As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Switcharoo 2

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Switcharoo 2

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Shadowed_Hand Shadowed_Hand Registered User regular
    Agreed that "Hades" is indeed rad...much better once you get the shield though the spear comes close. Supergiant Games always brings it's AAA game when it comes to it's artwork.

• Options
    GuilelessGuileless Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the Epic Games Store supports Vista?

• Options
    ViRGEViRGE Registered User regular
    Switcharoo 2? When was Switcharoo 1?

• Options
    vanner11vanner11 Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    vanner11 wrote: »
    I miss Surge...When did Mtn Dew overtake Surge?

Somewhere in the late '90s. FYI, you can still buy Surge online as I think they started making it again. No idea if it's totally the same, but people seem to like it.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    At guy my high school's dad won that promotion so he would occasionally get picked up in the surge taxi.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    ViRGE wrote: »
    Switcharoo 2? When was Switcharoo 1?

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/05/29/switcheroo

Slightly different spelling, but perhaps this is the reference. Comic isn't really related, other than that Gabe is dumb.

Or even http://www.acq-inc.com/portfolio/details/switcharoo

As for today's comic... oy vey. These people exist. Well, people that say the dev should port their game as if that's a job that will only take a couple of days. I just read someone posting that a certain AA developed game should add Steam Workshop support because it's a "lazy and easy way to make your game last longer." Classic case of "yes, but".

dennis on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I appreciate the committment to Surge. The true vaguely green overloaded caffeine sugar drink!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    If only he had drank Josta then he would have succeeded.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I appreciate the committment to Surge. The true vaguely green overloaded caffeine sugar drink!

Josta was better. It had guarana. I don’t know what that is but it had it.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Hawk oneHawk one Registered User regular
    For everyone's information: Surge (sometimes called Urge) never disappeared in Norway (and possibly some other countries as well). So just move there and you can get it all the time.

But signatures don't really work, do they?
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Josta was better. It had guarana. I don’t know what that is but it had it.

It's the thing that's in Josta.

• Options
    sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular
    It's a bit unrealistic, to be honest.
    The middle panel needs to be a five minute montage laced with sick techno beats for the process to work.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    If Mr. T can make a Mohawk class on live WoW servers, Gabe can do this.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Quick Trip is a convenience store chain in the midwest. And they carry Surge in their canned soda section.

I used to have a Friday tradition to go in there, get a can of Surge and a can of Mt. Dew Green Label, and then game all night long. I have given up soda altogether, but man do I miss that tradition. I love Surge.

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    I see Gabe helped code Fallout 76.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular

As much as I love Fallout 76, I'll have to disagree: Fallout 76 clearly does not have a "Optimize" line.

• Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    our LAN party caffeinated sludge of choice was Jolt Cola and occasionally Bawls (was this name intentionally bad?)

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    PohtHehdPohtHehd Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »

As much as I love Fallout 76, I'll have to disagree: Fallout 76 clearly does not have a "Optimize" line.

They replaced it with the "I don't care if this game was rushed out the door, is falling apart at the seams and has more bugs than vanilla New Vegas; these idiots will pay for any piece of shit with Fallout on the cover." line of code.

And lo, these idiots did.

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    PohtHehd wrote: »

They replaced it with the "I don't care if this game was rushed out the door, is falling apart at the seams and has more bugs than vanilla New Vegas; these idiots will pay for any piece of shit with Fallout on the cover." line of code.

And lo, these idiots did.

I was one of the people who expected it to fail (I mean, they basically took out the single most beloved thing about the series. GENIUS.), but even I didn't expect it to fail so hard.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for a $15 sale on FO76. Then I'll check it out.

• Options
    Fallout 76 is actually pretty damn fun, but yeah, thanks for the insult.

• Options

Just so we're clear, I'm not agreeing with that part of Poht's statement... I don't understand why you enjoy it, but that's your tastes and mine are pretty weird so I'm not one to judge.

It has been widely demonstrated to be absurdly broken, rushed, and with evidence of code stolen from mods and is getting a ton of backlash though, which was what I was commenting on.

• Options

Just so we're clear, I'm not agreeing with that part of Poht's statement... I don't understand why you enjoy it, but that's your tastes and mine are pretty weird so I'm not one to judge.

It has been widely demonstrated to be absurdly broken, rushed, and with evidence of code stolen from mods and is getting a ton of backlash though, which was what I was commenting on.

I probably should have used the quote feature, I wasn't talking about your comment.

I like the game because it's fun. It's really just that simple. But it is riddled with glitches and performance issues, and I really hope they'll do something about it because that's the only thing putting a (sometimes big) dampener on my enjoyment of the game. No AAA release should be this rough around the edges at launch.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I figured you meant Poht, just wanted to be sure you didn't think I was agreeing :)

As for me, I just don't see the appeal, but I don't like multiplayer-only games much (the last one I've played at length was City of Heroes #ForeverVirtue ) but then again my most hyped game for this year was Call of Cthulhu and my biggest complaint about Smash is that Eternal Darkness has zero representation so. nvm there's an Alex Roivas spirit I'm good.

OctoberRaven on
  • Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular

Could you source your 'stolen from mods' remark? Nearest thing I could google related to code being copied from Fallout 4 and Skyrim. Still super lazy, but not as outright sleazy as stealing code from the modding community of your own game.