As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    My list already has 2 astromancers and i'm always lowrolling on them.

Might swap one for ysera

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    My list already has 2 astromancers and i'm always lowrolling on them.

Might swap one for ysera
    Yeah, I was going to ask how well the Astromancers work in practice. If they're not usually giving you satisfaction, dump one of those bitches for a dargon!

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Bought 3 packs, got 3 dustable golden rares.

A pungant cheese smell is starting to manifest...

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Now debating blast wave vs lunars pocket galaxy again.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    pocket galaxy is imo way too greedy, especially in a deck whose goal is not really to blow the opponent out with a lategame rush of value. I would much rather have another clear or another astromancer

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also re: zola: the value in odd mage is really just duplicating jan'alai, which will definitely help you vs other degenerate control archetypes. Being able to drop a loa+zola one turn and another rag the next if they clear is backbreaking for a lot of decks

but zola also rotates next year so I dunno, depends how much you like your dust I guess

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Been playing a fun Rogue Pirate/Keleseth deck and have been climbing from 20-17 right now. Of course I assume I just jinxed myself, but it has been fun!

edit: Yup! Stuck at 17. Lost to a Kingsbane Rogue whose weapon was at 12 attack so FML. I never drew Keleseth, the Rogue pirate legend, or my second Chain Gang (after Shadowstepping the first one 2 times).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Token druid still strong. I went 3-0 tonight at rank 5 with my unmodified since Witchwood deck, including two games where my opponents got Keleseth on 2 (which they are very good at doing).

forty on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    A lot of the top meta decks according to VS data reaper are literally just unchanged boomsday decks

Which probably says more about the power level of that set than it does about rastakhan rumble

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Bought 3 packs, got 3 dustable golden rares.

A pungant cheese smell is starting to manifest...
    also re: zola: the value in odd mage is really just duplicating jan'alai, which will definitely help you vs other degenerate control archetypes. Being able to drop a loa+zola one turn and another rag the next if they clear is backbreaking for a lot of decks

but zola also rotates next year so I dunno, depends how much you like your dust I guess

I guess my joke wasn't very good..
    I crafted her yesterday

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    pocket galaxy is imo way too greedy, especially in a deck whose goal is not really to blow the opponent out with a lategame rush of value. I would much rather have another clear or another astromancer

But blastwave doesn't clear shit on its own besides pally tokens and i've been beating those anyway. Even double blackcat (which happens literally never) only deals 4.

Im gonna go with pocket, one astro and ysera for now.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

But blastwave doesn't clear shit on its own besides pally tokens and i've been beating those anyway. Even double blackcat (which happens literally never) only deals 4.

5 mana for 2 AoE isn't that bad though. The Overkill bonus is just icing on the cake. It still enables a 5 damage Dragon's Fury and is huge with an Arcane Tyrant follow-up. Pocket Galaxy just doesn't really synergize with what the deck is trying to do, but you do you man. Good luck!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    this deck got me to rank 5 without dropping a single game, the meta isn't prepared for it and VS highly recommend playing it right now

UHo7FDt.jpg?1

as they say in the land of the rising sun,

平等は勝利への道を奉献する
    Byōdō wa shōri e no michi o hōken suru

equality consecrate your way to the victory

Beasteh on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Beasteh

Isn’t that just standard even Pally?

• Options
    edited December 2018
    MNC Dover wrote: »

5 mana for 2 AoE isn't that bad though. The Overkill bonus is just icing on the cake. It still enables a 5 damage Dragon's Fury and is huge with an Arcane Tyrant follow-up. Pocket Galaxy just doesn't really synergize with what the deck is trying to do, but you do you man. Good luck!

No you're right on pockets effect not being what i'm looking for either. I do like its 7 dmg dragon fury value but yeah.

I just hate drawing blastwave in any matchup besides oddadin.

You know what, i'm putting my faith in deck of miracles again and if that bites me in the ass trolden style i'll cave.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    yes

the point is, adding new cards to proven working decks has turned out to be a mistake

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Been playing a fun Rogue Pirate/Keleseth deck and have been climbing from 20-17 right now. Of course I assume I just jinxed myself, but it has been fun!

edit: Yup! Stuck at 17. Lost to a Kingsbane Rogue whose weapon was at 12 attack so FML. I never drew Keleseth, the Rogue pirate legend, or my second Chain Gang (after Shadowstepping the first one 2 times).

