As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I'm just gonna pull and be disappointed at the result, as most days usually go. :P

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    That's my normal plan but I'm already disappointed on my mythril count.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    My aims are 6 (Strago chain and LMR for Belias), 5 (Galuf chain to finish the elemental collection), and 3 (Ingus chain to finish the elemental collection). I may decide to pull on any or none of the others.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    New problem with King Behemoth - two Hades pushes my damage up so much that Edge can't keep up the Eblan Doppelganger spam.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Put Edge in one of the slots that takes a single target attack, and absorb it with a blink he's generated via LMR or Desert Mirage

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    My edge sits in slot 1 for that precise reason.

• Options
    Taking stock, because this is what I'll probably be messing around with over christmas:

Torments sub-30 280: all
    FFT: 88% (can probably get 90%, not sure about 100)
    FFV: 99 fucking %
    FFXII: 50% (can get further if I can manage with one healer, which I haven't been able to yet)
    FFVIII: 51% (room to play with here)
    I think I have pieces but haven't cracked 50%: 7, 4
    I think I have pieces if I dive but haven't cracked 50%: 6
    Fuck if I know: 10, 9
    Probably not: 14, 15, 13

Dives available:
    Knight: 1/2
    Mage: 3 (6, really, but I'm not at enough SPI motes to add another knight, too, so they're not "counted" yet)
    Hybrid: 2
    Speed: 3
    Support: 3
    Physical: 6

Focus probably going to be on T, because if I can swing and beat it, that's another 70 SPI motes. That's a lot of dives to play with to try to make something happen. What's killing me is I keep wanting to dive my healer in each one. >_>

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Shan’t Toyota glint. Is that useful? It’s competing for meter with her usb and bsb.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    XI: Ayame OSB Dupe

Disappointment++

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Zeid BSB - not a dupe which is a first for the XI RoP! Friend got a dupe Shantoto Chain which I would have gladly taken but oh well :)

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Shan’t Toyota glint. Is that useful? It’s competing for meter with her usb and bsb.

It speeds her up, so maybe in certain circumstances. Sadly, Elemement+ isn’t as life lasting as Enelement, so she needs to move fast to capitalize, in my experience.

—————

I got Aphmau’s Ultra. It’s nearly the same as Relm’s, (curaga medica and Powerchain), but it does Hastega instead of Bubble. Not a competitor in a vacuum, but there are some fights which love to strip Haste.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    XI parade - Aphmau BSB

Yeah, sure, whatever; I had nothing else for her.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Shantotto glint.

+10 mag, could be worse

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »

It speeds her up, so maybe in certain circumstances. Sadly, Elemement+ isn’t as life lasting as Enelement, so she needs to move fast to capitalize, in my experience.

—————

I got Aphmau’s Ultra. It’s nearly the same as Relm’s, (curaga medica and Powerchain), but it does Hastega instead of Bubble. Not a competitor in a vacuum, but there are some fights which love to strip Haste.

Note: it's NAT type. You can use it while Silenced, bit heals for significantly less than other medicas of comparable strength.

• Options
    XI: 1/3, no disco. Zeid BSB. Not a dupe, so fine with me!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I tried Belias again with Rydia, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to Legend Dive her to get her enough MAG to get three hits on Ogopogo with only a +30% MAG buff, which is kind of annoying.

Still not sure if I should LD her, or just hone all my Water BLK magic a whole bunch.

• Options
    So I tried Belias again with Rydia, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to Legend Dive her to get her enough MAG to get three hits on Ogopogo with only a +30% MAG buff, which is kind of annoying.

Still not sure if I should LD her, or just hone all my Water BLK magic a whole bunch.

Doesn't Rydia get w-cast summon in her dive? That plus the stat boosts sounds like a good combination to invest in.

• Options
    She can also use Lunar Leviathan, which is a 6-star Water summon that hits 4 times with no requirement.

• Options
    Started poking at Phoenix.

Yeah, there's no way to do a non-chain of this without radiant, is there. Jesus Christ.

• Options

Doesn't Rydia get w-cast summon in her dive? That plus the stat boosts sounds like a good combination to invest in.

Not sure what other fight I'd use her in. Maybe the FF4 Torment or Behemoth King?
    She can also use Lunar Leviathan, which is a 6-star Water summon that hits 4 times with no requirement.

Yeah I tried using that until Onion Knight puts up his party buff at ~10s, but I was about 10% short of pushing phase 3 before the Berserk. Going to swap between her and Palom for a bit before I make a final decision.

• Options
    Getting close to a radiant shield Phoenix kill, but it's making me want to kill myself. :P

• Options
    Only three months till aaosb

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    You've got a couple shots at a water chain on tonight's parade draw.

• Options
    Would Rikku w/chain be any better than Tidus w/chain, for Belias? Neither of them can do much, I think, beyond spamming Sapphire Bullet for chain count and using Power Break/Steal Power to clear Saber.

• Options
    Would Rikku w/chain be any better than Tidus w/chain, for Belias? Neither of them can do much, I think, beyond spamming Sapphire Bullet for chain count and using Power Break/Steal Power to clear Saber.

Quite a bit better. 20% better damage to start, and a higher damage cap, though your skills will probably cap before you get to 250.

• Options
    1/3 Lulu LMR, faaaaaart

It's new, but it's a "build magic" specific to ICE BLK, not even BLK, on a character I have nothing for.

• Options
    Jecht USB dupe

Blahhhh chains why do you hate me so?

• Options
    Every day I think I’ll jusf wait for 6, and every day I pull.

Auron Overstrike. I do have his Enfire Burst, and he can dive for dualcast SAM. I guess the question is whether I cultivate him, stick with Refia (U, B, LMR), use Bartz (U1, potential to select his O), or wait for Jecht (UF) to have his lefend dive improved.

Either way, it’s a 6-star +Fire coat.

• Options
    X: 2/3, one disco. Lulu BSB (dupe), Paine USB. Huh, another +ice MAG armor is definitely not a wasted relic, and Paine USB might be useful for the Torment. Neat!

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Wakka LMR - well that's certainly an item.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Dupe Jecht BSB. Bleh.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Decided to do XI and XIV

Curilla LMR aaaaand dupe thancred BSB1. Bleh.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yuna summon doublecast

Ohhhh well. Not doing very well this parade so far. Hopefully 9-6 go better.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Just finished up Boundless Ozma. Damn that fight is some hot bullshit. Bartz BSB-W and USB1, Tidus chain and USB1, Iris BSB, Elarra BSB and USB1, Shelke to entrust.

• Options
    For multiplayer, poison is one of the elements, fyi.

• Options
    FFVII: 58%

Not going to be able to take this one much further, without some serious reworking though. Tifa's out of hones, but I don't know if I clear phase 1 without her.

• Options
    Holy hell I just found a VI mastery where I have every relic but relm LMR and locke SSB (but I have his Glint).

It'll involve 2.5 dives (and maybe making reraise), but I think I've got to try this.

• Options
    I’d appreciate a link.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Braska USB, somehow I keep getting relics for this guy.
    I already had 2 of his ssb's a bsb and an lmr, will probably dive him when I'm making teams for two or whatever magic fire is.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It's not even been twelve hours and I'm already through the new event. All you really need to do is just beat the hell out of each level and you should get enough in the way of gifts to grab everything on the exchange store for the event. There's a bit of mythril up there, but the big prize is a new bard ability that gives major Regen to your entire party.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
This discussion has been closed.