As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    SuperRuper wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I haven’t got around to forging the hand cannon. How is it?

It's a fine option, but admittedly I have a soft spot for hand cannons. Fire rate and impact feel nice and it seems to pack a punch, less recoil than Nation of Beasts. Still, I prefer NoB/Ace/Malfeasance. At first blush, doesn't seem bonkers but doesn't seem weak.

It suffers from what a lot of energy hand cannons suffer from - the feedback you receive make it seem like it isn't hitting as hard as it is. Truth fixes that by making that outrageously loud firing sound.

It's the same archetype as a Better Devils so that should give you the rough idea of what you are working with. The thing that potentially makes it interesting is that it has barrel mods and not sights and its supposed "curated" roll which includes Kill Clip AND Rampage. Which means you can have a constant damage bonus rolling in PvE and the potentially have both up at the same time. It makes for a potentially interesting niche gun in PvP which could lead to two taps - especially if you have the rampage mod that makes it stay up a little longer to get the overlap.

I think it's a tough sell to use any energy HC that's not Trust or LH (for PvP, at least). It may be nice to have if the sandbox ever shifts things away from the 180 archetype, though.

As soon as they made precision hand cannons that could roll random perks/have good rolls period, it was a given that they would dominate the hand cannon conversation on console. Simulating firing a hand cannon on PC by having almost zero recoil was always going to be a winner for console users. They would have to make other hand cannons outrange/have such a low TTK in order to compete with them its probably just stuck at this point.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    LOL my game just completely froze right after I invaded in Gambit, I had to force quit the game from the Xbox home page.
    I get back in with a message saying I quit my Gambit match, and that it negatively impacts the experience for other players.
    GEE, THANKS BONGO!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    On the one hand, I like that Lunas is so powerful, because it was work to get it. And I want Pinnacle weapons to be good. But it'll probably get real annoying to still see Lunas as the primary energy weapon you run into after a couple more seasons.

I'm probably also just salty because there is basically never a reason to user Redrix comparatively, since the archetype is generally worse than the Adaptive pulses for most users. I want a buff for Redrix just to make the Pinnacle meta more varied, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

Mountaintop seems similar to Redrix - a novelty to take out every now and then in 6v6, but not something that will do work compared to Lunas.

But the real best balance change I need them to make is to buff Acrius so it has absurd silly range to actually be a viable reason to run compared to just using any of the other shotgun options.

• ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    The 180s do get outranged right now, I feel. Ace of Spades is the main competitor for that space. I'm not a fan of the 110s myself, but it'd be nice to have another viable 140/150 that could outrange Trust/Luna's.

Toasticus wrote: »
    The 180s do get outranged right now, I feel. Ace of Spades is the main competitor for that space. I'm not a fan of the 110s myself, but it'd be nice to have another viable 140/150 that could outrange Trust/Luna's.

The problem is that while Luna's and the precision HCs do get out ranged and you can play around them that way - most of the people in quickplay either don't do it or are playing on a map where 90% of engagements fall into the 180's sweet spot.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    The maps get more dense in 6v6, but that can make the firefly off of Ace even more effective. I think in the end it comes down to player style, which is good. Now that I've had a little while to enjoy the ridiculous melting speed of Luna's at its ideal range I'll probably start packing the Ace again more often. Luna's is very good! But after doing the questline with Ace, it felt like more of a sidegrade than an upgrade to me.

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Or Anthem is good and they go play that.

Anthem's core gameplay is very very good.
    And if they can surround it with good systems like itemization, endgame, levelling, etc, then it will probably surpass Destiny as my go-to loot based rpg.

But it not having PvP means that it will never overtake Destiny.

Is/was there an open beta? I'm intrigued by Anthem but their reveals have all been...lackluster.

There was a closed Alpha.

In Destiny news. Here's NATBurn's first attempt at Petra's run! Warning, its a very long twitch video, and we may or may not have done it on our very first attempt:

No pvp at all? Yeah that's a pass.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Having just perused all the rewards etc for this baking thing, it appears it's pretty light on limited gear outside the eververse.

Kinda glad I can opt out of this seasonal event. The Halloween grind was rough

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Also, previously mayhem was pretty chaotic

With the new supers involved it's absolutely bonkers. Just weebz and teleporting wizards and swarms of knives flying around all over the place.

