As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    A couple of gripes.

Why do plasma weapons suck so bad. Whatever weird projectile thing they did with it for some reason never wants to hit the enemy hit boxes at all. I found a plasma gatling on my heavy weapons character. I was so jazzed. I unloaded a full core at a normal Scortched mob at close range. Maybe 10% of the shots actually hit/ registered damage. I'd had a similar experience earlier in the game with a plasma rifle but I thought maybe that had been a problem with trying to use it to snipe on a scope.

Scortchbeasts are a shit design. I'd never really had to deal with them much since I had to start a new character due to a killer bug. But yeah, to hard to hit in the air. The now constant sonic attack makes aiming at them even harder. They're bullet spongy as hell and give modiocre loot for the effort. And god forbid you're melee. I used to think you could just switch to a trusty gun to bring them down then smak em'. But an unperked or lightly perked gun will do nothing to them and they don't land nearly enough. Ugh.

How to kill scorchbeasts easy.
    Have a gun with a bonus to limb damage. The easiest way is to have the relevant shotgun perks.
    Shoot them in the wing.
    Congratulations it’s now on the ground.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Getting back on topic to Fallout, I have pulled up some streams and watched some people play FO76 online.

It seems like almost everyone is farming nukes or something? Is that really what the end game content is? Farming nukes so you can blow up other people?
    A couple of gripes.

Why do plasma weapons suck so bad. Whatever weird projectile thing they did with it for some reason never wants to hit the enemy hit boxes at all. I found a plasma gatling on my heavy weapons character. I was so jazzed. I unloaded a full core at a normal Scortched mob at close range. Maybe 10% of the shots actually hit/ registered damage. I'd had a similar experience earlier in the game with a plasma rifle but I thought maybe that had been a problem with trying to use it to snipe on a scope.

Scortchbeasts are a shit design. I'd never really had to deal with them much since I had to start a new character due to a killer bug. But yeah, to hard to hit in the air. The now constant sonic attack makes aiming at them even harder. They're bullet spongy as hell and give modiocre loot for the effort. And god forbid you're melee. I used to think you could just switch to a trusty gun to bring them down then smak em'. But an unperked or lightly perked gun will do nothing to them and they don't land nearly enough. Ugh.

Scorchbeasts need more screen shake. I occasionally get a narrow window in which I can aim at one.

Worst fight in the game so far: Two level 50 Scorchbeasts, two level 80 Scorchbeasts. On the plus side, I no longer have a stimpack weight issue.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    A couple of gripes.

How to kill scorchbeasts easy.
    Have a gun with a bonus to limb damage. The easiest way is to have the relevant shotgun perks.
    Shoot them in the wing.
    Congratulations it’s now on the ground.

I would gladly shoot them in the wing if my screen wasn't filled with a beam of white and green sonic energy that was giving me screen shake.

Ever since the patch the sonic burst seem a lot quicker in succession. I can barely get get my sites up in between them before my screen is shaking again. It's definitely not impossible, but it is extremely frustrating. I mean the bears and deathclaws stagger like crazy too. But you can dodge them and their swings aren't a constant stream.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Yeah it really seems like they made a MMORPG but refuse to admit they made a MMORPG, even though it was their entire goal all along.

"The modders will fix it" doesn't exactly apply to this title...

Sometimes, I wonder if one of the goals for this was to put their team to a trial by fire where they could not rely on after-market modder support.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Well, they DO have a weekly patch schedule planned for the moment. We're on week 2 of the 3 week plan. The problem is they need hotfixes too and are not producing those.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    They better fix that unobtainable achievement.

• Options
    Ha, out of all the issues achievements should be the last thing they worry about. Not that they shouldn't fix it, but there's quite a few things that deserve "they better" more.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Ha, out of all the issues achievements should be the last thing they worry about. Not that they shouldn't fix it, but there's quite a few things that deserve "they better" more.

I agree that it should not be top priority but achievement/trophy hunters will absolutely skip games with broken ones. They may not make up the majority of the game playing public but I think Bethesda needs every bit of goodwill they can garner at the moment.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Anyone else getting "LOOKUP FAILED! Armor" for their Excavator Armor?

Oh and it seems I get an extra 100 carry in it if I log out in it.

Or 1100/600 in your stash? Edit: It was all the extra shit from scrapping items they kept giving you.

Fucking hell what a joke still.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Anyone else getting "LOOKUP FAILED! Armor" for their Excavator Armor?

