As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Noel USB1 Dupe...damn.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Sounds like we're getting some sort of Christmas/Holiday event this week. 14 battles and multi, item store, kind of like a Bra*Bra I guess. Probably no relic banners? Who knows

Upcoming event in Japan is III. Ingus gets an AASB, Onion Knight gets realm chain, CoD gets Dark chain, Arc finally leans in on his water aspect and gets a full on Water USB (10 ST water/NE summon hits, en-water, EX mode is mag 30%, chases every 2 WHT or SUM with a 5-hit chase + h25 medica). Glints and new LMRs and all that jazz.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Prompto BSB and some tweaking got me to sub-30 280. No 6*, no dives.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Finally farmed my 12 copies of Phoenix. I don't ever want to do that again, at least until I get better tech to deal with this fight. I'm going to have to be SUPER careful with how I build my Phoenix, and where I put the extra Health Boon 8, whether it's on Famfrit, or if I put Blade Ward and Spell Ward on this Phoenix.

Ran what felt like infinity billion runs that ended in failure before I got 3 successes yesterday, many of them after fighting for several minutes. The only thing I was able to conclude is that I don't understand anything about this fight. It's pure Chaos Theory. As early as 8-9 seconds in, and definitely after about 12-14 seconds in, I could never be sure whose turn it was going to be, why the order of characters was different, whether Sap would tick before or after Aerith got a turn, and when Geosgaeno would attack relative to Phoenix and Rage mode.

I had runs where he'd attack, then Phoenix would attack and rage and obliterate me. Also runs where this would happen and I would survive.
    I had runs where Phoenix would attack, and right after Geosgaeno would dispel Rage. Sometimes this was fine, sometimes I didn't have enough SB meter.
    I had runs where Phoenix would attack, attack AGAIN with a weakened gravity attack, then Geosgaeno would pop in and dispel Rage. This usually turned out good.

There were runs where Aerith had breathing room to Curada later in the fight for SB meter, but most of the time she just had to sit and wait to cast her USB. Guts would and would not pop on characters on a given run at the same time, which made healing auto-targeting hit the person who barely survived a hit and still has Guts, rather than the person whose Guts triggered, because of the 1% heal from Guts. Typically she'd cast Shellga once, Curada once, and then just wait to USB the rest of the fight, which was dicey because damage wasn't always there if Bartz wasn't feeling up to it on a given run.

Bartz is the only real source of RNG on my part, besides my motor skills/phone lag and input time being different every time. I'm guessing the amount and timing (for potency) of Bartz's W-casts determined when EXACTLY Phoenix changed from phase 1 to 2, which would set up the insanity that is the rest of the fight.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Yay! Daily Draw Disco hit! Kain’s Ultra (10-hit lightning attack, Enlightning, ATK/DEF buff, temporary Jump instacast buff).

Now, the question is whether this makes him better than Aranea (Ultra) or Lightning (Glint, B2, Ultra). Aranea doesn’t get powerchain for jumps, but she does get chase on Dragoon. The fact that Kain’s Ultra is itself a jump is probably a big boon.

And regardless of anything else, this is an Ultra-class spear with +Lightning. So whoever my Dragoon now is, they will be enjoying a big improvement over Kain’s Burst spear.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Yay! Daily Draw Disco hit! Kain’s Ultra (10-hit lightning attack, Enlightning, ATK/DEF buff, temporary Jump instacast buff).

Now, the question is whether this makes him better than Aranea (Ultra) or Lightning (Glint, B2, Ultra). Aranea doesn’t get powerchain for jumps, but she does get chase on Dragoon. The fact that Kain’s Ultra is itself a jump is probably a big boon.

And regardless of anything else, this is an Ultra-class spear with +Lightning. So whoever my Dragoon now is, they will be enjoying a big improvement over Kain’s Burst spear.

There are hilarious videos of Kain with that Ultra and his Chain, buffed by Ignis with his BSB for auto-crit and boosted crit damage, doing damage x22 for ludicrous levels of damage.

• Options
    Oh man just playing around with trying a Mage Lightning Team and I just realized I don't have a good Mage Boostga outside Cid Raines BSB , Mog USB and Cloud of Darkness USB.

There's an upcoming BSB and/or USB select right? OK is still relevant right?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Sage mode is still great. If you still have your Acolyte Archive selections open for buffing Supers, Papalymo’s Ley Lines is still quite useful.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Oh man just playing around with trying a Mage Lightning Team and I just realized I don't have a good Mage Boostga outside Cid Raines BSB , Mog USB and Cloud of Darkness USB.

