As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Betrayal League December 7th

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    @Rius What's your PoE profile? Curious to see what you've got going.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Riusaldregan/characters - look for RiusSingsForeigner

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yea, Syncidate shows up, I Vortex, Vaal Flameblast, start channeling Winter Orb and oh they died.

I should probably link Vaal Flameblast to something. It's currently unlinked.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    tukohamas isnt dead!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a4qqp9/psa_it_is_currently_impossible_to_obtain_voricis/ebigfog/?context=3

the +1 totem shield was removed before release of betryal

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So to reward me for buying a supporter pack the lab trial switches can’t be operated so console users are locked out of trials

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Well this is an auspicious start. First when I tried to name my character the game would just exit the menu after about 5 seconds and now there's no syndicate fortress in the coast. Jun spawned and gave me the quest but nothing is there to complete it.

Carpy on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So does that mean the Labyrinth is next on the block?

There's gotta be a better way to getting certain enchaments then randomly blowing through 1000 fonts. Like sacrificing 20/20 gems to get related enchantments, for instance.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Forcing an instance reload fixed it. Still weird, I've never seen a map fail to spawn a league mechanic like that before

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Forcing an instance reload fixed it. Still weird, I've never seen a map fail to spawn a league mechanic like that before

I had Nikos quest in A4 and zero sulphite spawned in the mines.

New league bugs, especially one this big, gonna probably happen.

• Options
    On the bright side the undertaker set looks amazing and I used the points to buy the tab types I was missing.

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    If you used lancing steel with ngahamu axe, where would the magma orbs appear?

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »

Pretty sure they always appear from your character

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Also Einjhar is my new favorite. I don’t give a fuck about Jun but that crazy Hunter is my boy.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

"melee hit" so shouldnt work with it as lancing steel dont have no melee tag

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Also Einjhar is my new favorite. I don’t give a fuck about Jun but that crazy Hunter is my boy.

You cannot see, but Einjhar is very handsome under his mask!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    U N E T H I C A L

cgancorwzv1q.jpg

It has an open suffix and can still be crafted on, so add like 40 resists to that

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Maybe this is a weird question, but if veiled mods can be crafted, how can you still craft on to that chest piece? Are they not considered crafted for those purposes?

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Maybe this is a weird question, but if veiled mods can be crafted, how can you still craft on to that chest piece? Are they not considered crafted for those purposes?

Last time I tried to craft on a veiled mod item, crafting bench had "remove this crafted mod and add a new one in its place" so yeah, I'm curious too.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Oh hang on a sec

Edit: yeah, you guys are right; I can see crafting options for suffixes but they all have the scouring orb as part of the cost. So I reckon it'd remove both veiled mods.

Glad I didn't go ahead with crafting on it, sheesh. It's probably not as good as I thought, though you could always slam it for another suffix kek

Actually there's a syndicate crafting bench if the syndicate guy is rank 3, will add an affix to a rare item, so

Rius on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    slam

or no orb's

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Ok Winter Orb has been worked out I think.

WO - CWC - Frostbolt - GMP. This will get more links when I get a 5/6L.

The real trick is Vortex is stupid strong, and can be cast while you channel WO. The super downside of all of this is, between vortex everywhere, HoI bursts, and fifty Frostbolt it really chugs on the graphics card.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I’m getting more into this!

I started as Templar, now around mid 20s in act 2. Storm brand is just as fun as I thought it’d be, but brand recall is even cooler. I can mostly just use those now, but it’s also fun when I can toss out a Vaal Arc.

So ya, it’s definitely starting to hook me. :+1:

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Yea, Syncidate shows up, I Vortex, Vaal Flameblast, start channeling Winter Orb and oh they died.

I should probably link Vaal Flameblast to something. It's currently unlinked.

I'm not sure how effective it is in the long run, I only got to 55 or so on my scion on Standard, but I was having fun with firestorm cast while channeling fireblast.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Level 90, four exalts, and a five link after the first 3.5 days, with ~100 completion bonus on the atlas. That was a productive fuckin' long weekend.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So uh, I have a pricing question, what would y'all put this at?
    3NGF9H9.png

It's all perfect rolls, I regaled the flat attack speed. The closest one out there right now doesn't have perfect rolls and is 20c. 25? 50?

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    edited December 2018

"melee hit" so shouldnt work with it as lancing steel dont have no melee tag

I figured that would be the case. I was in bed and all of a sudden thought about it.

