As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The rumble is basically fine but easily the weakest of the single player challenges.

The wild disparatity in power level between the totems is what’s really shocking to me. Maybe you beat the whole thing, maybe the second boss kills you. Super swingy.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure 'shrines' are gonna be the new fancy thing in the post-rotation expansion

I wouldn't mind some more "permanent" type effects. Something similar to Artifacts or whatever permanent effects are called in that game.

Are you talking about Magic or some other game? Magic has like a half dozen types of noncreature permanents.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure 'shrines' are gonna be the new fancy thing in the post-rotation expansion

I wouldn't mind some more "permanent" type effects. Something similar to Artifacts or whatever permanent effects are called in that game.

Are you talking about Magic or some other game? Magic has like a half dozen types of noncreature permanents.

Yeah, I meant to specify MTG.

Planeswalkers might as well be the Heroes here
    Weapons here act like artifacts in a few ways
    Non-buff Enchantments don't really have an analogue in Hearthstone, which would be fine to add to hearthstone and its what those totems feel like.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    warlock quest is basically an enchantment

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Rogue quest, Raza battlecry, and DK Jaina elemental lifesteal would be emblems I guess?

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I really like the shrine concept I just wish they had gone a step further away from bullshit with it.

Twitch: Thawmus83
    Trying to think of how to write Hearthstone weapons as MTG artifacts and it's pretty wordy. Could probably keyword it though.

Fiery War Axe
    Artifact Weapon

When Fiery War Axe enters the battlefield, put 3 attack counters and 2 durability counters on Fiery War Axe.

(Tap) Remove a durability counter from Fiery War Axe: Deal damage equal to the number of attack counters on Fiery War Axe to target creature, player, or planeswalker. If a creature is targeted this way, deal damage to yourself equal to its attack. Damage dealt this way bypasses hexproof. Activate this ability only when you would activate a sorcery.

If Fiery War Axe has no durability counters, sacrifice Fiery War Axe. If another artifact weapon comes under your control, sacrifice Fiery War Axe.

3 mana for two Lightning Bolts is would be broken as hell in Magic.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    If you wanted to be as precise as possible, you'd also have to account for the corner case of not being able to tap an Artifact Weapon on the same turn that you already tapped one (before accounting for things like Windfury, Fool's Bane, etc.).

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Trying to think of how to write Hearthstone weapons as MTG artifacts and it's pretty wordy. Could probably keyword it though.

Fiery War Axe
    Artifact Weapon

When Fiery War Axe enters the battlefield, put 3 attack counters and 2 durability counters on Fiery War Axe.

(Tap) Remove a durability counter from Fiery War Axe: Deal damage equal to the number of attack counters on Fiery War Axe to target creature, player, or planeswalker. If a creature is targeted this way, deal damage to yourself equal to its attack. Damage dealt this way bypasses hexproof. Activate this ability only when you would activate a sorcery.

If Fiery War Axe has no durability counters, sacrifice Fiery War Axe. If another artifact weapon comes under your control, sacrifice Fiery War Axe.

Man, I'm just trying to imagine that amount of card text on a Hearthstone card.

u6l3nwa7s0o9.png
    b87opmzboadn.png

Seems like a standard MTG card to me. :wink:

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Well, you’d just need to have a category for weapons, rather than try to jawbone it into magic’s existing rules

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    To be fair, weapon is a keyword in Hearthstone. If you keyworded it in Magic as something like weapon: 3/2 you could stick all of that text in the rulebook.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    magic wording is great because it tells you what a card does

liEt3nH.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    And my version of the Hearthstone team trying to rewrite that text to the card.

5oozlb9ie654.png

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I got to catch Shudderwock losing quite a few times in that Philly tournament. Although one series came down to Shudderwock vs. Shudderwock, a battle where no one wins.

edited December 2018
    I got stymied by a 50/50/50 tonight, including win 2 of any class, so I took ol' Whizbang into Wild. Ended up going 2-0. The first game really shocked me.

It was Surrender priest vs. fuckin' Jade druid. Granted, I had Keleseth on 2, and ended up Surrendering + PWS on 4 (to get a head start on drawing beefy minions), but the druid got a pretty solid start as well. It got pretty hairy, but I was eventually able to stabilize and keep a solid board after he'd used both Poisoned Seeds and finally ended up in topdeck mode. Psychic Scream is quite an MVP when you get to stuff his deck with Annoy-o-Trons and vanilla statted minions, apparently keeping his second UI out of the picture.

Other game was treant druid vs. some form of Tempo or token(?) shaman. Getting a board of 2 5/5s and a 4/4 on turn 4 (via coin) is pretty good tempo! Even his Big Bad Voodoo'd Corridor Creeper that became a Tirion (ffs), sitting next to a Flametongue totem, wasn't enough to save him.

Whizbang IS wonderful!

forty on
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Are there different deck recipes in wild?

Nope

liEt3nH.png
    Blizz puts the absolute minimum effort into Wild possible.

