As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I have a hell of a time noticing enemy tells of the Syndicate in this game anyway, because I still only see the lightshow.

Anybody who can tell easily what is going on in the Syndicate fights gotta be some sort of RL wizard or superman, that shit's just clouds and tornadoes and swirly trippy nonsense like some 1960s Doctor Strange comic.

You get used to it. I don't even see the code anymore, it's just Tiny, Janus, Haku.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Playing the Vaal lottery can be fun. I have gotten back into selling extras and saving the rest for maps though.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    azith28 wrote: »
    So, am right in assuming that any unique ring or jewel i get that is well...crap.... I might as well Vaal it in hopes it turns into something good?

Unique rings have a value floor around 2c apiece, since each one is 1/60 of a Loreweave.

A few select unique jewels are quite valuable (Clear Mind is a good example) so I'd price check them on poe.trade before you do anything. Frankly, it's probably not worth spending the Vaal Orb in most cases -- you're better off just vendoring them for alchemy shards.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    So, am right in assuming that any unique ring or jewel i get that is well...crap.... I might as well Vaal it in hopes it turns into something good?

There are some good uniques out there. Malachai's Artifice is an interesting one, as it gives you free elemental equilibrium on a single skill, and they got rid of the 40% effectiveness it had prior to 3.5. You can make a single element build, then stick one spell of a different element in MA and use it to lower the resistance of your main attacks. Your main attacks won't proc EE and undo the -resistance

Or just save up 60 unique rings to make a Loreweave at the vendor.

I actually have a Malachai's Artifice. its only selling for 2.8c but it looked interesting enough to save.They removed Elemental Equilibrium completely from the item in 3.5. I'm talking about the utter useless jewels and rings. Correct me if im wrong but a corrupted ring can still be traded for the loreweave right? (i know it could turn it into a rare, so ill probably only do this with unique jewels).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I was thinking Incandescent Heart and Malediction and Frigid Wake with Temp Chains, Enfeeble and Frostbite curses for all the defense layers. And maybe Double Strike or Reave, something to take advantage of the AoE nodes in Witch and Templar? And Crown of Eyes. And the focus mod that gives you Vaal Pact while focused.

And CwDT - Vaal Cold Snap - Bonechill - Hypothermia for frenzy charges while clearing and bossing.

Rius on
  • Options
    BTW, is there a searchable item database somewhere that lets me search by like 'increased minion damage' etc..?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I have a hell of a time noticing enemy tells of the Syndicate in this game anyway, because I still only see the lightshow.

Anybody who can tell easily what is going on in the Syndicate fights gotta be some sort of RL wizard or superman, that shit's just clouds and tornadoes and swirly trippy nonsense like some 1960s Doctor Strange comic.

You get used to it. I don't even see the code anymore, it's just Tiny, Janus, Haku.

Or if the code gets really weird, then that's Agent It That Wrecks.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I just started a bit last night and am up to level 18 in Act 2. I'm already seeing multiple friends of mine at level 94.

This league I'm trying out windripper MF for the first time (raider), and am thinking about doing shaped red-tier map strategy.

Sadly, the grind to 36 burned me out so bad last league that I just didn't feel like playing the first few days of this league. But the challenges look easier.

• Options
    BTW, is there a searchable item database somewhere that lets me search by like 'increased minion damage' etc..?

wiki for uniques and the like
    https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

http://poeaffix.net/
    To look up what you can get on rares

At least that is what I use.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Just two more humility cards ... ugh.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

The wiki doesnt really let you search like that. I'm trying to find uniques that have 'increased minion damage' on them.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I gave up on my cold DoT occultist, I kept getting destroyed in yellow maps by syndicate members. I think it could be good as CI with an apeps like waggles BV boss killer character.

I made another molten strike nebuloch juggernaut, I managed to buy a xoph's blood before they got super expensive. I'm still running around in a tabula with garbage gloves, hat, and belt but I easiily killed a corrupted Chimera with #% phys as lightning and fought a 3-person intervention team so I'm pretty happy with my decision to reroll. The intervention team sent me to 1k health remaining several times, but it was nice being able to look at them without instantly exploding in a sad cloud of lost experience.

• Options

The wiki doesnt really let you search like that. I'm trying to find uniques that have 'increased minion damage' on them.

the minion page has most of the relevant items listed

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    For most effects the wiki will have a list of unique items with that effect at the bottom of the page. Not sure if minion damage has it's open page but the page on minions should have a list that includes them

Carpy on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    With the addition of fossils and new master affixes I'm no longer locked into a half dozen uniques as a Summoner. The minmaxed build might actually run only rares.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    I gave up on my cold DoT occultist, I kept getting destroyed in yellow maps by syndicate members. I think it could be good as CI with an apeps like waggles BV boss killer character.

I made another molten strike nebuloch juggernaut, I managed to buy a xoph's blood before they got super expensive. I'm still running around in a tabula with garbage gloves, hat, and belt but I easiily killed a corrupted Chimera with #% phys as lightning and fought a 3-person intervention team so I'm pretty happy with my decision to reroll. The intervention team sent me to 1k health remaining several times, but it was nice being able to look at them without instantly exploding in a sad cloud of lost experience.

I was looking at a nebuloch build, I think it was engineering eternity. That looks like a crazy tanky build. Should be a lot of fun.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »

I was looking at a nebuloch build, I think it was engineering eternity. That looks like a crazy tanky build. Should be a lot of fun.

It's quite tanky, though to buy everything you need it is somewhat expensive. It's the type of build that doesn't really work until you have at least a few of the basic parts, so I wouldn't even start until you have those purchased. Leveling it is somewhat frustrating because you take almost no general damage nodes at all while you are pathing out to get the big keystones. I bought a Nycta's lantern which helped quite a bit.

