As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[College Football] I'M BIG COW AND I DON'T LIKE YOUUUUU

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    So is it possible for one to become a Michigan Man for a day?

Because this dumbass argument about how UCF should play UF in a 2-and-1 series that only benefits the Gators isn't going away, and I am in desperate need of some schadenfreude.

Do you have any turtlenecks you can throw on real quick?

This is not a thing, for the record.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

Because this dumbass argument about how UCF should play UF in a 2-and-1 series that only benefits the Gators isn't going away, and I am in desperate need of some schadenfreude.

And some lulu lemon khakis and really rock a half squat during the game.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular

As now demonstrated, a true Michigan Man will get defensive about any slight.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

UF is trying desperately to add some legitimacy to their weak schedule
    :)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades

Michigan Men don't feel the cold and we don't need turtlenecks.

Magell wrote: »

Makes sense why you guys are ok with the Orange Bowl trip then, cause you get to break out the polos again.

t70pctuqq2uv.png

Makes sense why you guys are ok with the Orange Bowl trip then, cause you get to break out the polos again.

I did move to Florida because I hate snow, so I guess that's not completely accurate. Plus I do wear polos to work. I feel very called out right now.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

And some lulu lemon khakis and really rock a half squat during the game.

So I’m not usually one to come to the defense of Michigan Man, but outside of the inflated price, lulu lemon makes office clothes that look good enough and that you can comfortably do a pommel horse rotation in with no problems. This is the future of clothing.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

Can it be a thing, though? I love turtlenecks.

Ohio State is having Urban teach a class in leadership. It's nice when your rivals are so fucking loathesome.

BOWL PICK'EMS PART 2: THE AWKWARD MIDDLE CHILD CAUSE THE SCHEDULE REMAINS WEIRD

Reminder: all bowl games are Against-the-Spread, and because these are all non-NY6 games, they will all count for one point. This set of picks are due December 26th at 1:30 PM EST.

Boston College vs. #25 Boise State (-2.5) - LIVE FROM DALLAS, IT'S THE COTTON BOWL SERVPRO FIRST RESPONDER BOWL! Boise State had a solid year, but considering they lost a home game to Fresno State in the MWC Championship game, it probably falls short of the always-high expectations. Boston College, meanwhile, was on the road to a really good season until a 3-game skid to end the year let them finish at 7-5 yet again. Now, to be fair, two of those losses came to Clemson and Syracuse, but they sandwiched a loss to a bad Florida State team. The strengths of both teams (BC's defense and Boise's offense) match up pretty well, so that should be fun to watch, at least, and both teams can just pretend they're playing in the actual Cotton Bowl game if they really want to. In fact, I bet that's what Steve Addazio told his team.

Minnesota vs. Georgia Tech (-5.5) - LIVE FROM DETROIT, IT'S THE QUICK LANE BOWL! Minnesota row'd the boat hard enough to win Paul Bunyan's Axe and would like you all to know that. The bigger story in this game is that Paul Johnson will be coaching his last game at the helm of the Yellow Jackets, as he is stepping down after the game. Frankly, while it's hard to say he made Georgia Tech into a collegiate power, he did make them into a fun, weird program, and college football could always use more fun and weird.

California vs. Texas Christian (EVEN) - LIVE FROM PHOENIX, IT'S THE CHEEZ-IT BOWL! Honestly, that's all you really need to know here. The former Arizona Bowl has rebranded itself with a sponsorship from a hip, relevant brand that the youth of today love. I for one cannot wait for the Cheez-It cracker and the straight-man scientist guy to offer sideline reports from a commandeered Boogermobile, all while Marshawn Lynch sits in the booth chowing down on a box of White Cheddar Cheez-Its (also, I feel you should know that I looked at two different rankings of Cheez-It flavors, and while Thrillist ranked them as the best flavor, Food & Wine had them dead last. These things are CONTROVERSIAL, Y'ALL).