Oh God. Kingsbane really fucks my day up when using pirate/keleseth.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Decided to try hopping back into Arena today since it's... been a hot minute and I didn't buy into Rastakhan's so I have no cards (not like it matters though right? old decklists better still, yikes)... but also cause I'm kinda meh about Standard/Constructed right now.

Didn't bother turning on my Arena Drafting app out of laziness but w/e, I decided to wing it and reference Lightforge when necessary.

11-1 so far with a completely busted Tempo Rogue deck.

Yeah. Yeah. I guess I'm not half bad at this game especially if I more or less drafted that by myself.

(also, watching MY BOY Dreads on Twitch reeeeeally helped me with some of the finer Arena details. Osmosis, y'all.)

((that's twitch.tv/dreads if y'all wanna check him out and give him a follow, he's very very good at Arena, super chill, and very informative. been my go-to streamer for months now.))

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Beasteh wrote: »
    A lot of the top meta decks according to VS data reaper are literally just unchanged boomsday decks

Which probably says more about the power level of that set than it does about rastakhan rumble

Feels like Frozen Throne and KnC are major culprits as well.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    No Blizz, I think triple Keleseth on Turn 2 is perfectly reasonable, don't worry about it.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Confirmed: having a Kingsbane rogue play a Shinyfinder and come up empty-handed feels exactly as good as I imagined I’d would

Void Contract, best card in the set

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Beat the rumble single player.

Got Halazzi's mantle which rants beasts rush, taunt or poison. Did my best to keep a poison alive and a taunt to guard it so I did lots of board control and killed their shrines right after they came back to life. Also had 3 kathrinas, with one turn being unable to not take a kathrina due to her being in so many buckets.

I like the single player content because it gives you a chance to try things without committing dust. Its easy to look up a tier list and see a powerful deck, but I want a deck that is fun for me to play as well. I like this one because everyone is just a normal class instead of being tuned to be oppressive. Also if you think a shrine is too powerful you can play with that shrine in a future run. So even if you fail a bunch you a learning the game each time, which makes for a good rogue-like experience. But then I like rogue-likes to begin with. And I like that I dont need to grind out a bunch of wins with each class as well, though I will probably come back and just mess around.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    The most fun run I've had so far is definitely with the armor Warrior shrine. Holy goddamn shit that thing would swing for 20+ someyimes

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The demon summon on discard one has been my favorite. I got pretty far with it, I think with some better play and avoiding some of the bullshit shrines I could take it all the way.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Dragonmeme

sIQh7Hi.jpg

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Take druid armor gain and fire it into the fucking sun

Love losing because they gained 50-60 armor while drawing their entire goddamn deck. You don't have to think when you can gain 9 armor and draw a card for 3 mana!

They aren't top tier, but I would rather lose to literally anything else at this point.

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Man, this single player content is real bad.

They really dropped the ball.

Its amazing how they managed to ruin virtually every element of dungeon run, while making something that looks so similar.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I think part of it is that the AI cheats by starting with the same cards every time. Now the AI always did this mind, but in the case of this particular dungeon run, the opening hand always synergizes with the totem so for several of them, even if you kill their totem early they're still lined up to pull out some extreme bullshit as soon as the totem comes back up - such as Loti filling the board with ~7/7s on turn 5-6 or a spell damage Malacrass clearing your board every 3 turns when the shine pops back up.

Late game pirate with the card steal shrine is almost a guaranteed loss except for the most degenerate deck builds, because she has twice your deck to begin with and twice your health and is still stealing a card from you every 3 turns at the slowest, so not only can you not attrition her out, you can't afford to leave her minions up so she can react to your board, but she has too much health to rush down even if you did try to ignore her board.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure 'shrines' are gonna be the new fancy thing in the post-rotation expansion

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    I havent't lost a single game against boss 1-7 in all three runs i played, only to get megafucked on boss 8 before t9 every final game.

That's some nice gradient difficulty sliding blizzard, good job!

