As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    • Top 1 Tracks That Will Change How You See Water FOREVER
    • You Won't BELIEVE How Wet This Track Is
    • I Let My Salmon Choose The Course - And I Liked It?!?
    • 11 Truths You Need to Know About UK Waterways

• CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    You people going to be on tonight? I'm still planning on it.
    We can try this weird salmon thing.

Edit: You guys also peer pressured me into buying a larger SSD for my computer so I can fit forza on that instead of on my secondary spinny disk.
    Lets just hope I don't have lots of issues cloning from a smaller disk to a bigger disk.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
    I'm not going to be home, which makes me sad cause I'll also be gone Thursday (though along with everyone in that case, I imagine). My course starts just inland from the south beach house. For the most fun use a high-power high-clearance vehicle (I made it with an S1 trophy truck), though I have seen AI in Ford Focus and the like make it through.

• MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I'm not going to be home, which makes me sad cause I'll also be gone Thursday (though along with everyone in that case, I imagine). My course starts just inland from the south beach house. For the most fun use a high-power high-clearance vehicle (I made it with an S1 trophy truck), though I have seen AI in Ford Focus and the like make it through.

Look at what you did, Greg.
    https://youtu.be/6W5VCuy14DY

Genuine laughing out loud. Best thing I could have come home to. Once you slow down and accept that you're following the river those little waterfall jumps are fun, right?
    Right?
    Wait you don't have flat, why are you holding a tire iron

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Look at what you did, Greg.
    https://youtu.be/6W5VCuy14DY

I like how you see me slowly plodding along through most of that video and therefore win. Everyone else trying to actually accelerate, pfft. Of course, I had also done a different race in that same car down that particular river, so had an idea what I was doing.
    Genuine laughing out loud. Best thing I could have come home to. Once you slow down and accept that you're following the river those little waterfall jumps are fun, right?
    Right?
    Wait you don't have flat, why are you holding a tire iron

I enjoyed it, it's very much a rock climb and once that clicks and you approach it that way it's a fun route. However I would suggest watching for Bear and that tire iron though...

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    wish i had made it last night, got stuck in traffic forever and then cooking dinner took a lot longer than i thought :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Yesterday's FH4 Patch Notes:
    New Features
    • Implemented multi-material color selection for a number of cars and rims, as well as adding in a number of new to Horizon rims.
    • Added the ability to bulk add DLC cars to the player garage.

Cross Platform Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where Xbox Game Pass holders were not entitled to the Formula Drift pack.
    • Fixed an issue where players would not receive rewards for completing a seasonal PR stunt they already completed.
    • Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving double #Forzathon points after re-purchasing Lake Lodge.
    • Improved UI to make it clearer when players are earning double #Forzathon points.
    • Fixed an issue to keep players grouped together after finishing a #Forzathon Live Event.
    • Fixed an issue with Route Blueprint where the player was placed at the incorrect finish point after completing a custom route.
    • Fixed the camera issues caused by rewinding immediately after placing a checkpoint in Route Blueprint.
    • Fixed an issue in Route Blueprint where players could run out of checkpoints preventing them from being able to finish route creation.
    • Added information to the Route Blueprint UI to show how many checkpoints have been placed, and how many are left to be placed.
    • Fixed an exploit in Route Blueprint for farming Pass Skills from AI cars.
    • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to enter Rivals events in cars which did not match the restrictions.
    • Fixed an issue where players in Private Adventures were able to select cars which did not meet the restrictions.
    • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes be unable to navigate up and down on the vinyl select screen in the Livery Editor.
    • Reduced the cost of some engine swap upgrades.
    • Fixed an exploit to extend the length of Skill Songs.
    • Fixed an issue where Car Pass 'New Cars' game alert would appear too early.
    • Fixed an issue where only one player on a team would receive the award from the Trial and Seasonal Championships.
    • Fixed an issue in co-op Showcases where pausing the game would prevent opponents from moving.
    • Added the ability to skip forward during post-race sequences.
    • Added notifications to show when the players is connecting to Horizon Life post event.
    • Fixed an issue with civilian traffic not appearing in Horizon Live.
    • Various stability fixes.

Wheel Fixes
    • Fixed an issue that was preventing players from being able to delete custom wheel settings.

And a bit more details about Treasure Fortune Island:
    From this article.

