As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Popped a T4 max roll life, T1 Slayer murderous eye Jewel. What would I use to try to craft it? Would I need an ex to slam it?

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Man the syndicate encounters are just brutal. I'm in my low 70s now and just started maps and I find myself wanting to avoid them altogether just because I don't want to get savaged and lose xp. It seems like so often I just get one shot with almost no opportunity for counterplay :?

Things like this show just how good saboteurs have gotten , permanent stibnite flask ( aoe blind ) really helps against the heavy hitters and the immunity to shock and ignite cut Janus dps in half plus all the damage and health and mana regen .

Yeah, my Arc Trap Sabo has died only twice, once died to traps in my first trial for the first lab with my shitty flasks running out and had 0 regen and once to Act 5 Kitava. I do have Acrobatics and like +150% life so I'm not a total glass cannon. I did a Cyclone Gladiator in Delve, I think if I had tried that for Betrayal I might've just quit the game out of sheer frustration altogether. If I ever have any friends thinking of starting this game the first thing I'll tell them is to avoid playing a melee as your first character.

Meanwhile I’m an arc trap sabo with acrobatics and a lot of +health and I get near instagibbed pretty frequently. Probably it’s my gear?

Could be, but being SSF my gear is hardly anything awesome - 4k hp, 34% evasion, capped elemental resists and like -20% chaos. I did finally find Deerstalker boots, that was a nice dps boost but it didn't really increase my survivability other than making it even easier to kill everything before I see them. My rings, amulet, chest, belt, gloves, wand and shield are all more or less shitty rares.

Who knows, maybe my Starkonja's Head saves me every time I run around at low life like a headless chicken.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Had a real disappointing night doing maps tonight. Filling out this atlas is a pain. Not being able to restock Zana without running a very specific map is a PAIN.

Thankfully I got to do Niko's thing and go delving. Which is still the best part of this game.

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Popped a T4 max roll life, T1 Slayer murderous eye Jewel. What would I use to try to craft it? Would I need an ex to slam it?

I’d just regal to make it rare and sell/ use as-is

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Man the syndicate encounters are just brutal. I'm in my low 70s now and just started maps and I find myself wanting to avoid them altogether just because I don't want to get savaged and lose xp. It seems like so often I just get one shot with almost no opportunity for counterplay :?

Things like this show just how good saboteurs have gotten , permanent stibnite flask ( aoe blind ) really helps against the heavy hitters and the immunity to shock and ignite cut Janus dps in half plus all the damage and health and mana regen .

Yeah, my Arc Trap Sabo has died only twice, once died to traps in my first trial for the first lab with my shitty flasks running out and had 0 regen and once to Act 5 Kitava. I do have Acrobatics and like +150% life so I'm not a total glass cannon. I did a Cyclone Gladiator in Delve, I think if I had tried that for Betrayal I might've just quit the game out of sheer frustration altogether. If I ever have any friends thinking of starting this game the first thing I'll tell them is to avoid playing a melee as your first character.

Meanwhile I’m an arc trap sabo with acrobatics and a lot of +health and I get near instagibbed pretty frequently. Probably it’s my gear?

Could be, but being SSF my gear is hardly anything awesome - 4k hp, 34% evasion, capped elemental resists and like -20% chaos. I did finally find Deerstalker boots, that was a nice dps boost but it didn't really increase my survivability other than making it even easier to kill everything before I see them. My rings, amulet, chest, belt, gloves, wand and shield are all more or less shitty rares.

Who knows, maybe my Starkonja's Head saves me every time I run around at low life like a headless chicken.

I have 150% life and MoM. I was getting instagibbed in maps until I boosted my chaos resist to about -20 and started running an Atziri flask.

The syndicate members themselves do a lot of damage for sure, but all of the "normal" syndicate enemies do a lot of chaos damage.

Steam: Spawnbroker
    Any tips for completing the Atlas as a SSF? Having trouble getting past tier 5 or so and the damn Shaper influence Zana wants me to purge keeps on appearing in maps I just can't seem to get anywhere. Back in Delve I bought a lot of maps from Zana but it seems her inventory barely restocks (and is crap anyways because I haven't done the Shaper thing) so that's not very helpful. I did get a bunch of rare unid'd tier 4-5 maps from a safehouse raid, those might help me push forward a bit (or kill me horribly).

Carpy wrote: »

I’d just regal to make it rare and sell/ use as-is

Thanks, I couldn't think of the upgrade currency and got exalt sick in my head.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I have 150% life and MoM. I was getting instagibbed in maps until I boosted my chaos resist to about -20 and started running an Atziri flask.

The syndicate members themselves do a lot of damage for sure, but all of the "normal" syndicate enemies do a lot of chaos damage.

I'm pushing my build forward with a Devoto's and Blind on Hit on my ancestral protector. (Still don't have the Devoto's, but I'm working on it!)

The Blind on Hit has been a fucking lifesaver.

• Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular

Fighting the syndicate mobs is super frustrating with my build. I'm not sure what my life % is, I'm following the Windz's GC miner build. I just keep getting blown up. I have a full set of defensive flasks, instant heal life flask, and I still just melt.

A tanky ranged character might be a good bet, but you still need high DPS because they spawn so fast. It's not a very forgiving league.

@fRAWRst I watched your shaper kill video and I was curious why did you choose traps over mines? I don't have any experience with either before this playthrough.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    T0mHC3E.jpg

...This thing has a prefix free. For 8-9% non-chaos as chaos craft, clearly.

That was a good temple.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    We all know that build setup is most important but tbh my current sciclone build looks fucking stellar. It's the blue cyclone with the Delve blurple supporter pack weapon effect.

I shall post videos once I start mapping (I'm on A10 for the third time this season, so it'll be later today after work).

It's just a blue and purple swirl of death!

jungleroomx on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I’m enjoying this map tab , it marking completed maps helps out immensely too. Also spent 4 chaos on spell damage only to immediately unlock the next rank . Lol.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Damn Aegis that's a hell of a spell stick

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Damn Aegis that's a hell of a spell stick

I want to use it, it would be at least +10% dps, but I don't have another sceptre offhand or a shield and the crit multi is useless for me so I also want to sell it.

Characters
    edited December 2018
    Thought you were doing winter orb

I am, but I'm that ele node that gives you +40% more damage if you've crit recently but sets your crit multi to 100%.

Aegis on
    Characters
    Oooohhhhh... that doesn't seem like a good idea? I mean, it's expensive to scale crit but you ought to be heading in that direction with any hit-based spell build

edited December 2018
    Oooohhhhh... that doesn't seem like a good idea? I mean, it's expensive to scale crit but you ought to be heading in that direction with any hit-based spell build

I've been lazy.

I mean, I might have just spec'd out a crit version of this build, with the sceptre providing a +20% dps boost before factoring in the 9% non-chaos gained as chaos, so uh...okay fine crit might be a little better.

But now I need a shield.

Edit: Also, technically, these builds eventually transition into Inpulsa's, and crit with Inpulsa's is pointless since it doesn't scale. But I like Loreweave.

Aegis on
    Characters
    Inpulsa's also fuckspensive this league

Hey Rius, craft me a god-tier shield for me, thanks.

Characters
    Speaking of Next On the List of Things to Fix: please GGG, do something about Torment ghosts.

They're worthless

Characters
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »

Fighting the syndicate mobs is super frustrating with my build. I'm not sure what my life % is, I'm following the Windz's GC miner build. I just keep getting blown up. I have a full set of defensive flasks, instant heal life flask, and I still just melt.

A tanky ranged character might be a good bet, but you still need high DPS because they spawn so fast. It's not a very forgiving league.

@fRAWRst I watched your shaper kill video and I was curious why did you choose traps over mines? I don't have any experience with either before this playthrough.

No particular reason, Mines do more dmg but i prefer traps for mapping

just preference between the two

J3qcnBP.png
    Aegis wrote: »
    Speaking of Next On the List of Things to Fix: please GGG, do something about Torment ghosts.

They're worthless

While they're at it fix lockboxes. I feel like regular boxes and barrels are more worth my time.

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I feel like doing Chaos inoculation/MoM is the only way to play this league.

So much chaos damage it's absurd.

Tora keeps one shotting me. T2 map, 2500 HP 500 ES. I have my chaos reists to like -10.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    I got my Chaos Res up to +18 and it's a big difference, with 5k HP and 1300 Mana as Trickster MoM

Can't really ignore chaos res anymore, GGG has wised up

The hybrid chaos elemental resist crafts are really nice for that

I have very few rare slots so I found a belt, ring and shield with 20, 28 and 30 chaos res

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    If we go by rotation, it kind of looks like the Labyrinth is up next.

I gotta say I'd love to see then overhaul the Lab, introduce a legacy league for the lols, then slam us with 4.0 next summer with the new char models and possibly huge rebalances to swaths of vendor junk 60+ uniques, as well as base skill revamps.

Maybe some more useful prophecies and get rid of the useless ones that force you to go back to old portions of the game or spend silver coins just to seal them so you can toss them out.

I don't think Lab needs all that much honestly

Make glove and boot enchants separate from helms, so you can actually choose them. Give players ways to seek out specific trials. Introduce a way to get Offerings without finishing a trial.

Delve and Lab chests already do.

Lab chests just work as a refund system

Delve is a little RNG. It's also mutually exclusive to running lab (no sulphite in there) which depending on how you want lab to work is either a good thing or a big miss.

That highlights another issue I'd like to see them address: the labyrinth contains none of the content added since 2.2 launched. Which makes it both more boring than mapping and less rewarding with every league that gets integrated into core PoE

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

They're worthless

They’re valuable for possessing a boss or syndicate member and eating your entire butthole off

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Koreg wrote: »
    I feel like doing Chaos inoculation/MoM is the only way to play this league.

So much chaos damage it's absurd.

Tora keeps one shotting me. T2 map, 2500 HP 500 ES. I have my chaos reists to like -10.
    It that fled , more like it that deleted me from existence.

Though to be fair I’m a arc miner all I do is is throw down the detonate mine totem and throw down mines till the entire hemisphere is dead.

EspantaPajaro on
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Any tips for completing the Atlas as a SSF? Having trouble getting past tier 5 or so and the damn Shaper influence Zana wants me to purge keeps on appearing in maps I just can't seem to get anywhere. Back in Delve I bought a lot of maps from Zana but it seems her inventory barely restocks (and is crap anyways because I haven't done the Shaper thing) so that's not very helpful. I did get a bunch of rare unid'd tier 4-5 maps from a safehouse raid, those might help me push forward a bit (or kill me horribly).

This isnt a fantastic solution but...

Rin, the syndicate member, when on transportation, the safehouse loot will be maps that you have yet to do on your atlas.
    If you need to, you can go farm blood aqueducts for a bit. (Syndicate scale to the map they're in, so it'll be trivial to kill them here). Do your best to force her to transport, rank her to 3 stars, get her as leader of transport if possible (Interrogate the current leader while she's the highest rank) and then do the safehouse.

• Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »

No particular reason, Mines do more dmg but i prefer traps for mapping

just preference between the two

They definitely seem more player friendly. Self detonating and can throw them ahead of you. Both seem like major quality of life improvements.

I recently had Tora show up for the first time. I have -60% chaos resistance, I straight melted.

edited December 2018
    Tora and It That Fled both hit like fucking trains if you have no chaos resistance. Chaos res is no longer optional in this league. I dunno if 85% is necessary, but -60 is gonna leave a mark.

jungleroomx on
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Currently everything dies damn quickly to my Arc traps+Lightning Spire for bigger enemies, but I know I'll run into a wall without more evasion and Tinkerskin + MoM + Eldritch Battery sooner or later. There has been some dicey moments.

Absalon on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

I was nowhere near capped resists (had like 20 each) so I think this was a big part of it. Now I have like 60 each and surviving much better. I guess capping resists is pretty important?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    la4c60q8uxkq.png

this is helping ALOT for it that fled/tora

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png

I was nowhere near capped resists (had like 20 each) so I think this was a big part of it. Now I have like 60 each and surviving much better. I guess capping resists is pretty important?

Yeah. If something hits for 5000 fire damage and I have 75% fire res, I take 1250. You with (say) fire res 60% take 2000 damage. That's quite the difference. Besides the normal elemental damage (and there's a lot of it) maps have added elemental damage mods all the time.

Tora and It That Fled both hit like fucking trains if you have no chaos resistance. Chaos res is no longer optional in this league. I dunno if 85% is necessary, but -60 is gonna leave a mark.

My build goes right past the Method to the Madness chaos res node, I might just go and grab those 4 points for 28% chaos resistance. Should do a lot more to my performance at this point than getting another +5% more damage or whatever.

Also: Atziri's Promise is a quick way to get 35% chaos res.

Characters