As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Wait ballistic logs don't stay in your inventory?

They go away on weekly reset.

Did the gofundme forge today. Beat it in one go with randos. Dunno what you guys are up in arms about (kidding - we got lucky and had supers and full heavy when the boss spawned and it didn’t go immune at all until it was down to a sliver of health).

I also was all set to think, “Man, they really toned down the grind from Festival to Dawning” then I turned in the sparrow blueprint. That’s a lot of fucking cookies.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular

Did the gofundme forge today. Beat it in one go with randos. Dunno what you guys are up in arms about (kidding - we got lucky and had supers and full heavy when the boss spawned and it didn’t go immune at all until it was down to a sliver of health).

I also was all set to think, “Man, they really toned down the grind from Festival to Dawning” then I turned in the sparrow blueprint. That’s a lot of fucking cookies.

Haha wow that is pretty dumb. I was hoping to save one for when the Volundr forge rolled back around because I wanted the AR but now I guess I'm gonna have to get that hand cannon forged

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    I got a Chromatic Fire chest tonight from the daily heroic strike. It's aces even with garbage perks.

It's a really fun chest piece.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Got Geomag Stabilizers from the weekly raid challenge bounty, 10/10 would exotic again. They're a real hoot to use.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I'm in the middle of unlocking the gofannanananana forge. Is it the same power curve as the Voluptuous forge? Because once I got to 620 I found out you can just kinda brute force that one.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Finally cleared my last Gambit win for Malfeasance. Thank god... oh there's another Gambit step right after. Thanks, I hate it

shoeboxjeddy on
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I'm in the middle of unlocking the gofannanananana forge. Is it the same power curve as the Voluptuous forge? Because once I got to 620 I found out you can just kinda brute force that one.

I think Gofanna is 410/425/430 rather than 405/420/425, but otherwise not too different. Only boss immune shenanigans and teleporting nonsense.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Pretty successful night, did some Comp, Gambit, Unlocked Gofannypack Forge, Got my sniper frame done, jumped 3 LL to 626

I was joking about how I never get snipers with Snapshot Sights (something I need to make them work in PvP). I even said before I got the frame done, "If this rolls with anything other than Snapshot I'm scrapping it"
    gxkuusebyyxt.png
    Sadly no Kill Clip but otherwise I'm happy

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I need to remind myself that I don't need to infuse every new higher light level drop into my preferred gear. I've burnt through like 60 enhancement cores in the past two weeks, and that ain't sustainable. I've only barely hit 620, so there is a long road to go, so it's time to wear some armor or use some weapons that aren't my preferred loadout, since the only real need for super high light is the raid, and that's a few weeks away probably.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I need to remind myself that I don't need to infuse every new higher light level drop into my preferred gear. I've burnt through like 60 enhancement cores in the past two weeks, and that ain't sustainable. I've only barely hit 620, so there is a long road to go, so it's time to wear some armor or use some weapons that aren't my preferred loadout, since the only real need for super high light is the raid, and that's a few weeks away probably.

I like that hobo period of the level up grind where I’m always wearing my newest drop. I think it’s a fun little challenge on the way to max light, and sometimes you end up using two sidearms and a sword in a few strikes. I infuse a few things right as I’m about to go into the new raid.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular

Also when I picked up the hand cannon powerful on Tuesday the Sniper powerful bounty disappeared. I hoped loading back in or out would work or closing the game and restarting, but nope. Still gone.

Also since the logs expire so it's not like I can use it next week or anything. Oh well.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    SuperRuper wrote: »

Also when I picked up the hand cannon powerful on Tuesday the Sniper powerful bounty disappeared. I hoped loading back in or out would work or closing the game and restarting, but nope. Still gone.

Also since the logs expire so it's not like I can use it next week or anything. Oh well.

The same thing happened to @Koz. Definitely sounds like a bug, rather than something Bungie implemented to prevent players from having fun.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

The same thing happened to Koz. Definitely sounds like a bug, rather than something Bungie implemented to prevent players from having fun.