Temple (-3.5) vs. Duke - LIVE FROM SHREVEPORT, IT'S THE WALK-ON'S INDEPENDENCE BOWL! That's right, it's the only bowl game sponsored by walk-on football players, who already don't have much in the way of financial support from the schools but somehow have enough money to sponsor a bowl game! Hope you enjoyed that bit of humor, because I used a lot of it up in that Cheez-It bit back there.

Miami (-3.5) vs. Wisconsin - LIVE FROM THE HEART OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN NEW YORK CITY, IT'S THE NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL! There's only one thing I really need to say here, which is that these two teams met last year during bowl season as well, but that was in the Orange Bowl and hahaha boy this ain't that huh?

Baylor vs. Vanderbilt (-3.5) - LIVE FROM HOUSTON, IT'S THE ACADEMY SPORTS + OUTDOORS TEXAS BOWL! This year's Texan participant: Baylor, and while I'm sure Matt Rhule is a nice guy, I'm still at the point where I wish the program would get swallowed up by a sinkhole. Vanderbilt seems to be having one of their best seasons since James Franklin left, which I'm just going to assume is true because I'm not going to go check on that. If you're keeping track at home, then yes, I will spend more time looking up Cheez-It flavors than Vanderbilt's historical records, and I think you all expect and demand that level of commitment.

Purdue vs. Auburn (-3.5) - LIVE FROM NASHVILLE, IT'S THE FRANKLIN AMERICAN MORTGAGE MUSIC CITY BOWL! Boy, talk about two programs who are in wildly different headspaces. In one corner, you have Auburn, which started the year in the top 10 and got a big neutral site victory over Washington, before everything fell to the wayside, all culminating with Gus Malzahn apparently keeping his job though literally everyone involved would like to move on at this point. In the other corner, you have Purdue, which managed to beat the everloving shit out of Ohio State, and then manage to keep Jeff Brohm from leaving to take over at his alma mater. Seriously think about it, though: Purdue fans are more excited about football things than their Auburn counterparts.

#16 West Virginia vs. #20 Syracuse (EVEN) - LIVE FROM ORLANDO, IT'S THE CAMPING WORLD BOWL! On the one hand, boy it really feels like West Virginia deserves better than this game. They were legitimately fun to watch this year, especially with Will Grier looking like a legitimate Heisman candidate all year. Instead of getting a fun bowl game, they're instead heading to Orlando, and Grier is making the smart decision to not play in a meaningless game and instead prepare for the draft. Syracuse, meanwhile, had a really fun breakout year, especially when Eric Dungey turned into a cult hero with his neverending antics and fun play, and their three losses make complete sense; two of them are to CFP teams, while the third came against Pitt, aka the Most Important Team in College Football. Without Grier, I don't know how fun this will be, but what are you honestly doing on December 28th at this time anyway?

#24 Iowa State vs. #13 Washington State (-3.5) - LIVE FROM SAN ANTONIO, IT'S THE VALERO ALAMO BOWL! And speaking of teams who deserved better: Wazzu! The Cougs were right on the cusp of a CFP argument before they did what they always do, Couging it in the Apple Cup to lose the division, and eventually conference, to Washington, and then getting left out of the NY6 games in favor of *checks notes* Florida, who is bad, and LSU, who can't play offense. And I get it, the Pac-12 did not cover itself in glory this year, but this was a very fun team that Mike "Just Asking Questions" Leach put together. Oh yeah, and I've spent all that time and not even gotten to Iowa State, which was also really fun to watch this year, and capped it off by extending actual good coach Matt Campbell and putting more money into the program. The Iowa State coaching staff still only gets paid about 1/8th of what richest man in Iowa Kirk Ferentz makes each year, which is a number I made up but you all know damn well you'd believe it.

Go here to enter your choices: https://goo.gl/forms/azz8tR8gBOkS7SwC2

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Cog wrote: »
    Jesus fuck there are too many bowl games.

