As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited March 2019 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

mtgw9ynhy72p.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    RALLY 'ROUND THE TOWER

WITH A POCKET FULL OF SHELLS

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I cant land in the tower.

I cant dismantle bounties either.

I’m just trying to pick up the fucking bounties but everytime I almost land, I get kicked to orbit.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

I'm just going to play other games tonight I guess. It's unplayable for me right now.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    Alright alright alright! Mayhem playlist on the field. Bring a Nova Warp.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    mighty fine thread title @GMaster7

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I'm just going to play other games tonight I guess. It's unplayable for me right now.

This has been the Northeast US for the past week.

I have since learned that there is an absurd quantity of error codes in the this game.

• Options
    There's recently been constant connection issues in the Northeast which really sucks, but there is also server maintenance going on at this very moment. If you weren't having problems over the weekend, you might be clear once this wraps up.

47omf8mr2cx2.jpg

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    "Let's do a quick run of the raid at reset!" Then get kicked by errors for the next hour.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    As a heads up for Crucible folks, if you have a Cerberus+1 and you hate shotgun opponents, you owe it to yourself to try out Cerberus as the shotgun counter.

The range at which Cerberus is most effective is just outside of shotgun OHKO range, basically like a year 1 SMG. So what you do is you try to bait people out, then start backpeddling and holding down the trigger and often shotgunners will get deleted quickly.

I was getting a few double-kills last night in Comp and it felt great to just bait Dustrocks and lay down pre-fire.

I'm happy to see TrueVanguard give it a shot, but it'll make sad to see more people run it, as it's being slept on right now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzpnPmNxGIU

• Options
    “You are experiencing networking issues!”

Sure buddy.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

This has been the Northeast US for the past week.

I have since learned that there is an absurd quantity of error codes in the this game.

I've had issues for most of this week, but only to the extent where I have to dedicate myself to only doing Destiny on my connection whereas usually I can get away with some streaming at the same time.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Weirdly DIM is reporting inventory but not perks on inventory. Milestones appear to be correct but Vendors are just flat offline.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    What an excellent day to play something else I guess

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    That sparrow is a backwards penis.

I have that sparrow and its contrail looks like one continuous string of baby sauce.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    A few hours of scheduled midday maintenance doesn't feel like reason to call the whole evening off, to me. We'll see how I feel in another four hours.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I know they changed it so maintenance was when they were at work but it really kinda blows that maintenance is right when I get home from work.

I just wanna shoot alien mans after a long day

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Oryx and his fellow Hive gods come back after they 'die' because they're not really dead. Once you have a throne world in the Ascendant Plane death in the physical world just dumps you back there and, with enough power, you can form a new physical body.

D2 lore spoiler:
    Which appears to be what Mara Sov is up to

Guardians are just zombies animated by Light. We can't die permanently until the Traveler, through the agency of a Ghost, can't or doesn't revive us but we also can't revive ourselves without the Traveler's indirect intervention. Toland (and possibly Dredgen Yor, if people's suspicions are correct) survived physical death by having used enough Darkness to end up in the Ascendent Plane.

Can you point me to this Dredgen speculation?

I don't know where to point you, exactly, but it seems to be commonly (in that it's come up in this thread a few times and I guess people talk about it on reddit or something) speculated that
    The Drifter is Dredgen Yor, or possibly is working for/with Dredgen Yor.

Personally I think it's unlikely. I think Yor is dead and either Drifter is one of the shadows of the abyss or whatever Yor's fanboys called themselves or else he has nothing directly to do with Yor and Yor's fanclub just really want him to because he has a fuck-off huge ball of Darkness in a net.

This doesn't seem likely, based on "A Matter of Trust":
    Drifter sends the Renegade/The Man with the Golden Gun/Shin Malphur after Callum, who is a Shadow of Yor. Malphur talks about Drifter running with the Shadows for a time. If Drifter were Yor, he wouldn't have survived his encounter(s) with Malphur. That he may be working with/for the Shadows is a risk that Malphur is willing to take, but not lightly.

Then again...
    "I finally have an answer for the Man with the Golden Gun. And it's something you and me built together! Whaddaya say we call it ... Malfeasance? Sure, I've shot bigger guns, but this thing is weaponized heat-death; pure atrophy! And it's the key to my freedom from him. Mmm ... fact is, you don't outdraw that gunslinger. No one can. But my entire crew, armed with this? We don't have to outdraw him. We just have to get our shots in. He dies, too. And make no mistake: you're part of my crew, now." -- Drifter, upon earning Malfeasance.

So while he may not be Yor/a Shadow, he wants Malphur out of the way for some reason. Drifter's interests are tied up those of the Shadows, I'm sure. Whatever his actual endgame is, it sounds like it goes well beyond Malphur's tolerance for Gambit's existence.

Either way, I really can't wait for next season. I love nearly everything about Drifter and Gambit. It doesn't reach Books of Sorrow levels, but it's very, very close for me. The mysterious background, the implications for the future of Guardians, the ties to D1 lore, Drifter's dialogue and delivery ... gimme.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Everything seems to work fine now, also my hunter just got a prime engram that was a 17(!) Light upgrade.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    The issues affecting the Northeast also seem resolved.