Same has happened to me on my Titan, feels like it’s a bug,

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular

I'm 8 away from the first step, they just happen really. You get the things from just playing, and I've already handed off the ones that they specifically wanted for people. Now I just make what I get materials for, and hand them off. Mayhem is incredibly handy for the 3 column material you need, since you get 15 each match and matches rarely last more than a few minutes.

metaghost wrote: »

The same thing happened to Koz. Definitely sounds like a bug, rather than something Bungie implemented to prevent players from having fun.

Same has happened to me on my Titan, feels like it’s a bug,

I believe it's a bug as well, which is kind of disappointing because when I looked it up to see if anyone else experienced it I saw a reply from Bungie that basically said "It's a bug we're looking into, but just chill it's on a rotation and you can pick it up during a different week."

So I guess I'm down a powerful this week for no reason.

steam_sig.png
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Regarding the Frame bug, it seems the "gotcha" is having two Frames that are ready for ignition at separate Forges. I had the AR Frame ready to go, and I had the Sniper Frame, but it was on the "collect seeds" step. @metaghost and @koz pointed out that I didn't have to avoid the seeds like the plague, because you still have to visit Ada to get the final step. Maxed the seeds, ignited Volundr, got the AR, still had my Sniper Frame. I also had a blue Frame for Volundr that completed on the ignition for the AR.

TL;DR: only ever have one powerful Frame ready for ignition, or something.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Regarding the Frame bug, it seems the "gotcha" is having two Frames that are ready for ignition at separate Forges. I had the AR Frame ready to go, and I had the Sniper Frame, but it was on the "collect seeds" step. @metaghost and @koz pointed out that I didn't have to avoid the seeds like the plague, because you still have to visit Ada to get the final step. Maxed the seeds, ignited Volundr, got the AR, still had my Sniper Frame. I also had a blue Frame for Volundr that completed on the ignition for the AR.

Yup, that's how I've been doing it. Only ever have one of the big frames ready to go at any one time.

edited December 2018
    Fawst wrote: »

I could be wrong, but I think I was aware of that and had no frames (not even blues) when I picked up the HC frame.

Just my experience, not contradicting that it probably was the reason for others.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    How time consuming are the dawning triumphs?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

You basically get the materials to make the things while you are doing what you normally would. The only time consuming part is needing to get Dawning Essence, which requires completing activities. You need 255 total to make one of everything, and you get 5-20 from each activity depending on the activity.

Except the raid. You only get 1 from the raid.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Riven's a grinch.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    ObiFett wrote: »

You basically get the materials to make the things while you are doing what you normally would. The only time consuming part is needing to get Dawning Essence, which requires completing activities. You need 255 total to make one of everything, and you get 5-20 from each activity depending on the activity.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c127fca6f7a5961775ae0ce

awsimo on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I think nightfalls are the best bang for your buck. It's like 23 or something for 15 minutes of strike.

Escalation Protocol doesn't give Essence and I'm pretty sure the Forges don't, either. Most stuff does, though, and there are daily bounties from Eva that give 5 each. I also got an extra bounty upon delivering some cookies to make and deliver a specific other cookie but I forget how much that was worth.

awsimo wrote: »

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c127fca6f7a5961775ae0ce
    3clipse wrote: »
    Riven's a grinch.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I think Mayhem is 15 a match?

• TkenTken post-CSL January 2012 Partycraft 6th Place Winner Registered User regular
    I know most people probably did this ages ago, but the Crucible precision kills step for Ace of Spades is kicking me in the balls right now for critical damage. Is Rumble the best spot to farm this?

steam_sig.png
    Tken wrote: »
    I know most people probably did this ages ago, but the Crucible precision kills step for Ace of Spades is kicking me in the balls right now for critical damage. Is Rumble the best spot to farm this?