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I havent't lost a single game against boss 1-7 in all three runs i played, only to get megafucked on boss 8 before t9 every final game.

That's some nice gradient difficulty sliding blizzard, good job!
    Done this a bunch with Shaman in dungeon run. Can build a deck that chops through the minibosses before turn ten consistantly and then get hard locked on the last boss. Over 100 wins with Shaman and I think Ive seen all five bosses with him too.

So I can sympathize with toki commiserations even then I beat toki on my second try.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Looking for a cheap way to aggro your way up the ladder? Try this Beast Hunter deck!

gyG0wIOqAK1A7sF6wfbCYEKr8ICicMCjsMC180C3dICi+UCoIUDsIsDAA==.png
    AAECAR8C/gyG0wIOqAK1A7sF6wfbCYEKr8ICicMCjsMC180C3dICi+UCoIUDsIsDAA==

That's only x1 Rare (Bow), x2 Epic (BIttertide Hydra), and x1 Legendary (DK Rexxar). A mere 3,220 dust. You can cut the Hydras for Highmanes and Rexxar for Leeroy. Depends on how aggro you wanna go. If you go the Leeroy route, I'd probably cut another card (Bow?) for an Owl.

As with most aggro decks, you're looking to curve out hard, especially on turns 1-2. Getting any of your 6 one-drops into a Razormaw or Hatchet is pretty strong. Following up with Bearshark/Animal companion -> Houndmaster is backbreaking.

GLHF!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    BSoB wrote: »
    Man, this single player content is real bad.

They really dropped the ball.

Its amazing how they managed to ruin virtually every element of dungeon run, while making something that looks so similar.

it feels really watered down and bland and has a distinct lack of identity

you can't even choose your class. you're no longer facing "bosses", just "classes" with different shrines. and that takes a lot of the fun out of it. it's actually kinda really lazy.

i got like three bosses in before i realized i just wasn't having fun. i dunno what they did or how they managed to bungle such a proven formula, but they did.

oh, and there's no like actual reward other than clearing it once and you get a card back. there's no reason to play it beyond that. clear it once you're done. dungeon run had all 9 classes, monster hunt had only 4 but they were unique classes.... rumble is just, like, why.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    There’s two main issues, I think:

1) you pick your “concept” right off the bat, which takes a lot of the fun out of drafting the deck. There’s no element of picking a class and then being surprised at how the deck turns out, since you’re basically just trying to leverage your shrine.

2) There seem to be a lot of outright bad matchups; this was a factor in dungeon run too ofc but feels more pronounced in rumble cause of how important keeping your shrine in the board is

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm watching HCT Philadelphia and pro meta seems pretty combo focused.

Current set is Exodia Paladin, Mecha'thun Warlock, and Shudderwock against Malygos Druid, Shudderwock, and Kingsbane.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    It's just an unpolished mess.

For example, in dungeon run, they have the "look at this boss' hero power" before you start the battle. This helps you decide on your mulligan before you can mouse over stuff and gives you a good idea what the boss is going to be doing.

Its still there in brawl, but it just shows you a standard hero power, and you have no idea which totem you're going up against during the mulligan(unless you memorize all 27 totem art).

The buckets are too narrow, generally you have your pick chosen for you by your synergy.

I'm playing the dragon totem, Do i pick the bucket with 3 dragons!? gee, I wonder. The legendary picks are the same. And the final totem passive is honestly pretty weak, and the choice doesn't feel like it matters that much.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Just countered the single player cheese by picking the Rogue one where you steal a card from your Opponent's deck and discount it by 2. Then later on getting the option to start with two of your shrines. Oh hi there Opponent Number 8 Shudderwock which I steal the first round and then continue to steal your triple buffed minions for the win.

But yeah only way to beat this one is with cheese.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure 'shrines' are gonna be the new fancy thing in the post-rotation expansion

I wouldn't mind some more "permanent" type effects. Something similar to Artifacts or whatever permanent effects are called in that game.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I get how this single player got made, the hook is that there are no AI decks. Every deck that the computers have is a deck that you could make yourself around that shrine. But is that compelling? Eeh.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Mage +spell power shrine + 2x "fill your hand with arcane missiles" dudes + -1 spell cost shrine upgrade = turn 4/5 kills