As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Plays [Gloomhaven]!: Gloomhaven Gaiden Alpha Ulta

ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
edited February 2019 in Critical Failures
uqu07tnu3935.png

Come one; come all! The distant town of Gloomhaven has need of callous, money-grubbing mercenaries adventurers! Face danger in the darkness and come home a better man woman rat-thing! Gently backstab your friends - or maybe just ignore their cries for help for a bit so you can grab that sweet loot! Discover lost treasures, foul monsters, and the finest hive of scum and villainy since a galaxy far, far away!

The G&T forum's been running some more-or-less weekly Tabletop Simulator Nights, and there's been some interest in getting a Gloomhaven group together. This here's a place to keep track of our adventures.

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, HERE BE UNMARKED SPOILERS FOR THE GAME OF GLOOMHAVEN; stop reading now if you want to avoid them.

To enter your availability, use this When2Meet poll set up by our very own KoopahTroopah.

Elvenshae on

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Being a Map of Gloomhaven and Its Environs
    (Updated for 9 Jan 2019)

04zq8s7ng3jy.jpg

Being a Map of Gloomhaven and Its Immediate Surrounds
    eoryoi8cyg0p.jpg

Being a Map of the Moste Dangerous Dagger Forest
    oew2iczdbk8j.jpg

Elvenshae on
    edited February 2019
    The Honorable Guilde
    (Updated for 30 Jan 2019)
    ij29ibbp2mvg.jpg

The Members of the Guilde of "Nice Guys"
    (Updated for 30 Jan 2019)

Balrox, The Brute
    8c2jnzmwxn94.jpg

Ianna, The Tinkerer
    agntag1wa5t0.jpg

Koopah, The Scoundrel
    fx5mkbtycdmo.jpg

Lou, The Cragheart
    a2h5hvgipz6h.jpg

Orchid, The Spellweaver
    sczbm81nvk32.png

Elvenshae on
    edited March 2019
    Beinge a Recorde of the Adventures Undertaken by the Guilde
    • The Assault of the Black Barrow (Black Barrow (1), 26 Dec 2018) (Success)
    • The Defeat of the Vicious Bandit Lord (Barrow Lair (2), 9 Jan 2019) (Success)
    • Getting Eaten by Cheating Demons (Temple of the Eclipse (81), 30 Jan 2019) (Defeated)
    • Return to the Barrow Lair (Barrow Lair (2), 27 Feb 2019) (Success)
    • Cleansing the Well of the Unfortunate (Well of the Unfortunate (69), 7 March 2019) (Success)

Elvenshae on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Thanks Shae, get us goin my dude, you forgot the when 2 meet url in the OP.

I thought the When2Meet would automatically update to your local timezone, but maybe not?. I'm going to remake it and get rid of the early times anyway since it seems that everyone wants to start in the evening. Please re-add your availability under the Eastern Standard Timezone (GMT-5).

https://www.when2meet.com/?7364546-dmIzZ

@Ianator
    @Elvenshae
    @Auralynx
    @RickRude
    @Sir Carcass

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    It might convert timezones, I don't know. I put my time in as 8 to 11 EST, so if it's showing up as something else, let me know and I can fix it.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    A reminder that while I'm happy to participate, I'd rather get out of the way of anyone who doesn't themselves own the game on any given night!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Finally posting and filling out that thing.

Ok, filled it out, I'm available extra times depending on the week as my girflfriend works diffrent days, but couldn't commit. For example sundays. Sometimes we watch WWE PPV's, those happen once a month. Sometimes the family is watching a football game. But I cna't hard commit to an every sunday. Same thing with thursday. If my GF is off work we go out. If she's not, I'm sitting around doing nothing.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Interested

Added my availability

I was just thinking, another thing we need to figure out who is going to host/run this thing. I've played it a little bit online before my group fell apart, and everyone can help with upkeep, but one person is probably going to end up with the bulk of game maintenance.

edited December 2018
    I was planning on hosting this week's, at least. The saved games can be tossed up on a Google Drive so people can download them and play separately. I'm not 100% sure how the app would handle multiple parties, but we've basically got enough interest (at the start, anyway) to do that.

Speaking of which, it looks like we've got a quorum for Wednesday night, this week, from ~2100 to 2300 Eastern. Based on past experiences, that's enough to basically power through the first scenario.
    • Elvenshae
    • Sir Carcass
    • Ianator
    • KoopahTroopah

So who wants be in the first group?

Elvenshae on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm down, and I can go longer this session and maybe next if needed since I'm on vacation.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Count me in! Just lemme find some kind of scheduler to remind me that it's time...

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I want to play, but I might be a little late this week. Holiday get together with some friends at 1730 Eastern. I should be able to make it back in time so, count me in!