For the basic build to work you need 2 kaoms way (40c currently) and 2 nebuloch (65c ish). You can make do with avatar of fire instead of a xoph's blood. You'll have to run purity of elements until you can buy 3-4 jewels with 30+ total elemental resistance or a really good hat and belt. Ideal jewels have: life/attk speed with maces/all resist which go for 35c-1ex depending

Eventually you want koam's roots with +1 endurance, a 6l loreweave and a prismatic eye jewel with 15% ele pen from Anger. In delve I never did buy a hat with the MS enchant, I'm hoping I can get one of those this league, though they have gone from 4-5ex to 12ex in the last day or so.

The major downside to the build is the somewhat slow clear-speed, and you have to leap slam everywhere which is fairly annoying with a 1.4aps mace. You can fix this a bit with a weapon swap but it is risky because you lose all your defensive bonuses when nebuloch aren't present.

mccart on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    If you want free full fire (ie no need for expensive necklace) that is still pretty tanky just go chief.

the minion page has most of the relevant items listed

Yeah you just have to know how to search the wiki it can be a pain. You can also do a search for like "list of unique helmets" and it will list the affixes and you can do a ctrl-f to find minion damage.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

I found 2 exalts in Blood Aqueducts before finding 2 humility cards. Finally made my Tabula at level 73 (started at 61).

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

poetrade lets you filter things and then also you can buy them so maybe poetrade?

Assuming this link works: http://poe.trade/search/uteniwodomaras

That should be every currently being sold unique that has at least one of the following mods
    "minions deal #% increased damage"
    "Minions have #% increased attack speed"
    "Minions deal #% increased damage (implicit)"
    "#% increased minion damage if you have hit recently"

There are other mods you might want to add into the search, like one that adds damage the more skeletons you have? I dont know what build you're going for, but there are probably a few unique mods that might be worth adding to the mod list to help add unique to the list.

• Options

I found 2 exalts in Blood Aqueducts before finding 2 humility cards. Finally made my Tabula at level 73 (started at 61).

Haven’t found anything like that , I’m 75 now it’s jut super annoying.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Made a few lucky drops, but mostly my friend and I rushed to maps the first day of the league. Being among the first to find stuff like 300+ pdps swords makes it easy make money. Or like Tuesday night I ran a safehouse and got two essence worms from it. Easy 90c or so, in 2 weeks that’ll be more like 10c in profit.

We got a max tiny crafting bench and then bought the div cards that give a 6l astral. Crafted it with tiny and flipped the body armor for 3ex. Stuff like that.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    You make it sound so easy :P

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Just bought two mega underpriced jewels for a total of 17c with

14-16 Spell Damage while holding a Shield
    5-7 increased maximum life
    3-4 cold damage over time multiplier

bought a third with the latter two affixes and regal'd 10-12 damage over time

Gud jewls

Rius on
  • Options
    Now I want to shelve my dude and make a nebuloch full fire something chief. Perhaps tectonic.

• Options
    Rime Gaze is so fucking cheap, even with perfect CDotM, that I bought a bunch more and corrupted them

hwsl9woig6n9.jpg

unf unf. +2 Duration hits Efficacy Support too. And Swift Affliction, but I'm not running that in the 4L.

• Options
    I think I might have to stop doing Syndicate content. I've just been hit by 6k+ blink strikes a few too many times at this point.

• Options
    Just save em up Rius. Eventually when Mathil or the like makes a build with them you could make some money. Those helmets look amazing for bone chilling.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I think I might have to stop doing Syndicate content. I've just been hit by 6k+ blink strikes a few too many times at this point.

Definitely need a lot of layers of defense this league. I’m acro/phase acro + massive saboteur regen on a ~6k life pool and I get close but haven’t been gibbed yet

• Options
    I've got 4k life and 2k mana with MoM and aoe blind but I'm routinely getting deleted. It's possible I need to stay closer so I stop triggering blink strikes instead of trying to kite.

• Options

I'm playing on xbox so the exalts aren't quite the big deal with nothing to spend them on. 75 and still farming humility in BA is pretty rough. So random is the RNG.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options

I'm playing on xbox so the exalts aren't quite the big deal with nothing to spend them on. 75 and still farming humility in BA is pretty rough. So random is the RNG.

So am I ! There are like three of us in this thread . My record for farming cards is 83 I quit that league really fast lol.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I stopped at 75 and started progressing the story again.

6/9 Humility, good enough for now.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    week one shaper complete!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4nmjDKdTNw

almost a deathless run

not great drops but it was a super clean kill (aside from a bad balls phase)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

So am I ! There are like three of us in this thread . My record for farming cards is 83 I quit that league really fast lol.

Me me, I'm one of those three.

Swapped spell echo for faster casting on my Storm brand and it feels so much better.

I've been swapping back and forth between Armageddon and Storm and I think I like Storm better. Armageddon is slick about how fast you can get your brands out but it adds so much visual clutter and the meteor impact delay is really noticable.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Rime Gaze is so fucking cheap, even with perfect CDotM, that I bought a bunch more and corrupted them

hwsl9woig6n9.jpg

unf unf. +2 Duration hits Efficacy Support too. And Swift Affliction, but I'm not running that in the 4L.

Oof I would love that hat. It's perfect for Vortex.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

The trick to getting a Tabula is acting like you don't care. One dropped for me somewhere around tier 2 maps and I'm not even wearing it. Also SSF so I can't even sell it. :P

• Options

The trick to getting a Tabula is acting like you don't care. One dropped for me somewhere around tier 2 maps and I'm not even wearing it. Also SSF so I can't even sell it. :P

Divine orb can get you some nice crafts.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular

I had four drop for me last league. Three in one session.

RNGesus giveth and taketh away

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I got one in a safehouse.

Sold it immediately after