I think the best bet with making lancing steel with would be to forget about impale and use elemental damage with deadeye to get either chain or pierce and the extra projectiles. I really like the free if the ability but it just feels lackluster, at least as champion and trying to focus on impale/physical

Aktn Bstrd on
  • Options
    I saw that I could get a unique item from Einhar's arena but got a useless one. Is there something I should do it with it, or do I just sell it to a vendor?

• Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    I saw that I could get a unique item from Einhar's arena but got a useless one. Is there something I should do it with it, or do I just sell it to a vendor?

You can always check the price on poe.trade . If it is less than a c then I usually just vendor it or because it is still early in the league, I will drop it in the gbank in case it's handy for someone leveling.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

You can always check the price on poe.trade . If it is less than a c then I usually just vendor it or because it is still early in the league, I will drop it in the gbank in case it's handy for someone leveling.

I like to keep a few useless uniques in stash just in case I get the 5-for-1 prophecy.

• Options
    Mirkel wrote: »

I like to keep a few useless uniques in stash just in case I get the 5-for-1 prophecy.

Ooo, good to know. Prophecies are a really cool idea, but the only one I got so far was "you will use orb of transmutation on boots and get movement speed."

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Anyone found a good guide to how to get the most out of incursions? It's my first time dealing with it, and i just hit act 7 and the npc. I've read the wiki but its just flat information not really a guide to the best way to approach, what best rooms to open etc.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Tons of Sulphite is good, don't change it

That's not what I'm talking about. I mean I get too much sulphite in a single map for me to hold and it gets wasted.

I can't take the time to go delving either, because the map will close before I'm done.

You can visit your mine when not in a map

You can also spend Azurite to expand your Sulfite storage

I have spent all of my Azurite on sulphite storage capacity. No Azurite has been spent elsewhere.

I deplete all of my sulphite between maps.

I am still going over capacity on a single map. How are you guys NOT running into this problem? I'm really curious what I'm doing differently than you.

I have the same issue. T9/10s are giving me close too 800 sulfite per vein.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Well shit i hit a bug it seems. My Syndicate members are permanently Friendless / Rivalless.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2264798 for my bug report.

Has anyone heard about this? I don't have a large ear to the community. (Having a common bug is in some ways beneficial, because then at least there is impetus to change it)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Did you do what I did and manage to untick the Show Relationships check box under the Betrayal Help button?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The Caterina boss fight is incredible btw. Its Shaper levels of spectacle.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Well, Plan C for my initial character (Crit Ice Nova Inquisitor -> Frostbolt Totem Hiero -> Arc Totem Hiero) is into yellow maps and starting to farm a bit. This was a rough league start for a few reasons, mainly around the early scaling of Betrayal mobs and the visual clutter of the league. I also took a Cyclone character to about 45 before I threw my hands up and went back to totems. Has there been a worse time in PoE's history to be melee?

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options

With uniques, double check to see if yours has really good or perfect rolls. Sometimes a thing worth 1 alch can be worth 10-20 chaos if it's got perfect rolls. Otherwise you can just sell uniques for Alchemy shards.

• Options
    @Yilias most folks haven't gotten to the Mastermind fight yet, might wanna spoil who it is

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Did you do what I did and manage to untick the Show Relationships check box under the Betrayal Help button?

This was the problem. I just figured it out myself.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    mccart wrote: »
    Griswold wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Tons of Sulphite is good, don't change it

That's not what I'm talking about. I mean I get too much sulphite in a single map for me to hold and it gets wasted.

I can't take the time to go delving either, because the map will close before I'm done.

You can visit your mine when not in a map

You can also spend Azurite to expand your Sulfite storage

I have spent all of my Azurite on sulphite storage capacity. No Azurite has been spent elsewhere.

I deplete all of my sulphite between maps.

I am still going over capacity on a single map. How are you guys NOT running into this problem? I'm really curious what I'm doing differently than you.

I had the same problem, niko was in the first three maps I did and I had to leave each map three times to go do 3-4 delves nodes each time which just felt a bit silly.

I think the easiest fix is to make the base tank size 2000 sulphite or thereabouts.

I am still in the story currently, but it seems like with sulphite being so common in the maps, you shouldn't feel like you have to collect all of the sulphite that is currently in a map. Why wouldn't you just finish the map after you have filled your tank, use all of the sulphite and then the repeat the next time you have a map that has sulphite?

Seg on
This discussion has been closed.