As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I intentionally waited so I could start the sniper frame ASAP when I get around to unlocking it

Big thankies Mcbungo

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Dawning seems fun but why the hell are my spare ballistics logs gone?

Post on Reddit says apparently they don't transfer over week-to-week :rotate:

Nope, Bungie never told anyone
    This is an example of one of those situations where my group just laughingly goes "Why do we play this again?"

We KNOW why, but....yeah.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Toasticus wrote: »
    I don't follow. The main point of the powerful frames is the gear level increase. If you care about the frame itself from week to week, e.g. "I want a shotgun," that's exactly what the non-powerful versions are for. "I don't care about my gear level this week but I will next week" isn't processing for me.

you might have a frame for a energy weapon and energy might be your highest level slot at that point in time.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I don't follow. The main point of the powerful frames is the gear level increase. If you care about the frame itself from week to week, e.g. "I want a shotgun," that's exactly what the non-powerful versions are for. "I don't care about my gear level this week but I will next week" isn't processing for me.

you might have a frame for a energy weapon and energy might be your highest level slot at that point in time.

Sure, and then next week your choices might be an energy weapon and a kinetic instead of an energy weapon and a heavy, like just happened this week.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    You should be able to "borrow" from weeks where you DO have time but DON'T want the frames on the weeks where you DON'T have time but DO want the frames

Temporal Value Agent Daniels does not approve of you breaking time like that

main-qimg-3ebb4a898d08bfd7bf4b6ffb7bfa5395-c

ObiFett on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    My issue is that I had time to finish a weekly bounty or time to try to finish the weapon frame I had but not both. Had I known one of those was literally worthless effort I would have made different choices.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Right so if energy and heavy were you highest slots it would have made sense to wait

Not if you have interest in getting the weekly powerful armor drop, which you get immediately after turning in the two powerful weapons for the week.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    If their goal was to have two weekly bounties which reward a currency item that can be spent this week only on one of two items that are only available this week I'm not sure why they didn't just make the bounties reward the frames... I guess to make you walk to Ada-1 an extra time?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    F O R T H E H O B B Y

Probably because they wanted to push the one-frame-at-a-time thing, which wouldn't work with the way they let you turn in bounties whenever you like.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    From the previous thread:
    Apparently my hunter has commissioned a new sparrow from Holliday inspired by the graceful profile of a shake weight.

ndbpx3yivbav.jpg

Dude I got this sparrow a few weeks ago. I love how fucking dumb it looks.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    LOL. I would not have gone straight away to shake weight, but now that I've seen it I can't unsee it.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    If I bought the frame do I keep
    That?

616610-1.png
    Yep!

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Yep!

Unless you complete a Forge Ignition at a Forge other than intended for that weapon :rotate:

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    That bug is completely unrelated to weekly resets, but yeah, watch out for that.

IIRC it's specifically for having a weapon frame already in your inventory when you finish the Gofannon (second Forge) quest chain, which drops another weapon frame, causing you two have two at once.

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I gotta admit, being the single guy in the entirety of D2 without Thunderlord is starting to wear down my enthusiasm for playing.

Almost all group content I've seen so far Thunderlord is so dominant that I feel like a wasted instance slot for not having it.

Public events usually have at least one or two people there mowing down everything with it before I can get more than a shot or two off, strikes I can go full sweat mode and still would never have nearly as many kills as a dude who pops Thunderlord out for add waves, etc etc.

If I didn't have specific people I play the game with every night this is probably the point I'd just stop logging in to destiny and I've only been back three weeks! I'm used to not having the specific meta weapons but I don't know that I've ever seen a weapon so dominant since Gjallarhorn and at least that was mostly used on bosses. I feel guilty when I queue into things because I know that no matter how I play I probably won't be as useful as a guy with that specific weapon.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I hope it comes back. Limited time events for exotics feels poopy. I got lucky because I happened to come back with about a week left for the quest so I was able to bang it out pretty quick.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I hope it comes back. Limited time events for exotics feels poopy. I got lucky because I happened to come back with about a week left for the quest so I was able to bang it out pretty quick.

It's in the general exotic pool now

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Thunderlord is rad, but I'm not sure it's that much better than other awesome options in the slot, nor that much better than a well-rolled Hammerhead.

