As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Servers are up, Patch 8.2 ahoy ! When did Azshara grow three extra eyes ?

FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?"Registered User regular
edited June 2019 in MMO Extravaganza
Patch 8.2, The Rise of Azshara, arrives on June 25. Here's the Wowhead content guide: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/patch-8-2-rise-of-azshara-bfa-wow-overview

New cinematic for The Rise of Azshara: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SszpZF8KCN8

- Flying to open up in all new BFA zones.

- Two new outdoor zones, Nazjatar and Mechagon.

- New Raid - Azshara's Eternal Palace, and Megadungeon - Operation: Mechagon

- Mount equipment coming, but say goodbye to the Water Striders.

- Big Heart of Azeroth upgrades coming, and by all reports a much-improved Azerite reward system.

Fairchild on

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Errrr... did you mean to post a video about college football?

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I thought it was supposed to be symbolic.

The game that tries to be all hype, but ultimately is meaningless. Much like the faction war in WoW.

His post was oddly poetic.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Hardly. Whatever is the exact opposite of meaningless, that's the Army/Navy game.

But let's not get the new thread off to an angry start. I'll give Blizzard credit for retaining their sense of humor; I'm all over that Toad mount.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I like the new mounts, especially the kitty. The toad mount is nice but I don't have 333k gold just sitting around currently. More inclined to run island expeditions for the dragon mount though.

Also, flying can't come soon enough. I wasted 5 minutes trying to find the path to the top of the mountain for a world quest last night, only to have the jerk boop me off it again with a knockback attack. This game is so sadistic sometimes.

The new darkshore battlefront is fun, although the activity is odd. When people say it's boring, I get that, although I'm not sure what I would do to make it more exciting. I guess it's odd to me it's not a pvp activity like Alterac Valley? Or hell, a pvp mode and pve mode. Still, I ended up liking that and the NE quest lead-in. I think Nathanos doesn't bother me because I know literally nothing about him. Ignorance is bliss. I like that the leaders of the NE are finally acting like they have a spine too.

Mostly, I'm still slogging through to unlock honorbound though.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I just had the molten axe transmog drop from an island
    its pretty sweet looking
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=164339/plundered-molten-reaper

Bless your heart.
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    the darkshore warfront is much more fun, and it goes by quicker. now if i could just get the chest and staff to drop so i can have a sweet transmog.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    some asshole i wont name @Mazzyx got the nightsaber mount in the first 5 minutes of his first visit to darkshore
    some asshole

Bless your heart.
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    its pretty sweet looking

If you like the model there are three recolours of it available in Blackrock Foundry from Blast Furnace.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    some asshole i wont name Mazzyx got the nightsaber mount in the first 5 minutes of his first visit to darkshore
    some asshole

A tauren on a nightsaber is fucking amazing.

u7stthr17eud.png
    the only mount I don't feel sorry for when a tauren is riding is a kodo.

its pretty sweet looking

I love it! Great for fire dwarves.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I'm not a fan overall of the way the Night Warrior option forces you into certain skin tones, but I managed to find a really nice setup for my DK that I quite like for now.

5ypu9wcuhkns.png

Dhalphir on
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Latest Q&A is up, there's a particular about Personal Loot now:
    Personal Loot
    • Overall, the team is happy with how Personal Loot is working out so far.
    • The best geared raid groups are still the ones doing the hardest content.
    • The benefits to removing personal loot are three things:
      • On the lower end, there are lots of guilds that churn through a steady stream of trials. Historically, guilds wouldn't give trials any loot, causing them to not have any progression.
      • On the highest end, there are guilds running multiple groups in parallel that would funnel loot to specific characters using Master Loot. This made it 4-5x faster to gear up compared to regular groups that were just doing one run. This led to more and more guilds to start running split raids.
      • Split raids made it difficult to balance raids for everyone, as the top end guilds were overgeared compared to average guilds.
      • If you want to be competitive and try for the Top 100, you can just focus on gearing up your main roster and maybe some backups rather than running split raids.
      • The team is able to itemize differently with Personal Loot. With Master Loot, the team had to design loot tables that didn't have niche items that would only be useful to a spec or two. Now the team can better cater to a wider range of itemization, with more fist weapons, range weapons, shields, and more.
      • For tight knit social groups that weren't abusing any of this, there is something that was lost with these changes.
      • The change for the game as a whole is a step in the right direction. Once you are past the first few weeks of a new raid tier, tradability helps offset these changes.
    • The team is trying to make item level a better guide for what is an upgrade.
    • Personal Loot is here to stay, so let's talk about how we can improve it rather than rolling it back to Master Loot.

TryCatcher on
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Wait a minute. I read this some two hours ago and I'm back to ask, why can't they make niche items on the loot tables even if there was master loot? Then the guilds with master loot might get shit items that their raid can't use. Too bad for them, but how is that a reason to get rid of master loot? That'll just be the risk/cost of using master loot, that you might get 17 moonfire trinkets or something.

