As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    One of my raid mates got an MG with Feeding Frenzy and Rampage... So jealous.

I mean my 113 rounds in the mag AA MG is fun too but... Guess I'll do a lot of MG frames which I cant even pick up this week? Terrible.

Tap the Trigger turns the MG into a scout rifle.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I haven’t got around to forging the hand cannon. How is it?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    How long will the Dawning stay for?

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Anyone want to round up for a raid Last Wish tonight (or have a raid spot open)? I wants to see it!

Also up to 617 LL, despite a few powerful drops giving me items below the LL of the slot they are...

I would be down later but I usually just do pickup groups or LFG. Still, if we can make a run happen I would join. And if we have mostly PA people could maybe actually do a legit Riven since I would like to do that sometime.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    How long will the Dawning stay for?

Until January 1 reset.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Anyone want to round up for a raid Last Wish tonight (or have a raid spot open)? I wants to see it!

Also up to 617 LL, despite a few powerful drops giving me items below the LL of the slot they are...

I would be down later but I usually just do pickup groups or LFG. Still, if we can make a run happen I would join. And if we have mostly PA people could maybe actually do a legit Riven since I would like to do that sometime.

If it’s a good time for me (aka not this week), I’ll join. And I’m always down for doing legit Riven.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    All this crazy pve stuff that I’ve not managed to do because I’m still slogging away at the competitive playlist. 😕

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Bungie added this fun new PvE play mode that I was trying out tonight, it's called "Guess If You Exist And Also What's The Error Code Going To Be!"

The Ghost Forge was neat, I got to watch the first round timer tick away in an empty nether realm of loneliness. The other two managed to beat round one without me.

But the RNG on the error codes is just too much, it's basically impossible to guess which one will actually send you to orbit, so there's almost no point in trying. You don't even get any activity specific bounties to try and complete!

Overall, 6.5/10, would not play again.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Doods. The Dawning heavy machine gun is rad.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Doods. The Dawning heavy machine gun is rad.

Got one with Feeding Frenzy and Rampage and it absolutely shreds. I definitely recommend a counterbalance mod for it, though. The reticle bounces all over the place while ADS otherwise. I’ll probably continue using hammerhead for gambit, it’s hard to argue with the range on it, but for Strikes and Crucible I’ll definitely be using the Avalanche.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I don't know. I got the snowball ghost with the hot chocolate projection, so I think I've won the dawning.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    High five is back and this time you don't have to acquire a new player within days of them starting to earn it. Yay.

• Options
    I was doing the edz flashpoint roundabout and Avalanche quickly proved itself. I'm looking forward to the armory hmg.

High fives, as well, are great. That expectant pointing demands I join in.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I don't know how you guys are talking about the Avalanche without mentioning that it's cutest little machine gun ever.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    It alternates between barrels while firing! That's not cute, that's all business!

Pew pew pew.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Gofannon forge finally ignited in a last second effort. Sniper rifle acquired, and a Ballistics Log wasted because Bungie.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    TkenTken post-CSL January 2012 Partycraft 6th Place Winner Registered User regular
    New player here, just hit 514 light. Other than doing daily/weeklies and any activity that rewards Powerful gear, what should I focus on? Is it worth completing the milestones that only reward stuff like planet resources?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

It's a fine option, but admittedly I have a soft spot for hand cannons. Fire rate and impact feel nice and it seems to pack a punch, less recoil than Nation of Beasts. Still, I prefer NoB/Ace/Malfeasance. At first blush, doesn't seem bonkers but doesn't seem weak.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular

If it’s a good time for me (aka not this week), I’ll join. And I’m always down for doing legit Riven.

I'd also be down to join if we can work out schedules. Also interested in a legit Riven encounter.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    I’d pay to skip the Nessus forge quest.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Tken wrote: »
    New player here, just hit 514 light. Other than doing daily/weeklies and any activity that rewards Powerful gear, what should I focus on? Is it worth completing the milestones that only reward stuff like planet resources?

You mean the bounties? Or the adventures?

Bounties are worth completing while doing other stuff to get more glimmer if you need it.

In general it's good to have a nice stockpile of mats available.

shryke on
  • Options
    TkenTken post-CSL January 2012 Partycraft 6th Place Winner Registered User regular
    Yeah I just noticed that you need planet-specific mats for infusing. I guess I should have been saving those, but my character is young yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    SuperRuper wrote: »

It's a fine option, but admittedly I have a soft spot for hand cannons. Fire rate and impact feel nice and it seems to pack a punch, less recoil than Nation of Beasts. Still, I prefer NoB/Ace/Malfeasance. At first blush, doesn't seem bonkers but doesn't seem weak.

It suffers from what a lot of energy hand cannons suffer from - the feedback you receive make it seem like it isn't hitting as hard as it is. Truth fixes that by making that outrageously loud firing sound.

It's the same archetype as a Better Devils so that should give you the rough idea of what you are working with. The thing that potentially makes it interesting is that it has barrel mods and not sights and its supposed "curated" roll which includes Kill Clip AND Rampage. Which means you can have a constant damage bonus rolling in PvE and the potentially have both up at the same time. It makes for a potentially interesting niche gun in PvP which could lead to two taps - especially if you have the rampage mod that makes it stay up a little longer to get the overlap.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Tken wrote: »

You mean the bounties? Or the adventures?