I think also maybe super mods are bugged... With no orbs around I saw a hunter kickoff threebblade flurries almost back to back with no interruption

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    So. Mayhem is back. Apparently if you have Shards of Galanor, if you get any hits on an enemy in the Mayhem playlist you instantly get your Blade Barrage back. It pretty much turns BB into a match-long roaming super.

I might try it for one match to see for myself, but I'm not sure I'm down with that level of scumbaggery. :P

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So. Mayhem is back. Apparently if you have Shards of Galanor, if you get any hits on an enemy in the Mayhem playlist you instantly get your Blade Barrage back. It pretty much turns BB into a match-long roaming super.

I might try it for one match to see for myself, but I'm not sure I'm down with that level of scumbaggery. :P

Don't worry, the fun police and their tethers will arrive soon.

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    /hefts suppression nades meaningfully

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    edited December 2018
    Let 'em try. By the time their purple anti-fun arrows are active they'll already be dead. Might even go make a cup of tea before the tether decides to actually latch on to anything.

Toasticus on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I used to...somewhat...enjoy Mayhem.

Blade Barrage and Nova Warp fixed that error in judgement.

That being said, it seems to be the quickest way to get the whatever blue item you need 15 of for cookies.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Tried nova warp last night, I find other supers kill you pretty easily, blade barrage and sentinel shield toss. Blades fuckery was in full effect when i saw it, and some poor dude was all fun police tethers as much as they could.

Ahhhh... That'd explain it

Well it's certainly an entertaining imbalance

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Mayhem pretty well crystalizes some of the rock paper scissors nature of supers.

As a Sentinel Commander, I generally don't care much about Blade Barrage in Mayhem, because it's basically free kills. Most of the time the same goes for Nova Warp or Fist of Havoc - just pop my Shield, soak some hits, then doink them in the face with a shield.

That said, surprisingly the Sunbreaker Devastator super or any Arcstrider means it's time to run away. And even the occasional Kamehameha or Nova Bomb is just something you're going to eat and respawn. But Blade Barrage will eat those dudes up for lunch.

Interestingly enough, we actually saw a Novabomb in the wild last night, and it was disconcerting as we basically forgot they existed.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm up around 620LL now and I was actually able to complete two EDZ forges back to back in matchmaking.
    Warlock super rift makes everything so easy. And Breakneck vomiting bullets is so fun.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    On the one hand, I like that Lunas is so powerful, because it was work to get it. And I want Pinnacle weapons to be good. But it'll probably get real annoying to still see Lunas as the primary energy weapon you run into after a couple more seasons.

I'm probably also just salty because there is basically never a reason to user Redrix comparatively, since the archetype is generally worse than the Adaptive pulses for most users. I want a buff for Redrix just to make the Pinnacle meta more varied, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

Mountaintop seems similar to Redrix - a novelty to take out every now and then in 6v6, but not something that will do work compared to Lunas.

But the real best balance change I need them to make is to buff Acrius so it has absurd silly range to actually be a viable reason to run compared to just using any of the other shotgun options.

Buffing the range on one shotgun just means everyone runs that shotgun instead. Nothing changes.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Acrius is exotic and last I checked basically has no ammo capacity. Not everyone is going to move to it.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Mayhem pretty well crystalizes some of the rock paper scissors nature of supers.

As a Sentinel Commander, I generally don't care much about Blade Barrage in Mayhem, because it's basically free kills. Most of the time the same goes for Nova Warp or Fist of Havoc - just pop my Shield, soak some hits, then doink them in the face with a shield.

That said, surprisingly the Sunbreaker Devastator super or any Arcstrider means it's time to run away. And even the occasional Kamehameha or Nova Bomb is just something you're going to eat and respawn. But Blade Barrage will eat those dudes up for lunch.

Interestingly enough, we actually saw a Novabomb in the wild last night, and it was disconcerting as we basically forgot they existed.

I don’t pvp but I still like nova bomb on occasion. The Attunement of Hunger still strikes me as pretty good for pve.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Nova Bomb needs some love, it doesn't do nearly the damage of Blade Barrage or whatever. Plus you can kill yourself with it and that is kinda bullshit.

(me, checking triumphs last week) Oh, I don't have this one for killing people with a nova warp from super far away yet huh. Wait. Bomb? What's a nova bomb? Ohhhh yeaaaaaah

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

I don’t pvp but I still like nova bomb on occasion. The Attunement of Hunger still strikes me as pretty good for pve.

Devour is and always will be awesome and the shatter grenade and axion bolts are decent grenade options in PvP but the bombs are just lacking.