Set in the in the remote northern reaches of the British Isles, the expansion will introduce epic new driving experiences with extreme conditions, including ravines, perilous cliffside roads, and the longest section of paved mountain switchbacks ever built for a Forza Horizon game. Coming in at 3.6km, it will be accompanied by the longest Drift Zone yet in the Forza Horizon series that almost covers the entire thing! This will undoubtedly be a fan-favourite for many, but the entirety of Fortune Island is made up of a more rocky, mythical environment – making it distinct, but also complimentary to its historic Britain counterpart that makes up the mainland of Forza Horizon 4.

Another unique road mentioned on the livestream includes the Glen Wisp, which circles around the tall, perilous mountain in Fortune Island and comes together like a spiral road. There’s also another that’s spread across a sheer cliff – from one side to the other, which you can easily fall off if you aren’t careful! It’s also quite fun to push your friends off it in multiplayer though, especially considering how narrow this piece of dirt stretch is to drive on. Fortune Island also features more asphalt roads than ever seen before in a Forza Horizon expansion, but in addition to all the purpose-built drifting locations, there’s still plenty of off-road and cross-country events to enjoy. Fortune Island also features beaches with Viking shipwrecks and caves that are ready to be discovered. Who knows the hidden wonders that lie within. There are also smaller islands outside of the Fortune Island mainland that you can drive across to visit and explore.

In addition, Playground Games has built two Goliath race events for Fortune Island, an asphalt event and a mixed surface one that ties into the new campaign mode included with the expansion. Indeed, mixed surface race events are back for Fortune Island, as well as a new series of bespoke events to complete and Achievements to unlock so you can add to your total Gamerscore. The expansion also comes with a new Horizon Story, which sees everyone’s favourite Welshman Robert Glenn back for Drift Club 2.0 – which will take advantage of the unique switchback roads on Fortune Island using cars that have been perfectly tuned and upgraded for them. It’ll also take you to that aforementioned dirt stretch by the perilous cliff-side, which is the only time Drift Club will take you off-road!

Fortune Island also features the same four seasons from mainland Britain, and they’ll change every week like in the main game and behave the same way too – except the expansion now also features thunderstorms with lightning, as well as the mystical glow of the aurora borealis. The overall premise of Fortune Island sees players hunting for treasure in the biggest and most dangerous expansion in the history of the Forza Horizon series. What exactly you’ll encounter in your search for hidden wonders on this perilous mythical island remains to be seen, but you can expect exclusive new cars, large cash prizes and more in the all-new Treasure Hunt experience. More details about this feature, and other new additions to Fortune Island, will be revealed in the future – with more to be shown on the next Playground Games studio livestream in December.

Greg, that was awful and you should feel bad. Ebo wanted to do it in D class but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have been able to get up some of those little water falls in that class.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    11/10 would see Ebo punted up a river again~

I'm really glad that there are some new people still coming to the group. Making up for slackers like me. <_<

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Gah the pennine way speed zone is the last of all the things I need to get and I just can't do it

I'm in the avenator fe or whatever it's called and the closest I've got to 290 is 282 and I honestly don't know how

• Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Well, this is... something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qGoKiDOUyA
    Play the Show – Drive the cars, ride the roads, and experience the challenges from The Grand Tour when The Grand Tour Game releases January 15.

Ever wish you could get behind the wheel with Clarkson, Hammond, and May from The Grand Tour? Now it’s your turn! One moment you're watching the hosts attempt some questionable automotive antics… the next you're at the wheel yourself - same car, same location, same chance to make a massive mess of it.

The Grand Tour Game is an episodic racing game from Amazon Games based on the hit Prime Original series, The Grand Tour. Featuring seamless transitions from clips of the show to gameplay, plus original voice acting from the three hosts, The Grand Tour Game is infused with the show's trademark humour and irreverence.

New episodes of The Grand Tour Game will be released weekly during Season 3 of the show, capturing cars, challenges and iconic locations, including the show’s signature Eboladrome test track.

Now the fun doesn’t have to end when the show’s over—in fact, it’s just beginning.

So, it kind of sounds like you're... paying $30 for a commercial for The Grand Tour? OK, I guess?