Bounties are worth completing while doing other stuff to get more glimmer if you need it.

In general it's good to have a nice stockpile of mats available.

I suspect he's talking about stuff like the old adventures/quests like "O Captain, My Captain".

They're generally fun, well written and also thoroughly unrewarding at this point. For the gainz, no. For enjoyment and entertainment I would. Once.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I woke up today curious about what Destiny 3 will be like and if I'll care.

Personal space ships will finally be a thing, yes?!

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Destiny 3 will go back to it's roots and be a HD re-release of D1

Fans everywhere are outraged into a hype-coma that unravels time itself

Time Paradox emote available for 1000 silver

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Or Anthem is good and they go play that.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Anthem's core gameplay is very very good. And if they can surround it with good systems like itemization, endgame, levelling, etc, then it will probably surpass Destiny as my go-to loot based rpg.

But it not having PvP means that it will never overtake Destiny.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    edit: nvm I went and checked the actual thread instead of Kibler Googling in here.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

Anthem's core gameplay is very very good.
    And if they can surround it with good systems like itemization, endgame, levelling, etc, then it will probably surpass Destiny as my go-to loot based rpg.

Is/was there an open beta? I'm intrigued by Anthem but their reveals have all been...lackluster.

There was a closed Alpha.

In Destiny news. Here's NATBurn's first attempt at Petra's run! Warning, its a very long twitch video, and we may or may not have done it on our very first attempt:

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Anthem's core gameplay is very very good.
    And if they can surround it with good systems like itemization, endgame, levelling, etc, then it will probably surpass Destiny as my go-to loot based rpg.

Is/was there an open beta? I'm intrigued by Anthem but their reveals have all been...lackluster.

There was a closed Alpha.

In Destiny news. Here's NATBurn's first attempt at Petra's run! Warning, its a very long twitch video, and we may or may not have done it on our very first attempt:
    Impressive!
    You managed to wipe in less time than it takes to input the code. :)

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    SuperRuper wrote: »

It suffers from what a lot of energy hand cannons suffer from - the feedback you receive make it seem like it isn't hitting as hard as it is. Truth fixes that by making that outrageously loud firing sound.

It's the same archetype as a Better Devils so that should give you the rough idea of what you are working with. The thing that potentially makes it interesting is that it has barrel mods and not sights and its supposed "curated" roll which includes Kill Clip AND Rampage. Which means you can have a constant damage bonus rolling in PvE and the potentially have both up at the same time. It makes for a potentially interesting niche gun in PvP which could lead to two taps - especially if you have the rampage mod that makes it stay up a little longer to get the overlap.

I think it's a tough sell to use any energy HC that's not Trust or LH (for PvP, at least). It may be nice to have if the sandbox ever shifts things away from the 180 archetype, though.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Anthem's core gameplay is very very good. And if they can surround it with good systems like itemization, endgame, levelling, etc, then it will probably surpass Destiny as my go-to loot based rpg.

It's EA, fuckery is a certainty.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Important note about The Dawning and its Triumphs: You need to bake a BURNT EDGE TRANSIT before you complete all the other recipes and masterwork your oven. Once you MW the oven, you can only choose from the known recipes and will NOT be able to make a Burnt Edge Transit, rendering the Triumph for doing so uncompletable.

EDIT:
    Speaking with the team:

Intent was for players to experiment with recipes, to slowly uncover the appropriate ingredients for each cookie. It was understood that some players would wait for a full list to be posted to reddit or other, and there was a desire to reward those who tried new things without fear.

As such, the Burnt Edge Transit came to be, with it's associated triumph. The triumph is hidden and has no point value, which was a conscious decision knowing that some players may not obtain it when following community curated cookbooks.

I'll pass feedback along that some of you are unable to unlock the triumph - but at this time, this is not preventing players from obtaining any specific rewards. Only the triumph itself.

Cheers!

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    My Ascendant Challenge PR was a Borealis, which I didn't have...but at 2 LL lower than my best special, so once again no upgrade.
    It would've been an upgrade in literally any other slot but special!

• Options
    My Ascendant Challenge PR was a Borealis, which I didn't have...but at 2 LL lower than my best special, so once again no upgrade.

The Forge is overloading everyone's Energy slot. Three out of the four available frames are Energy, not a single Kinetic.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    So how do I make a burnt edge transit?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    So how do I make a burnt edge transit?

Any combination of items that doesn't produce another cookie will produce a BET. An example based on what I have the most of: Taken Butter + Bullet Spray will yield a BET.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Vagabond wrote: »

The Forge is overloading everyone's Energy slot. Three out of the four available frames are Energy, not a single Kinetic.

Isn't the hand cannon frame this week kinetic?

edit: Ah, they have two different BA handcannons. The powerful frame one is an energy slot, gotcha. I'd gotten the Kinetic BA handcannon as a random drop before so I thought the powerful frame would be that one.

Toasticus on
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Toasticus wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »

Isn't the hand cannon frame this week kinetic?

edit: Ah, they have two different BA handcannons. The powerful frame one is an energy slot, gotcha. I'd gotten the Kinetic BA handcannon as a random drop before so I thought the powerful frame would be that one.

Any of the BA weapons you get as random drops can't be forged - those are specific named weapons. So anything you get as a random drop from the forge is something, that at the moment, is not possible to make from a frame.

oHqYBTXm.jpg