And uh, there sure are a lot of bonus powerfuls available this week.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    As a heads up for Crucible folks, if you have a Cerberus+1 and you hate shotgun opponents, you owe it to yourself to try out Cerberus as the shotgun counter.

The range at which Cerberus is most effective is just outside of shotgun OHKO range, basically like a year 1 SMG. So what you do is you try to bait people out, then start backpeddling and holding down the trigger and often shotgunners will get deleted quickly.

It's not just shotguns, it's the most effective midrange primary I've used in the game. You really do need to be pretty close for it to work but I've been having a great time with it in the last few days.

• Options
    Dawning seems fun but why the hell are my spare ballistics logs gone?

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »

Post on Reddit says apparently they don't transfer over week-to-week :rotate:

Nope, Bungie never told anyone

EDIT:
    7t7tg603sqmu.png

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Post on Reddit says apparently they don't transfer over week-to-week :rotate:

Nope, Bungie never told anyone

Stan-stan-marsh-24278067-696-538.jpg

• Options
    Bungie: Always this respectful of your time.

• Options
    They capped them at 2 and they dont transfer week to week...?

Black Armory is truly the “Grind, grind, grind for scraps” DLC.

• Options
    edited December 2018

No, you are thinking about the purple ones? I think everyone is talking about the blue ones

I guess it applies to the purple and blue ones?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

No, you are thinking about the purple ones? I think everyone is talking about the blue ones

Ballistics Logs are the purple items you get for the Weekly Bounties that you use to buy the Powerful Weapon Frames. I haven't heard anyone losing the blue Modulus Reports. In fact, DIM reports I still have 12 of those.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Ballistic Logs are the purple ones that are gone.

Blue ones are called Modulus Reports and I still have those.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

It's not just shotguns, it's the most effective midrange primary I've used in the game. You really do need to be pretty close for it to work but I've been having a great time with it in the last few days.

What range would it be better than side arms and or Luna at?

I feel like there’s not a big range where I feel too far for sidearm and too close for Luna

Or is this discounting the OPness of Luna,

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

Ballistics Logs are the purple items you get for the Weekly Bounties that you use to buy the Powerful Weapon Frames. I haven't heard anyone losing the blue Modulus Reports. In fact, DIM reports I still have 12 of those.

Thats even dumber since those are harder to get!

• Options
    edited December 2018
    There are only 2 items per week on which you can spend the 2 ballistics reports you can get per week: the powerful weapon frames.

The non-powerful weapon frames use the modulus reports, which you keep, and do not give a level boost but give you a chance at a different roll on, for example, the machinegun.

This week the weapon frames are the BA handcannon and sniper rifle. Last week it was machinegun and auto rifle. The first two you build will be powerful items.

Toasticus on
  • Options
    Super happy I stayed up an extra hour last night finishing that quest to get another one I hadn't spend yet.

A real feel good moment there.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Harder to get and harder to spend! You can only have one active frame at a time.

Had I known they didn't carry over I wouldn't have turned in the bounty I finished last night to earn one I then couldn't spend because I got the ganondorf forge sniper frame in exchange for finishing that quest while finishing the bounties and you can't have two frames at once for...reasons.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    I mean, the reason the easier-to-get reports stick around is because they're for re-rolling a particular gun. Maybe you're holding out for whenever shotgun week is, so you can try to get a really nice one.

But there are only two powerful ones you can get a week, every week. The only reason to stockpile those would be so you could grab the powerful frames right at reset instead of after you've gotten the new pair of bounties done. If you still had them on you and ended up doing the new bounties from this week as well, you'd still only get two powerful guns out of it no matter how many ballistics reports you had saved up.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah I intentionally held on to mine to get a headstart this week or prep for Gofannon. Pretty annoying to not communicate they don't carry over, but Bungo.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Toasticus wrote: »
    I mean, the reason the easier-to-get reports stick around is because they're for re-rolling a particular gun. Maybe you're holding out for whenever shotgun week is, so you can try to get a really nice one.

But there are only two powerful ones you can get a week, every week. The only reason to stockpile those would be so you could grab the powerful frames right at reset instead of after you've gotten the new pair of bounties done. If you still had them on you and ended up doing the new bounties from this week as well, you'd still only get two powerful guns out of it no matter how many ballistics reports you had saved up.

Sure, but the reward for doing the harder bounty is the currency to spend on the frames. If you take away the currency before it's spent then those bounties had no reward.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    You should be able to "borrow" from weeks where you DO have time but DON'T want the frames on the weeks where you DON'T have time but DO want the frames

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Yeah, also the Oracle method of powerful reward ritual thing was fine because the Oracle was essentially a 5 minute ask, at most. Frames are a way bigger thing to complete so the extra silliness with them is just annoying.

• Options
    I don't follow. The main point of the powerful frames is the gear level increase. If you care about the frame itself from week to week, e.g. "I want a shotgun," that's exactly what the non-powerful versions are for. "I don't care about my gear level this week but I will next week" isn't processing for me.