As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    @Foreverender my shipping status for my Grimoire book changed from 12/27 to 12/21 and I placed my order last week

Check your status

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    **ALERT, ALERT**

XUR HAS ORPHEUS RIG!
    THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Last night I was really hoping he'd have Rig today, but figured there was no way it would happen.

To hell with that, he has my Hallowfire Heart I've been wanting for my solar titan. WOOT!

Hallowfire Heart is also stupid good and basically the go-to solar titan exotic imo. When in doubt, more space-magic is never wrong.

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Omfg, I finally killed the meatball :D

Our whole group calls it the butthole, so it always takes my brain a moment to process that "meatball" is referring to the same thing.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    OK, let's see if we can get a Friday night raid crew for Xbox. Wife is out tonight, so once kids are in bed I'm free to zone out!
    @ spam:

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    OK, let's see if we can get a Friday night raid crew for Xbox. Wife is out tonight, so once kids are in bed I'm free to zone out!
    @ spam:
    "Zombie Gandhi" "Local H Jay" Booker awsimo Elki Vagabond ObiFett "Forever Zefiro" Hiryu02

I have our Christmas Party at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter tonight

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    @ spam:
    "Zombie Gandhi" "Local H Jay" Booker awsimo Elki Vagabond ObiFett "Forever Zefiro" Hiryu02

Holy hell that is waaaaaaaaay classier than our "go to bar across the street" holiday party.

And yeah I will be down when I sign on tonight (if the stupid Ether Harvest event ever spawns that would be great).

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    @ spam:

Holy hell that is waaaaaaaaay classier than our "go to bar across the street" holiday party.

And yeah I will be down when I sign on tonight (if the stupid Ether Harvest event ever spawns that would be great).

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked, I've actually never been to WW despite living like 2 miles from Universal since it was built. Last year it was at the WB Studios backlot :biggrin:

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @Custom Special I’m already signed up to do a raid tonight (and tomorrow night, and Sunday night).

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    rndmhero wrote: »

Our whole group calls it the butthole, so it always takes my brain a moment to process that "meatball" is referring to the same thing.

Hey, this is a PG-13 forum fella

You watch that talk

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    rndmhero wrote: »

Hey, this is a PG-13 forum fella

You watch that talk

To me it will always be a testicle.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I’m starting to hate this bounty system. Well, hate it more.

You know, there's a lot of legit complaints with the current state of things, but I've never understood the bounty hate. I just grab the ones I'll likely accomplish in my session. Basically none of them matter too much aside from spider's weekly and petra's weekly, and they last a week.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    There used to be a white quality weapon you could draw on a higher light character that didn't have a level requirement to speed up light gains on lower characters... is that still a thing? Does anyone know what got it was?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    There used to be a white quality weapon you could draw on a higher light character that didn't have a level requirement to speed up light gains on lower characters... is that still a thing? Does anyone know what got it was?

They killed that afaik.

shryke wrote: »

They killed that afaik.

Dangit

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    I'd just like to say that I'm very here for the (new? I just noticed?) thread title. :+1:

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

They killed that afaik.

Dangit

There's still a weaker version of this:
    Give alt big guns, then there are white/blue/green sets of gear you can pull out of collection cheap. Each time you pull an item out, it raises your collection level. So you can cycle through the set pulling slightly higher LL gyreat over and over. It pretty quickly has deminishing returns, but it's a quick way to juice up an alt!

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular

They killed that afaik.

Dangit

It was Sorrow MG2 and they totally added a level requirement with the Black Armory patch

Good news tho, Horror Story and Thunderlord are still usable on lowbies

kofz2amsvqm3.png
    @Zombie Gandhi and whoever else might Xbox raid, I'm getting kids in about 20 minutes then getting online. And hopefully my power doesn't go out completely... It's crazy windy and we've had power whimper a couple times and go totally black once.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    That Heart is noice, noice, noice. Thanks, Xur. Have thirty-six more cookies.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Blind PC group did good tonight, got up to the boss before calling it for time. My first drop was the curated shotgun, so I won the raid everyone else go home.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Random dude in a strike pooped out a Chromatic Fire, it's fun and good. It's also my highest power chest so I pretty much have to use it, shucks.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    ...Mountaintop get, y’all.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Catalase wrote: »

Ayyy, grats. Are the micro missiles everything you ever hoped for?

And Malfeasance get, here!

It was the best of times. We killed so many people.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Catalase wrote: »

Ayyy, grats. Are the micro missiles everything you ever hoped for?

And Malfeasance get, here!

It was the best of times. We killed so many people.
    Grats also!

I haven’t actually got round to trying it out. So burned out on pvp hahah...according to destiny tracker right now I’m top 500 for mayhem??

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That’s awesome, man. Congrats!

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Blind PC group did good tonight, got up to the boss before calling it for time. My first drop was the curated shotgun, so I won the raid everyone else go home.

I picked up a the curated Fusion Rifle (Tempered Dynamo). It's got Backup Plan and Rampage which, yeah, I like that.

Haven't used it a ton but if you switch to the sight that's less range and more handling switching over to the thing is super super snappy.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I think the final Scourge of the Past fight is my favorite raid boss

real spoilers
    Metal Gear?!

I felt like I was right back in MGS4 being in the busted ruins of a city fighting a giant mech

Got the shotgun, not curated, but it still has Trench Barrel and then Genesis which is p nice actually

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL

real spoilers
    Metal Gear?!

I felt like I was right back in MGS4 being in the busted ruins of a city fighting a giant mech

Got the shotgun, not curated, but it still has Trench Barrel and then Genesis which is p nice actually

I don't know why genesis rolls on kinetics. Genesis on an energy shotgun or sniper is really good though imo. Being able to run in with a rapid-fire shotgun, blow the shield off and then instantly have a full mag again to melt through the health too is really great.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

real spoilers
    Metal Gear?!

I don't know why genesis rolls on kinetics. Genesis on an energy shotgun or sniper is really good though imo. Being able to run in with a rapid-fire shotgun, blow the shield off and then instantly have a full mag again to melt through the health too is really great.

Genesis does just fine on Threat Level, works just like you described

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Does kinetic genesis proc in crucible though?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    So I was hanging out with Malakaius and Basil doing some good ol' fashioned Gambit. We were doing pretty well! Got matched up against a 2-stack and randos and won pretty solidly.

The entire group of players stayed in the matchmaking lobby, and the next round our 4th player got swapped for someone who was on the enemy team the previous match. This player proceeds to intentionally AFK for the entire next match, performing enough movement actions to prevent our AFK reports from automatically booting them.

Well, we won anyway. Oops. Instead of ruining our day by making it 3v4, this salty player gave us a victory that I'm going to be chuckling over for a long time.

cw7qiut7n2lo.jpg

(Screenshot from destinytracker because Shockwave525 quit out right as we won, presumably out of shame)

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjtn17kg-g

So glad I got this gun from Xur a couple of days ago. Not my video but it inspires me none-the-less. :)

Owenashi on
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I don't hate gambit as much as I thought I would.

This is good news.

It helps I've been on the winning team 10 out of the last 11 games. I also got the meatball on game 5 which is nice!

How does Gambit work exactly? All I know is that it's some sort of PvEvP mashup.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    How does Gambit work exactly? All I know is that it's some sort of PvEvP mashup.

Two teams on separate maps fight waves of NPC enemies which drop "motes" when killed. You pick up the motes by running over them and then deposit them in a central Bank; if you die while holding motes, those motes are gone. You can hold a maximum of 15 motes.

When you deposit motes, it can send a Blocker that the enemy team has to kill before they can deposit in their Bank again. 5 motes sends an orange-bar Taken Phalanx, 10 sends a yellow-bar Taken Knight, and 15 sends a boss-level Taken Ogre.

When your team has deposited 25 motes, and then again at 50 motes deposited, a portal opens that allows one of you to invade the enemy team. When you invade you get an overshield that absorbs damage and can see nameplates over the enemy team so you know where they are and how many motes they're carrying. The object is to kill them and cause them to drop motes, falling behind your team.

When your team deposits 75 motes, you summon a Primeval, a big tough boss baddie. Killing the Primeval is how you win a round of Gambit (Gambit matches are best of 3). The Primeval will also spawn with several Primeval Envoys, which when killed give both teams a buff that increases the damage they deal to their Primeval. Once a team has summoned a Primeval, the invasion portal of the enemy team becomes permanently open, allowing frequent invasions while fighting your Primeval. Being killed by an invader at this point will cause your Primeval to heal for 15% of its maximum health, so this is a good catchup mechanism.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Death heals primeval.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    It’s a pretty fun horde mode thing, very nicely designed, but of course you never know what you’ll get with a bunch of random teammates

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    I see. Thanks for the info. On another note, anyone in the XB1 side of things maybe wanna give me a run through a Nightfall for the first time? Been sitting in the queue for about a half-hour but there's been no bites yet.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Death heals primeval.

Bank those motes, that's how you summon a Primeval.

Wraith260 on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    It's also narrated by the Drifter, who is trying to be the cool uncle of the Destiny family

kofz2amsvqm3.png