The Onion Knight has been in basically all of my Magicite teams, 3, 4, and 5*.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

OK is in practically all of my teams. He can hit every element except physical holy and physical poison (lol).

Darklyre on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Sage mode is still great. If you still have your Acolyte Archive selections open for buffing Supers, Papalymo’s Ley Lines is still quite useful.

Wait, Papalymo's Ley Lines? Lemme check...oh....OH. Shit. I've had it all this time and didn't think of using it. Oh man now who do I drop.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Have you tested your team? Sometimes mages can cap without any magic boosts when hitting weakness.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Have you tested your team? Sometimes mages can cap without any magic boosts when hitting weakness.

Also, in magicites, if you're bringing native wall you can also grab Fabula Raider for a stacking buff.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

Not quite yet. I'm still farming Ixion (stupid Garuda is refusing to drop) so I was trying it out on today's mote dungeon (I need Dex!!!!) but it seemed to work without Haste. I went with

Palom BSB + LMR Instacast CMD2 was capping so yay
    Ashe BSB capping with Chain Thundagas
    Elarra with USB and Allegro con Moto + Valigarmanda
    Shantotto with Chain + Voltech (capping)
    Lightning with BSB Imperil

I think I might drop Lightning for Papa with Haste SB and maybe give him the Voltech since I haven't dived him.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah, you are probably set for magic lightning if you have chain and imperil. Although Lightning is a pretty poor mage. Do you have +lit equipment? Makes a large difference over chain.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Bear in mind that Ashe has her AOSB so I'm probably gonna run with that against Kraken. And yeah, Ashe and Lightning's Swords are Lightning Boost Eq. EDIT: Oh! Garnet/Dagger's Dagger too!

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Yeah I do have a good Physical Lightning Team too, running with Kain Chain, Lightning BSB+AOSB, Edgar USB (+Lightning Offering).

• Options
    edited December 2018
    One of the new sacred weapons is a new version of Tiny Bee.

Enlong on
  • Options
  • Options
    No new event today

XII pull: Vayne OSB. It's new and a +dark sword, ok.

I've got his SSB, maybe I'll snag his BSB or something and see if I can make something of it (conceptually, I like the idea of hybrid phys/mag characters so...)

• Options
  • Options
    Sounds like if it's the Holiday event, it drops on Sunday.

• Options
    It's a good +dark sword - mag and atk

• Options
    I'm just glad it wasn't a dupe!

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Dupe Larsa LMR.

Well, there were really only two truly great relics left for me in this whole realm, so I guess I couldn't have expected much.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Dupe Penelo BSB (last stand one)

• Options
    Balthier Burst 1.

Ah, a relic from another time. A time when landing status ailments on relevant enemies was ever possible, and Blind Shell was a decent Machinist DPS option.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Fran bsb1

Hrm

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I kinda want to shatter those status abilities, but there's still those rare medal requirements

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Keep getting a disco for ff12 and it keeps being Ashe usb (4th). I only have ashe, balthier (3) and Larsa usb (last mini fest). Would like a disco and not see the same red sword.

• Options
    88%

Running out of gas and that last phase hits like a TRUCK, though, so not sure I'll be able to swing it.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Last three Parade pulls have been all discos... but also all dupes. Such a roller-coaster.

FF15 - Dupe Prompto USB
    FF14 - Dupe Ysale USB
    FF13 - Dupe Lightning BUSB

The bright side is I have some very nice 6*+ weapons/armor now.

And the streak continues.
    FF12 - Dupe Gabranth USB

This is ridiculous. The only realm where I had a lot of USBs was 15.

• Options
    Better than 4 dupe non discos!

• Options
    XII: 1/3, no disco. Gabranth LMR (en-dark). Broke my streak of discos, but at least it's not a dupe and it's useful!

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Better than 4 dupe non discos!

https://youtu.be/K3zzQ9FIfrM

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    omg... finally I have something useful for FF12
    ub8l468a61bf.jpg

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    AND it's a wind katana, iirc

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Ashe AOSB, I dove her with just her BSB from the realm select, and her glint. This is a super nice addition. Plus sweet + lit mag focused sword.

• Options
    Considering skipping tonight, at least until I've drawn on 9. I've got almost every relic available, but the chain is an element I don't have.

• Options
    I'm on the same page as you. I want that chain too and the wait is killing me because I thought last night was XI for some reason.
    I guess I should wait for IX as well. Argh.

38thDoE on steam

This discussion has been closed.