I mean what's "Amazon Games" track record (no pun intended) with games? Does anybody expect this to be any good? All I'm seeing here is a slightly upgraded mobile app riding on a license.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    but I already have horizon 4?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited December 2018
    Kestrel1 wrote: »

So, it kind of sounds like you're... paying $30 for a commercial for The Grand Tour? OK, I guess?

I mean what's "Amazon Games" track record (no pun intended) with games? Does anybody expect this to be any good? All I'm seeing here is a slightly upgraded mobile app riding on a license.

That's the general vibe most have been getting since it was announced/first shown (I want to say around E3). The additional gameplay in that trailer... isn't helping.

Bloodsheed on
    Forza Motorsport 7 December Update, due out tomorrow:
    We’re sprucing things up with the December update for Forza Motorsport 7, which arrives on December 4 on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Over the past few months, while Turn 10 has been adding new features and functionality to the game based on community feedback, we’ve also been working on giving the Forza 7 menus a fresh coat of paint. The first result of all that hard work arrives this month for all players to enjoy. We’ve also introduced some upgrades and improvements throughout other areas of the game as well, including a much-improved force feedback system for wheel users, a new dynamic opponent labels system, a new Spotlight car coming free for all Forza 7 players, alongside lots of improvements and fixes across the game.

Here’s a deeper look at what’s included in the December update, starting with a look at this month’s Spotlight car:

2018 #1 BMW M Motorsport M8 GTE
    After a seven-year hiatus, BMW has returned to the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Adding fanfare is the fact that the M8 GTE raced in both the FIA WEC endurance series and the IMSA series before the production model became available for sale. Call it reverse engineering of the best kind since this M8 GTE is the first BMW manufactured from the ground up as an LM GTE homologated car, instead of being built from an existing platform. Significant weight savings, obvious safety equipment, and extensive aero make this a custom-built racecar. What a production M8 will look like we don’t yet know. We do know is that the M8 GTE was able to keep pace at the Circuit de la Sarthe and in IMSA, BMW teams garnered two wins and finished fourth in the highly competitive GTLM class, proving it as a viable racing platform. Best of all, now you can find out for yourself how it performs.

Updated Force Feedback
    The December update introduces some important changes to force feedback in Forza 7. The new force feedback is a full physically based system utilizing Forza Motorsport 7’s suspension kinematics and tire modeling to send tire loads to the steering wheel. It produces a more intuitive feel with more accurate align torque and a solid feeling of connection to the road.

Importantly for wheel users, this new wheel update completely replaces the old system, which means players’ tuning values from before December will be reset. Wheel users will need to tune from scratch to take advantage of this new and improved system. For a full rundown of the new force feedback system, check out the updated FM7 Wheel Guide on the Forza Support site.

A Fresh Coat of Paint
    When you start up Forza Motorsport 7 after Tuesday’s update, straight away you’re going to notice some visual changes. In addition to a new splash screen, we’ve made some significant improvements to the main menu. The old slightly angled menu is replaced with a new flat layout. The car and driver have moved to the right-hand side of the screen. In addition, we’ve replaced the black and white image backgrounds for the menu tiles with beautiful new color images. Sharp-eyed players will also notice that we’ve changed the tile highlight color from red to blue, and we’ve changed the opacity of tiles that do not have artwork, to make those tiles feel more active. The team has also improved transition times for certain menu items; for example, it now takes less time to get to the Forza Driver’s Cup menu when selecting that tile from the main menu.

New Opponent Labels
    The menus aren’t the only items getting a visual overhaul in December. This update also introduces a new opponent label system into the game. These labels are the information panels that you see in multiplayer lobbies, showing a player’s Gamertag, Forza driver level, and badge above the car. The new opponent label system brings a uniform, flattened look to these labels. Labels will also be dynamic, shifting between three “states” depending on an opponent’s proximity to the player.

The closest “full” state presents a player’s Gamertag, their position in the race, and some event-relevant information such as distance ahead (or behind, when looking backwards), total drift score, or “It” status when playing Tag games. At medium distance, opponent labels will be shown in condensed state, with just a player’s GT and position shown. A furthest distance, labels will appear in “far” state, showing just the player’s position in the race.

We’ve also made some design adjustments to in-race HUD information items with the December update. For example, the lap time HUD elements have been made more uniform and the lap counter has moved to the upper right corner of the screen.

