As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile]Betrayal League December 7th

19495969798100»

• Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    Noggin wrote: »
    I saw that I could get a unique item from Einhar's arena but got a useless one. Is there something I should do it with it, or do I just sell it to a vendor?

You can always check the price on poe.trade . If it is less than a c then I usually just vendor it or because it is still early in the league, I will drop it in the gbank in case it's handy for someone leveling.

I like to keep a few useless uniques in stash just in case I get the 5-for-1 prophecy.

Ooo, good to know. Prophecies are a really cool idea, but the only one I got so far was "you will use orb of transmutation on boots and get movement speed."

Thats a good idea. To be honest, I usually trade my silver coins for chaos.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Seg wrote: »
    God work, hurry up so I can go map

Not sure if it was scheduled or not but game isn't working and forums seem to be down for maintenance.

They were obviously waiting for jungleroomx to get off of work before exploding the servers

Servers are up!

*Randymarshinfrontofpc.jpg*

jungleroomx on
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Switched to Xbox after my hands gave out on PC. Winter Orb was great but went Arc Mines on Xbox cuz everyone said it was great. I absolutely hated it until after I killed Malachai. Glad I stuck it out. It is a beast. I see a Syndicate event, smash a bunch of buttons, and look to see how many conspirators I get to execute.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Woo: I gots a Tabula and the Vaal didn't brick it, and my Arc trap damage is fierce

Ooo: Now my life is at 3k going into Act 10. That's not gonna cut it baby.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    I use Path of Building and love it to death. It's the only way to figure out that your support gems are absolute trash.

Thanks, Path of Building helped! its still kinda confusing but I think with some fiddling I can figure out what I'm doing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Koreg wrote: »
    I use Path of Building and love it to death. It's the only way to figure out that your support gems are absolute trash.

Thanks, Path of Building helped! its still kinda confusing but I think with some fiddling I can figure out what I'm doing

I have played a ton of PoE and know how EE works and I still put a golem in my Malachi's Artifice for a good two levels because it just seemed right.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    one hundo one hundo one hundo

J3qcnBP.png
    If path of building could somehow import from poe planner it would be a perfect tool

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I've been playing self arc witch and I want to thank whoever stuck the unique wand with +lightning and spell echo into the guild stash. My wife would like to register her complaint about how often I do a bad Darth Sidious impression while playing now though.

"Unlimited powah!"

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I've been playing self arc witch and I want to thank whoever stuck the unique wand with +lightning and spell echo into the guild stash. My wife would like to register her complaint about how often I do a bad Darth Sidious impression while playing now though.

"Unlimited powah!"

I play self cast arc, if you need any tips just ask, I think there are a few of us who know that build inside and out.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    My luck this league has been wild. I usually end up hording my currency, so I told myself I'd make sure to spend as much as I can on my current build. I'd only keep valuable items if I'd use it in a later build (still not great, but I would rather use self found items if I can). Well, I end up with easily my worst luck with currency drops, but manage to get a poet's pen to drop, and an inspired learning jewel. Only problem is both sound like fun to use, so my current character is perma-budget just like every other league.

You guys want good items to drop? Put a 3 star Cameria as the leader of Transportation.

You're welcome.

Ratsult2 wrote: »
    My luck this league has been wild. I usually end up hording my currency, so I told myself I'd make sure to spend as much as I can on my current build. I'd only keep valuable items if I'd use it in a later build (still not great, but I would rather use self found items if I can). Well, I end up with easily my worst luck with currency drops, but manage to get a poet's pen to drop, and an inspired learning jewel. Only problem is both sound like fun to use, so my current character is perma-budget just like every other league.

Sell it! Things get cheaper over time usually. You can always buy another one. I don't sweat buying a tabula early cause I know I can recoup the chaos in a minute if I wanted to. That's the great thing about an active market, there is always demand for the right price

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Sell it! Things get cheaper over time usually. You can always buy another one. I don't sweat buying a tabula early cause I know I can recoup the chaos in a minute if I wanted to. That's the great thing about an active market, there is always demand for the right price

Agreed - generally speaking, investing your currency (especially early currency) in the character you're currently playing will pay for itself (faster/safer map clear, progressing thru content etc.) Unless you have reason to believe that a specific item will spike substantially in value, you're almost always better off selling anything you're not currently using aside from leveling gear.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

"Unlimited powah!"

I play self cast arc, if you need any tips just ask, I think there are a few of us who know that build inside and out.

