As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    I really hope they don't make you have Paploo or Logray because you can only farm those in the guild store.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Paploo is a 10 energy cantina battle.

Logray is a pain though.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Paploo is a 10 energy cantina battle.

Logray is a pain though.

Yeah, but right now Cantina Energy goes to T3/Mission.

1/9 for Mission tonight. Bah.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I literally didn't know there were named ewoks besides wicket

Paploo’s the one that steals the scout bike right before han and everyone attacks the shield generator

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Someone on reddit wrote up a how-to-use guide on ewoks, so if it might be worth a read
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a25zng/a_quickish_guide_to_murderbears?sort=top

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    ...New mode? Bah level 85 req.

Can someone link me a ships tutorial? I have like 55k squad power but everything sucks and I lose every match almost. I can't even make it passed Fleet Battles Stage 2.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I have Teebo, Scout, and Elder maxed to 7*

Chirpa and Paploo are at 5* and Wicket is only 4 (which I'm pretty sure we'll need but who knows).

I'll also probably only get through tier 5, assuming I bother to gear and level everyone.

Yeah I have a very similar situation. Funny enough, I have a 6 stars logray that I don't recall farming and when I look at him, there is no way to get shards for him beside chromium packs so I have no idea how I got him this high but apparently, he is a must for any good Ewok team.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    7* Home one nabbed just in time for Chimera Friday.

I will repeat advice I got in this thread, through I don't remember who said it: ship arena is a good place to focus. It doesn't seem as competitive as squad arena and it has solid pay outs. If you are getting to top 5 you are getting 1500+ fleet credits. Zeta shards are 2000 fleet credits. I legit have more zetas than I know what to do with (ok I am saving for Revan, but even accounting for that I have a surplus).
    Also you get some good crystal payouts. I finance my refreshes with the 300-400 crystals I pull each day from being top 5.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I literally didn't know there were named ewoks besides wicket

Paploo’s the one that steals the scout bike right before han and everyone attacks the shield generator

Nice

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »

Chirpa and Paploo are at 5* and Wicket is only 4 (which I'm pretty sure we'll need but who knows).

I'll also probably only get through tier 5, assuming I bother to gear and level everyone.

Yeah I have a very similar situation. Funny enough, I have a 6 stars logray that I don't recall farming and when I look at him, there is no way to get shards for him beside chromium packs so I have no idea how I got him this high but apparently, he is a must for any good Ewok team.

You get 5-10 ewok shards per tier during the Ewok Moon Event (where you go through 8 rounds using only Imperials/Droids). That's how I was able to get Scout and Elder maxed, and everyone else 4-5 stars.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular

You get 5-10 ewok shards per tier during the Ewok Moon Event (where you go through 8 rounds using only Imperials/Droids). That's how I was able to get Scout and Elder maxed, and everyone else 4-5 stars.

Ah that's probably how I got around with raising him to that level.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Teebo on the GW store was my easiest.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options

Of course, I only get Elder/Scout/Teebo shards. So the other murderbears lag behind.

• Options
    I need a way to break serve faster vs phoenix teams.

Like, I can literally ignore all my defensive abilities because they can't kill me and attempt to take out hera first but the constant taunts undo so much progress that by the time she's down I can barely finish the fight.

Like my last one ended with only zeb alive at ~2 hits left vs my team of five. Somehow a "Draw"

• Options
    I need a way to break serve faster vs phoenix teams.

Like, I can literally ignore all my defensive abilities because they can't kill me and attempt to take out hera first but the constant taunts undo so much progress that by the time she's down I can barely finish the fight.

Like my last one ended with only zeb alive at ~2 hits left vs my team of five. Somehow a "Draw"

One of the fastest ways is to kill Kanan first. Once he's gone, the entire team crumbles because they can no longer auto counter your attacks.

After that, take out Hera so she can't revive anyone and everything else falls apart.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Interesting. I'll try that. I was told initially that taking out hera to break the shared abilities should be the focus, but it's hard to focus her down

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yep. Kill Kanan first. You're gonna have to deal with him anyway. Might as well just make him you first target.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I think you're on the right track though, ignoring using your debuffs on Kanan as that will heal him more than kill him MOST times. I usually still daze and stun him with Zeb. The damage I do from him skipping a turn usually outweighs the live/protection he gets from the debuffs.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Interesting. I'll try that. I was told initially that taking out hera to break the shared abilities should be the focus, but it's hard to focus her down

Leadership abilities don't break when the leader dies. If you kill her first, the rest still share.

• Options
    Depends on the leadership ability. Some of them do specifically state in the text "while alive" or things like that. But if it isn't specifically called out to the contrary, it is a safe assumption that the leadership will persist through death.

The trick with Phoenix is that Hera's leader makes all of the other characters' passives apply to the whole team. Get rid of the person providing the unwanted passive, and the passive goes away for the whole team. That's why eliminating Kanan is key. His presence gives the whole team counter attack. Remove him, team counter goes away.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The bad news: The Grand Arena is Fucked.
    The good news:
    We will also update the reward table so that all participants will earn 1st place rewards for this initial event.

So, you can test and learn and whatnot if you like, but we're apparently all getting 1st place rewards and there'll be another one starting up tonight.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    I don't quite understand some of their post. They say something about each phase only lasting 5 minutes. If this means what I think it means, it means the entire first GA event will pass by in like 60 minutes or something. Basically, if I'm interpreting it right, they are just going to push this busted one out very quickly, give everyone the winner awards, and then start a new one and hope it's a little less busted.