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    They wanted to try and curb splits and having a unified loot system is probably nice from a dev standpoint. Everything else is just noise and I wouldn't be surprised if during the next Q&A they insist that using ML caused the loot to become cursed and that is why it had to go, in addition to all those other things.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Oh wow fuck the Yellow Monocle puzzle.

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Doing my weekly island on all of my toons for the Azerite and rewards like normal.

Get to my horde and queue up for a normal island. My two group mates are horrible and the entire thing is a 15 minute slog because i'm pretty much doing everything by myself.

Mine the last node to finish the island and notice that my necklace jumped from 20 to 29. Curious i scroll up my chat and i was awarded for completing that normal mode island a "Epic humming heart of Azerite." That awarded me 22,650 Azerite power.

W-waht?

you are the chosen one

*grabs knife and begins stabbing*
    CHOSEN ONE GIVE US YOUR POWER

Bless your heart.
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Doing my weekly island on all of my toons for the Azerite and rewards like normal.

Get to my horde and queue up for a normal island. My two group mates are horrible and the entire thing is a 15 minute slog because i'm pretty much doing everything by myself.

Mine the last node to finish the island and notice that my necklace jumped from 20 to 29. Curious i scroll up my chat and i was awarded for completing that normal mode island a "Epic humming heart of Azerite." That awarded me 22,650 Azerite power.

W-waht?

It's been hotfixed. Grats on the luck.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    However, there apparently is something else happening for Island Expeditions. Since the latest patch decoupled what was killed from what rewards were offered and it appears that there is no check to see if the mission was a success, failure or how close of a failure the consequence is:

New meta in expeditions: AFK runs.
    1. Start mythic IE;
    2. Go watch Youtube for 15 mins, let enemy team win;
    3. Enjoy your free loot.
    4. Repeat.

Note that this doesn't move your weekly bar as you are not collecting any azerite.

Caedwyr on
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

The what?

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2018
    Smrtnik wrote: »

The what?

One of the tasks for the Hivemind mount requires solving this monstrosity.

809742.jpg

The goal is to use the purple crystals to send pulses in various directions to change all of those small constellations to the same color. (also the puzzle is randomized each time)

Donnicton on
    edited December 2018
    38siczs80pod.png

the way they've addressed this subject shows to me that they still have a fundamental inability to understand that it is possible for two systems to be functionally identical but feel very different to the player base, which could almost be a tagline for the game.

Artifact knowledge capping in Legion was something that was known from the start. It was up front, everybody knew it was coming, and in fact everyone looked forward to it because capping on your knowledge meant you reached the maximum rate you could farm at.

The system functions essentially the same way now, except that we didn't know the cap was coming, so it feels like something has been taken away rather than feeling like we reached an end point of a known function.

On top of that, it feels worse to have a system that continually gets harder as you increase your levels, with a weekly offset to the increase, rather than a system that increases your rewards, despite both being functionally identical in their maths.

Dhalphir on
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »

W-waht?

It's been hotfixed. Grats on the luck.

I don't think he'll keep the gains. Here's a twitter link from the devs referencing it (I left the first reply in the screenshot because it made me laugh)

ixj2hcku148u.png

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    As somebody who often struggles with puzzles that require you to see a big picture the entire time just looking at that made my ass clench.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Finish the incursion and get my loot bag on my fury warrior. Get a 360 ilvl shield.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Finish the incursion and get my loot bag on my fury warrior. Get a 360 ilvl shield.

Yeah every once in a while I'll get a 2-hander on my Prot Paladin. It's good stuff.

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Yeah every once in a while I'll get a 2-hander on my Prot Paladin. It's good stuff.

Niche items!

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Man I want a 360 weapon...

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Those new Holy Paladin spell effects and animations are pretty sweet.

I have a bit of Paladin envy right now.

Huge amount of dungeon changes coming down the pipeline. I don't know how familiar you all are with the dungeons, but these are universally incredible changes.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22824893
    Dungeons and Raids

Grievous should no longer stack to 2 on the first periodic.
    Increasing damage of Bursting to 7% per tick (was 5%).

Atal’Dazar
    • Removed Infested from several stationary enemies in the instance.

Kings’ Rest
    • Adjusted spawns of Teeming in the instance immediately before and after the Golden Serpent.
    • Animated Guardian’s Released Inhibitors only increases Melee haste.
    • Lowered duration of King A’akul’s Hidden Blade to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds.
    • Lowered Embalming Fluid DoT duration to 6 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Lowered Golden Serpent’s Animated Gold health by 75%.
    • Lowered Guard Captain Atu’s Axe Barrage to 6 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Queen Patlaa’s Dark Shot changed. It now takes 1.5 seconds to land.
    • Reduced Spectral Berserker Severing Blade damage by 25%.
    • Seneschal M’bara is now level 120 and is susceptible to crowd control.
    • Spectral Berserker is now level 120 and is susceptible to crowd control.

