As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Hey when we move to January, how does Wednesday or Tuesday work for people?

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Wednesday is no good

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Tuesday works for me

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I can do Tuesday

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    tuesday is generally okay with me.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Okay coooooolio

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    it occurs to me that we wont need to skip PAX South week, since we'd probably all be home before Tuesday? then again, I could be extremely exhausted afterward

last time I came back from a PAX, I wasn't really tired - more like in a state of utter serenity

Miss me? Find me on:

I'll be flying back Monday, and probably taking Tuesday off of work to rest and recover. PAX itself doesn't wear me out much, now that I've cut back the number of things I'm willing to wait in line for to just the absolute essentials. Well, except for West, where I'm running all over the city between theaters, up and down hills. But after South, the big cause of fatigue is the airplane ride itself. Those damn tiny seats, and the choice of flight related anxiety, or anxiety medication related side effects.

Anyway, I'll probably be fine by Tuesday night.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    odds are very high i will be out of town on the 27th, i might be able to get something working but i'm not sure.

were we meeting this week?

last week, it looks like, before we resume Rainfall's game

Miss me? Find me on:

I'm planning on it, but OK if people are busy.

well I'll be available to hang out, at the very least

Miss me? Find me on:

i am still available on the 20th.

hey everybutt

Miss me? Find me on:

hi

ugh, alright, I'm not feeling great rn

just gonna

take the evening off

apologies for the late notice

Miss me? Find me on:

alright, see you next year.

hey, how's everyone doing

Miss me? Find me on:

Just got back from this great japanese grill/sushi place, Double Knot (gotta go if you're in the Philly area). We were celebrating a friends graduation from college. Food was great (ate too much of it) and the cocktails were good (drank too much of it) so I'm gonna change into my jammies, drink some cider and maybe play some AssCreed Odyssey.

How bout you?

playing Stellaris, loosely planning some stuff I want to commission for my stream, and dinking around with Smash here and there

taking a brain break until after Christmas, because hoo boy I need one

Miss me? Find me on:

I have spent the day experimenting with homemade eggnog recipes. Mostly as an excuse to drink a great deal of rum.

i played some monster hunter, hunted the gold covered dragon a bunch, it was a good time.

Kevin's making some 'nog tomorrow, which is pretty legit

Miss me? Find me on:

oh shit, we're back.

Freeze, it could be a trap

hopefully beating up this devil puts some confidence back into Angus!

Miss me? Find me on:

we really beat the shit out of that demon too. like he got one good hit in, and then was destroyed.

It was a hell of a hit that he got in, though. Fucker would have one-shot you if not for Angus, and bloodied me through Rage.

yeah, for all the shit we give angus he pulled through in those last two fights.

edited January 2019
    so @iguanacus

to offer you a lot more flexibility, I can make strum a valor bard as a secondary option if we REALLY need it

like, I've been thinking hard about all your options for melee people and, well... let me list it out mostly because it helps me think about it

Paladin, Hexblade, Swashbuckler = ALL CHARISMA MELEE WTF (though hexblade needs it as a primary stat)

Fighter = n/a because you are definitely all fightered-out

Barbarian = big concerns about out of combat options

Moon druid = already covered

Melee Cleric = you're doing it right the heck now

Melee Ranger = ???? (dunno how you feel about this)

Monk = also doing this one right now

I guess the wildcard option is grabbing a race that starts with a shield (I guess that's... human? ugh) and going with some sort of rogue

and there's the Mystic, maybe?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

it me

the person who will get invested in your character when I have time to REALLY focus on them

Miss me? Find me on:

I'm actually stating up each of those classes right now. Starting with a hexblade half elf with eventual gwm and elven accuracy. Gonna just if actually making the characters helps me make a decision.

The worst thing about building this Wizard is that I spent all that time running the math on which subclass "cut your costs for spells of [school] in half" feature saves you the most money, and other tricks for optimizing spell costs, and now it feels like a betrayal of that effort to start a future Abjurer with Shield and Mage Armor. But like hell am I not going to have those and expect to survive past 1st level.

Even though it's only 50gp of potential savings squandered, it still hurts.

if my druid ends up the strongest member of this party i am going to have mixed feelings about it.

you'll turn into things with huge tracts of strength

it's sort of a given

Miss me? Find me on:

in beast mode sure, i kind of expect that, but i mean in normal form. if at ten strength if i'm in the running for physically strongest party member, i feel like we just flip flopped on our usual structure.

I don't see it as a huge problem?

the whole issue with strength in D&D is that it gets easily put aside in favor of useful spells, abilities, and whathaveyou

plus it can be supplemented as needed when it does become a thing

anyways, after further review on bard subclasses - I'll go College of Swords if we can't get another frontliner, and College of Glamour if we do

either work, given the motivation or origin of Strum's creator

in the case of the former, I'd have a pretty ridiculous AC

Miss me? Find me on:

Didn't have as much time as I thought I would because I forgot my buddies bachelor party was this last weekend, but I'm gonna continue today after work.

The Classes deal with Moving Heavy Shit:
    - The Fighter has muscles. They lift the heavy shit. Sometimes simple solutions are good, everything doesn't have to be so damn complicated all the time.
    - The Bard has friends. They ask them to come help lift the heavy shit.
    - The Cleric has Bull's Strength. They asks their God to help them lift the heavy shit.
    - The Druid has Wild Shape. They become a Gorilla and lift the heavy shit.
    - The Wizard has Animate Objects. They make the heavy shit move itself.
    - The Barbarian has muscles too. They lift the heavy shit. They lift it better when they get mad at how heavy it is. They hurl the heavy shit into the ocean. Hope that heavy shit wasn't something you needed.
    - The Sorcerer thought about learning Animate Objects, but passed it over in favor of a more generally useful combat spell. They seduce a dragon and the dragon agrees to help move the heavy shit.
    - The Ranger has friends (who are animals). They ask a moose to come help lift the heavy shit.
    - The Paladin also has muscles. They lift the heavy shit, and everyone watches their sweaty muscles all like "Mmm, yes please" because the Paladin also has a Charisma Bonus.
    - The Rogue knows people who know people. They insinuate that it would be very unfortunate if the heavy shit did not get moved. Concerned citizens arrive to move the heavy shit, entirely of their own free will.
    - The Warlock knows people who know... ENTITIES. The heavy shit ceases to occupy whatever space was inconvenient. Don't think too hard about the details.
    - The Monk has an understanding that the world and all of its contents is an illusion, and too great of focus on material things is the source of all suffering. They are comfortable leaving the heavy shit where it is.

Dungeon Friends. Do we fight today?