• Options
    They basically called a mulligan on this round, gave everyone top rewards as an apology, and will be starting another.

• Options
    I got an in game message that said you get no grand arena awards because you did not participate.like yes, I'm level 51, I know that

• Options
    I got the same thing and was sad when I got it.

• Options
    So wait a minute...if this C-3PO event is gonna be Ewoks vs Empire...how is it different than Endor Escalation?

Are there any other events where the theme/matchup is basically repeated?

• Options
    I'm getting antsy about this C-3PO event. They need to hurry up and release his kit.

My Ewok team are in pretty good shape. I think from a Star perspective I can get them all to 7 before the event is over. However, gear is an entirely different matter. If G12 is required, I am pretty well fucked. Just right now, with what is visible on the board, I can see 250 carbantis needed. And that isn't even counting future carbantis I need when I advance to the next gear level.

The thing is. I really want Luke#3. And I might just end up spending a bit of money to make sure C-3PO happens, since it has also been confirmed that Chewbacca will be returning on Christmas day.

My only fear is that they'll pull some sort of really dickish surprise that nobody can prepare for, like dropping a Marquee character such as the Rebel Endor Scout, and then make that character required to unlock Luke#3, and the only way to raise Rebel Endor Scout to 7-stars is through crystal packs. I could see them doing that.

• Options
    There are a lot of mythic events to juggle right now. I'm down around 400 shards left on the Old Republic characters, and my Ewoks almost certainly need gear (not a 12 among them), and they've announced that the Chewbacca event is coming back on the 27th (runs until the 8th), so Bounty Hunters just became a higher priority again as well. I've got them at 7 stars, but I don't think I'm quite at the gear yet, especially for a team without Bossk (yeah, I hear he's great and his ship is apparently meta relevant as fuck in the arena, but see the above citation on working on stars for 4 characters and gear for 10; something has to get left aside until a project finally ends).

• Options
    Alright I 5* Kanan tonight at arena payout and I'm only at lvl 54 but im gonna try real hard to unlock thrawn before his event ends.

Any advice? I heard take out death troopers immediately

• Options
    Further research indicates that it may be RNG heavy, but someone has gotten a 7 star Chewie with my exact composition, and I have a pair of 12's where he had 11's. So if I zeta Boba and swap over my best mods, I might actually have a shot at doing this one without a ton of work detracting from the Ewoks and Old Republic farming.

• Options
    Time to throw some bodies at my GA opponent and his goddamned Traya-led defense.

TW and TB reward you having tons of characters to use. Grand Arena frickin punishes you for it.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Time to throw some bodies at my GA opponent and his goddamned Traya-led defense.

TW and TB reward you having tons of characters to use. Grand Arena frickin punishes you for it.

Noticed this myself. I tried to mini hoard him but was only somewhat successful and still only could take out one zone.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    My bounty hunters are ready to go. zBossk, everyone is g12 with at least 1 + piece. Bossk is 12.4, and everyone has decent mods.

Ewoks will all be g11. Not an ideal squad. zChirpa, Scout, Paploo, Teebo, Elder. I'm guessing we'll need g12. I can add a zeta to Paploo if I'm close to beating the last phase. Fucking Logray has gone MIA from the store.

Old Republic I'm doing okay. 7* Bastila. 10/100 Bindo, Zaalbar, Mission. 1/85 t3.

Won my first Grand Arena. Took out 4 of theirs. They took out 1 if mine, and lost 9 sqauds before giving up.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Woo I got thrawn 5* at only lvl 54! He can wasn't even that hard... Except at some point he one-shot Kanan. I didn't know why so I just tried really hard to make sure he was dead before he had a chance to come off any cooldowns.

It feels good to have a headstart o empire squad once I get phoenix done

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Yeah, I wanted to get 6* Thrawn but there's no way I'll get both Hera and Ezra to 6* before the event is over. I have a nice Empire team forming though with Palpatine, Vader, Thrawn, GMT, and TFP. Are there no good Empire Healers?

• Options
    Yeah, I wanted to get 6* Thrawn but there's no way I'll get both Hera and Ezra to 6* before the event is over. I have a nice Empire team forming though with Palpatine, Vader, Thrawn, GMT, and TFP. Are there no good Empire Healers?

Shoretrooper is a pretty solid healer, but a pain in the ass to farm.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    The design focus of the game has shifted a whole lot since the original launch of the game. New characters are covering old weaknesses.

But as a general rule, no, there are no good Empire healers. Their original design plan way back in the day was that LS had healing, DS had more damage. And all those original 1.0 characters are designed like that. There was a time when literally the only healer the DS had was Talia, and she has to injure herself significantly to cast her heal. Those were rough days indeed.

Back then I also used to think a healer was necessary for a lot of the original content, and that simply isn't true anymore. There was a time when Luminara was the most valuable character in the game. She was basically the 1.0 MVP.

But also healers are making a comeback since they have started adding a lot more abilities both in raids and also to various characters that ignore protection.

Keep in mind, protection hasn't always been in the game either. 1.0 did not have protection. They patched that in probably 6-9 months after release.

• Options
    I think I've entered a too annoying to attack stage in arena. I'm generally fighting and beating teams slightly above my power level but haven't really backslid much. Hopefully I can just hover between 100-200 without much extra effort until someone breaks out past the leveling phoenix stage

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWgjuAH652E

Looks like it's gonna be Ewoks vs Rebels.

Also... there's a Jungle Attire Leia and an Endor Rebel Scout in that video. Not a good sign for Luke hopefuls.