Devour is especially awesome in conjunction with Crimson and... whatsits... the warlock chest exotic that gives your kinetic weapon firefly. Chromatic Fire or something?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Konphujun wrote: »

Buffing the range on one shotgun just means everyone runs that shotgun instead. Nothing changes.

Acrius is an exotic and in the Power slot. So you sacrifice other exotics/heavies amd have to get Power ammo. Compared to Thunderlord or Queenbreaker or Wardcliff Coil or Tractor Cannon, (or generously Black Talon), Acrius has absolutely no place in PVP and it makes me sad.

Balance the weapon around the upcoming nerf to Power ammo spawns, and make it have a place

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    With the Ballistic Logs gone and no MG possible this week I find myself not that interested in the grindfest that is the forge, also 2 weapons in the same slot doesnt help.

Making Ballistic Logs a thing that goes away just makes Black Armory even shittier, who the hell came up with that idiotic idea?

Sirialis on
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Finally got around to the gofannon forge quest chain.

The final mission was pretty fun to solo, but took forever due to shield resetting on most teleports.

I just tried matchmaking for Gofannon. The rounds feel way easier, but the boss seems like you can't beat it without teamwork on a warlock rift (even without it doing immune shenanigans).

I just tried matchmaking for Gofannon. The rounds feel way easier, but the boss seems like you can't beat it without teamwork on a warlock rift (even without it doing immune shenanigans).

Rally barricade and HMGs and just tossing supers at it when we ran out of HMG ammo has been working well for us the several times we have done it. Much less set up to and coordination required on it than the Volundr Forge it seems. Maybe save a super just in case the servitors shield each other - although we haven't even had that cost us a match or anything.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Why do you think volundr requires more coordination?

I think if you’re the same level for each gofannon is a lot harder. The servitor has so much disruption, and if you’re low light level it’s hard to get enough sustained dps to take him down.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I've found Volundr much more of a pain. There's nothing in Gofannon as annoying as either gladiators or collossi and the last boss is a hell of a lot easier to whisper down. I beat it with two randos twice today pretty easily.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I keep reading Volunder and Gofannen as Volunteer and GoFundMe

May the next one be called Keckstarten

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

I think if you’re the same level for each gofannon is a lot harder. The servitor has so much disruption, and if you’re low light level it’s hard to get enough sustained dps to take him down.

If you've unlocked Gofannon, you've likely increased your light level to be in the target range. And despite the Servitor's ability to teleport you and become quasi-invincible, the arena (and the boss' size) makes it much easier to prevent Orbiter-regeneration and thus sustain damage.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I keep reading Volunder and Gofannen as Volunteer and GoFundMe

May the next one be called Keckstarten

I mean I am definitely calling the forges that from now on

DodgeBlan wrote: »

Amount and type of enemies spawning (not Gladiators and Colossi that are giant damage sponges and have incredibly high damage against you) tend to be easier to deal with especially with the proper loadout (the answer is Riskrunner), arena allows for better movement around and ability to clear adds, tends to be easier to set up for an initial un-molested boss burn before a teleport (we generally get well over 50% of his health gone before an initial teleport).

The reality is probably that for most matchmade groups for the forseeable future (until people have the gear/levels to carry) a Well is probably going to be required to "dummy proof" the encounter and even then it can still go sideways.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    With the Ballistic Logs gone and no MG possible this week I find myself not that interested in the grindfest that is the forge, also 2 weapons in the same slot doesnt help.

Making Ballistic Logs a thing that goes away just makes Black Armory even shittier, who the hell came up with that idiotic idea?

At least you can keep frames you purchase so I only wasted 1 Ballistics Log on 2 characters rather then 4. If you have limited time you can actually do both powerful rewards this way and all the weeklies with only 2 forge ignites too because of that.

The weapon frames are really grindy though. And I wish the HMG we all wanted wasn't the first week when most people could barely do the forge and now it's rotated out.

shryke on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I feel like such a doofus coming in here to ask what weapons are good, I’ve played enough Destiny that I should probably know by now, but they tweak things all the time so I don’t.

Anyway, a Better Devils with Outlaw and Zen Moment is probably worth keeping right? Feels pretty good in pve and I like to switch things up so I’m not using Breakneck all the time.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I got a Chromatic Fire chest tonight from the daily heroic strike. It's aces even with garbage perks.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Up to 5 or 6 Avalanches so far from handing in cookies to various bounty givers. Rampage on a few but no feeding frenzy yet.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Wait ballistic logs don't stay in your inventory?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."