Dunno about best mode to do it in (I'd guess probably QP since I understand Rumble to be a constant death grinder; I stay out of there so I wouldn't know personally) but Crimson is super solid for that step if you've got it. The burst drifts up so you can just aim for bodyshots and usually get a critical kill.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Escalation Protocol doesn't give Essence and I'm pretty sure the Forges don't, either. Most stuff does, though, and there are daily bounties from Eva that give 5 each. I also got an extra bounty upon delivering some cookies to make and deliver a specific other cookie but I forget how much that was worth.

I could have sworn I saw somebody say EP does but I haven't tried it. Heroic PE's are 10 and easy to combine with patrol shenanigans.

The other thing is you'll need to spend a bit of time killing each type of enemy to stock up on their base material. It isn't bad and mostly just directs you to a different planet to do your PE/Patrol thingy on.

I think I've knocked out 3 or 4 bakes a night without ever farming more than bounties.

Not sure that'd hold up to the 60 bakes for the one triumph but it gets cheaper once you've baked everything and there are like three weeks to go.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    I'm just bummed I'll be out of town Fri-Sun this week so my Xur cookies are going to go undelivered for a whole extra week.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

To complete all Triumphs you need a minimum of 1275 Essence of Dawning. One of the Triumphs is to complete the Sparrow and that requires baking 120 cookies. Each requires 15 EoD until you masterwork the oven, after which they only cost 10. In order to MW the oven, you need to make one of each of the 15 different cookies. So the most optimal amount is:

15 cookies @ 15 EoD = 225 EoD
    105 cookies @ 10 EoD = 1050 EoD

Total Minimum EoD = 1275 EoD

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    Pretty successful night, did some Comp, Gambit, Unlocked Gofannypack Forge, Got my sniper frame done, jumped 3 LL to 626

I was joking about how I never get snipers with Snapshot Sights (something I need to make them work in PvP). I even said before I got the frame done, "If this rolls with anything other than Snapshot I'm scrapping it"
    gxkuusebyyxt.png
    Sadly no Kill Clip but otherwise I'm happy

Grats dude! I too got one with Drop Mag, and the reload on this with it is nuts. It's like having Outlaw active at all times.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Got Geomag Stabilizers from the weekly raid challenge bounty, 10/10 would exotic again. They're a real hoot to use.

Pro tip, if your roll didnt get Traction (my favorite boot perk) the one in your collection has Traction.

Sirialis wrote: »

Pro tip, if your roll didnt get Traction (my favorite boot perk) the one in your collection has Traction.

Yeah the ones I got rolled with pretty bad dexterity perks and Arrow Scavenger/Primary Ammo Scavenger anyway so I printed a new copy from the collection and ate the ones that dropped.

I quite like that Geomags gets an extra stat point over most boots for no apparent reason.

Ah, that might be the Traction perk itself, which adds an extra mobility stat to the boots they're on as an extra bonus.

Toasticus wrote: »
    Ah, that might be the Traction perk itself, which adds an extra mobility stat to the boots they're on as an extra bonus.

Nope, that takes them to 5 stat points total. They have base 2 resilience/1 recovery with a node to add 1 mobility or 1 recovery. Although whenever you try to say this you do immediately get told "no no that's just Traction" :D

Wow, huh. Weird! Yeah, sorry about that! Have they done that on other armor pieces before? That's totally new to me.

Yeah it's popped up on an Exotic or two before. I think one of the Aeon Cult pieces had an extra stat point as well? It's sort of a rare bonus thing.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Finally got my Hunter up to 50! And then my Director turned into magical Christmas land and I have so many things to go do.
    Also almost immediately hit 600 thanks to the massive guns I have from my main, plus just grabbing junk armor out of the collection until it stalled out. Now I just need powerful drops to actually give me armor so I can get my LL up quick.

edit: is the Prismatic Facet bounty one per account each week? I did it on my titan, but don't have it available on my hunter...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yes, per account

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL