As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Tken wrote: »
    I know most people probably did this ages ago, but the Crucible precision kills step for Ace of Spades is kicking me in the balls right now for critical damage. Is Rumble the best spot to farm this?

I actually just finished that myself last week, and I personally did it in quickplay; I feel like I had the best luck in Control. I only tried Mayhem a few times, but it was too hectic and chaotic for me and I could never shoot mans long enough to get the kills.

Just stick with it dude, there's no real trick. Ya just gotta do it. It gets easier as it goes by tho, because you get better at it (I did, and I'm lousy).

The Ace of Spades is a fun-ass gun, too, so it's totally worth it...

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Yeah it's popped up on an Exotic or two before. I think one of the Aeon Cult pieces had an extra stat point as well? It's sort of a rare bonus thing.

God knows they'd be underpowered without it....

• ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Took the Ace out of the vault yesterday to run through a bunch of bounties and most of Last Wish, didn't realize how much I'd missed it. That twirly reload really never gets old. Well, that and the explosions.

Toasticus on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    For some reason, Ace of Spades just feels off to me, idk why

I'm really digging the Bad News Black Armory Edition I got with Outlaw and Kill Clip. Never thought I'd like Bad News.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I got Bad News last night from the Forge. It had Mulligan and Timed Payload, which sounds fun on paper. In practice? Pretty garbage. I'll stick with my Outlaw/Rampage Duke.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Oh that mos def sounds like dookie to me, I don't think I can use a Hand Cannon unless it has some reload perk like Outlaw, Rapid Hit, or Drop Mag

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Titan finally got a class item just now, it went from 600 to 626.

Just leave this levelling system behind when you make Destiny 3.

Sirialis on
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I unlocked Dreaming City last night.

It's tough, but fair.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I unlocked Dreaming City last night.

It's tough, but fair.

Dreaming City is great. When it's not bugged I have very close to zero complaints about it and I have almost as much fun complaining about Destiny as I do playing Destiny.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Thanks again @shryke @Toasticus @PotatoNinja (also Nine, whom I don't know their forum name and Timeboxer whom I don't think is even on the forum) for learnin' me some Riven last night, it was dope

Sorry for taking so long to jump through the shadowlands tho

kofz2amsvqm3.png
    Hey thanks for joining us! And sincerely, don't worry about it! I'm always totally fine with taking a "how does jump?" break before the group tackles Bubbles, The Wobbliest Ogre

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    May his gross cysts be ever palpitating

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I got my Thunderlord shirt today, it's pretty nice!

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Zombie Gandhi @Local H Jay Last Wish tonight? My Hunter and Titan are both high enough to run it.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    "Zombie Gandhi" "Local H Jay" Last Wish tonight? My Hunter and Titan are both high enough to run it.

I may be down. I was hoping to get my alt to the Dreaming City tonight, but we will check with Jay or others and see if we can put something together.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm down potentially but I may have social obligations to attend so if I'm not around, that's why

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    God I loved mayhem last time it was around but with blade barrage and nova warp is is not fun at all anymore.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    the current state of super balance in pvp is really awful, and the way mayhem works in d2 vs d1 just exacerbates the issue

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    God I loved mayhem last time it was around but with blade barrage and nova warp is is not fun at all anymore.

I went into my 5 matches today with the express intention of completing at least one Warlock super triumph I didn't have (specifically kill someone with vortex from nova bomb).

It was one of the most counterproductive supers of the current options, to try to use in mayhem.

I think having that specific goal made it fine, though. It feels like a fake game mode, so I kinda treat it as such mentally. It's like everyone has on god mode and there's no way that it's going to be "fair", and skill is completely useless.

Maybe it's just because mayhem has been gone so long? I dunno, I thought it was fine. If I was aiming for wins or something maybe I'd have felt different?

But I got my triumph, and got the 5 matches for the weekly faster than it usually takes for one sweaty match (I'm sure that's not accurate, but it felt like it). Even in D1 it seemed that mayhem was lopsided every game. It would start close and then one team would just run the score up.

I guess I'll see if it seems different for my Hunter and Titan, but the matches I did it didn't seem like nova warp or barrage were more effective than anything else. Barrage is already limited in its one shot, and when everyone has a super nova warp is so much easier to shut down (particularly with a ranged super) that it actually seemed to be less bullshit than general crucible.

To me at least. I mean hey, if you didn't enjoy it, you didn't enjoy it. I'm not sure I would even say I enjoyed it, so much as it never felt frustrating like quickplay feels these days so often (since you can do the mountaintop in it), and was dramatically faster to get bounties/milestones via it.

I'm happy it'll be around till Christmas, there's enough to do in D2 right now to worry about a pile of sweaty matches to get powerfuls.

Completely unrelated, I'm just baffled that the Fastidious Miser triumph won't be fixed till January, at least. It has admittedly been 15 years since I was a programmer; but I retain enough theory to surmise that their code has to be pretty slapdash to have something that should be as simple as a brute force check against the other three triumphs on an account, be this difficult to fix. My understanding of the engine they're using (the modified D1 engine) would support that, as there's been stories for years about how hellish it can be to work with, and how it wasn't designed to do at least half the things they're having it do.

