As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Betrayal League December 7th

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    You definately want to focus on azerite to increase the tank and resistance and light with all your early sulphite. I had a corrupted map in zana. A white one. And it gave me 500. Considering how much of a pain it was to get sulphite in delve ill take a full tank each time I see him any day. Ive just been picking the paths to use it with the most azerite density to start and ive only wasted back to back findings.... and that is because I was just in farming mode and didnt do delve right after seeing him the first time so my fault in the end.

I got to 80 but no money in the bank after upgrades heh. But being poor at the start is nothing new to me. No big drops at all. Got a lab enchant fossil which turned into SRS extra summons but not selling because of the base (full dex).

Lancing Steel bleed explosions glad feels like sunder starter in power and tankiness but with more aoe so its ok so far in my book. Don't see myself taking on shaper with it so no problems there.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Is there a decent damage calculation tool?

I just want to get an idea of which nodes/stats might be more worth going for but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the modifiers layer and which ones check for what when converting and I'm hoping somebody else has just done it for me already so I can stop fiddling with excel while staring at the damage conversion page on the wiki

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I use Path of Building and love it to death. It's the only way to figure out that your support gems are absolute trash.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    snakepit makes both freezing pulse and ice spear chain rather than pierce

this fookin rulez

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Is there a decent damage calculation tool?

I just want to get an idea of which nodes/stats might be more worth going for but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the modifiers layer and which ones check for what when converting and I'm hoping somebody else has just done it for me already so I can stop fiddling with excel while staring at the damage conversion page on the wiki

Definitely path of building

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

this fookin rulez

Wait it overrides Always Pierce modifiers?

That seems very intriguing

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

this fookin rulez

Never/Cannot is a higher priority than Always, iirc.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

this fookin rulez

here is what it looks like

works on frostbolt too but im just using a random 5l and i prefer fp because it looks sweg

https://youtu.be/22FecllCwQ4

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

this fookin rulez

Never/Cannot is a higher priority than Always, iirc.

I understood that part (like using RT and Trypanon doesn't work) it just seems like certain skills are coded so that they can only pierce. Snakepit overriding that is really interesting

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    it works on unearth too

CHAIN UNEARTH BABY

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Fucking ow , it that fled hits like a truck . What the fuck did it flee from?

• Options
    Fucking ow , it that fled hits like a truck . What the fuck did it flee from?

i think its meant to be a breach mob or entity as it has the same naming scheme as eg "it that reaches" or "it of tul" and it looks pretty creeperino

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    They must have made Prime Resonators way more common; they're only 11-12c right now

• Options
    I mean they are no longer needed to be extra rare to be gatekeepers for challenge so makes sense.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Oh god, there were Solstice Vigils for 60c yesterday, and now they're 3ex

when the fuck did that happen =/ I thought as more people killed Shaper they'd be more common, not more expensive. Fuck. Really missed the boat on that one.

Edit: This is weird; there's hardly any listed right now and there were tons yesterday. I wonder if someone bought them all up?

Rius on
  • Options
    Yeah that reeks of the normal market cornering/fixing that happens with the market systems they have in place every league... they are all up for 1ex and up now so might be settling a bit lower.

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping that essence worm comes down. Last time I looked they were 48c.

I'm also wanting a Loreweave ... How realistic is it to buy the rings. I see most unique rings for 1c, is that real or price fixing? A Loreweave is like 1.5-2ex at a minimum, so it seems like a good way to make a profit.

• Options
    it works on unearth too

CHAIN UNEARTH BABY

What did you do to ice spear to make it instant second form??

• Options
    Oh hell, somehow I was searching on Standard. Thank fucking goodness. I wouldn't mind paying 1ex for one.

• Options
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that essence worm comes down. Last time I looked they were 48c.

I'm also wanting a Loreweave ... How realistic is it to buy the rings. I see most unique rings for 1c, is that real or price fixing? A Loreweave is like 1.5-2ex at a minimum, so it seems like a good way to make a profit.

It works with any unique rings so you can try to snipe some from poe.trade over a span of time. It is still early in the league though so competition will be tight.

Essence worm usually drops pretty fast. Its not that rare of a ring and not many builds use it.

• Options
    Essence Worm is always really expensive at league start because it's super handy for the builds that can kill Shaper/Uber Elder in the first few days

Once that craziness dies down you'll be able to get one for a fraction of the cost

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »

It works with any unique rings so you can try to snipe some from poe.trade over a span of time. It is still early in the league though so competition will be tight.

Essence worm usually drops pretty fast. Its not that rare of a ring and not many builds use it.

Cool, I think the last essence worm I bought was less than 5c.

Well if anyone comes across garbage unique rings, I'll happily pay 1c for them. Or whatever is appropriate, that seems to be the current rate for one.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Yeah, I sold my early Essence Worm for a decent 6 link and some extra currency because I know the price is going to plummet in a week or two. And I'm not going to be needing the ring before then.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    That new Hyperboreus belt looks awesome for Winter Orb/any cold shenanigans. Too bad there were only two up last night and they had no pricing.

Characters
  • Options
    Koreg wrote: »
    it works on unearth too

CHAIN UNEARTH BABY

What did you do to ice spear to make it instant second form??

nothing, maybe just lots of projectile speed?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    That could have been it. From the video it looked like they instantly armed. But it could be that the first form pierced and then activated no matter what.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Are you using a CoC setup there? It's kinda hard to tell what's going on.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Are you using a CoC setup there? It's kinda hard to tell what's going on.

coc lancing steel

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Does CoC work with attacks or is it just spells?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    CoC works by casting a spell off of an attack crit.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    hi its me

the guy buying up all the ilvl 75+ veiled shields

its me

i have a problem

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I have to say the one thing im not really happy with is Haku model and voice changes. Otherwise about as solid a patch as you could hope for.

• Options
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2263946

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlGOtL6CY4s

Oh man, this kind of russles my jimmies a bit. Only a teeny tiny bit, but still, jimmies rustled. Now you can buy... well, not nothing, but you can buy the absence of a thing. At least it's only $5?

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    hi its me

the guy buying up all the ilvl 75+ veiled shields

its me

i have a problem

Sir, SIR, put the totems down sir. Put the totems down and step away from Jun with your hands up.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    God work, hurry up so I can go map

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I think it says something that niko of all people thinks einhar is crazy and should bathe more. But einhar is still the funnest of the masters.

• Options
    Servers, take my energy

Characters
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular

Not sure if it was scheduled or not but game isn't working and forums seem to be down for maintenance.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Seg wrote: »

Not sure if it was scheduled or not but game isn't working and forums seem to be down for maintenance.

They were obviously waiting for @jungleroomx to get off of work before exploding the servers

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    There was a misconfiguration on one of the servers according to Chris.

Characters
This discussion has been closed.