As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Servers are up, Patch 8.2 ahoy ! When did Azshara grow three extra eyes ?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Hotfixes wrote:
    Players are now able to purchase Elixir of Tongues from Lizzi Liverzapper. Using and applying the potion will allow players to be able to understand the opposite faction.

Oooh, an excellent idea in the faction war expansion.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Ah, yeah, I misread that. That's great then, because MOTHERLODE has a ton of shit that needs interrupts and with ranged specs running long cooldowns on their interrupts now, it was a pain.

I would have liked to see more attention paid to recast times of mobs earlier in the dungeon, but it's fine, you can still pull pretty big in ML and it's one of the easier dungeons. I don't think it changes the plan of death running the entire second half of the instance, but for groups that can't/don't want to do that, it'll be more tolerable.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I assume they're intentionally timed because they plan to raise the chest thresholds once the new content launches. Probably see it rise to 15 per the keystone achievement.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I assume they're intentionally timed because they plan to raise the chest thresholds once the new content launches. Probably see it rise to 15 per the keystone achievement.

Also, you know, people have been complaining a lot that dungeons are Cata-hard, so I'm more surprised that they took this long to nerf them.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

Also, you know, people have been complaining a lot that dungeons are Cata-hard, so I'm more surprised that they took this long to nerf them.

The harder something it's the longer it will take to complete the longer you will stay subbed. But if you get frustrated and quit because of it, then they also get nothing. My guess is a bunch of people have been unsubbing and the amount of them that did so for this reason (when you unsub visit gives you a little questionnaire as to why) reached some specific threshold.

Bfa more than any other expansion seems to me to be designed to dance on the edge of that treshold of how much time it can burn out of you without you getting frustrated enough to quit. I like to chase achievements and sure, those have always been timewasters in one form or another (i mean any video game is for that matter), but it never seemed as blatant as now. I recently did one where you have to let a mob hit you for 2.5 hours or so to stack a bunch of debuffs on you and then you get the achiv. It goes a bit faster if you are a healer or a tank that mitigates dmg since you can get more if the mob on you (not an option on my main).

Then there is another where you have to find bottles randomly sprinkled through the zone that can give you a 5 minute buff (one of 4), remove a random one of those buffs, or turn you into a critter for a few seconds. 100% random which buff any given bottle gives you and they soawn randomly and sparsly over a large area. The achiev is to get all the buffs on you and then turn into the critter, in that order. Which means clicking every bottle hoping you don't get a duplicate, don't remove a buff, don't run out of time on the buffs you have, and even if you get all 4 they could expire before you find one that makes you a critter. Spent a couple of hours on this so far with no luck. You could, also, get very lucky and get it from the first 5 bottles you touch.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    The main problem with world PvP has always been the expectations vs reality.

Expectation: I'm out doing quests or what not, run into a Hordie, we have a fun and tense 1v1.

Reality: I'm out doing quests or what not, a pre-made group of ten Hordies steamrolls me.

Reality from the horde's POV: 10 horde happen to be doing the same world quest as the one alliance, one guy jumps them and the rest go "eh, quick no-risk honor kill, for the horde I guess"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah like, I kept warmode on as Alliance when I was out gearing up my Shaman. I figured maybe I could nickle and dime my way to the 25 kills for loot quest because we are outnumbered. Which I was the whole time, apparently. I had the 30% bonus too.

I rarely ran into a steamroll. I found lots of 1v1. Some turned into 1v3 or 1v4 but it was usually cause I started trouble. I ran away from most successfully. I had like 10 kills from just randomly coming across fights at 300-310 ilvl. I finished the other 15 because a huge fight broke out in one area I was at and we made a group that went back and forth.

And in all honesty, this is always how it has gone. I had warmode on most of the expansion and have had lots of good experiences. I only had to turn it off once because I was doing the war campaign and it got a little hairy somewhere. I didn't get steamrolled, just was outnumbered and didn't have time to fool around with pvp at the time.

Perception is everything.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    These Faction Assault world quests are really great. I've done 3 of them so far, and I've enjoyed all of them. Two were Horde assaults, and one was an Alliance assault.

