As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Good god, I knew Hunter was popular, but the spike on the VS graph is basically a vertical line.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I dont understand whats happening there

i have a loa that when i take damage on my turn, it's dealt to the opponent instead

he has a loa that says when he takes damage, he deals 5 to me

liEt3nH.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I got insane value again today!

ixtjgh2hpoy6.png

Everyone check your quest log to see if you got the free 80g friend quest. Might take up to 24 hours to show up.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-114/

T1 is Odd Paladin, Hunters, Evenlock, and Odd Rogue.

E: Cubelock, Even Shaman, and Even Paladin also T1 but in low sample size.

Four more months of this shit!

It's pretty funny to see 'The old list is better than the new experimental list' on virtually every deck.

this is basically what happened last rotation too, iirc

this is kinda my least favorite part of the hearthstone calendar, which is why I didn't buy rumble and am not really hot to craft anything until the rotation actually happens

plus odd paladin is actually pretty cheap and plenty good to hit r5 with

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The structure of this solo content is interesting but I wish there was a way to say "Only offer me shrines I haven't beaten it yet"

All of the other modes have some sort of marker that says "You've beaten it This Way" but this one just has "hey you did it once good job"

liEt3nH.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    The structure of this solo content is interesting but I wish there was a way to say "Only offer me shrines I haven't beaten it yet"

All of the other modes have some sort of marker that says "You've beaten it This Way" but this one just has "hey you did it once good job"
    As soon as the preview for it showed the "pick your class from 3" mechanic I thought, "but why? It's single player content, not arena, why do it this way?"

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    i've run into three different malacrass totems

one was difficult

the other two.....were not
    Ok.

But hear me out...

Absolutely fuck that guy.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Zul'jin and his loa and his never ending river of secrets and the designer that thought adding spellstones in there would be such a hoot are all invited to fuck right off.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm stomping my way through Rumble Run with T1 Coin Vicious Fledgling as Rogue. I've got 4 coins and 3 Fledglings atm.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    edited December 2018
    Oh man, if you Branching Paths with Rogue totem in play you get 8 results instead of just 4.

E: The passives trigger twice too
    mmWuTzs.jpgQo6Ujah.jpg

Yilias on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Rumble run is unfun garbage much like this expansion

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Inspire build with the mage shrine is kind of oppressive.

KHUWEY4.jpg

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Everyone check your quest log to see if you got the free 80g friend quest. Might take up to 24 hours to show up.

Does everyone get an 80g quest today or tomorrow or something? What's going on here?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Did Blizzard give away free card packs for Christmas or was it only a card back?

Marty81 wrote: »

Does everyone get an 80g quest today or tomorrow or something? What's going on here?

Last time I did this, @emnmnme got a 80g friend quest on the spot!
    Joking of course. I just happened to screenshot that moment with him telling asking me to play him for 80g. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    haha, I got the treasure from below and then the passive that starts you with two shrines

final boss of that run was malacrass, and his deck was empty by turn 9

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    so the last boss of this rogue dungeon run was the warlock with the 'damage taken on your turn damages your opponent instead' shrine with 8 health

their entire deck is self damage cards

just an insta loss

i died on turn 3 because they discovered a 10 mana spell with chittering tunneler

• SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    Yeah, it seems anecdotally that this run is harder because of the insane bullshit that the last bosses can pull.

I did have an entertaining match as warlock with the self damage damages opponent shrine Vs the guy who deals 5 whenever he takes damage

I drop flame imp, he takes 3 damage which triggers the 5 damage which he takes

Which triggers a further chain of 5 damage reflects until he explodes on turn 1

Rank 5 get! First time in 2 months. Went 10-1 w/Odd Mage, and even that loss would have been a win if DK Jaina wasn't in my bottom 5 cards against a Kingsbane Rogue. Decklist if anyone cares:

ECzvICvfoCpIcDzYkDAA==.png

AAECAf0ECNAC08UCm9MCw+oCnvgCw/gCpocDqIcDC+wH68ICysMCyMcC29MC1+ECt/ECzvICvfoCpIcDzYkDAA==

Notes:
    • Hold Zola for Jan'alai in Control matches. Vs aggro, grab another Tar Creeper.
    • Against Control, it's best to play Bonfire Elemental without the card draw.
    • Blast Wave will wreck Odd Paladin and give you extra spells to boot!
    • Against Mage, throw away everything to find Jaina. Whoever plays her first usually wins.
    • Versus Hunter, hold on to one Flamestrike for post-Zul'Jin boards. Use Dragon's Fury first, even if it's over the top damage.
    • Drop Fire Fly early to have a 1-cost enabler for future Bonfire Elementals and Blazecaller activators.
    • Black Cat is awesome! Drop on 3 for draw/presence or hold on to later for a bigger Blast Wave.
    • Hold Ooze against Kingsbane Rogue for as long as possible. Heals you for a lot more and can delay drawing Kingsbane by 1 turn in fatigue, which can be huge to set up a Water Elemental.
    • Speaking of which, getting a Water Elemental to stick is basically GG vs Kingsbane. Do whatever you can to get them going.
    • Voodoo Dolls are your only big target removal. Use them wisely!
    • Let Paladin overfill the board, even if it means eating a Level Up turn. Board clear + Arcane Tyrant usually is enough to win.
    • It's pretty easy to overfill your hand. Be especially careful against Druid w/Naturalize.
    • Baron Geddon wrecks the board and heals you for a ton.
    • Don't be afraid to drop Daring Fire-Eater on 3 to kill a 3 health minion.
    • Baku sucks. Don't draw him.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited December 2018
    i dislike playing most variants of mage that play jaina (read: all of them) since you are turbofucked if she's at the bottom of your deck (and she's a heavy ass card, like an anchor)

Beasteh on
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i dislike playing most variants of mage that play jaina (read: all of them) since you are turbofucked if she's at the bottom of your deck (and she's a heavy ass card, like an anchor)

I've won plenty of games where i didn't play her. But yeah, if you need her and she's not there...well. But honestly, that's how it is for a lot of decks that heavily rely on a card or two.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Yay fellow odd mage player!

So zola is that good huh?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    A lot of the rumble totems seem like pure bullshit. Some of the decks they give you are not prepared to deal with a 7-8-9 health spirit on turn 2, which is when you really need to be able to react to them. Otherwise they get out of control..

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    bwanie wrote: »

Zola is a glue card. She doesn't win you games on her own, but she's one of the things that holds the deck together and makes it work. You're rarely like "Boom, I drew Zola, I win." But if there was a likely win% tracker on the game like there is in some sports, it'd generally bump up if you drew her.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    its even worse when you have a low health totem like the pirate card steal one

once your totem's down, you're playing a fair deck vs an overpowered bullshit deck which is severely unfun and usually a loss

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    As soon as the preview for it showed the "pick your class from 3" mechanic I thought, "but why? It's single player content, not arena, why do it this way?"

Between this and getting the card back for one successful run, I think the idea is more "play this a few times a month when a quest comes up" rather than "binge until you exhaust all content."

I mean we can't have you burning out on the expansion without buying moar crads right?

Wild has shifted a little at least. Mass Hysteria has slotted right into Big Priest as 'board clear #875', so it's holding it's own against Odd Rogue/Odd Paladin/Even Shaman. Hunter was bottom 2 classes last expac with Warrior but all the new spell cards and Zul'jin has made Barnes+Y'Shaarj a playable list. Kingsbane is really popular again too despite all the aggro, runs a singleton Raiding Party.

Big Priest and Kingsbane might actually be the top 2 decks, Big Priest beats everything not Kingsbane and Kingsbane stomps Big Priest and loses to everything else.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    yeah priest picking up "brawl but better" sure was a get; it's too bad in standard that the only things you can really make out of priest that aren't turboshit are mecha'thun and cloning gallery*

*or topsy but only if you're dog

One day Wild will be dominated by Priests using 1-2 win condition cards and 28 board clears.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited December 2018
    You joke but Wild Priest lists are already like

2 Spirit Lash
    2 Shadow Word: Horror
    2 Excavated Evil
    2 Mass Hysteria
    0-2 Dragonfire Potion
    1-2 Lightbomb
    2 Psychic Scream
    0-1 Shadowreaper Anduin

and then you add from there. It's not uncommon to have a board of like 2 minions get aoe'd because they just have 4 more in hand.

E: Oh and 2 Shadow Visions for more copies of whatever of course.

Yilias on
    edited December 2018
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Zola is a glue card. She doesn't win you games on her own, but she's one of the things that holds the deck together and makes it work. You're rarely like "Boom, I drew Zola, I win." But if there was a likely win% tracker on the game like there is in some sports, it'd generally bump up if you drew her.

Given a 17k dust pool and enjoying odd mage a lot, craft her for the hell of it? I know its like 3 and a half months till rotation...

Im mostly looking for a way to beat odd warrior and bullshit priest decks.

My current list beats odd rogue and oddadin like a redheaded stepchild already

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    finally beat rumble run with the bwonsamdi healing = damage shrine, shrine deathrattle: destroy opponent's shrine, and getting offered healing/fat minions/justicar and 2 of the 3 mana 3/5 rush, overkill: generate 3 healing spell minions

was just a case of waiting out the opponent's bullshit, building board and strangling them out

felt very arena

Given a 17k dust pool and enjoying odd mage a lot, craft her for the hell of it? I know its like 3 and a half months till rotation...

You could swap Zola for Youthful Brewmaster. Doesn't work well vs Aggro, but keeps you recycling Jin'ali vs Control.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

You could swap Zola for Youthful Brewmaster. Doesn't work well vs Aggro, but keeps you recycling Jin'ali vs Control.
    Baku wouldn't like that.

edited December 2018
    Lol i was just about to post that.

I'll see if i can do one more run without it and then i'll cave. I got 18 k dust so i can stand to pay 1200 for a key card in a deck i enjoy i guess.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    It sounds like you've got a good stockpile of dust but Zola is not a make or break card for the deck, especially since she rotates so soon. What are you running in place of her compared to Dover's deck list?

Boy don’t I look silly. Maybe swap her for a big value card (Ysera or Astromancer) vs Control or a board clear vs Aggro.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

Yeah, if you're looking to beat other greedy decks, I think another big boy threat like Dover suggested would be fine instead of Zola. A second Astromancer, or if you want to go really greedy, Ysera or Alexstrasza.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I have a mech quest. I need a Mech Warrior deck that is neither odd nor even.