Motherlode
    • Adjusted spawns of Teeming in the instance.
    • Reduced Venture Co. Mastermind Leech Globule healing by 50%
    • Increased Feckless Assistant Transfiguration Serum recast to 20 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Reduced Weapon Testers Echo Blade damage by 50%.
    • Reduced damage of Venture Co. Earthshaper’s Rock Lance by 25%.
    • Reduced Recast of Earthshaper’s Earth Shield to 20 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Wanton Sapper casts Final Blast at 10% health (was at 20%).

Sethrallis
    • Increased recast of Healing Wave cast by Charged Dust Devil to 16 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Reduced duration of Sandswept Marksman Neurotoxin to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    • Faithless Tender’s Greater Heal is now single target.
    • Reduced melee damage of Faithless Conscript by 70%.
    • Increased respawn of Faithless Conscripts to 50 seconds (was 60 seconds).

Shrine of the Storm
    • Lowered damage of Temple Attendant’s Wash Away by 25%.
    • Wash Away no longer hits pets and guardians.
    • Runecarver Sorn’s Carve Flesh initial damage reduced by 75%, but is now increased by 70% per tick.
    • Increased recast on Drowned Depthbringer’s Rip Mind to 16 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    • Removed Infested from the Living Current before Aqu’sirr.

Siege of Boralus
    • Reduced damage of Blacktar Bomber’s Burning Tar initial damage by 50% and Fire Bomb by 25%.
    • Adjusted spawns of Teeming and Infested in the instance.
    • Increased cast time of Ashvane Commander’s Bolstering Shout to 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).
    • Reduced Hadal Darkfathom’s Break Water unavoidable damage by 25%.
    • Reduced range on Bilge Rat Demolisher Terrifying Roar to 10 yards (was 30 yards), and added a precast visual.

Tol Dagor
    • The Sand Queen’s Buzzing Drone no longer melees, but casts Itchy Bite much more frequently.
    • Ashvane Marine’s Suppression Fire initial damage removed, but periodic damage immediately deals damage.
    • Overseer Korgus Incendariy Rounds no longer stacks.
    • Heavy Cannon’s Cannon Blast damage should now scale with the Keystone Level of the dungeon.

The Underrot
    • Increased recast on Devout Blood Priest abilities.
    • Reduced Fanatical Headhunter Barbed Spear duration to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    • Reduced duration of Warcry to 8 seconds (was 30 seconds).
    • Elder Leaxa will now only spawn one Blood Mirror clone.

Waycrest Manor
    • Deathtouched Slaver is now susceptible to Stun.
    • Maddened Survivalist Freezing Trap is now Magic.

It seems like an odd bunch of changes to me. Stuff like transformation serum taking TWENTY seconds to cast seems kinda ridiculous. Even at 10 seconds, it was fine. Those weren't really the troubling issues in MOTHERLODE.

Turning Rip Mind down though, hoo, thank you lawdy.

That was a pretty quick reversal on the Berserker CC immunity.

If you'd like to get the opinion of the best of the best, Jdotb read through the changes live on his stream about 15 minutes ago, here's a timestamped VOD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/349080121?t=04h12m36s

Fixed a bug with the way Fetid Devourer uses his walk. No time to talk.

Nice.

edited December 2018
    hippofant wrote: »
    It seems like an odd bunch of changes to me. Stuff like transformation serum taking TWENTY seconds to cast seems kinda ridiculous. Even at 10 seconds, it was fine. Those weren't really the troubling issues in MOTHERLODE.

Turning Rip Mind down though, hoo, thank you lawdy.

It doesn't take twenty seconds to cast, nor was it ten seconds. They adjusted the recast time, which is how long you get between casts when you interrupt them. This is huge, as ten seconds meant you needed two melee interrupts to keep up with the cooldown on it.

Basically, melee interrupts are 15 sec cooldown as standard, with the exception of shaman which is 12. Ranged kicks are usually 24 seconds.

These breakpoints are important for recast times because it dramatically lowers or increases the difficulty of kicking spells depending on whether the recast time falls above or below the cooldown of a melee interrupt.

The screechers in Atal'dazar for example, their fear cast has a recast time of 16 seconds. This means that you can assign one melee in your group to each screecher if you pull more than one, and if you only pull one, a tank can take care of it solo. These breakpoints matter less in coordinated groups, since you will be able to assign backup kicks, but in a PUG having the job of interrupts be able to be handled by just one or two people is very significant.

Dhalphir on
    Ah, yeah, I misread that. That's great then, because MOTHERLODE has a ton of shit that needs interrupts and with ranged specs running long cooldowns on their interrupts now, it was a pain.

This discussion has been closed.