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    A memo has been sent to the gift mines and imps are now toiling away extracting precious giftium ore. Many will not survive process.

steam_sig.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    LAST TIME ON SECRET SATANS:
    yCVJJhx
    Brolo wrote: »
    GIFTS HAVE ARRIVED IN MY DOMICILE
    A09JnmTl.jpg

@kadith - currently 2/3 and 3/3 have arrived, but I'm not sure if I should open these without gift 1/3! I'm holding off for now but it's SO HARD!
    RRQrThRl.jpg

AND NOW THE CONCLUSION:

XM2tSmOl.jpg
    A box showed up and it is GIGANTIC!

n7Bsn16l.jpg
    E0cNDirl.jpg
    Inside - a gift bag! Part 1 of 3 at last!

And inside that - HOLY SHIT
    QIWZqf9l.jpg
    A 3D printer! This is going to be so useful for prototyping!

sEftyq7l.jpg
    vE03Fppl.jpg
    Also in the original boxes - filaments! In black and white!

Thank you so much @Kadith ! Merry Satans to you!

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That is an extremely realistic cat, right down to the unamused face! Great job with that 3D printer, Brolo.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    A memo has been sent to the gift mines and imps are now toiling away extracting precious giftium ore. Many will not survive process.

Ummmm.

This was not what we agreed on!

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2018
    I have that exact same model.

It’s really danged good for an entry level 3D printer.

One thing I found helped was getting a piece of glass from a picture frame, cutting it to size and clipping it to the bed to provide a perfectly level printing surface as the aluminum will warp over time. It requires printing a spacer for the calibration switch on the z axis (look on thingiverse) but it’s a really simple upgrade.

You’ll want to learn how to calibrate it well but it’s an easy process — basically if you can slip a piece of paper between the nozzle and the bed at each corner with some friction but not too much, you’re good to go.

There’s a really good subreddit for monoprice select mini owners that is full of troubleshooting advice. Highly worth checking it out.

edit: updated to include a link to the subreddit

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    Also you can print via usb or WiFi (although I don’t think that model has WiFi out of the box) but you’re better off using the micro sd card so you can let it run autonomously without worrying about interrupting it if you use your computer in the middle of a 20-hour print

8406wWN.png
  • .. Registered User, ClubPA regular

Ummmm.

This was not what we agreed on!

Someone didn't read the fine print.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
    Wouldn't be Secret Satan if nobody died!

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Well, steam is being dumb. Apparently, the concept of “give me the option to pay a higher price in the event of regional price differences” is too complex for them, and just won’t let it through.

[due to regional price differences, the gift you are trying to send cannot be sent to the recipient’s region]

The hell?

Edit, I took a couple things off and that seemed to do it, will take a second pass to figure out which one(s) weren’t okay

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hey, thanks a lot @Caulk Bite 6! I'll be digging into these right away!

Sorry about the regional difficulties!

cgD2YSsl.png?1
    SRvPoQjl.png?2

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Almost deleted the tracking email for the first gift because they used my Satanee's name instead of mine. Thought it was one of those you have a package scams.

steam_sig.png
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    OMG Nullzone (I was hoping it was you <3)

Nullzone is my satan and is the one who sent me the books and today cookies and socks and I do have pictures from the cookies and socks but I'd rather do a great many things than resize them on my phone!

So I'll do that when I get back to Vegas and my PC. Which happens tomorrow night. You mentioned in the card there was something else, if it comes here I can probably convince my parents to send it on unless it's more cookies, in which case they may not all get to me.

Thank you <3

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I was able to pick up a mysterious package today! It originally tried to reach it's way to me on Friday but I kinda goofed by not having anyone home at the time. Funnily enough my parents were having wine delivered by the same company at the same time so my dad picked up both packages yesterday. After a trip to my folk's place and a quick drive back to my apartment the de-packaging begins! What's in the box!?

b9nq0jkj0flb.jpg

Oh boy! Smaller, individually numbered boxes!

x5z1x3ahhb2d.jpg

I may have assumed so from the marking on the shipping box (Contains: Alcohol) but it's a bevy of bottles! And a note?