They are a nice mix of quest objectives and I had a lot of fun with them.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I reached 100 on my Zandalar blacksmithing. So far I've sunk about 50k+ gold into buying mats.

Can anyone who has hit top BSing tell me what I can expect to make for gold on a normal day ballpark?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Hotfixes wrote:
    Players are now able to purchase Elixir of Tongues from Lizzi Liverzapper. Using and applying the potion will allow players to be able to understand the opposite faction.

No cooldown, lasts an hour, costs 30 gold.

Methinks they should just let cross-faction communication happen, period, next expansion. 'Common' is a traditional feature in a lot of fantasy worlds, and we see IN CUTSCENES that Horde and Alliance characters can talk to one another just fine.

If the concern is harassment, it's not like the ignore feature isn't right there.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    These Faction Assault world quests are really great. I've done 3 of them so far, and I've enjoyed all of them. Two were Horde assaults, and one was an Alliance assault.

They are a nice mix of quest objectives and I had a lot of fun with them.

Yeah, I paid a bit more attention to an assault on Boralus after rounding up a bunch of town drunks to take down a dinosaur and removing a trio of uniquely named horde troops “hiding” behind some “trees”.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Dac wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Hotfixes wrote:

No cooldown, lasts an hour, costs 30 gold.

Methinks they should just let cross-faction communication happen, period, next expansion. 'Common' is a traditional feature in a lot of fantasy worlds, and we see IN CUTSCENES that Horde and Alliance characters can talk to one another just fine.

If the concern is harassment, it's not like the ignore feature isn't right there it doesn't already happen intra-faction.

hippofant on
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Yeah like, I kept warmode on as Alliance when I was out gearing up my Shaman. I figured maybe I could nickle and dime my way to the 25 kills for loot quest because we are outnumbered. Which I was the whole time, apparently. I had the 30% bonus too.

I rarely ran into a steamroll. I found lots of 1v1. Some turned into 1v3 or 1v4 but it was usually cause I started trouble. I ran away from most successfully. I had like 10 kills from just randomly coming across fights at 300-310 ilvl. I finished the other 15 because a huge fight broke out in one area I was at and we made a group that went back and forth.

And in all honesty, this is always how it has gone. I had warmode on most of the expansion and have had lots of good experiences. I only had to turn it off once because I was doing the war campaign and it got a little hairy somewhere. I didn't get steamrolled, just was outnumbered and didn't have time to fool around with pvp at the time.

Perception is everything.

I feel like absolutely everyone misunderstood how that buff works?
    Because I keep seeing people thinking it means the alliance are currently outnumbered, and no, that isnt how it works.

Straight from the patch notes
    "The reward bonuses from War Mode can now scale above 10% when a faction was outnumbered over the course of the preceding week, up to a maximum of 30% additional quest rewards and experience."

you're getting 30% this week, because you were outnumbered last week.

starting on tuesday, depending on how many alliance decided to do War mode, you'll get less than 30%. Or maybe even the horde will have been outnumbered this week, and get more than 10% on tuesday. Regardless, it wont change for the whole week no matter how many people step into War mode.

Which tbh isnt great. Because if the alliance flood war mode for that 30%, and the horde ditch it because there's alliance everywhere, the problem just alternates week to week, which isnt a fix it's just taking turns.

• Options
    Yeah wow I wasn't aware of that. Yet at the same time I am not shocked. The habit they have of not really putting much critical thinking into this is commonplace at this point.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Which tbh isnt great. Because if the alliance flood war mode for that 30%, and the horde ditch it because there's alliance everywhere, the problem just alternates week to week, which isnt a fix it's just taking turns.

Given that we have established that fair fights don't exist, taking turns is probably the best solution possible.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Organized world PvP is almost a contradiction in terms. It's only ever been at its best when it has been spontaneous. And even then, it's not very good.

When you have to pile on the reward systems and try to instance a proper balance of players together, I'm left with the inevitable question: 'why am I not just playing a BG?'

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I do wish you could get quest credit for the Assault quests while you were in a raid, though. Make it war mode-specific if need be, since sometimes you need to just group up to push through and murder the Horde that are in the area so you can get the job done.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    I reached 100 on my Zandalar blacksmithing. So far I've sunk about 50k+ gold into buying mats.

