As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    He didn't mention warframe hub. I like warframe hub. Whenever I'm thinking of logging in I can see a general overview of everything.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    What is the best way to get tellurium, and why is it red/orange?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

Tellurium is principally an Archwing resource (its equivalent of Orokin Cells), so most "farm" it via Salacia, Archwing Mobile Defense.

However, it also drops on Uranus, as every mission there technically counts as being an Archwing mission, due to all the underwater bullshit.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    FYI switch tenno, I accidentally started our clan ascension ceremony from rank 0 to rank 1. People have 72 hours to visit the clan hall and interact (Y button) with the blue glowy thing in the middle of the entry hall and get a free 15000 endo... buuuut you need to have been in the clan a certain amount of time to get it I think, and I don't know how many qualify. @unclesporky probably does I think, not sure about anyone else.

15000 endo is a huge chunk so try to go check if you can collect it.

Also sporky if you could change the message of the day to mention interacting with the thing that would be helpful, I forgot to.

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to interact fine and that's a handy pile of Endo.

Me as well. From what I read you have to have been in the clan for a number of days equal to the rank gain, or something like that.

Also, we aren't going up to rank 1, we're going up to rank 5.

I added to the MOTD, hope most people get a chance to grab the endo!

So many projects going and/or completed in the labs...I got some more kicked off.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

Tellurium is principally an Archwing resource (its equivalent of Orokin Cells), so most "farm" it via Salacia, Archwing Mobile Defense.

However, it also drops on Uranus, as every mission there technically counts as being an Archwing mission, due to all the underwater bullshit.

Uranus is the best way of getting tellurium. Ophelia or Cressida are good places since they tend to throw a lot of enemies at you. Mainly because picking up loot in archwing is a pain. The fact that there is no Vacuum in space is a travesty!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    He didn't mention warframe hub. I like warframe hub. Whenever I'm thinking of logging in I can see a general overview of everything.

Oh damn, how have I never heard of this? This is almost perfect, they just need to have the page elements scale better to portrait mode.

https://hub.warframestat.us/timer

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options

Uranus is the best way of getting tellurium. Ophelia or Cressida are good places since they tend to throw a lot of enemies at you. Mainly because picking up loot in archwing is a pain. The fact that there is no Vacuum in space is a travesty!

I've never found Tellurium to actually drop that frequently on Uranus, and assuming there's an Itzal, no one has to actively pick up anything. Or shoot a gun. Or swing a... sword?

• Options
    Thanks for the advice.

I still wanna know why it's red though.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the advice.

I still wanna know why it's red though.

Because red is pretty

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Also, potatoes, gallium, argon, morphics, and ferrite are silver/white in color and they wanted to break the monotony.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    And the Focus acquired from Eidolon Shards doesn't go against your daily cap.

the daily cap is mostly irrelevant I think, I don't know how someone would ever reach it the way it's calibrated right now.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

the daily cap is mostly irrelevant I think, I don't know how someone would ever reach it the way it's calibrated right now.

Very easily if you do ESO as Saryn with a halfway decent build. Volt's another option, i forget who the other meta choices are (Sancutary Onslaught also works, it's just slower - good if you need Khora though). When i was bothering to play, i could easily get to wave 9+ as Saryn, which brought in a ton of focus. Quite often i could push into the early teens, which brought even more (Less optimal for rewards, better for focus)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    I'll have to try that sometime, I've never seriously tried ESO, just ran SO a few times to see what it was like.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I unlocked every Waybound passive, and juiced up the space for them, using Volt or Saryn and grinding ESO for a few weeks. Nothing comes close in terms of speed to completion.

It is remarkable the difference those passives all stack up to make for your Spoiler mode, versus having none of them. It's night and day.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    I unlocked every Waybound passive, and juiced up the space for them, using Volt or Saryn and grinding ESO for a few weeks. Nothing comes close in terms of speed to completion.