Yeah, I feel like they shouldn't have had a cutoff point for getting the Thunderlord quest chain done. It's a cool quest anyway, and like you said Thunderlord is quite good.

If it's any consolation, Thunderlord's prevalence is more from being an easy-to-use gun that's good in just about every situation (strikes, raid, crucible, gambit), rather than being a "use this or don't bother" situation. Queenbreaker is the meta monster for Gambit right now, there's a good handful of strong power weapons for the various raids and nightfall strikes, and Crucible has had a decent variety for a while tho One Thousand Voices is probably tops. There's also the fact that a lot of players haven't gotten the legendary machinegun from the first forge yet, which a lot of people will end up toting around instead of Thunderlord so they can use an exotic energy or kinetic weapon.

For the new Forges, or at least Volundr, people have found that Whisper of the Worm is actually the best option because of the extra difficulty from leveling. Thunderlord tends to run out of ammo well before the boss is dead.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

Sure, and then next week your choices might be an energy weapon and a kinetic instead of an energy weapon and a heavy, like just happened this week.

For me it was because I finished the weekly really, really late last night and knew I wouldn't have time to do the weapon AND I knew the hand cannon frame was coming today - so I assumed I could hold on to it and just get started on the hand cannon more quickly.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    edited December 2018
    metaghost wrote: »
    Thunderlord is rad, but I'm not sure it's that much better than other awesome options in the slot, nor that much better than a well-rolled Hammerhead.

I've seen a bunch of people say this but I think the zappy bois add quite a lot of damage. I think it's DPS is way better than Sleeper too. I haven't run the numbers but I think the only heavy that can out damage it is whisper

DodgeBlan on

squall99x wrote: »

For me it was because I finished the weekly really, really late last night and knew I wouldn't have time to do the weapon AND I knew the hand cannon frame was coming today - so I assumed I could hold on to it and just get started on the hand cannon more quickly.

That makes sense. I'm with you guys that Bungie should have either made it VERY clear that those report items don't carry over from week to week, or just go ahead and not wipe them. It's a dumb oversight on their part. Be nice if we could just go right into working on the new guns right from the reset, honestly.

I just wanted to go over the way the Black Armory rewards system actually does work so people didn't feel like they suddenly got screwed out of a powerful reward, which is all those reports are for. Even if you did keep your ballistics reports, the powerful gear drops (and thus armor item) that you didn't grab last week are gone forever either way.

I've seen a bunch of people say this but I think the zappy bois add quite a lot of damage. I think it's DPS is way better than Sleeper too. I haven't run the numbers but I think the only heavy that can out damage it is whisper

Whisper is lower DPS but can eventually outdamage it because of the ammo-return perk, which is why Whisper is tops in Forge right now. I haven't seen much of the new raid yet, but I can confirm that for Last Wish raid Thunderlord is outclassed by others during the DPS-check encounters. It's fine, nobody (should) kick you for using it, but it's not the tippy-top min-maxingest.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    As a heads up for Crucible folks, if you have a Cerberus+1 and you hate shotgun opponents, you owe it to yourself to try out Cerberus as the shotgun counter.

The range at which Cerberus is most effective is just outside of shotgun OHKO range, basically like a year 1 SMG. So what you do is you try to bait people out, then start backpeddling and holding down the trigger and often shotgunners will get deleted quickly.

It's not just shotguns, it's the most effective midrange primary I've used in the game. You really do need to be pretty close for it to work but I've been having a great time with it in the last few days.

What range would it be better than side arms and or Luna at?

I feel like there’s not a big range where I feel too far for sidearm and too close for Luna

Or is this discounting the OPness of Luna,

I'm not going to say it's ever better than Luna, but I don't have one to compare. I will say it can be as dominant in the same range, especially because hitting crits isn't as important. It's also almost impossible to dodge, strafing and fucking don't work, and will do stuff like take a towering barricade down in less than a full magazine and laugh at a warlock in a rift. It's pretty damn idiot proof and I should know.

I'm going to pair it with a bow tonight to see how that goes. It only just occurred to me that there's no reason to try to hit crits in PvP with a subtle calamity because it's a two body shot kill, so with this loadout I barely have to aim and that suits me fine.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Absolutely disgusting.

8d296fe1-d547-4a8c-a648-aad8478bdbd7_Thumbnail.PNG

smCQ5WE.jpg

It's in the general exotic pool now

Oh ok. That’s great.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Absolutely disgusting.

