As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Just pulled Thekal. That is 2 legendaries in 4-5 packs (pulled the rogue pirate legend yesterday). Both cards I really want to use.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I recently crafted a second Grave Horror to fill out my Inner Fire priest deck. Naturally today's brawl pack gave me a Grave Horror. :|

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Brawl pack gave me Wardruid Loti. The card collection doesn't tell me what the 4 dinosaur forms are. I mean, sure, I can look that up online, but maybe don't print cards you can't explain to the players in your game client?

edit: Also very telling about the state of the game and druid that this card isn't run in any deck. It's way to fair.

Grobian on
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    It's a beast in wild, though.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    No they still have the beast tag in standard

liEt3nH.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I pulled Shark last night on the pity timer and was like OH GOOD.

I then completed the brawl and got another free pack, which has Zuljin in it.

So, yeah, pretty good :P.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Just a reminder, Rumble Run should release in around 80 minutes.

I pulled Shark last night on the pity timer and was like OH GOOD.

I then completed the brawl and got another free pack, which has Zuljin in it.

So, yeah, pretty good :P.
    The-Simpsons-Season-22-Episode-15-30-745e.jpg

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So I started up a game on my break and we hit fatigue only for me to realize I was playing against a Shudderwock Shaman. He's at 301 armor, each turn takes about 5 minutes and I have 5 cards left in my deck. I am determined to make him have to play this all the way to the end. I have about ... 7 more hours to waste.

Lets see who wins this game. Its not about cards anymore. Its about pure will.

ObiFett on
    I've been too lazy to do my daily quests let's see if maybe there's something I should play

Win a game with hunter or mage
    Win 2 games with hunter
    Cast 40 spells

Hmm wonder what the game wants me to play

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So I started up a game on my break and we hit fatigue only for me to realize I was playing against a Shudderwock Shaman. He's at 301 armor, each turn takes about 5 minutes and I have 5 cards left in my deck. I am determined to make him have to play this all the way to the end. I have about ... 7 more hours to waste.

The game just ends at 60 turns and awards the win at the player with the highest health+armor total, just fyi.

edited December 2018
    3clipse wrote: »

The game just ends at 60 turns and awards the win at the player with the highest health+armor total, just fyi.

Thats fine. If he wants to play a bullshit "make the game take forever, literally" deck, then he gets to deal with how long thats gonna take. While I sit here working and periodically glancing at my phone.

Basically if he wastes all his time, then I consider it a win. For all the time he wastes playing against my phone, he isn't screwing with someone elses time.

ObiFett on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Thats fine. If he wants to play a bullshit "make the game take forever, literally" deck, then he gets to deal with how long thats gonna take. While I sit here working and periodically glancing at my phone.

Basically if he wastes all his time, then I consider it a win. For all the time he wastes playing against my phone, he isn't screwing with someone elses time.

You're the hero Hearthstone needs. Fuck Shudderwock.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

It ends as a draw.
    Each game of Hearthstone has a limit of 89 turns. At the start of the 90th turn, both heroes will explode, and the game will end in a draw.[6] This means that Player 1 has 45 complete turns (turn 1, 3, 5... 87, 89), while Player 2 has 44 complete turns (turn 2, 4, 6... 86, 88). Player 2 does not start turn 90, he will not draw a card nor will start of turn triggers happen. This limit is very rarely reached, due to fatigue damage.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It may have been a tournament rule then but I definitely saw commentators discussing that in infinite game situations, the win went to the player with the highest life+armor total at the turn limit.

Not unless they secretly changed the mechanic at some point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc392c5SfwY

It may have been a tournament rule then but I definitely saw commentators discussing that in infinite game situations, the win went to the player with the highest life+armor total at the turn limit.

It was a tournament rule, because they didn't want draws

liEt3nH.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    They added it when DMH Warrior was a common tournament deck and the mirror could literally go to time.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc

It was a tournament rule, because they didn't want draws

Yeah makes sense.

Just a reminder, Rumble Run should release in around 80 minutes.

btw it's out if you weren't paying attention

liEt3nH.png
    Tresure From Below is the best shrine don't @ me

liEt3nH.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    don't worry, your name makes @ing you way too much work anyways

three is probably enough copies right
    Ox3WtVl.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Some fun clips here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU232_0JEbg

Also, no rewards but a card back means I'm probably gonna pass on the Rumble Run. I did one and wasn't feeling it. Cool that they bundle all the card rewards into the expansion drop though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    So no Rumble Run one-time quests either?

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I can't play on my phone because I can't update? Every time I try it tells me that I'm not connected to the internet, which I DAMN WELL AM BLIZZARD LET ME PLAY!

KoopahTroopah on
    edited December 2018
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-114/

T1 is Odd Paladin, Hunters, Evenlock, and Odd Rogue.

E: Cubelock, Even Shaman, and Even Paladin also T1 but in low sample size.

Yilias on
    early impressions of rumble run:

its fun

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

Four more months of this shit!

Marty81 wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »

Four more months of this shit!

It's pretty funny to see 'The old list is better than the new experimental list' on virtually every deck.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Fuck Malacrass tho.

i've run into three different malacrass totems

one was difficult

the other two.....were not

liEt3nH.png
    Tresure From Below is the best shrine don't @ me

Its the only Totem I've beat it with so far. I upgraded it to "Deathrattle: Reduce all cards in your hand by [2]". Final boss was such a joke that I just played around and enjoyed it until we got to fatigue.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    My hot take - the expansion is great, the single player feels rehashed and lame.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    early impressions of rumble run:

its fun

Mine are that there’s a whole lot more hot bullshit that you run into way sooner than the other single player things.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    my second totem was the one that gains attack equal to the amount of the hero’s attack. It had 7 health and I had absolutely no way to deal with it before turn 4ish, but by then it was too late.

I really like the warlock totem though. It’s easy to get a ton of tempo keeping something like soulfire on the mulligan. There are a lot of overstatted demons with terrible drawbacks that you can ignore completely when they just appear on the board.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited December 2018
    my second totem was the one that gains attack equal to the amount of the hero’s attack. It had 7 health and I had absolutely no way to deal with it before turn 4ish, but by then it was too late.

I really like the warlock totem though. It’s easy to get a ton of tempo keeping something like soulfire on the mulligan. There are a lot of overstatted demons with terrible drawbacks that you can ignore completely when they just appear on the board.

i was against the warlock boss and they got three malchezar's imps out from that while i was also sucking cards from their deck with treasure from below

i think they hit fatigue on like, turn 8

(they burned their quest due to hand size)

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I was doing pretty well with a 'druid' run until I ran into the priest lady, who played two circles of healing on turn one to wipe out my shrine

womp womp

in general the rumble seems really hard compared to dungeon run, sometimes I barely even got past the third or fourth boss

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    hard countered

UHt0wV5.jpg

liEt3nH.png
    I dont understand whats happening there