As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mobile site not loading

2»

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    My Pixel 2 updated to Android 9 OS and problem with mobile site loading is gone. I know this doesn't really help non-google phone users.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I went and checked for an Android update, on Pixel 2, and when it finished the mobile site was working again.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Yeah, the update fixed it! Hurray!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    My Kindle updated and this is now busted for me. Both the Silk browser I never use and Chrome.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    This seems to be happening again. I wonder what causes it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Oddly I haven't been able to get the full site to load on my phone for a few days now (Galaxy S8 in either Samsung's internet app or Chrome)

When I tap full site it just reloads the mobile site but now with a link that says "Back to mobile site" at the bottom.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I’m having the same issue as happylilelf in safari on an iphone 8.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Same, chrome on Nokia 8

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yall I hate this.

We are looking into it.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is this a problem where the site won't load at ALL or it gets stuck loading like halfway? I have seen the latter on android firefox sometimes.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I cannot replicate it, personally.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The full site is now loading on my phone again. No idea what changed. I did have an update but that was five days ago and it just started loading the full site within that last hour or two.

• Options
    we did things.

• Options
    I didn't want to bother about it during all the holidays, but this is still busted for me. I've made sure my tablet and chrome and everything is properly updated. But it still defaults to the desktop site, with no option to switch to mobile. It's very hard to read and navigate.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    what kind of kindle is it

• Options
    Kindle Fire HD 8. I just checked and it does it with Silk, as well, so it's something about the device and not Chrome or anything.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    How big is it? We serve the desktop version to most tablets, I believe.

• Options
    Eight inches I suppose? I've had two and they both always went to the mobile site before. Except when it stopped around August for a while, as said earlier. I can live with it, it's just not as easy to work with. Text is small and I have to zoom in to be able to hit the next page button.

If desktop is the default but there's some option to force mobile, that'd be fine, even.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Sorry to resurrect this, but I'm running into the problem too. I've recently acquired an Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet, 2019 edition, (10.1" screen) on which I've installed Google Play so I can access different browsers, among other things. It's nice so far but the forums are a headache on it.

Firefox for Android was working to begin with, and was actually getting the mobile site here, which was good. But now Firefox has taken to crashing when I try to access literally anything with it, and that also goes for Firefox Beta and Nightly. This persists over reinstalls too. So what's going on there I have no idea. (Edit: apparently an issue with themes in Firefox, fixed now. Which does at least provide an option for this issue now.)

Every other browser (Chrome, Silk, Opera, Edge, and DuckDuckGo are some I've tried) gets served the desktop site here, which is at least functional but is a pain on a tablet, IMO. Some option to force the mobile site as @Reynolds suggests would make a huge difference. Thanks guys.

Jazz on