Disagree button

HEY I AGREE BUT ALSO WE BOTH KNOW HOW UNWIELDY PART 3 IS RIGHT NOW.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Boston College vs. #25 Boise State (-2.5)
    Minnesota vs. Georgia Tech (-5.5)
    California vs. Texas Christian (EVEN) - (mmm...White Cheddar...)
    Temple (-3.5) vs. Duke
    Miami (-3.5) vs. Wisconsin
    Baylor vs. Vanderbilt (-3.5)
    Purdue vs. Auburn (-3.5) - BOILER UP!
    #16 West Virginia vs. #20 Syracuse (EVEN)
    #24 Iowa State vs. #13 Washington State (-3.5)

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Boston College vs. Boise State (-2.5)
    California vs. Texas Christian (EVEN)
    Temple (-3.5) vs. Duke
    Purdue vs. Auburn (-3.5)
    West Virginia vs. Syracuse (EVEN)
    Iowa State vs. Washington State (-3.5)

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Cheez-Its are a better form of Cheeto.

[IMG][/img]
  • CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Just to make it clear, I will be dry heaving in my basement instead of actually watching the Alamo bowl, because emotionally I can neither handle my team succeeding or nearly succeeding and failing. Decades of ISU fandom have conditioned my body to reject anything but abject failure.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    ja7AFnQ.png

gkZw6Vu.png

Mike Norvell is a bad football coach.

[IMG][/img]
    This game got real dumb in the last two minutes.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

[IMG][/img]
    That was coaching malpractice on like eight levels.

So did Major Applewhite let that happen because of his name

Should've let Ed Oliver keep his damn coat on.

[IMG][/img]
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    624jdi3c4pi3.png

Our winner for Part I is @Ladybug2332 ! Congratulations!

Don't forget, Part II is due by Noon Eastern on Wednesday!

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    624jdi3c4pi3.png

Holy Cow!! That is super exciting!

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Boston College vs. Boise State (-2.5)
    California vs. Texas Christian (EVEN)
    Temple (-3.5) vs. Duke
    Purdue vs. Auburn (-3.5)
    West Virginia vs. Syracuse (EVEN)
    Iowa State vs. Washington State (-3.5)

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    624jdi3c4pi3.png

Holy Cow!! That is super exciting!

My wife is better at me than things, including pickem. This is not news, just a neverending reminder of my failures. Good thing I’m married to her so I can ride her coattails at least. -_-

edited December 2018
    FSU is going to hire Kendal Briles as OC. Who 1) sucks at offensive coordinating and 2) was part of his dad's rape cover up crew.

enlightenedbum on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    ProFootballTaklk reports that the Jets will try to get Harbaugh

I really don't think he'll take the deal, but if he does

I mean of all teams

The fuckin' Jets?

NFL reporters just make shit up about Harbaugh. They have for five years now.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    FSU is going to hire Kendal Briles as OC. Who 1) sucks at offensive coordinating and 2) was part of his dad's rape cover up crew.

I’m not particularly happy about either of these things... sigh...

Sounds about right for FSU

Plus the Jets are nowhere near as attractive as Harbaugh’s homestate Browns

Oh, I know

But the thought of him going to the goddamn Jets is so revolting that I had to vent

I do not like the Jets

I’d really like to defend my school here... yeah. 😕

I’d really like to defend my school here... yeah. 😕

OSU fan here, so....

Well that was rude of the forums to revert back in the middle of my monologue about OSU

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I missed all of page 13 of the other thread, but I assume everyone was talking about how Iowa beat Mississippi State with -15 rushing yards

I missed all of page 13 of the other thread, but I assume everyone was talking about how Iowa beat Mississippi State with -15 rushing yards

Documenting signs of the apocalypse is for one of the various Trump threads.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I didn’t get a chance to watch all of the LSU UCF game, but just saw that LSU was essentially missing its entire defense. On one play where a corner or safety got burned, the announcer was like “yeah he was a wide receiver but they had to put him on defense because there’s literally no one left” and just, wow

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
This discussion has been closed.