Can anyone who has hit top BSing tell me what I can expect to make for gold on a normal day ballpark?

The best BS gear is BoP so negative gold.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

Given that we have established that fair fights don't exist, taking turns is probably the best solution possible.

When the hell did we establish this? I guess I am just this lucky golden child

• Options
    We talked about it last thread for at least a page, maybe more.

Typically on both PVP servers and War Mode, you have three kinds of behavior: ganking from a position of opportunity and surprise, premade groups rolling through and murdering anyone in their path (who aren't prepared for that), and general population imbalance where it just isn't safe for one faction and a series of frequent unfortunate deaths occur.

Really, the amount of honorable and even-sided PVP that happens out in the world is very infrequent and uncommon.

These new Faction Invasions might help with that though, leading War Mode people to a contested area and forcing confrontation in a small space. I don't play in War Mode so I don't know what it's like out there, but even in normal mode, these Faction Invasions are really bringing the world together I've noticed. I can only imagine that it's a massive faction bloodbath in War Mode.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I found the rare spawn Kodo in Dark shore today the one from the cutscene.

You talk to it and get a mount. Excited as i had been searching for three days i land and run up to it triumph swelling i click the Kodo. It despawns right as i click it.

Looked it up apparently Kodo is set to automatically despawn after a few minutes if nobody clicks it and respawn again a few hours later.

Why.. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY THE FUCK WHY

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I found the rare spawn Kodo in Dark shore today the one from the cutscene.

You talk to it and get a mount. Excited as i had been searching for three days i land and run up to it triumph swelling i click the Kodo. It despawns right as i click it.

Looked it up apparently Kodo is set to automatically despawn after a few minutes if nobody clicks it and respawn again a few hours later.

Why.. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY THE FUCK WHY

You're supposed to just sit there and camp it, for an exhilarating gameplay experience, duh.

• Options
    Instructions unclear rolled a shit ton of class trials and found it again. KODO MINE

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Guild on my realm having some fun with the Hivemind mounts

99vzmdh11uwl.png

• Options
    I got the monocles, I just need the people to do it with at this point and I'll have mine done.

In pug news, a stealth troll in Atal spawns behind the tank and kills the healer while the tank is staring at the next pack. Tank pulls the next pack and dies, and then complains about not getting healing and leaves. :+1:

• Options
    Yellow Monocle puzzle.

More like start it and look at how daunting it is compared to how stupid you are and then curl up in a ball and weep until somebody else goes "Hey i finished the puzzle does anyone want to come skip it and loot the monocle." Puzzle.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Winter's Veil is here and they took away mounting when you are a gnome from the wondervolt.

Probably the worst thing that's happened to this holiday.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    dLDCiX1l.png
    JTqNcvNl.png
    wIO0pq4l.png

• Options
    Honestly, the thing that bugs me the most about the Night Warriors thing is how it was introduced.

We have 10,000+ years of Night Elf lore. Prior to this patch, nowhere in the lore is anything about this mentioned. You would think that if the Night Elves have this Elune themed "i win" button that they can push, and just turn on a bit of Moon Goddess badassery, that oh, you know, they might have used that against the first Legion invasion? Or the second? Or the third? They might have used it when Grom Hellscream was deforesting all of Ashenvale? They might have used it when Xavius was destroying the Emerald Dream, killing Ysera, and taking Malfurion hostage? They might have used it when Archimonde tried to destroy the original world tree? They might not have had to use wisps to detonate the world tree had they activated Moon Warrior Mode back then.

It feels like they're just making shit up.

Yes. This is fiction, and this is fantasy. Everything is made up. But this also doesn't fit with any of the established lore, canon, or storytelling.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    They do mention that the rite has been invoked only once successfully and anyone else who has tried was driven to madness or torn apart by the power.