8d296fe1-d547-4a8c-a648-aad8478bdbd7_Thumbnail.PNG

That's a sweet emblem!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    As a heads up for Crucible folks, if you have a Cerberus+1 and you hate shotgun opponents, you owe it to yourself to try out Cerberus as the shotgun counter.

The range at which Cerberus is most effective is just outside of shotgun OHKO range, basically like a year 1 SMG. So what you do is you try to bait people out, then start backpeddling and holding down the trigger and often shotgunners will get deleted quickly.

It's not just shotguns, it's the most effective midrange primary I've used in the game. You really do need to be pretty close for it to work but I've been having a great time with it in the last few days.

What range would it be better than side arms and or Luna at?

I feel like there’s not a big range where I feel too far for sidearm and too close for Luna

Or is this discounting the OPness of Luna,

I'm not going to say it's ever better than Luna, but I don't have one to compare. I will say it can be as dominant in the same range, especially because hitting crits isn't as important. It's also almost impossible to dodge, strafing and fucking don't work, and will do stuff like take a towering barricade down in less than a full magazine and laugh at a warlock in a rift. It's pretty damn idiot proof and I should know.

I'm going to pair it with a bow tonight to see how that goes. It only just occurred to me that there's no reason to try to hit crits in PvP with a subtle calamity because it's a two body shot kill, so with this loadout I barely have to aim and that suits me fine.

I rock Tyranny of Heaven with it and that works pretty well. Bow and AR seem to make a good pair. I still want to see a full fireteam of like all Wishender though for maximum teamfire murder.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Anyone want to round up for a raid Last Wish tonight (or have a raid spot open)? I wants to see it!

Also up to 617 LL, despite a few powerful drops giving me items below the LL of the slot they are...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    I seem to have hit that 550 wall where everything increases in tiny increments. Is there anywhere I can go to get bigger gear boosts. And maybe a different armor set besides the same three ugly ones?

And I mean other than the raid. I know that’s kind of limiting but I’m never going to have time or energy to do it. But I don’t see the point of playing this game if I can’t get to the new content until Jjly or something.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Thunderlord is better at clearing groups, but for a single target, Sleeper and Whisper do better DPS.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    For those going in the raid blind, I'd say 625+ is in a doable range for the first encounter. I took my 628 hunter just to do that bit, and while I felt squishy I did just fine timing my abilities and occasionally leaning on heavy to survive while doing the things.

Maybe you could be even lower, but I wouldn’t really know.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    It is finally finished.

23f51r10z0l6.png

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Whisper is lower DPS but can eventually outdamage it because of the ammo-return perk, which is why Whisper is tops in Forge right now. I haven't seen much of the new raid yet, but I can confirm that for Last Wish raid Thunderlord is outclassed by others during the DPS-check encounters. It's fine, nobody (should) kick you for using it, but it's not the tippy-top min-maxingest.

Yeah, like, the only encounter in Last Wish I'd use Thunderlord on for sure is the first. After that it's all about the EP shotgun meta till the last boss and then it's cluster-rockets time.

I know there was a thing right after it dropped where people were all "OMG, look at the damage!" but my Bad Omens still just takes it out behind the woodshed and tells it to look at the sky and know that Jesus loves it so much he wants to meet right now.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I’d take the new MG over Thunderlord most days, you still have an exotic slot open then.

Also my MG (with 1 MG reserves) has 287 rounds, think Thunderlord caps out at less than half of that?

Sirialis on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Does anyone else constantly want to read it as "Dregden?"

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I’d take the new MG over Thunderlord most days, you still have an exotic slot open then.

Also my MG (with 1 MG reserves) has 287 rounds, think Thunderlord caps out at less than half of that?

Thunderlord is 220 rounds baseline. I think it's like 256 or there about with 1 perk.

One of my MG drops from starting the forge quest dropped with rampage and let me tell you that shit is bananas. I was doing the Dreaming City weekly quest with it, the one where you end up down near the skull vendors and gotta kill the giant meatball at the end. The boss spawns with 3 psions or thrall or something, so I give them a tap each and then hit the boss with 3xrampage MG and the thing melted about as fast as it did when I used the new Warlock arc super with geomags.

It just destroys shit and is surprisingly ammo efficient compared to basically any other power weapon I can think of.