Alright! We got our four for this evening!

This team has a good schedule too, we can do Mondays from 2100 to 2300 as well if we didn't want to clog the Weekly Wednesday night slot.

Rick Rude actually messaged me about getting a group together in the first place, were we able to go to 5 people instead of 4? or does it cap out at 4.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Caps at 4. I can stop in and help out getting the ball rolling but not play - I've got HR paperwork I need to get done anyhow.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I have a new mic arriving today (Blue Snowball iCE), so I might have to fiddle with it a bit when we're in Discord. I haven't really heard any complaints about my old one (a cheap clip-on mic), but things should sound better from my end.

edited December 2018
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Caps at 4. I can stop in and help out getting the ball rolling but not play - I've got HR paperwork I need to get done anyhow.

Dang, oh well. Maybe he can get in the next one.
    I have a new mic arriving today (Blue Snowball iCE), so I might have to fiddle with it a bit when we're in Discord. I haven't really heard any complaints about my old one (a cheap clip-on mic), but things should sound better from my end.

About that, do we have a discord setup or would we just use the default PA one? (https://discord.gg/DQCxuQr)

KoopahTroopah on

About that, do we have a discord setup or would we just use the default PA one? (https://discord.gg/DQCxuQr)

Cuurently we've just been using an empty Game On channel in the default one. I wonder if we should set up a dedicated TTS channel since this seems to be a semi-regular thing for the moment. Is that even an option?

I should point out you can rotate people in and out on the basis of availability. They'll just need to make individual characters. There's no reason you can't even use the same ones but with different people playing different individuals with their own inventories / upgrades.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Oh sick, so maybe we can run some characters solo if we fall behind? Or is that too difficult to do?

edited December 2018
    Oh sick, so maybe we can run some characters solo if we fall behind? Or is that too difficult to do?

Not wise except for the solo challenge missions he put on BGG. 2-manning something from another branch or repeats is fine.

There's also the random scenarios but I don't know if TTS handles them.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Not wise except for the solo challenge missions he put on BGG. 2-manning something from another branch or repeats is fine.

There's also the random scenarios but I don't know if TTS handles them.

TTS doesn't "handle them" natively, I don't think, but it does have all of the random monster and room cards, so you can create your own. It's just a bit more book-keeping - though, honestly, the first time I played TTS Gloomhaven I ended up doing most of the book-keeping manually anyway due to incompetence. :D

edited December 2018
    It's cool, same thing happened on steam. Started a few threads about getting a group together, other people started groups from it, and the one I was in before that fell apart as the guy hated playing with me as it turned out. Not like I'm the person who suggested we actually talk about times and scheduling this instead of talking about it.

I'm just no meant to play this game. Good luck all.

RickRude on
    You know we can multiple groups, right, @RickRude ? We should, that way when inevitably people drop out, there’s enough to keep going.

When that second group starts I'll puke sparkles and shit rainbows. But like I said, good luck.

Rick Rude actually messaged me about getting a group together in the first place, were we able to go to 5 people instead of 4? or does it cap out at 4.

And mentioned it in the original tts thread about organizing times and being real, but who remember or cares about that.

I think I even said I could do wedsnedays. Have fun

Hey man, I'm willing to do an additional group with you still. I would just need to know when you would want to do it.

@Elvenshae when we play tonight, which mod will we be using for TTS?

I'll let @RickRude take my spot, since I initially said I wanted to be an alternate.

@KoopahTroopah

I’ll post a direct link later, but it’s called something like Gloomhaven Fully Scripted Fantasy Setup.

Thanks, @Sir Carcass !

Let us know if you’re joining tonight, @RickRude !

I might spectate for a bit, because I am curious about the game.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    If we're still on for tonight, give a shout out in the PA Discord general chat. I'mma make dinner right now so I can be good if we're playing.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Hey, guys. I need to wave off tonight.
    My wife got a probable diagnosis of skin cancer tonight. You know, early, super operable, waiting for the biopsy to come back anyway so it might not even be cancerous, etc., but the dermatologist was basically certain it’s cancer.

So, uh, yeah. I’ll be dealing with that tonight.

Maybe kick off the second group tomorrow?

Shit, man. Take care over there.

I have other engagements on Thursday nights that will likely keep me out too late for you East timezone folk.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Hey, guys. I need to wave off tonight.
    My wife got a probable diagnosis of skin cancer tonight. You know, early, super operable, waiting for the biopsy to come back anyway so it might not even be cancerous, etc., but the dermatologist was basically certain it’s cancer.

So, uh, yeah. I’ll be dealing with that tonight.

Maybe kick off the second group tomorrow?

Holy shit dude, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out.