Oh and it seems I get an extra 100 carry in it if I log out in it.

Or 1100/600 in your stash?

Fucking hell what a joke still.

I've been getting "LOOKUP FAILED!" on any door that goes from an interior to an exterior ever since I installed a .strings patch to add item sorting. I'm just not bothered by it enough to uninstall said mod.

Are you using any similar mod? It's possibly an issue with them patching something in the .strings file(s) and a mod needing to be updated.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, that's probably it, my item sorting mod. Weird it doesn't do it for other armor, though.

That's minor (and my fault), the rest is just...come on Bethesda, geez.

I see they didn't fix the game just deciding to close itself, either, sigh.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    They either lowered the CAMP budget, or they increased the cost of some things, because I logged in to my camp being way over budget. That was kind of annoying. The budget is just too tiny to have much fun with.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    They either lowered the CAMP budget, or they increased the cost of some things, because I logged in to my camp being way over budget. That was kind of annoying. The budget is just too tiny to have much fun with.

Yeah, I finally made a CAMP larger than just a bed platform with random crafting benches tossed around it. But it's literally a tiny riverside shack and I'm already scraping the top of the budget.

• Options
    Lawndart wrote: »

Yeah, I finally made a CAMP larger than just a bed platform with random crafting benches tossed around it. But it's literally a tiny riverside shack and I'm already scraping the top of the budget.

The biggest user of budget I've found are turrets. Might want to consider running one or two less.

Also, I lost a big chunk of my camp because someone else found my out of the way spot to build and the game only saves items built on foundations, so bye bye to all of my turrets, generators, water purifiers, and crops.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

I feel like they should have just gone all in on the camping metaphor. Instead of a half-assed version of the Fallout 4 building system, give us blinged out tents, crafting stands that look like outdoors gear, and accessories like hammocks and folding chairs themed around having the dopest campsite.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

The biggest user of budget I've found are turrets. Might want to consider running one or two less.

Also, I lost a big chunk of my camp because someone else found my out of the way spot to build and the game only saves items built on foundations, so bye bye to all of my turrets, generators, water purifiers, and crops.

Do you mean since today's patch, when it tells you that someone else is in that spot, but you can relog and your camp will reappear? Because when that happened to me tonight, and I switched worlds, it saved everything including crops and all the generators/turrets that were not on foundations.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

@Pixelated Pixie You may want to check your storage too, they fixed it it seems, but until today you could end up with 100's of copies of stuff in storage. As I mentioned, I had that problem. Then a new problem with it all being in the stash.

And Phil, that have required them to make new things not copy/paste from 4. They have a B-team or 3 people working on this thing.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I had from 200-400 of every vegetable, apparently they were producing crops and dropping them into storage even when logged off. I hope that's fixed.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    They really should have just cut building if they wanted an MMO

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

I feel like they should have just gone all in on the camping metaphor. Instead of a half-assed version of the Fallout 4 building system, give us blinged out tents, crafting stands that look like outdoors gear, and accessories like hammocks and folding chairs themed around having the dopest campsite.

CWDgHHWWsAQCX8s.jpg

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

FFXV x Fallout.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    They really should have just cut building if they wanted an MMO

They originally described it as a survival builder, though, and buildings are huge there.

What they missed was scarcity of resources and death penalties are also really important in survival builders.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but I'll post it just in case: There is a bug where players can offer up your OWN equipped weapons during a trade, and then (forcefully) confirm the trade. So be extra careful whenever you trade with someone you don't know, at the very least unequip your weapons beforehand!

Source

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Aaaand since it has already been established they can't reimburse items...

I wonder if that also means they don't even have LOGS of this stuff.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

Do you mean since today's patch, when it tells you that someone else is in that spot, but you can relog and your camp will reappear? Because when that happened to me tonight, and I switched worlds, it saved everything including crops and all the generators/turrets that were not on foundations.

I play on Xbox, so we haven't received the patch yet.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

@Pixelated Pixie You may want to check your storage too, they fixed it it seems, but until today you could end up with 100's of copies of stuff in storage. As I mentioned, I had that problem. Then a new problem with it all being in the stash.

And Phil, that have required them to make new things not copy/paste from 4. They have a B-team or 3 people working on this thing.

I do know that everything in storage counts towards your build cap even if it isn't placed.