The new menus and new opponent labels are part of an ongoing effort to offer players a great looking and informative Forza Motorsport 7 experience. Look for more updates to these aspects of the game in the coming months.

Other Updates
    The December update is bringing more good stuff with it as well. Rivals players will now automatically get a new ghost car to challenge after they’ve beaten a Rival. In addition, Specialty Dealer will now display the original collector score alongside the updated collector score, as well as both original price and “sale” price, along with the discount percentage.

That's pretty neat. I really need to get back into FM7, it seems like there is good stuff there. Maybe I'll try ranked.

To prove my innocence, here is the footage of my (mostly, I only nudge Walrus) CLEAN pass, @ebotastic !
    https://youtu.be/VF1w9BB59tA

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    That's pretty neat. I really need to get back into FM7, it seems like there is good stuff there. Maybe I'll try ranked.

I'd be down for some motorsport racing tomorrow evening if anyone else is around

FH4 Fortune Island Official Trailer
    https://youtu.be/F-e_447DY4U

Some more info on the expansion features, including the Car List
    2019 Lamborghini Urus
    2018 BMW M5
    2017 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept
    2002 Koenigsegg CC8S
    2018 Exomotive Exocet Off-Road
    2012 Lamborghini Aventador J
    2010 Saleen S5S Raptor
    1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler
    2018 Funco Motorsports F9
    2015 Hoonigan GYMKHANA 8 Ford Fiesta ST RX43
    (pictures of most of them in the link)

I also saw my system downloading a very large update to the Expansion One add-on that was part of the Ultimate Edition, so there appears to be a pre-load available.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Kestrel1 wrote: »
    Well, this is... something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qGoKiDOUyA
    Play the Show – Drive the cars, ride the roads, and experience the challenges from The Grand Tour when The Grand Tour Game releases January 15.

Ever wish you could get behind the wheel with Clarkson, Hammond, and May from The Grand Tour? Now it’s your turn! One moment you're watching the hosts attempt some questionable automotive antics… the next you're at the wheel yourself - same car, same location, same chance to make a massive mess of it.

The Grand Tour Game is an episodic racing game from Amazon Games based on the hit Prime Original series, The Grand Tour. Featuring seamless transitions from clips of the show to gameplay, plus original voice acting from the three hosts, The Grand Tour Game is infused with the show's trademark humour and irreverence.

New episodes of The Grand Tour Game will be released weekly during Season 3 of the show, capturing cars, challenges and iconic locations, including the show’s signature Eboladrome test track.

Now the fun doesn’t have to end when the show’s over—in fact, it’s just beginning.

I'm quite possibly a giant sucker for buying into this, but I'm actually really happy that some part of the Forza franchise will pick up where the Top Gear partnership, that I really like, ended.

EDIT: Hah, nevermind. I couldn't watch the video at work--it's a separate game. Fair enough.

Synthesis on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm glad the Grand Tour game exists, because it means they can keep Jeremy Clarkson and his friends far far away from any game I'm playing

Why? Top gear stuff was great in forza.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Yeah, but Clarkson and friends are dumpster fires in human form.
    You can do all that cool narration and such without them.

• ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    To prove my innocence, here is the footage of my (mostly, I only nudge Walrus) CLEAN pass, @ebotastic !
    https://youtu.be/VF1w9BB59tA

Okay, I forgive you, Eclibull.
    That doesn't mean I didn't change my recording settings to 2 minutes at 1080p

Please, call me ebo.
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Yeah, but Clarkson and friends are dumpster fires in human form.
    You can do all that cool narration and such without them.
    naw