It is remarkable the difference those passives all stack up to make for your Spoiler mode, versus having none of them. It's night and day.
    I've focused on getting the void dash and energy capacity ones and those alone have been super useful.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Having finished Second Dream, should I now know what you're talking about? I mean I saw it, but there was no explanation as to how to earn it.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

It can be done in 30-45 minutes with Saryn, Volt, or Equinox in ESO. Do that and one 3x3 Tridolon hunt and you’re looking at 600kish focus for under two hours of effort.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Figgy wrote: »
    Having finished Second Dream, should I now know what you're talking about? I mean I saw it, but there was no explanation as to how to earn it.

no, you won't understand until a little further on.
    or wait I think the focus system is mostly unlocked at the point you're at, nevermind. There's just some of the parts of it that are not relevant to you until a tiny bit later.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Tellurium is far more common in the universe as a whole than on Earth. Its extreme rarity in the Earth's crust, comparable to that of platinum, is due partly to its high atomic number, but also to its formation of a volatile hydride which caused it to be lost to space as a gas during the hot nebular formation of the planet.
    Huh I didn't know it was a real element. Knowing the above it's cool that it only comes from Archwing missions, aka only in space (except Uranus loophole, because there's always an "except")

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Tellurium is far more common in the universe as a whole than on Earth. Its extreme rarity in the Earth's crust, comparable to that of platinum, is due partly to its high atomic number, but also to its formation of a volatile hydride which caused it to be lost to space as a gas during the hot nebular formation of the planet.
    Huh I didn't know it was a real element. Knowing the above it's cool that it only comes from Archwing missions, aka only in space (except Uranus loophole, because there's always an "except")

Funny how Uranus turns out to be some kind of hole.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Very easily if you do ESO as Saryn with a halfway decent build. Volt's another option, i forget who the other meta choices are (Sancutary Onslaught also works, it's just slower - good if you need Khora though). When i was bothering to play, i could easily get to wave 9+ as Saryn, which brought in a ton of focus. Quite often i could push into the early teens, which brought even more (Less optimal for rewards, better for focus)

Well, shit, guess I need to throw plat at Saryn (more likely prime) next.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    The Saryn farm isn't that bad. At least not as complicated as the description on the wiki makes it sound.

The annoying part is farming up the arena points to actually run Kela.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    The Saryn farm isn't that bad. At least not as complicated as the description on the wiki makes it sound.

The annoying part is farming up the arena points to actually run Kela.

If she was not vaulted it is always easier to get Saryn prime over regular. She was my white whale. Something like 35 runs for my first system and then another 4 for Chroma.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    Wikipedia wrote:

It's a pretty cool element! If you shine infrared lasers through it, the laser frequency comes out doubled on the other side. It also makes you smell really really bad if you touch it.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Speaking of the Saryn farm, all these newcomers to the thread bragging about their frame acquisitions have inspired me to farm up some of the easier-to-get frames that I never bothered with. So Excalibur, Frost, Ember, and Saryn are all being cooked.

I had heard Saryn was hard to get, but there's pretty much always other people running that rathuum mission, so it goes by pretty fast. And once the lot of you have farmed up a decent amount of battle points or whatever, you can just take turns taxiing each other into the boss fight.

The one I'm actually struggling with is Hydroid. Seems like no one ever does Vay Hek's mission (though I can absolutely understand why).

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    And it used to be that you had to farm up a bunch of beacons for the privilege of doing that shitty fight, too!

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Back when it came, I remember a few of us running it enough to get all of us Hydroid, then we never went back in again.

That being said, and to repeat myself, never be afraid to ask in Alliance chat for some extra bodies for pain in the arse missions. I can only speak for myself, but taking 5-10 minutes out of my day to help someone out is never a bother, and I'm still getting resources/ credits/ drops/ affinity I can use. Running something to make it less of a pain for someone is as good a reason as any to do a mission. Even Vay Hek.

MrGrimoire on
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Thanks for the updates re: the Switch clan rank update and that gigantic pile of sweet, sweet endo! I had clan rank and clan tier confused at first, and was worried about our research prices escalating; that's a relief!

One problem I've noticed after playing Valkyr: when leveling up frames after playing as her for a while, I keep playing them all the same way I played her, e.g. leading with my chin and dropping a snarling, spinning mass of clawed death into mobs of enemies. This... doesn't translate as well to other frames, particularly when they still have that new frame smell and can't take very many mods yet.

