As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Bwhahah, wasted 3c enchating a crap wand because I kept reading "adds 2 to 92 lightning damage" as "adds 2 to 92 lightning damage to spells". Well, maybe that'll teach me.

Probably not, though.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Apparently einhar can craft league specific items just got blood of the karui.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    The only thing i don't love about my tabula is that it makes me want to spend 25.00 on a cosmetic chest piece. (I havent...but i kinda want to since it looks like an ugly nightgown).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    It used to be a huge white T-shirt . So it could be worse

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Apparently einhar can craft league specific items just got blood of the karui.

Yeah in Bestiary you could semi-force craft Headhunters by picking leather belts of the correct ilvl bracket.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    The only thing i don't love about my tabula is that it makes me want to spend 25.00 on a cosmetic chest piece. (I havent...but i kinda want to since it looks like an ugly nightgown).

Just pretend you are Kanye West!

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Man the syndicate encounters are just brutal. I'm in my low 70s now and just started maps and I find myself wanting to avoid them altogether just because I don't want to get savaged and lose xp. It seems like so often I just get one shot with almost no opportunity for counterplay :?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Man the syndicate encounters are just brutal. I'm in my low 70s now and just started maps and I find myself wanting to avoid them altogether just because I don't want to get savaged and lose xp. It seems like so often I just get one shot with almost no opportunity for counterplay :?

Yeah playing through the acts again with a new build I've noticed they have more HP and damage than Izaro at the same level.

Seems kind of overtuned.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    @Pacificstar loaned me 30c last night and said "Go make leveling less of a pain." Pac's a stand up dude!

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Oh hey, @Heffling did you want that six link Loreweave back in Standard?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I'll be honest it's difficult to find the thread on mobile without McCarts yellow-orange background sticking out like a sore thumb.

edited December 2018

Things like this show just how good saboteurs have gotten , permanent stibnite flask ( aoe blind ) really helps against the heavy hitters and the immunity to shock and ignite cut Janus dps in half plus all the damage and health and mana regen .

EspantaPajaro on
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    So I've been playing with element conversion, and something I've noticed with PoB is that the DoT component of Vortex does not seem to convert when I use cold-fire or Avatar of Fire. Do the dots not convert? Or is this a PoB error

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

Things like this show just how good saboteurs have gotten , permanent stibnite flask ( aoe blind ) really helps against the heavy hitters and the immunity to shock and ignite cut Janus dps in half plus all the damage and health and mana regen .

Yeah, my Arc Trap Sabo has died only twice, once died to traps in my first trial for the first lab with my shitty flasks running out and had 0 regen and once to Act 5 Kitava. I do have Acrobatics and like +150% life so I'm not a total glass cannon. I did a Cyclone Gladiator in Delve, I think if I had tried that for Betrayal I might've just quit the game out of sheer frustration altogether. If I ever have any friends thinking of starting this game the first thing I'll tell them is to avoid playing a melee as your first character.

Mirkel on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Yeah I think that the blind in hit Glads get has saved me a ton of pain with the syndacate.

Jubal77 on
    Saldonas wrote: »

Yes please. Just hit me up when you see me online.

Standard is where I keep all of my league prizes so I can look at them and never do anything with them.

Jubal77 wrote: »
    Yeah I think that the blind in hit Glads get has saved me a ton of pain with the syndacate.

Soon as I hit 66 with my sciclone I'll have blind as an option.

Heffling wrote: »
    Saldonas wrote: »

Yes please. Just hit me up when you see me online.

Standard is where I keep all of my league prizes so I can look at them and never do anything with them.

Speaking of I really hope I get the unique ring recipe from einhar soon , really want to start working on my lore weave . Only have 6 so far.

I find the new crafting system light years better than the old tbh.

The separate work benches was a pain in the ass

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So question about corrupted items.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_One_With_All

Say i found a full set of this dev card. The standard version of the unique item stats are

Adds 1 to 4 Physical Damage to Attacks(10-30)% increased Damage
    +(10-30) to all Attributes
    (10-30)% increased Rarity of Items found
    +(10-30)% to all Elemental Resistances

However the Dev card gives it corrupted. Does that mean it automatically has an extra modifier (from the list of corrupted modifers) at random? Does it act like you used a vaal orb on it and the result was to add a corrupted modifer to the item? Or does the item just start corrupted with no added bonuses, or modifers, unable to be corrupted since it already has it.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I believe you can get any of the Corruption outcomes when you do the trade-in, except the outcome where the item rerolls as a Rare, since then it wouldn't be the item you were trading in for. So you can get no result, a different implicit, or white sockets (where applicable.)

Rius wrote: »
    I believe you can get any of the Corruption outcomes when you do the trade-in, except the outcome where the item rerolls as a Rare, since then it wouldn't be the item you were trading in for. So you can get no result, a different implicit, or white sockets (where applicable.)

I like to pretend that when I turn in The Throne for Kaom's Roots, if I get no result I actually got 4 white sockets.

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I completed the mastermind fight today, I just figured I'm mention this in case others wanted to know:

When you kill the mastermind your entire investigation board gets wiped, so if you've got some safe-houses coming up it'd be better to do those first. Also if you've removed members that are dangerous, they can be back in the rotation so be careful.

The mastermind fight is amazing, I thought they did a very good job with it.

mccart on
    The sound design in the Mastermind fight is superb

If we go by rotation, it kind of looks like the Labyrinth is up next.

I gotta say I'd love to see then overhaul the Lab, introduce a legacy league for the lols, then slam us with 4.0 next summer with the new char models and possibly huge rebalances to swaths of vendor junk 60+ uniques, as well as base skill revamps.

Maybe some more useful prophecies and get rid of the useless ones that force you to go back to old portions of the game or spend silver coins just to seal them so you can toss them out.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    In before "...oh yea, and we're also giving you TEN MORE ACTS."

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    BTW, is there a searchable item database somewhere that lets me search by like 'increased minion damage' etc..?

I know this is an old comment but

You can search the Unique Items in Path of Building like this. You can then narrow by slot, item type, and sort by DPS change.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

I gotta say I'd love to see then overhaul the Lab, introduce a legacy league for the lols, then slam us with 4.0 next summer with the new char models and possibly huge rebalances to swaths of vendor junk 60+ uniques, as well as base skill revamps.

Maybe some more useful prophecies and get rid of the useless ones that force you to go back to old portions of the game or spend silver coins just to seal them so you can toss them out.

I don't think Lab needs all that much honestly

Make glove and boot enchants separate from helms, so you can actually choose them. Give players ways to seek out specific trials. Introduce a way to get Offerings without finishing a trial.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png

I don't think Lab needs all that much honestly

Make glove and boot enchants separate from helms, so you can actually choose them. Give players ways to seek out specific trials. Introduce a way to get Offerings without finishing a trial.

Delve and Lab chests already do.

I could easily live with no gating of the uber lab or no dupes of trials until you get them all. Could make them rarer I dont care but going into a chat to get them is about as fun as buying maps or sub c items in the selling system they have.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    syndicate members cant be stunned

booo

obF2Wuw.png
    edited December 2018
    This picture is called

I Love Annulment Orbs

idf3u6euwcrc.jpg

Still has an open Suffix, too; it could get much better

Rius on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Finally finished act 2 because I am the slow boy, frost blades and fire trap are killing things really well so far

Needing different colored slots in the right combination is rough sometimes early on

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    It occurs to me that that shield has room for Level 20 Aspect of the Spider

So now I need to buy a Fenemus (or a Fenumal Hybrid Arachnid), I'm sure they're cheap. When they even exist.

Or run bunches of Spider-themed maps with Beastiary scarabs.

edited December 2018
    Was thinking that I really like most of the syndicate. I mean I liked the original masters but the new guys are pretty cool ,Janus and guff in particular.

EspantaPajaro on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

Yeah, my Arc Trap Sabo has died only twice, once died to traps in my first trial for the first lab with my shitty flasks running out and had 0 regen and once to Act 5 Kitava. I do have Acrobatics and like +150% life so I'm not a total glass cannon. I did a Cyclone Gladiator in Delve, I think if I had tried that for Betrayal I might've just quit the game out of sheer frustration altogether. If I ever have any friends thinking of starting this game the first thing I'll tell them is to avoid playing a melee as your first character.

Meanwhile I’m an arc trap sabo with acrobatics and a lot of +health and I get near instagibbed pretty frequently. Probably it’s my gear?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

So now I need to buy a Fenemus (or a Fenumal Hybrid Arachnid), I'm sure they're cheap. When they even exist.

I don't believe you can trade beasts this league.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    gs88gbwx6mql.jpg

oh nice... best drops so far.

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    gs88gbwx6mql.jpg

oh nice... best drops so far.

No Doctors, just vendor it all.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Aegis wrote: »

I don't believe you can trade beasts this league.

This would suck