The Night Warrior is an avatar of Elune's wrath. All that other stuff was fighting for survival or swatting away annoying savages. This time it's just straight up vengeance against monsters who butchered civilians and brought their entire race to the brink of extinction (canonically, most of the night elf population was wiped out). Tyrande is angry as fuck, and that's why she can control it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it arguably is also meant to evoke the Warden ultimate Avatar of Vengeance from warcraft 3

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Well they did say that anyone who has tried to go full edgelord just exploded with the power, so maybe people did try during those instances but they couldnt handle it. Also, Tyrande talked about sating the vengeance or something, so maybe it is kind of like the death knights in that they need to keep killing or something or they will be consumed. It also doesn't say what happened to the last people who went night warrior mode, just that they won the war swiftly after it happened. There are currently enough unknowns that there could actually be something interesting there, like tyrande going full garrosh in the future. Not going to hold my breath though because blizzard is really good at building stuff up and then completely forgetting about or mishandling it.

I also managed to finally get the cloth chest from the darkshore warfront, ironically it was the time that i was afk for half of it answering the door or eating. Also grinded the hell out of some dungeons/island expeditions and got my wife's priest to 120, but my DK is still only 117. Questing is definitely faster than doing instanced stuff, but dungeons are a lot more mindless.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I hadn't played my BE holy paladin for a while. Logged on to grind some rep because he's not quite exalted with Silvermoon (heroic BC dungeons, hooray!), and I hadn't noticed the slow heal for pallies now incorporates a libram? I love it.

also, am happy they've added honorbound rep to a lot of the new stuff. I got 4k today just from a couple of the new warfront quests. Was 4500 honored a few days ago, and today am almost 10k revered. So at this rate unlocking orcs shouldn't be too bad at all.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Once my DK hits 120 ill have to grind dungeons for silvermoon rep as well. How long did it take you to grind it out/how far along were you when you started?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Once my DK hits 120 ill have to grind dungeons for silvermoon rep as well. How long did it take you to grind it out/how far along were you when you started?

its pretty fast. just put on the tabard and go to town *on vanilla nonheroic edition dungeons
    also do any low level quests you see lying around for the horde because even like durotar quests give some silvermoon in the background

edit: dungeon mobs follow forever so literally gather the entire dungeon up and aoe it down be on the lookout for transmog items (some greens sell for a good bit)

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »

I ran normal Mechanar and Botanica. Both places give 2.5k-3k rep each run. Both dungeons also have an exit right behind the end boss so you can pop out and reset them. I think it too me an hour and a half to go from Honored to Exalted.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    However, there apparently is something else happening for Island Expeditions. Since the latest patch decoupled what was killed from what rewards were offered and it appears that there is no check to see if the mission was a success, failure or how close of a failure the consequence is:

New meta in expeditions: AFK runs.
    1. Start mythic IE;
    2. Go watch Youtube for 15 mins, let enemy team win;
    3. Enjoy your free loot.
    4. Repeat.

Note that this doesn't move your weekly bar as you are not collecting any azerite.

Saw this a few times easily fixed by booting the afker. Everybody I was with when this happened was of the same mind no free meals.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    However, there apparently is something else happening for Island Expeditions. Since the latest patch decoupled what was killed from what rewards were offered and it appears that there is no check to see if the mission was a success, failure or how close of a failure the consequence is:

New meta in expeditions: AFK runs.
    1. Start mythic IE;
    2. Go watch Youtube for 15 mins, let enemy team win;
    3. Enjoy your free loot.
    4. Repeat.

Note that this doesn't move your weekly bar as you are not collecting any azerite.

Saw this a few times easily fixed by booting the afker. Everybody I was with when this happened was of the same mind no free meals.

You need to have a group to queue into mythic though, so goods odds all three members are in on it.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Yeah, I wouldn't dream of doing that in a non premade that wasn't planning on it from the start.

• Options
    So I know people love to take the path of least resistance.

But I bet it would go a whole lot faster to just play the Mythic and win it, then to let the computer win while idling on the boat.

Also, at least for the first 4 or so mythics, you would be contributing to your weekly quest. But I guess maybe the people doing the AFK thing don't care about the weekly and are just farming for island loot?

Anyway, my point is really that if time and efficiency are your goal, playing the map and winning would get you your loot faster than idling.

This discussion has been closed.