• Options

Yeah, this was after I cleaned out the 60+ mutfruits/corn/tatos that it spawned in my storage, and made sure nothing else was there. I was still over-budgeted somehow. I had to scrap a turret and a generator just to get it under the full line. It still seems broken. I have hardly anything in my camp and I'm full. Like, I have one small generator, one of each crafting table, 3 turrets, and a small 2-floor cabin. A row of each of corn/tato/mutfruit. One bed, one lamp, two small overhead lightbulbs, a couple chairs and a table. Two non-lighted wall paintings. No purifiers or extractors or anything like that. I should not be anywhere close to the limit.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Yeah, this was after I cleaned out the 60+ mutfruits/corn/tatos that it spawned in my storage, and made sure nothing else was there. I was still over-budgeted somehow. I had to scrap a turret and a generator just to get it under the full line. It still seems broken. I have hardly anything in my camp and I'm full. Like, I have one small generator, one of each crafting table, 3 turrets, and a small 2-floor cabin. A row of each of corn/tato/mutfruit. One bed, one lamp, two small overhead lightbulbs, a couple chairs and a table. Two non-lighted wall paintings. No purifiers or extractors or anything like that. I should not be anywhere close to the limit.

So I've had to deal with this quite a bit since they fixed the thing that where you used to lose anything that wasn't on a foundation. Now, it looks like if your camp is packed up cause it can't place it when you log in, you won't lose anything, but it will double anything it picks up that isn't on a foundation. Putting it all on the "stored" tab. At one point I had 100+ of each of my vegetable starch farm, multiple large gens, and 6 water purifiers. I cleared them all out by scrapping from the stored tab directly. But it appears that when huge quantities of stuff are shoved into storage that go well and beyond the build limit due to this duplication bug, that even if you scrap them all it doesn't properly update your build limit. I had to scrap them all out, THEN log out and back in before my build limit updated properly.

• Options
    Ah, ok. That's probably it then.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Oh man I was so mad yesterday. Finally got to the enclave stuff. I had a great set up of healing factor + sunkist. So I never had to use rad away and kept my healing factor. Hell, I went ahead and equiped Starched Genes just in case. Welp, the enclave runs a decontamination thing before they let you in. Aaaaaand it got rid of my mutation. Even through Starched Genes.

:mad:

• Options
    Sooo... the Enclave is literally No Mutants Allowed?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Oh man I was so mad yesterday. Finally got to the enclave stuff. I had a great set up of healing factor + sunkist. So I never had to use rad away and kept my healing factor. Hell, I went ahead and equiped Starched Genes just in case. Welp, the enclave runs a decontamination thing before they let you in. Aaaaaand it got rid of my mutation. Even through Starched Genes.

I've walked through that thing several dozens of times, I still have my Marsupial mutation though.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

I've walked through that thing several dozens of times, I still have my Marsupial mutation though.

It was only on the first introductory quest when you go in the first time. After that it doesn't do anything.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    That sounds really dumb.

I've put this game on hold because there was a Destiny 2 DLC but I'm looking forward to mess with my WIP sky house again soon, I've built a stair case out over a lake and a house at the top.

I did find time to log in and pick up the Blackbird X01 paint job though.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Jeep-EepJeep-Eep Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/a5l9f7/lunchboxs_appearing_in_fallout_76_esm_files_no/

Looks like someone's spotted Lootbox assets in 76; we don't know if they'll be used, but that's an extreme watch it.

Jeep-Eep on
    I would rather be accused of intransigence than tolerating genocide for the sake of everyone getting along. - @Metzger Meister
  • Options
    The smart thing to do would be to do absolutely nothing with them for a long time, until things die down a bit.

...so expect an announcement within the week.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    ATX_Lunchbox_Effect_CarryCapacityBonus

Okay, go fuck yourself, Bethesda.

• Options
    "We heard your requests and are thrilled to offer convenient carry boosts for your character!" - Bethesda, probably.

• Options
    Yeah, carry limits are annoying as fuck and carry WEIGHT are just a set up to sell you a way to remove it.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I don't remember the last time I saw a company squander their general good will and turned their fanbase on them so fast.

Like... shit they can regularly release regurgitated formulas and buggy gameplay and the general consensus has always been "aaaaayyy, Bethesda, amirite? It's gonna be buggy! It's still fun!"

But, damn, they are stepping on their own dicks at every turn with this one, and it's getting ugly.

TES 6 went from a sure purchase to "lol no. If it's universally lauded as a lifechanging experience, maybe I'll give it a look, but otherwise no" based completely on how bad a taste I got from 76.

Cog on