Marty81 wrote: »
    Are there different deck recipes in wild?
    Nah, I just went into wild so as not to risk losing Standard stars.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Fiery War Axe
    Artifact Weapon

While it's not quite the same thing, they did print a card that's a lot like Jaraxxus, weapon and all.

Image.ashx?multiverseid=439760&type=card

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • shergakshergak Registered User regular

Fiery War Axe
    Artifact Weapon

Could make it a little simpler by just having it deal 3 damage, instead of using attack counters. Also, Hexproof could just be the stealth equivalent, so wouldn't need to be part of the card text perhaps?

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    eu meta has shifted and is now wall to wall control warlock

~*~*~*~fun~*~*~*~

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hey guys something weird is going on in the thread???

WWisf8N.png

Words are just blanking out in peoples' posts? What's going on there?????

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    is this an SCP

Blizz is actively erasing Wild from message boards.

shergak wrote: »

Fiery War Axe
    Artifact Weapon

Could make it a little simpler by just having it deal 3 damage, instead of using attack counters. Also, Hexproof could just be the stealth equivalent, so wouldn't need to be part of the card text perhaps?

If the attack value isn't a counter then you can't Upgrade! it or similar effects, and Hexproof is closer to that one Unicorn card that got printed a few sets ago imo.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Blizz is actively erasing from message boards.

Erasing what?

Fiery War Axe
    Artifact Weapon

If the attack value isn't a counter then you can't Upgrade! it or similar effects, and Hexproof is closer to that one Unicorn card that got printed a few sets ago imo.

I think he's saying the uninteractability of stealth is closer to hexproof than elusive is. Elusive is actually shroud anyway if we want to be pedantic.

• shergakshergak Registered User regular

Fiery War Axe
    Artifact Weapon

That is true. All good points, I think I might have gone too simple with it.

edited December 2018

Fiery War Axe
    Artifact Weapon

I think he's saying the uninteractability of stealth is closer to hexproof than elusive is. Elusive is actually shroud anyway if we want to be pedantic.

Well yeah, regular elusive is shroud, but to be doubly pedantic the unicorn I mentioned is effectively hexproof because it's only Elusive on the enemy turn so that you can still buff it.

Edit: I'm also biased because Eternal uses weapons as one of the counters to their version of hexproof units, which would make me want this hypothetical War Axe to also fill that role. Get chopped, Geist of Saint Traft!

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I think part of it is that the AI cheats by starting with the same cards every time. Now the AI always did this mind, but in the case of this particular dungeon run, the opening hand always synergizes with the totem so for several of them, even if you kill their totem early they're still lined up to pull out some extreme bullshit as soon as the totem comes back up - such as Loti filling the board with ~7/7s on turn 5-6 or a spell damage Malacrass clearing your board every 3 turns when the shine pops back up.

Late game pirate with the card steal shrine is almost a guaranteed loss except for the most degenerate deck builds, because she has twice your deck to begin with and twice your health and is still stealing a card from you every 3 turns at the slowest, so not only can you not attrition her out, you can't afford to leave her minions up so she can react to your board, but she has too much health to rush down even if you did try to ignore her board.

I got extra pissed. I was running the priest “heal enemy is damage” shrine, got the “heal all minions to full” companion. Playing against the pirate rogue he stole her from my deck, played her, and the mothrah feathering goose killed all my minions. Even though he didn’t have my shrine. Still deciding if it’s worth the effort to go to Blizz forums and submit a bug report.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    1-55 on the Rumble.

My kids aren't fans of just getting a card back and that's it.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Huh, a golden frostmourne (from a golden lich king) gives you all golden minions when it procs

^_^

same with a golden cube

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Huh, a golden frostmourne (from a golden lich king) gives you all golden minions when it procs

^_^

same with a golden cube

fun fact: if you play golden whizzbang, you get a golden coin

The rule of thumb when it comes to gold card generation is just assume the Midas effect.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

^_^

same with a golden cube

fun fact: if you play golden whizzbang, you get a golden coin

This is true of any all-golden deck

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Winter veil event starting tomorrow. There will be a quest for packs and a bundle for sale, be sure to have an extra open quest slot.

Quest: Play 100 cards in Play mode
    Reward: 6 Boomsday packs

Bundle: $20 for 6 Boomsday, Witchwoods, KNC, KFT, and Un'goro packs.

edited December 2018
    Winter veil event starting tomorrow. There will be a quest for packs and a bundle for sale, be sure to have an extra open quest slot.
    Thank you for the PSA!

Ah, another $20 for 30 packs deal. Those are the only ones that feel remotely worth it from a price per pack standpoint, it's just a shame they're always heavy on sets that are rotating soon.

I'm teeming with WoW token blizzbux so I'll probably go for it. It's the most affordable way to shore up the dust supplies, and in this case there's at least a remote chance of getting a playable Witchwood or Boomsday legendary or epic that I still could use into next year.

forty on
    seems deceitful that this thread title still mentions a new meta

liEt3nH.png
    Pro meta is new, combo everywhere. Us plebs are just content running minions into each other though.