My main query is that the build I'm following advises dual wielding scepters or daggers. Right now I'm rocking wand+shield and pretty loathe to give up the shield bonii. Is dual wielding that much better?

Kane Red Robe on

"Unlimited powah!"

My main query is that the build I'm following advises dual wielding scepters or daggers. Right now I'm rocking wand+shield and pretty loathe to give up the shield bonii. Is dual wielding that much better?

The build used to use a shield, but pretty much no matter what you do, self cast Arc is going to be a glass cannon build. You have defenses in Mind over Matter and a large unreserved mana pool, but most of your avoidance is going to be staying out of harms way and Arcing fools from a distance. You don't need the defenses from a shield, you barely need defenses at all.

Dual wielding is because a lot of your defenses comes from just killing the enemies really quickly and leeching off of that. If you wear a shield, you're going to lose out on at least 100% spell damage and 15% cast speed, which is a lot of extra damage.

If you're still using a wand, it means you haven't gotten to the point where you're Leap Slamming all over the place. Once you get Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify (or Whirling Blades if you're using daggers), positioning
    and your decoy totem becomes the way you stay alive. It's a glass cannon build by its very nature, but it doesn't need a shield because ideally you're never in a place where a lot of things are hitting you at once.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    generally speaking, the only times you want to be using a shield are when it provides you with something useful to your build; eg lycosidae or flame of the phoenix

or, if you are using shield charge as your travel ability

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Shields can also be handy if you're wearing a lot of uniques (and getting offensive boosts from them) and you need to stock up on HP and resists. Casters can still get spell damage on shields, which is nice! But those well rolled shields are expensive.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Shields can also be handy if you're wearing a lot of uniques (and getting offensive boosts from them) and you need to stock up on HP and resists. Casters can still get spell damage on shields, which is nice! But those well rolled shields are expensive.

*gazes wistfully at Rius' shield he linked last night in guild chat*

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Frawrst snatched that shield up right quick and has been using it ever since, lol. It's probably worth a couple of Ex, easy.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Curious what this shield was.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    You guys want good items to drop? Put a 3 star Cameria as the leader of Transportation.

You're welcome.

Until Cameria equips one of those heal from corpses items and the never ending stream of mobs on a transport mission means he's effectively immortal....... I'm only slightly bitter that they didn't include that nerf in the Monday Xbox hot fix. I hope we don't have to wait a week for it.

Im looking forward to getting to maps/the end game this league. It seems with the way the atlas is set up it will be easier to enjoy all of the different league stuff. Plus I think with gc mines, I have a decent shot of killing some end bosses, shaper at least.

Anyone have advice for playing a miner? This is my first time and Windz's guide is a little sparse on details. I was thinking about a spell totem with detonate mines, is that a smart thing against bosses? Or are there any good quality of life setups I should work on getting?

Carpy wrote: »

You're welcome.

Until Cameria equips one of those heal from corpses items and the never ending stream of mobs on a transport mission means he's effectively immortal....... I'm only slightly bitter that they didn't include that nerf in the Monday Xbox hot fix. I hope we don't have to wait a week for it.

Bu's Bullshit item was getting through Nerf stick with 3.5.0c

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Is it weird that I like this league mechanics but don’t want it intergrated ? Just doesn’t feel like it would mesh well.

Saldonas wrote: »

yVGnvvS.png

quite possible the best lightning shield on league atm

J3qcnBP.png
    Playing with path of building to model out my crude imitation of surrealitycheck's power siphon traps build and, its surprising me just how much more effective it apparently is to go for the elemental damage nodes than the trap damage nodes

elemental damage conversion is just strong I guess

2x39jD4.jpg
    fRAWRst wrote: »

yVGnvvS.png

Vaal it or no balls!

I have no items and want to live vicariously through you guys.

fRAWRst wrote: »

Holy crow, I'm jealous.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I have some friends starting the game soon, but I'm way ahead (three are just starting, one is level 20, I'm about level 61). Would I need to start a new character for them to get any xp at all in a group?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    I haven't tried it but I know they've added some mixed level party adjustments, including an option you can enable to be down leveled.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Just Blood Aqueduct Farming Things:

Humility Cards: 3
    Exalted Orb: 1
    Unique Simple Robes THAT AREN'T THAT ONE: 1

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    If anyone else doesn't, I can do us up a new thread when I get home in a couple hours

IT IS TIME FOR VEILED SHIELDS

J3qcnBP.png
    RIP NONE OF EM GOT TOTEM

J3qcnBP.png
This discussion has been closed.