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Patch Notes for the FH4 Patch coming out the 13th alongside Fortune Island:
    New Features
    Improved Horizon Life Multiplayer Event Sign-Up
    When you create a Multiplayer Event, you can post it to the Activity Panel and return to Freeroam while you wait for players to sign up and join. The previous 40-second limit has been removed, and now you can wait for as long as you like for players to join before you start the session.
    Improved Photo Mode
    We've added more freedom to how you can move and pan the camera, along with bokeh effects and the ability to toggle headlights, drivers, wildlife and crowd characters!
    Cross Platform Fixes
    Emotes can now occasionally be found for purchase in the #Forzathon shop.
    Improved visibility of driving line on mini-map in various colorblind modes.
    Added messaging to inform players that Cars and Credits must be claimed from the Auction House within 60 days.
    Added an LSP error message to make users aware they need an update to the game.
    Seasonal Event names are now shown on the map, making them easier to find.
    Made a change to allow users who use manual gears to view the map during Route Creation.
    Fixed an exploit in Route Creator which allowed players to create routes to easily gain a large number of skill points.
    Fixed an exploit in Rivals which allowed players to use cars that did not meet the event restrictions.
    Fixed an issue where players who flipped cars, or missed checkpoints were not being reset in Ranked Adventure.
    Fixed an issue where players could not remove glasses in the Character Customizer.
    Fixed an issue where players could sometimes get stuck in a Car Mastery Tree, and be unable to navigate from their current tile.
    Fixed an issue where players were occasionally being teleported to their last created Route Blueprint after a Seasonal Championship.
    Fixed an issue where the Distance Driven stat was not updating correctly if the player changed their car via the Pause Menu
    Various stability improvements.
    PC Fixes
    Fixed an issue where benchmark mode for Nvidia cards would sometimes show performance degradation when there was none.
    Fixed an issue where the latest Windows 10 OS was causing a crash when entering speed zones.
    Fixed infrequent frame drops when using AMD Radeon R9 290X
    Improved non-standard functions that have been mapped to a controller.
    Wheel Fixes
    Fixed extreme sudden movements to wheels during initialization.
    Fixed the grinding noise in cockpit view when shifting with the Logitech G920.
    Fixed the deadzones settings functionality for Throttle, Brake, Clutch and Steering.
    Added UI to make it clearer which way to turn the wheel when mapping a Steering Wheel

Expansion is out and from what little I've played (and heard), it's really good. Nice map, nice roads and trails, nice tracks with some good variety so far. Very pretty too, especially with the new weather effects and aurora.

And a note from their last live stream that should interest everyone: Solo Adventure Mode (aka what was is FH3) is coming to FH4 in the January update.

You guys running expansion tracks tonight? I haven't bought it; I don't wanna show up and make you guys "mainland" it if you're all stoked on the new content.

It's the start of my holiday break so I will be online tomorrow, but my GamePass membership has lapsed so I no longer have Horizon 4. If people would like to do some Motorsport tomorrow night I'll be around, but like above, I don't want to keep everyone else from doing what they want to do.

edited December 2018
    Canuckstani sent me this. He thinks someone has been playing FH4 a little too much:

The best part is when you notice the person hit the brakes mid air right before they hit the overpass.

CommunistCow on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish they were just a little slower so they perfectly landed in the tunnel.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    It's amazing how cleanly they hit that ramp, the cars stayed perfectly level.

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Everyone download my Dirt 2 livery.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Fender_BenderFender_Bender MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So I may have been playing FH4 for a little while now...
    wfqubg99tfk5.jpg
    Back from the grave for the win!!!

Fender_Bender on
    XBL: OLDFenderBender Steam: [OLD]FenderBender
    edited January 2019
    Speaking of being back, coming tomorrow for Forza Horizon 4:
    hf0tw06sqfa21.png

Bloodsheed on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Fender_BenderFender_Bender MichiganRegistered User regular
    It was the first thing I did once I could buy any car :D

to be honest, I'm surprised I remembered my login lol

XBL: OLDFenderBender Steam: [OLD]FenderBender
    Alongside the Mitsubishi's for Forza Horizon 4 (which also looks like it brought in some of the livery editor upgrades Motorsport got earlier), Forza Motorsport 7 also had an update today, largely for the final Car Pack of the FM7 Car Pass:
    Barrett-Jackson Car Pass
    https://youtu.be/pyvUrjGDrfA
    1963 Shelby Monaco King Cobra
    1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport Barrett-Jackson Edition
    1975 Ford Bronco Barrett-Jackson Edition
    1932 Ford Custom Double Down
    1932 Ford Roadster Hula Girl
    1959 Plymouth Atomic Punk Bubbletop
    1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible

Things we were talking about in game this week and last:

Spider pig I painted for halloween:
    q7s92ifw0cr8.png
    fl1it4cuxs9j.png

Kid shredding with an accordian

Excellent news, I am no longer working Tuesday or Thursday nights. I do not have horizon, so if anyone is interested in some Motorsport racing let me know and I'll be there.