As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

LOOK WHO’S DUBBING TIM GOODMAN IN THE JAPANESE RELEASE OF DETECTIVE PIKACHU

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    yaaaaaay more work for toku actors

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Who's up for a look at the next Super Sentai group via toy-scans?
    w7bJOVM.jpg
    Say hello to Kishiryu Sentai Ryusouger.

As for their mecha...
    NgksHqC.jpg

Red's seems to be like Go-Buster Ace in that it has it's own Megazord-ish form by itself.

RQdJMay.jpg
    03yjavo.jpg

And like Kyuryuger's, Blue and Pink's mecha can join with Red's for the first formation though it seems to be less them becoming arms and more arm-guards with attatched weaponry.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I don't hate it. The helmet faces seem like a pretty big departure from what little I can gather from those images.

• Options
    I like the suits but not the helmets or the mecha

One girl on the team is a bummer

• Options
    Here's a better look at the heroes and their Megazord.
    0RtbGS9.jpg

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    "So what should the next sentai theme be?"

"Dinosaurs"

"But we've done that twice already"

"Kids love dinosaurs"

"Bu-"

"DINOSAURS"

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I know that they’re basically only canon with each other for crossovers.

But man if you listed out everything that’s supposedly happens in the past, every ancient civilisation, animal people, Kamen rider wizard or magical dinosaur people based event the history of the toku earth is fucking wild.

• Options

Let's talk about this

Not necessarily Higgins throwing his hat in the ring (though that's intriguing too), but Tsubaraya is potentially going to start making Ultraman series specifically for western audiences

I loved Orb and Geed. R/B is far and away my favorite toku show this year. I'm really intrigued by the idea, if they're able to capture that magic. I'm a bit worried they'd make it look edgy and ugly like last year's PR movie designs

Is it too much to hope that they would keep it suit-based? Would Americans find the charm in them?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It wouldn't be the first time they'd tried. Or even the second.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Anyone interested in seeing Kamen Rider Zi-O's third Rider with helmet on and off?
    4F4pYa3.jpg

Looks like Woz is getting a bit of a gear-upgrade outside of the suit as well.

• Options
    I am so happy that best boy is getting an upgrade

• Options
    Here's a slightly bigger and better look at the new Rider and unmasked identity.
    rquBA43.jpgWH67nYP.jpg

• Options
    So in-between the current Super Sentai series and the next, there's going to be a four-part mini-series airing which looks to be borrowing a page from Ex-Aid's Super-Hero Taisen movie when it comes to the premise.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Sorry for a triple-post but scans are starting to come in for next month. I'll put some here later but here's the gist of them in the spoiler box for now.
    1) The Woz that's becoming a Kamen Rider seems to be from an alternate future. Ditto the Kamen Riders his Ridewatches as Geiz and Tsukuyomi are utterly clueless about their existence. If this is true, there's no word of what'll be happening to the current Woz.

2) The future Kamen Riders will be appearing with two of the three, Kamen Riders Shinobi and Quiz, debuting in January. The next Another Riders are in fact based on them rather then one of the Heisei Riders.

3 We'll see another previous 'midseason' form via the Decade Ridewatch in the form of OOO's TaJaDor form despite the fact that doing it through Decade is unneeded what with Zi-O already having a Ridewatch based on that exact form.

Also, reports from initial viewings of Heisei Generations Forever cite the appearance of a certain nice guy.
    O1UVOaP.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    New Zi-O episode introduced a couple of new Riders. Here's the henshin of the more important one.

As what the Rider's about, if current translations are true...
    Woz 2.0's from an alternate timeline where Geiz stops Oma Zi-O. Which means yes, he's Geiz's own hype-man just like Woz 1.0 is for Zi-O.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    i need to holler about gridman please someone talk to me about gridman
    original.gif

• Options
    It was good and neat!

I don't have much to say, but it was an interesting world

• Options
    you mean the og gridman, not the anime?

• Options
    are you really going to make me type out the ssss every time yes of course I meant the anime

• Options
    I was also not talking about superhuman samurai syber squad

• Options
    Gridman is good and excellent.

Despite being an anime they went to great lengths to make it a toku. The way the monsters move and act for example.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I have not watched Gridman yet, but it's on my list of shows to get to soon, because I'd probably really dig it.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I mean, this is the toku thread, not an anime thread

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »

I think it's ok seeing Gridman's roots. I mean, GARO has an anime too and it's fine to talk about it here as well if our benign overlords allow us to.

• Options
    I meant that clarifying is a valid question

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »

I figure if a mod is asking us to talk about Gridman it's probably okay

Unless this is entrapment

Whippy, are you an anime cop? You have to tell me if you are.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I mean, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    If we get to have a my hero academia thread then gosh darnit I get to talk about gridman in a toku thread, I ain’t infractin nobody

Anyways I’m not gonna spoil anything here cause y’all said you haven’t watched but hooboy I am Fucked Up from the last two episodes but especially the ending, it was brutal, like, an emotional gut punch I’m still feeling bruised from, now, almost two weeks later

• Options
    seriously my favorite show this year, everyone should give ssss.gridman a look

Bonus: if you also watch the English dub the guy who voices Alexis kerib does an impeccable tim curry impression

• Options
    ok, cool, it's over now?

I don't like picking up series mid-way through, I either watch from the beginning (or like, ep 2-3) or I wait till it's finished.

I feel it's easier to not get spoiled by just being like "I haven't watched any of it, but I want to"

• Options
    It’s a svelt 12 episodes so it’s nice and compact.
    I think it’s kinda wild that

A) It seems like a reboot but it’s a sequel.
    B) The only way to know it’s a sequel is to have seen the original Gridman toku because the show never outright says it.

Also it seems like the reason it was anime was because the world Akane built was anime, seeing as we see live action Akane at the end. It was secretly actual Toku all along

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    This calls for the Opening

https://youtu.be/l6nXAc4nw00

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Where can I watch SSSS.Gridman?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Where can I watch SSSS.Gridman?

It's on Crunchyroll

https://www.crunchyroll.com/ssssgridman

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    This calls for the Opening

https://youtu.be/l6nXAc4nw00

I love that miniatures work

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Oooh, that's encouraging

The orginal villains in Be The One where pretty boring and generic, as is often the way with the movies, but the other character moments where all really on point

This discussion has been closed.