Luckily, I've found a solution: go back to playing as Valkyr, which works for me! Especially since I upgraded her hideous default color scheme to an even more hideous turquoise/pink combination; she's serving up some late 80s/early 90s realness along with a whirlwind of mayhem and destruction.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So I know some things are getting vaulted tomorrow, but is there a list of what's going away, and do we know what's being added in? Like is there a schedule anywhere or do we just log in and see what new relics there are?

• Options
    So I know some things are getting vaulted tomorrow, but is there a list of what's going away, and do we know what's being added in? Like is there a schedule anywhere or do we just log in and see what new relics there are?

The official forums and Warframe.wiki (as well as the log-in patch notes) will each have the information you seek somewhere.

That said, relics containing vaulted parts will no longer drop and new relics will be released containing the parts for Mesa Prime, Akjagara Prime, and Redeemer Prime.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    Thanks for the updates re: the Switch clan rank update and that gigantic pile of sweet, sweet endo! I had clan rank and clan tier confused at first, and was worried about our research prices escalating; that's a relief!

One problem I've noticed after playing Valkyr: when leveling up frames after playing as her for a while, I keep playing them all the same way I played her, e.g. leading with my chin and dropping a snarling, spinning mass of clawed death into mobs of enemies. This... doesn't translate as well to other frames, particularly when they still have that new frame smell and can't take very many mods yet.

Luckily, I've found a solution: go back to playing as Valkyr, which works for me! Especially since I upgraded her hideous default color scheme to an even more hideous turquoise/pink combination; she's serving up some late 80s/early 90s realness along with a whirlwind of mayhem and destruction.

It's unfortunate that Valkyr Prime is vaulted, as the skin is much better (you may want an alternate helmet, though most of the prime helmet is good, just that awkward bit in tip that distracts from a very wolf-like face...)

Bastet helmet is real good.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

It's unfortunate that Valkyr Prime is vaulted, as the skin is much better (you may want an alternate helmet, though most of the prime helmet is good, just that awkward bit in tip that distracts from a very wolf-like face...)

She was vaulted relatively recently so there should still be a lot of relics with her stuff floating around so you can get lucky and get some of her parts if you run enough relic cracking missions. If that doesn't work out then her parts aren't going to be as much as say Volt Prime who has been vaulted for a very long time and are getting rarer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Speaking of that, why do you need life support for Survival missions when you can breathe in space perfectly fine in Archwing missions?

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

She was vaulted relatively recently so there should still be a lot of relics with her stuff floating around so you can get lucky and get some of her parts if you run enough relic cracking missions. If that doesn't work out then her parts aren't going to be as much as say Volt Prime who has been vaulted for a very long time and are getting rarer.

Hmm... I do have the Kara and Bastet BPs; my wife shot down the Kara helmet as being too 90's rave like, so I've been running with the default for now. And I did happen upon a Prime BP for her from an early relic cracking; eventually I'll run out of non-Prime frames to build and I'll start to focus on that.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular

Speaking of that, why do you need life support for Survival missions when you can breathe in space perfectly fine in Archwing missions?
    Being Infestation based
    , warframes likely do not need to breath or can naturally survive in a vacuum like they do. Survival missions always mention some kind of poisonous additive to the environment though which you need life support to purge.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

Being Infestation based
    , warframes likely do not need to breath or can naturally survive in a vacuum like they do. Survival missions always mention some kind of poisonous additive to the environment though which you need life support to purge.

There's lore that the archwings have life support systems too. So this is doubly silly in things like Uranus or anywhere with vacuum.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular

The Archwing itself is providing life support.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah on most survival missions, Lotus will say "oh no they're flooding the area with poisonous gas." It's specifically something you need life support for.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The survival mission question and many more were in this video which popped up in my YouTube feed. Lots of good (non spoiler) stuff in the interview. Fills in a few lore questions but they are really vague because they don't want to give away too much since it appears the real answers are planned for upcoming releases.

https://youtu.be/JGYjJtmUqhI

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Ok smart guys, then why do you slowly die if you break the windows in that one room type?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment