As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hollow Knight] Sequel: Now has a store page; still no release date

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Look on the bright side.
    Leg Eater gets to live.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The fragile charms are as good as the unbreakable ones if you're using them for Dream fights or Godhome.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    The most use I've gotten out of Unbreakables is in the Colosseum. They're handy to have there without the worry of them breaking.

But honestly, they were put in later on in the game during Grimm Troupe because by that point people had bought everything and were running around having built up thousands of geo with nothing to spend it on. They're fun late-game geo-sinks.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Is there any way to get more health? Could really go for some Energy Tanks here, and the temporary blue bug health ain't doing it!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    You can find Mask Shards. Four of them gives you another point of max health. There are also charms that can increase your health when worn.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    So how about that white palace...

...getting ~3 fps on my switch (both modes) and input drops...

...with a pro controller with a sticky dpad from spilled beer...

That’s the real “path of pain”

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So how about that white palace...

...getting ~3 fps on my switch (both modes) and input drops...

...with a pro controller with a sticky dpad from spilled beer...

That’s the real “path of pain”

I had some performance issues in a couple spots. Restarting my Switch (as opposed to my usual habit of just putting it to sleep) cleared it up.

Fry on
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Yeah if you're having issues with a switch a hard shutdown is probably the first thing to try.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Yeah it was fine after a restart. I still suffered through WP before doing it though...

• Options
    Suffering is what White Palace is all about.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Counterpoint: hurl the Switch at the first moth you see the second it lands on a wall/lamp.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Played many hours of this over the weekend on Switch. It is so, so, so, so good. I love everything about it. The aesthetic, the subtle storytelling, the platforming, the combat, the progression... I have nothing to contribute to the conversation here, and I'm not about to go clicking through spoilers, but wow, what an experience thus far. And I think I have a looong way to go, too.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Uh-oh!

http://teamcherry.com.au/hk_physical_cancellation/
    We’re regretfully announcing the cancellation of physical copies of Hollow Knight and our partnership with Skybound Games.

As a team of 3 people still in intensive production of Hollow Knight, taking the game into the retail space (even with the extensive assistance of Skybound) proved more work than we could reasonably manage.

In future we will investigate other ways to deliver physical versions of Hollow Knight, though likely that will be in smaller quantities.

Looks like production of a physical Hollow Knight release didn't work out. Who knows when or if they'll actually do one.

This means you're out of excuses not to buy if you were waiting for a physical release! Buy it now! Buy two!

It's too bad they couldn't make it work, but if this sucking resources away from the development of new content then I'm happy it's been dropped. Now they can focus on the Hornet campaign, whee!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    I too recommend buying two copies.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
  • Options
    This music syncs up way, way too well with your signature.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just found the use for the Love Key
    I think I had somehow went up to that door and not tested it, because it was explored on my map, and I got to Kingdom's Edge way after I found the key, so I dunno how I didn't go in there yet.

So yeh. The Collector was creep as heck, and it was oddly satisfying to get an explanation for who kidnapped the Grubs. Like I'd never even considered that could be a thing that would get a narrative explanation. Very neat.

And I got a map that shows me where the Grubs at! I don't have many left, it turns out. I'd only missed one or two in previously explored areas, a bunch around the intersection leading into Kingdom's Edge, like in a shortcut to the Royal Waterways I'd missed. Aaaaand. A couple in a previously undiscovered area right next to me.

I though I was wrapping up just in time for Smash but this thing just goes and goes, huh?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I've given up on this now, put it down for a bit and nowhave no idea what I've got to do or where I've got to go. Everything about it seems so unintuitive to me, especially the map.

I'm Normally a fan of metroidvania style games but I've found this one a bit of a slog which I've only really pushed through up to now just because of its reputation.

Guacamelee 2 will be out soon though!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Beat the final boss with 99% completion. That'll do, bug.
    the Radiance was rough as heck. Ended up with 1 pip of health left during the climbing phase, with no clue that it was actually the end. Was pretty tense!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I did not like how special keys worked. There were two cases where I had both had the key for a door and knew where the door was for a long time, without ever actually going up and trying to put the key in the door. The generic keys were much more obvious about "this is a place where you need a key to get in"

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    My Hollow Knight experience so far:

Me: "Haha! I have acquired some new powers. I will go back to this spot where I know there must be a secret and outsmart this game!"

Hollow Knight: "Congrats! Here's an entire fucking area to explore, enjoy!"

Me: "... But... But I was just expecting a collectible..."

It...It happened AGAIN!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    That's normal.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    A typical Wednesday.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Holy bejeezus! Hollow Knight Holiday update!

http://teamcherry.com.au/hollowmas/

8e42d74de8efef668af7ee504f926f8d_original.png?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=639&fit=max&v=1544670918&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=fd30914c3add44c7aea65cda66d762c9

I might need these pins real bad.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    omg that adorable grub

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    that Hornet bangs as well

• Options
    Hornet Plushie?

Ghost Plushie and talking Grub plushie?

For a combined total of like $70?

I know what I’m putting on my Christmas list.

• Options
    I did not know that there were awesome Hollow Knight t-shirts anyway I bought the Hornet one because that graphic is extremely great.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    omg that adorable grub

They nailed Zote's grump-face, too.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    So I got a Switch for Xmas and picked this up on sale. I've just started, farming currency so I could buy the map locator and quill...why these are things I have to buy I don't know, but anyways...

I'm really digging it otherwise. Any tips or advice? I haven't even gotten to the first boss or anything....just been circling the area killing bugs and collecting coins.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    So I got a Switch for Xmas and picked this up on sale. I've just started, farming currency so I could buy the map locator and quill...why these are things I have to buy I don't know, but anyways...

I'm really digging it otherwise. Any tips or advice? I haven't even gotten to the first boss or anything....just been circling the area killing bugs and collecting coins.

No, that's the first big hump. It's absolutely worth getting all of the map things from town, they'll become a big help later on.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Thanks!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

If you die and can't get back to your ghost safely, there is a locked building to the right of the town. Inside is a guy who will wrangle your ghost for you.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

If you die and can't get back to your ghost safely, there is a locked building to the right of the town. Inside is a guy who will wrangle your ghost for you.

Oh cool. Thanks for the tip. Haven't died yet so I didn't know this was a thing, but it's great to keep in mind.

• Options
    RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    If you come across a barrier you can't pass with your current abilities, you can mark it (custom map markers are sold at the map shop). This makes backtracking easier once you unlock more traversal abilities later in the game.

Also, around halfway through the game or so, I got really lost and didn't know where to go next--the game stopped giving as much guidance/hints. Don't feel too guilty about asking for help here, or looking at a spoiler-free guide.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    If you come across a barrier you can't pass with your current abilities, you can mark it (custom map markers are sold at the map shop). This makes backtracking easier once you unlock more traversal abilities later in the game.

Also, around halfway through the game or so, I got really lost and didn't know where to go next--the game stopped giving as much guidance/hints. Don't feel too guilty about asking for help here, or looking at a spoiler-free guide.

There is some truth to that, but the bugs back in town will nearly always have a hint directing to the next area that hasn't been fully explored.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Just a small note. You need a key to get this (the storekeeper sells one or you can find them in the world but they're pretty rare) probably a decent investment because you won't have the cash to buy the key when you really want it.

Also you need to trade items for retrieving your soul. But they're pretty common.

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »
    Also you need to trade items for retrieving your soul. But they're pretty common.
    And you can buy them.
    In the Royal Waterways you can find Tuk behind a breakable wall somewhere in the top-right area (it is almost above Dung Defender's arena). It is 80-100 Geo per egg.
    I never needed to, but there are a few areas where you might not want to risk a shade recovery if you are loaded with Geo.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru