As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

we still need to talk about [My Hero Academia]

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I just don't get what y'all see in Monoma. He's an unrepentant asshole, who needs a good face caving in.

Maybe Deku will unlock his darkness mode, lose control, and savage Monoma.

The author himself said Monoma did nothing wrong. His hatred of 1A comes from Bakugo's jackass speech.
    also hurting Deku's feelings is the tactically correct move

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I agree with you, especially if Monoma has Shinso's quirk loaded, but he's a punk that could use a fist from someone besides Kendo.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I just don't get what y'all see in Monoma. He's an unrepentant asshole, who needs a good face caving in.

The author himself said Monoma did nothing wrong. His hatred of 1A comes from Bakugo's jackass speech.

Death of an author then. Authors can be wrong about their own characters. In fact, this author already apologized for:
    Bakugou telling Deku to kill himself in the first chapter.

In this case, if:
    Monoma is right, this makes me think the author approves of asshole (characters), more than it makes me sympathetic to Monoma feeling slighted.

As to your spoiler:
    I don't disagree tactically, but Monoma doesn't know the whole story, so from the audience's perspective we know how cruel and untrue what he's saying is. The natural result of which should be Deku punching in Monoma's face until his poisonous tongue learns some restraint.

• Options

Death of an author then. Authors can be wrong about their own characters. In fact, this author already apologized for:

In this case, if:
    Monoma is right, this makes me think the author approves of asshole (characters), more than it makes me sympathetic to Monoma feeling slighted.

As to your spoiler:
    I don't disagree tactically, but Monoma doesn't know the whole story, so from the audience's perspective we know how cruel and untrue what he's saying is. The natural result of which should be Deku punching in Monoma's face until his poisonous tongue learns some restraint.

classic 1A, reacting to words with disproportionate violence
    anyone shit talking Bakugou is fine with me tbh, fuck Bakugou

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I can't believe Monoma is fucking dead.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Barnes and Noble is doing a buy 2 get 1 free on manga for the next month, including MHA.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Barnes and Noble is doing a buy 2 get 1 free on manga for the next month, including MHA.

Motherfucker I don't have room for books

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PLA wrote: »
    I can't believe Monoma is fucking dead.

Please do not joke about this. It's very inconsiderate.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

In this case, if:

As to your spoiler:

classic 1A, reacting to words with disproportionate violence
    anyone shit talking Bakugou is fine with me tbh, fuck Bakugou

Look, sometimes when a man strays from the right path, a kind man needs the courage to raise his fist and correct him.

The irony of course for me is that:
    For the most part I despise Bakugou for his own lack of self-awareness. If Monoma wants to rag on Bakugou for his actual character flaws, by all means let them fight.

But attacking Bakugou for something that's not his fault, specifically to hurt Midoriya, just rankles the hell out of me. If Monoma sincerely apologizes afterwards, that's one thing, but it's still bad form and Monoma's pretty much on my shit list now. Viscerally I just really want to see Deku leave Monoma speechless and regretting his words.

Insofar as fictional people can be such a list, of course.

• Options
    Kendo won't have an excuse for hitting her classmates now that Monoma has died. How will she deal with that?

• Options
    Kendo won't have an excuse for hitting her classmates now that Monoma has died. How will she deal with that?
    by hitting Deku until he dies

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Then be mad at the right party. Nobody in his class seems to agrees with him and most find it tedious thats hes still doing this shit

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    monoma is the symbol of peace

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Then be mad at the right party. Nobody in his class seems to agrees with him and most find it tedious thats hes still doing this shit
    Setsuna apologized to him for losing, so evidently this means something to people besides Monoma himself

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

I'm up to 15 volumes now, but I need to now how far this is going.

Because I could get away with it going to 30 since it fits in a box, but I can't be held hostage like this person.

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »

Because I could get away with it going to 30 since it fits in a box, but I can't be held hostage like this person.

This strikes me as a 50 volume series

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I would like it to run in perpetuity like american superhero comics

• Options

My problem is that Vinland Saga hardcovers take up a lot of room and Silver Spoon finally got licensed for a North American release (the other English translation was for a Southeast Asian market).

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

This strikes me as a 50 volume series
    Yeah, this is not going to be a short one; Dragon Ball was 42, Naruto was 72 (not including Boruto), One Piece is infinite, so... there's precedent for a long-ass run.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I can see it ending between 400 and 500 chapters; there is simply not enough metaplot available in a story for it to go longer, unless author will get inspired by Naruto and will start introducing new villains out of absolutely nowhere.

• Options
    I think you could do a time skip and focus on Dekus hero life after the AFO shadow has been lifted

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    just keep escalating the scale until we're at crisis on infinite earth's

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Why yes I would like to see Earth-2, Earth-3, etc. Versions of the cast

Shit thats how you get the rad fantasy versions from that credits sequence

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Escalating the story would be easy as set up. Right now, they are focusing on the people who have powers and the issues that causes. From there, they can start exploring where the powers came from in the first place, with the kind of antagonists who operate at that level.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Plus, if they get out of HS, that would ideally mean no more Purple Trash Bag hanging around.

Still want that Iida-Ochaco-Deku musketeer thing the series started with though. The only acceptable substitute being the Ochaco-Kirishima-Kaminari-Sero goofy justice league team.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    But.

This is still mainly a manga produced for a japanese teenagers.

Even if they WOULD accept evolution of the story so Deku is no longer in high school, Im afraid that editors would still freak the fuck out and kill this idea before it's birth.

I think majority of the plot will act out while Deku is still a student, and only in epilogue we will see an adult version of him.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I really just want MHA to have a definite, narrative end rather than just keep going like a zombie. Even One Piece, long as it's going, has that definite narrative end, it's not gonna go on forever.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Time is passing at least.

I think we're partway through the second semester so we're probably coming close to the second tournament happening soon.

A lot of this current arc could probably play out there, or perhaps we're having this so that we're more familiar with Class B for when that happens.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

There's going to be a new MMO that everyone starts playing and they get trapped inside it for 2 seasons.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    And then xenomorphs.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    And then xenomorphs.

Speaking of Mina

https://youtu.be/hkaBT-u7qn8?t=13

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I can see it ending between 400 and 500 chapters; there is simply not enough metaplot available in a story for it to go longer, unless author will get inspired by Naruto and will start introducing new villains out of absolutely nowhere.

I really hope it doesn't go that way, but the story is framed as how Deku became the greatest hero, so it's an option.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

There's going to be a new MMO that everyone starts playing and they get trapped inside it for 2 seasons.

So that's where the season 2 ending is from

• Options
    So the digital magazine was supposed to convert to a digital vault for MHA at Viz today. Has anyone figured out where to go, exactly?

• Options
    Magazine release usually isn't until 10am Pacific, so might not be out yet?

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I heard someone say that the dragon in that fantasy ED is Kirishima.

Which is the best, if true.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Do a time skip, 20 years in the Future, Deku must pass on OFA to the next generation, the daughter of Bakugo who is much better then her dad who never quite made it to being a hero and is never seen or heard from at all.

Also besides Deku theres also Froppy Jr. the son of Froppy.

• Options
    Magazine release usually isn't until 10am Pacific, so might not be out yet?

Looks like I was wrong and it's 11am.

Website has now updated, but it's not recognizing my password so I can't get in to check. I'm guessing same deal on phone app.

Free chapters for everyone is not every WSJ series (I kinda expected that - I don't see Viz doing Yuuna or anything like that), but it's definitely expanded.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Free chapters is just the stuff that they were publishing in WSJ before

Paid subscribers get the archives, which has a lot (but looks like no Hunter x Hunter, one Punch Man, or Tokyo Ghoul, unless those will be coming later)

Stuff that has been released in JP jump, but not through the U.S. Version of Jump, isn't included to either free or paid users

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Do a time skip, 20 years in the Future, Deku must pass on OFA to the next generation, the daughter of Bakugo who is much better then her dad who never quite made it to being a hero and is never seen or heard from at all.

Also besides Deku theres also Froppy Jr. the son of Froppy.

Quirk: Junior. Can do pretty much anything his mom could do.

steam_sig.png