Oh well, at least that triumph doesn't have a reward behind it. Hopefully the egg sparrow is still on track for next week like they said in TW@B, and it doesn't get pulled last minute. I've suspected that the reasons it wasn't being rewarded for people who did eggs across characters is probably founded on the same issues causing some of the meta triumphs like Fastidious Miser to break, so I'm curious why they can fix that, and not the other.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Ahh you’re much more magnanimous than me, I just assume it’s not fixed still due to gross incompetence.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Xbox signal going up if anyone wants to Last Wish. Shoot me a message on XBL or just join party

• HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Just knocked off my Gambit Invader step to get Chaperone (finally), AND I saw and killed my first meatball!

Hell yes.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Bungie Weekly Update
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47536
    Revive Tokens:
    We are currently investigating an issue where tokens are not removed appropriately when reviving team mates. This issue has been present since the launch of Destiny 2, but reproducing the issue for investigation has proven difficult. In Scourge of the Past, this seems to be occurring much more frequently.
    If you have encountered this issue, please post a report to the Help forum detailing your experience.
    I've seen this happen before in Last Wish and it was pretty great. Also, don't be a narc.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This Saturday one of my raid groups is gonna start clearing Scourge triumphs, so I’m excited about that. Planning on doing arc and solar, back to back.

I still need to go back to LW and get the Petra that I’m missing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited December 2018
    Arteen wrote: »
    Bungie Weekly Update
    Revive Tokens:
    We are currently investigating an issue where tokens are not removed appropriately when reviving team mates. This issue has been present since the launch of Destiny 2, but reproducing the issue for investigation has proven difficult. In Scourge of the Past, this seems to be occurring much more frequently.
    If you have encountered this issue, please post a report to the Help forum detailing your experience.
    I've seen this happen before in Last Wish and it was pretty great. Also, don't be a narc.

They should just get rid of Revive tokens as a mechanic completely.

And no, I dont mean to use D1's way of not letting us revive at all instead.

Just make the counter longer on repeat revives?

Sirialis on
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Bungie Weekly Update
    Revive Tokens:

tenor.gif?itemid=11754458

Sirialis wrote: »
    Bungie Weekly Update
    Revive Tokens:

They should just get rid of Revive tokens as a mechanic completely.

And no, I dont mean to use D1's way of not letting us revive at all instead.

Just make the counter longer on repeat revives?

The current system in Last Wish seems to be perfectly fine to me.

Considering how easy SotP enemies are once you’re on level, and the lack of a prestige mode with any additional wrinkles, revive tokens aren’t gonna be much of an issue for a halfway competent raid team. All my raid death in the last couple of runs came from fucking around trying to
    get the secret chest and dying on my sparrow.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Its more that the mechanic feels pointless.

And I can remember a few times where we were boned due to bugs and the revive timers killing the entire team.

Sirialis wrote: »
    Its more that the mechanic feels pointless.

And I can remember a few times where we were boned due to bugs and the revive timers killing the entire team.

I’ve definitely had that happen. More often it was one badly timed death hosing a whole run because someone had to drop whatever they were doing and make it across the map in 30. But ever since they changed the timer to be a pool, things have been good.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I really love gambit. I never want to run 15 gambits in a row like last weekend, but even when we get trashed I get some satisfaction because I feel like I’ve learned something and developed some skill with the mode. It’s not complicated things either. They’re very simple and with even modest gear not hard to execute.

I want to shake teammates and be like “no no no, don’t wait for 15 motes and send an ogre. You’ll probably just eat it. Get 5-6-7 and flip back to the bank, multiple taken are better than one big one.”

I let teammates grab motes when I hit that number. Which is hard because everyone is trying to pick up as many as possible. The only time I really get 10 or so is when it’s very safe to kill multiple mobs. 15 is exclusively blowing through stuff with my super.

My big hang up is damaging the primeval. I very rarely find myself with heavy ammo and even if I do it feels critical for taking out the emissaries. So then I have nothing and I’m plinking away with a primary. I may start equipping snipers exclusively in the secondary slot so I have some burst for the end game.

Anyway it’s a really satisfying “horde” mode and the competitive element adds tension and immediacy to it. For all of Bungie’s failings and annoyances, they are fantastic designers.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Elki wrote: »
    This Saturday one of my raid groups is gonna start clearing Scourge triumphs, so I’m excited about that. Planning on doing arc and solar, back to back.

I still need to go back to LW and get the Petra that I’m missing.

We just got the Solar one done last week. Hilariously we did it in the group with no warlocks, which really is making it harder on yourself then you need to.

Spoiler, maybe?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Omfg, I finally killed the meatball :D

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Spoiler, maybe?

Not that I've done the new raid, but isn't having a grace warlock in the group always a nice have? Wouldn't think it spoils much.

Now if there's a specific reason to run a non-grace lock, yeah maybe that's a spoiler.

Along these lines, anyone up to try and get together this weekend to raid Scourge?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
    **ALERT, ALERT**

XUR HAS ORPHEUS RIG!
    THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Last night I was really hoping he'd have Rig today, but figured there was no way it would happen.

I’m starting to hate this bounty system. Well, hate it more.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited December 2018
    Orpheus Rig is stupid good. Buy it from Xur even if you don't have a hunter yet!

edit: For convenience, Xur is on Io this week. You can find him in a cave in the northwest of Giant's Scar.

Toasticus on
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    **ALERT, ALERT**

XUR HAS ORPHEUS RIG!
    THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Last night I was really hoping he'd have Rig today, but figured there was no way it would happen.

To hell with that, he has my Hallowfire Heart I've been wanting for my solar titan. WOOT!

96058.png?1619393207
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Regardless, everyone should go see Xur to give him Strange Cookies