6fylr7z44jvg.jpg

What does it say?

p1aikyu8l114.jpg

Now, understand that I am VERY BAD at both a) following written instructions and b) being patient but I'm going to try my hardest to do what the note says. Once December 14th rolls around I'm going to crack one of those precious little guys open and share with you the Beer of the Day each day until the 12 Days of Beermas are complete (and I'll edit this post to include those pictures and comments at it's conclusion). After rearranging my fridge and eating some left overs:

qkxf22dzlzyl.jpg

And thus, the waiting game begins. This is an amazing gift, my As-Of-This-Moment Anonymous Satan! Thank you very much!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »

Nullzone is my satan and is the one who sent me the books and today cookies and socks and I do have pictures from the cookies and socks but I'd rather do a great many things than resize them on my phone!

So I'll do that when I get back to Vegas and my PC. Which happens tomorrow night. You mentioned in the card there was something else, if it comes here I can probably convince my parents to send it on unless it's more cookies, in which case they may not all get to me.

Thank you <3

Nah, it'll go to your proper address, imps gave me your travel timeline :)

I hope you like everything! Did the cookies arrive ok?

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    A mysterious package hath arrived!
    I had it open before I realized that I wasn’t expecting anything via Gesswein, recently, so I was suspicious.

yy2qe45sitbc.jpeg

Suspicion validated, it appears to be everything from my Gesswein wishlist.
    egh3rh7fzfar.jpeg
    2df6uapecqns.jpeg

It is, indeed! Praise Satan in [city name redacted]!
    jt1dcurrynfy.jpeg

(There’s no forum name attached so I’m not going to use their irl name here, but thank you!)

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I don't know what Gesswein is. I assume it's some kind of German wine. Looks like pretty weird containers for wine but you seem happy so it's cool!

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Completely unrelated to this thread, does anyone have recommendations for shipping from US to Canada? I vaguely remember hearing somethign about a strike or backlog or something up north.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Completely unrelated to this thread, does anyone have recommendations for shipping from US to Canada? I vaguely remember hearing somethign about a strike or backlog or something up north.

there's a postal strike that was just ended
    a lot of packages that were ordered will be dalyed until after christmas because of the backlog

edited December 2018
    I don't know what Gesswein is. I assume it's some kind of German wine. Looks like pretty weird containers for wine but you seem happy so it's cool!

It’s a Canada based jeweller supply store.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

it's a strike by Canada Post workers.
    If you send packages by USPS, after it crosses the border it'll go through Canada Post and be delayed.

If you ship using UPS or FedEx, or even though Amazon.ca there won't be any delays.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    @Noggin !!!!

You mad man!

I see now that you're trying to kill me in the best way possible.

lyk0ww2xh3t7.jpg

9y3enc7f1nd2.jpg

Well it won't work!
    it will work

at least I will finally be able to read all of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries before I go!

kss77mlkxzyu.jpg

Thank you so much and a merry Satanmas to you!

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Nullzone wrote: »
    ceres wrote: »

Thank you <3

Nah, it'll go to your proper address, imps gave me your travel timeline :)

I hope you like everything! Did the cookies arrive ok?

They did. And now they are gone. I had a few on the plane too. I have eaten waaaaay too many cookies over the past 48 hours. Waaaaaaaaay too many cookies. >> That pilot was either drunk or bonkers, so it was like better eat them NOW... The socks are also very pretty but the cookies stole the show.

you guys, Satans is the best thing

you all done so good so far

good job being the best

8406wWN.png
    As for my Satanee

You've received NOTHING. Because I haven't sent anything.

I finally have a full two days off this weekend so expect something to be headed your way soon.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    The fourth package has arrived! It is labeled as the first, so you know - time is an illusion and construct, etc, etc.

I got it when I got in late last night and will have pictures posted tomorrow, as I am once again no longer at home. Regardless: Your minions have done their dark works well.

Inspiration has finally struck, I knew I'd get there in the end <3

It's come out quite a bit different from my usual approach to satans, but hopefully it comes together

No Ninjago necessary

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Packages have arrived! Pictures will follow when my phone stops being a jerk, but in the meantime, thank you @Cello!

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    No pics, but yesterday a package arrived that I can only assume is from my Satan...

...because inside was a product titled UNICORN SNOT.

It's a clear liquid lip gloss along with several pots of loose glitter powder in different colors. Gonna get ALL bedazzled up in this biz.

Many thanks, Satan!

Nullzone on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Who here wraps presents sitting at a table vs who does it sitting on the floor? Just occurred to me that I have wrapped every gift I've ever wrapped sitting on the carpet.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I need a table of some kind